"ねねがちゅーして吸い取ってやるね 'I'm going to suck you off with a little nappy-sucking'"Momosuzu Nene

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
say what you want about the clear neoptism having one giant clique as a company at least means they theoretically get along with eachother.
Like they did with Silvervale? They seem even more hostile more than anything, one wrong move and they tear you apart -- the Twitter of Vtuber corpos/groups.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Are the retard awards hosted by fucking Matpat? The best course of action with these things is just to snub them, Holo doesn't need these fags to be recognized.
You have to self-nominate, so the only way Gura was in the nomination list is if Cover themselves submitted the nomination.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

RiverBear

Just pointing out that there's more to the situation than graduating talents being taken as necessarily at fault for some presumed flaw of theirs, practical or moral (in the case of "artistry" virtue signalling) rather than potentially in how Hololive supports it's male talents in this instance. Once you put yourself in their shoes the rationale becomes a lot more sympathetic because sure, a guy working minimum wage might look rich to a beggar, but that doesn't mean he's not got problems and wouldn't go where the grass looks greener given the chance or the right sequence of events. Even if it meant missing out on being able to dance on stage every once in a while.
Lando in particular is important here since he serves as hard proof of a talent who could and has done better, but failed to succeed at the same level in Hololive despite all their "support". Maybe Vesper was a bad fit for the company culture, but maybe the culture is kind of stupid and arbitrary at times also. We know even the girls have strained against it in the past.
Some people are also used to the freedom of being an indie

They maybe thought they could continue doing their old content but with just the Hololive banner, but we all know they can't do that because of Japanese sensibilities

Some people just arent cut for the corporate life and that's fine. It just sucks for their fans though

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Like they did with Silvervale? They seem even more hostile more than anything, one wrong move and they tear you apart -- the Twitter of Vtuber corpos/groups.
i did say theoretically. Theoretically breathing air long enough should get me a stable job but theory only works on paper.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
Yeah, and just to quell any claims of bias, I think this is why Sana quit, too. God bless her, I love the woman, but she clearly was not cut out for it and her joining was ultimately likely a bad move on her part. At least she actually has passion elsewhere.

Smart idea to include all of Tempus and not just HQ.
Thats actually why I kind of "worry"(Not really, I don't give a shit but you get it) about Shiori. She is clearly a fan of the tech, but not particularly of vtubers, anyone in hololive or is idol brained at all. That's why she dodged the "who is your oshi" question with Kiara and why she had a hard time remembering Watame's name during their watch-along and called her "armpit sheep".

She is a very experienced youtuber and you can see it on how she is handling her own clips, but who knows how it will be once she has to start participating a bit on more music related activities.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Thats actually why I kind of "worry"(Not really, I don't give a shit but you get it) about Shiori. She is clearly a fan of the tech, but not particularly of vtubers, anyone in hololive or is idol brained at all. That's why she dodged the "who is your oshi" question with Kiara and why she had a hard time remembering Watame's name during their watch-along and called her "armpit sheep".

She is a very experienced youtuber and you can see it on how she is handling her own clips, but who knows how it will be once she has to start participating a bit on more music related activities.
I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say she would know what she was getting into. She may not have intricate knowledge of Hololive, in general, but she surely knows about their general activities. I would say the EN3 girls will not really have an excuse for not knowing what their responsibilities would be, though, since the activities COVID has been preventing for the other girls finally stafted ramping up this year.

If she is most interested in the tech, I do wonder if she plans to move to Japan or invest in an Ame-style 3D studio, though.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

she might be more interested in jp vtubers outside of holo, she was basically part of the foundation of the EN side of things when she was part of eilene crew. The resident moe poster could chime in with better info but after the falling out with eilene she fucked off to a corner on twitch and just streamed to a small audience and with her friends. She'd probably fit in more in niji to be honest but maybe she saw how ame does and thought she can ride the wave the same way. The girl can't sing for shit and her third stream was a karaoke :Vesper-UNHINGED: I don't think she's that retarded to not know what's expected of her, the question is if she has what it takes to deliver.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
I think you can change the brand thing can't you? I had the same issue for a while but was able to change my account to a regular account but I can't for the life of me remember how I did it and I don't know if it matters that it was a brand account attached to another account vs just a brand account on its own.

I've done a little bit of googling before and can't figure out how. But I also don't want to mess with it too much because I can easily see it just wiping out my member's badges.
Edit: Actually yeah, I found some Indian guys youtube video showing it. Still afraid of it wiping my members badges though.
Don't do it. I converted my youtube account from a brand account to a personal account and now it won't let me subscribe to a new channel.
1693196951480.png

mismatch

To be clear, Vesper made a very good decision joining Hololive even if he never intended to stay. He was streaming to right around 100 ccv as the orc, and on his second stream back he had over 1.5k, even if you assume all of the same people were in the twitch and YT streams. Even if he drops down farther over the next couple of weeks, he basically multiplied the size of his audience by 10. He also pocketed roughly $50,000 USD in superchats after YT/Cover's cut, plus whatever his cut of merch was, and made friends to stream with going forward. He effectively went from having to stream in his evenings after his shitty IT job, to almost certainly being able to make a modest full-time career out of it if he wants.

Cover has a problem with Holostars - if you join you definitely aren't gonna make "getting wealthy" money like the girls are, but you still have to live with a bunch of restrictions that some people are not gonna consider worth it. If they don't want people to use them as a way to grow their reach before going back to being indies, they should probably figure out how to lighten the restrictions on their talents, or help them make the kind of money that you absolutely can't say no to. Or just only hire idol wannabes - I suspect the reason that a lot of the JP talents stick around (besides a greater sense of corporate loyalty) is that they mostly seem to care a lot more about that stuff.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
Guys, is it within normal menhera chuuba behavior to go AFK for an hour in the middle of a stream, then come back and say you passed out due to the sleeping pills and alcohol?
For the remaining curious members he's mentioning Parasi, she jumped out of the stream for quite a while and returned a bit altered, slurring a bit even as a french still learning english.
I don't know why you would hold that information, she deserves to grow: she says terrible stuff nonchallantly all the time like the racial comments during GTA San Andreas playthrough (unfortunately, VODs are nuked), drinks too much for her own good, the only reason her room isn't a pigsty is because she lives with family and is a great artist:

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
they should probably figure out how to lighten the restrictions on their talents
Orientals lightening up ANYTHING!?
:NOWWELAUGH:
I agree with what you said and exactly that will be the dealbreaker to any male that doesn't have femboy tendencies. All the guys left at stars EN I can see them putting up with the idol part of the gig, dingo and altare probably are looking forward to it but people like magni and ves would probably loathe it on top of having a leash on them. It will be interesting to see how cover manages starsEN after this but if we're realistic they're not gonna change shit, they will definitely change their scouting approach though.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Crosspost from the Vesper and Magni thread.
I've downloaded subtitles from Vesper and Magni streams and also added some video info (e.g. title, date, description) to the text files. These should be useful to people who want to search for sources of some specific quote (thought it's youtube's auto-transcription, so results may vary).

(The reason why the same text appears multiple times in a row is because I stripped out subtitle file syntax used to make individual words appear at different times.)

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
and Yamanbas listen to that fag? I've shit on holo music but if anything I can always commend calli for is that in her music there's actual feelings behind what she produces every time. I may not like it but to say her music is soulless is just being a disingenuous fag or a retard. To this day I don't understand how music critics are a thing to the degree that they make a living off of it. At most I can see people recommending music as a more legit thing instead of a femboy telling you something is garbage because the artist spoke ingrish before.
After the last forum bashing when Brad's name came up he disappeared from my memory so I decided to skim a couple of his vids to get an idea of what his hatred comes from.

After skimming some vids it seems Brad really hates what he considers "overproduced" tracks. For him this means tracks with too many layers, bells, whistles or instruments going on at one time. Now that can be a legit criticism, sometimes I feel like Karen puts too much shit in at once on some songs. What's weird is that Brad is 95% negative throughout the entire review. It's not just the recent EP either it's EVERY TRACK she's ever made even the DemonDice stuff. The most positive he could get about any of her songs was "it's intentionally ADHD and I give it a shrug". He tries to shield himself from criticism because "it's his opinion" and uses "it's not an objective review" disclaimer but it just sounds like a personal vendetta. In his worst songs ever video he's noticeably less vitriolic and apathetic to songs that I would say are objectively worse than anything Mori has produced period.

As for the ongoing R/L ando debate I don't think I have much of a differing take than the others but I'm guessing the strawbreaker was the model updates. After double-checking(please I hope I'm not wrong) I think only Magni and Vesper got model updates which means it was most likely personal requests that they pushed for instead of those standard model updates rolled out for the girls. This only supports the contract negotiations rrat because I think the staff probably put an extra large percentage cut for repayment on those model requests. Regardless of how you feel about them quitting the money has to be worth the work they put in and if they both feel like they're getting underpaid compared to the effort it only makes sense to quit and move on. I personally think Magni did better as a creator compared to Lando but you gotta do what you gotta do.

For all the text skippers here's a Niji clip:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

MeteorImpact

So that Hololive DEV_IS released a new teaser video, implying it's counting down to an announcement.

The moonspeak is: 喜びは哀しみの倍 分かち合っていこう
Which Google translates to: Let's share happiness twice as much as sadness

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
So that Hololive DEV_IS released a new teaser video, implying it's counting down to an announcement.

I really cannot fathom wtf this even is. Music? A concert? An App? A game? A new gen? A music unit? The only hints we got was the logo of this thing appearing as an app in a phone so maybe it's some kind of program or game? They already have Holoearth and Hololy so idk what they need another of either.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
After the last forum bashing when Brad's name came up he disappeared from my memory so I decided to skim a couple of his vids to get an idea of what his hatred comes from.

After skimming some vids it seems Brad really hates what he considers "overproduced" tracks. For him this means tracks with too many layers, bells, whistles or instruments going on at one time. Now that can be a legit criticism, sometimes I feel like Karen puts too much shit in at once on some songs. What's weird is that Brad is 95% negative throughout the entire review. It's not just the recent EP either it's EVERY TRACK she's ever made even the DemonDice stuff. The most positive he could get about any of her songs was "it's intentionally ADHD and I give it a shrug". He tries to shield himself from criticism because "it's his opinion" and uses "it's not an objective review" disclaimer but it just sounds like a personal vendetta. In his worst songs ever video he's noticeably less vitriolic and apathetic to songs that I would say are objectively worse than anything Mori has produced period.
You just need to look at his dumbass face to see he's just another frustrated wannabe that hides behind the "critic" label because he could not cut it as an artist himself. Of course seeing someone like Calli busts his nuts harder than C&BT, same as 99.9% of people that can't help but bash her work. If she was so shit, people would just laugh off her attempts and go on their merry way, but it's like the Wojak memes: NOOO you can't be an anime wigger and be successful; meanwhile she's like "Guh! C-man and lean, big ups! *Downs box wine while writing like 15 songs, scraps six and sleeps three hours before starting another stream*"

That... doesn't help at all.
If I was going to spitball, I'm guessing the "DEV" implies developing... something? The underscore implies the title is like a filename, but the IS... fuck I can't wrap my head around that at all. We literally just got Advent, so it's not a girl gen, and if it was a new boys group they wouldn't make a new channel just to promote them, when they have the Holopro channel already.
:confusedshuba::confusedshuba::confusedshuba:

Last edited:

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom