"So, I'm able to send an AK-47 as a present to every Hololive member. This way, I think it would make things fair"Shishiro Botan superchatter

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Yeah I'm gonna call bullshit on a lot of this.

Holo is not just a "join to play some games and rake in the dough" now, it is for people who want to do projects and have a passion towards some kind of artistry. You're joining a corporation, no shit it is going to have limitations. Going in not expecting some level if frustration is setting yourself up for failure.

I also call bullshit on the whole "Vesper had the worst manager" thing. I very much doubt it was any worse than any other talent had. Dude had trouble with authority by his own admission. I honestly don't understand why he thought joining Stars was a good idea, in the first place.

Frankly, this whole thing has rubbed me the wrong way. I don't see Lando or Randon doing anything now that they couldn't do in Holo, except for IRL stuff in Lando's case. Personally sounds like Randon was never cut out for corpo life to begin with and Lando just burned out and gave up and figured it would be easier just to sit on Twitch and play video games.
i feel like they left because they didn't want to sing/make music, aka don't join an idol company if you're not going to sing or if you're not willing to perform on stage, i think they just didn't want any of the idol side and they could have joined a different group of people other than holo if they only wanted to stream.

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
So Lia posted this yesterday:

I'm almost certain its this:

If you listen closely, I am pretty sure you could hear a Puerto Rican-Japanese QTπ wearing Jirai Kei screaming that Elon should kill himself, but alas, I cannot confirm

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

I SWEAR THERE IS A COVER EMPLOYEE AMONG US

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
i feel like they left because they didn't want to sing/make music, aka don't join an idol company if you're not going to sing or if you're not willing to perform on stage, i think they just didn't want any of the idol side and they could have joined a different group of people other than holo if they only wanted to stream.
Yeah, and just to quell any claims of bias, I think this is why Sana quit, too. God bless her, I love the woman, but she clearly was not cut out for it and her joining was ultimately likely a bad move on her part. At least she actually has passion elsewhere.

Smart idea to include all of Tempus and not just HQ.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

Tempus Week. Awkward. :ameraintear:
Shinri's live reaction to learning about Tempus week was hilarious though. No rest after Rust week. :kaelalaugh:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Watching the Streamy awards (lol) and cringing at the rappers atm.

After an hour in has released there is at least another 2 hours and isn't prepared for it.

"Do these girls not believe in bras? I've seen so many nips"

1693188085901.png
What did this guy take before the show?

Last edited:

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Holo is not just a "join to play some games and rake in the dough" now, it is for people who want to do projects and have a passion towards some kind of artistry. You're joining a corporation, no shit it is going to have limitations. Going in not expecting some level of frustration is setting yourself up for failure.
It's not "don't expect frustration in the corporation" it's "is the frustration worth the benefits?" Because don't get it confused, this is a business at the end of the day no matter how much set dressing about passion and artistry and other buzz words are put on top. And for a male talent in Hololive, your prospects as an artist are sharply curtailed simply by your status as a male talent in the culture it has fostered. You can always create art elsewhere - Hololive doesn't have the monopoly on creativity.
I don't see Lando or Randon doing anything now that they couldn't do in Holo, except for IRL stuff in Lando's case.
Turn it around the other way: If they're not going to do anything as a Holo they couldn't do as indies - not allowed to in a lot of cases - why would they bother with Hololive? Why jump through those hoops?

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
Naah, cops don't shoot people because they talk funny. Cops shoot people because they're black. Or dogs. Or because the cop is female. Or because the cop's wife finally got fed up with the domestic abuse and left. But not because the person they shot talks funny.
Cops don't shoot people because they are black, they shoot them if they are black and act like a typical niggger. This has been pointed out by Chris Rock:

Edit: If it's late, I didn't see it post it, so suck me.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Yeah I'm gonna call bullshit on a lot of this.

Holo is not just a "join to play some games and rake in the dough" now, it is for people who want to do projects and have a passion towards some kind of artistry. You're joining a corporation, no shit it is going to have limitations. Going in not expecting some level of frustration is setting yourself up for failure.

I also call bullshit on the whole "Vesper had the worst manager" thing. I very much doubt it was any worse than any other talent had. Dude had trouble with authority by his own admission. I honestly don't understand why he thought joining Stars was a good idea, in the first place.

Frankly, this whole thing has rubbed me the wrong way. I don't see Lando or Randon doing anything now that they couldn't do in Holo, except for IRL stuff in Lando's case. Personally sounds like Randon was never cut out for corpo life to begin with and Lando just burned out and gave up and figured it would be easier just to sit on Twitch and play video games.
This, i literally don't see any of the other guys having to jump so many alleged hurdles, and one of them is Australian, which is already a big debuff.
The most succesful Male Indie Vtuber its fucking Sxhtou come on.
...who?

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
:pochiidontlikeit::pochiidontlikeit: Guess I never noticed it because I just use the short version:Vesper-UNHINGED:
Disregard then.
In exchange I offer some classical music bear

Good shit. The winter part of Vivaldi's Four Seasons was always my favorite. Was curious to see if she did the first part, and in her recent violin stream (haven't got to watch it yet), she attempted to play along, but it seems like she doesn't have it quite down at this time. Not too surprising. I don't play violin, so I don't know for sure, but I imagine it being a very hard song to play. Still fun to watch her play it. :

She later says it herself, but while she was playing, you could see her laughing hard while she was trying to keep up. I've said it many times before, and I'll continue to say it whenever I talk about her violin streams, but Uruka's violin streams are some of my favorite streams as a whole. I really enjoy vtubers playing instruments, and Uruka is still probably my favorite for those types of streams. Highly recommended if anyone hasn't checked them out yet.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
It's not "don't expect frustration in the corporation" it's "is the frustration worth the benefits?" Because don't get it confused, this is a business at the end of the day no matter how much set dressing about passion and artistry and other buzz words are put on top. And for a male talent in Hololive, your prospects as an artist are sharply curtailed simply by your status as a male talent in the culture it has fostered. You can always create art elsewhere - Hololive doesn't have the monopoly on creativity.
Clearly it is worth it if the even-less popular JP guys stay around. For Lando joining Stars made no sense to begin with, compared to the rest of the guys who were basically nobodies, aside from Bettel, and would have remained as nobodies had they not. Stars may not reach the same heights as Live, but they still do get their concerts and sponsorships, which is a hell of a lot more opportunities than remaining indie.

Seems like Lando was just bandwagoning on the vtuber fad like a lot of other western streamers did and then got bored of it. Randon was what, a 2 or 3 view? He had something to gain off of it, since he joined after quitting his corpo job, but was clearly not cut out for it.

Edit:
Turn it around the other way: If they're not going to do anything as a Holo they couldn't do as indies - not allowed to in a lot of cases - why would they bother with Hololive? Why jump through those hoops?
See the above. Because in the case of Stars minus Lando and Bettel, they get opportunities as Stars they will never get as indies, even if it is not at the level of the girls.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Why they ever bothered in the first place then? Like i said Stars JP where there for 3 years so you could see what its your fate as a part of Stars.
Hololive doesn't have the monopoly on creativity.
Always see this argument but its always funny to see that the only dude that does this its fucking KAORU FROM HOLOSTARS JP:TRINERO(speedrunning his graduation) as now muttu gaming
He does TTRPG with a lot of people,dozens of collabs,events organized by himself that he couldnt have done if he stayed due to perms and bullshit.
Even HoloCN Survivors do the same shit over and over again.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Cops don't shoot people because they are black, they shoot them if they are black and act like a typical niggger. This has been pointed out by Chris Rock:

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Wemy little cute brat ^_^

She's so cute when she's roasting the shit out of people!

NGL though that Dora one was pretty clean.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Comfy spoder monke stream

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Clearly it is worth it if the even-less popular JP guys stay around. For Lando joining Stars made no sense to begin with, compared to the rest of the guys who were basically nobodies, aside from Bettel, and would have remained as nobodies had they not. Stars may not reach the same heights as Live, but they still do get their concerts and sponsorships, which is a hell of a lot more opportunities than remaining indie.

Seems like Lando was just bandwagoning on the vtuber fad like a lot of other western streamers did and then got bored of it. Randon was what, a 2 or 3 view? He had something to gain off of it, since he joined after quitting his corpo job, but was clearly not cut out for it.

Edit:

See the above. Because in the case of Stars minus Lando and Bettel, they get opportunities as Stars they will never get as indies, even if it is not at the level of the girls.
Just pointing out that there's more to the situation than graduating talents being taken as necessarily at fault for some presumed flaw of theirs, practical or moral (in the case of "artistry" virtue signalling) rather than potentially in how Hololive supports it's male talents in this instance. Once you put yourself in their shoes the rationale becomes a lot more sympathetic because sure, a guy working minimum wage might look rich to a beggar, but that doesn't mean he's not got problems and wouldn't go where the grass looks greener given the chance or the right sequence of events. Even if it meant missing out on being able to dance on stage every once in a while.
Lando in particular is important here since he serves as hard proof of a talent who could and has done better, but failed to succeed at the same level in Hololive despite all their "support". Maybe Vesper was a bad fit for the company culture, but maybe the culture is kind of stupid and arbitrary at times also. We know even the girls have strained against it in the past.

Top Bottom