"Konyappi~ it's Hololive 4th gen's Takoyaki Tower-samaaa~"Tokoyami Towa

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random_Cultist

Nominal Lurker
Early Adopter
I can't believe FuwaMoco are holding people at gunpoint and forcing them to work for them for free.
Truly the cutest stickup of all time.

Sven

Just an FYI I did get universally banned from PC. I just think Shiina did some sort of ban reset and they forgot to reban me. I don't have another vtuber account and my superduper account isn't a brand account as far as I know because I've gotten member gifts in the Chinchilla and Kirsche chats. I'm still banned from Pippa's chat and Airi's chat. Haven't checked Wemi's chat because she's just been streaming too early for me lately.
Gen 2 did just switch over to brand accounts recently as apparently they weren't before, Pippa mentioned Gen 1 always was, and lost all the wrenches and shit they had so it possible fucked up their ban lists as well. You mention Airi still has you banned so it could also mean nothing but figured I'd mention it as a potential detail.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Especially since Japan is still autistic about monetary rewards for contests. It took decades for fighting game tournaments to be able to start giving cash rewards in Japan.
Why is this a thing? Do they see it as wrong because "Honor of victory is besto rewardo no money needed" or something? I seriously cannot comprehend oriental autism.
I can't believe FuwaMoco are holding people at gunpoint and forcing them to work for them for free.
You doooon't geeeet iiiiitttttttttttt! REEEEEEEEEEE! THE FILTHY DOGS SHOULD BE BOWING TO THE ARTISTS FOR EVEN INHABITING THE SAME SPACE!
Artfags deserve death by AI, I will never comission anything just to spite them, learn to code fággots.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Haven't seen this posted yet so for anyone looking for something to watch on the side for the entire weekend, Youtube Music Weekend just started and brings a lot of VTuber/Internet-adjacent artists this time. Currently premiering is Midnight Grand Orchestra's live performance clip

You can check the entire playlist here

edit: Forgot to add this one but Suisei will be premiering her Soiree MV today as well

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I dunno, right now, I feel Cover has moved on from the technology company model. Right now, and this is reflected in the CEO's own interviews, Cover is a merchandising company using 2D video game streamers as their IP, and providing them with 3D and music production opportunities. Even their future projects like HoloEarth are in service to selling merch or digital goods based on their IP. If you look at the business model, at no point in the future is it likely the tech itself is going to be the product.

In that sense, the unfortunate thing is that everything extra a talent tries to draw from Cover has to be in service to brand development. So sure, Cover is a massive music publisher. But at the same time, even talents quite successful in music don't really make enough from it to be self-perpetuating, and mostly benefit from personal brand development or audience expansion. Kiara for example, every single one of her originals has broken 1 million YT views and most are in the 3-4 mil range, yet she is on the record that her quite successful music about breaks even, and she does it because she wants to and to keep herself in the game.

So sure, someone could publish weekly or biweekly remixes and monthly originals... if they self-funded them, which few talents in the company can afford... or if Cover already saw them as a Suisei/Calli-tier artist and had a larger vested interest in pushing their careers. The only way to make it work would be someone who can self-produce music, which StarsEn doesn't have right now. Or you could also argue that Cover themselves should change the model to fund and push even more music, which I would be in favor.

I generally agree on the audience issue, that's part of why Tempus were initially received so well - the "group of bros" dynamic drew the existing male audience while still able to draw on women. But finding the right programming is the Achilles heel of most creators, and while corporate vtubing tends to dabble too far on the side of shallow content, there's also a risk that when people do branch out they instead niche themselves straight into a black hole. This is how you get people like Baelz spamming out twenty-two streams of Persona 5, or Finana playing nothing but Honkai, FF16, and the Somnium Files for three months straight. And sure, that's horrible for business development, but the creators aren't thinking that way, they're often perfectly happy where they are. Corporate games permissions make this even more difficult. For example, Lando recently jumped on Genshin, which is a great mixed-audience anime game that's currently popular... but not possible at all while under Cover.

That said it's true that there are huge, non-gaming sections of YT where there's no reason a corporate vtuber couldn't succeed. I think the best talent in the company right now in this regard is Shiori, who has done exactly three solo gaming streams total since her debut almost four weeks ago. Of course for StarsEn in particular, Vesper ended up torpedoing the D&D game by getting suspended, and the first form of the Tempus podcast also fell through (possibly for the same reason), so it's not like they weren't trying, it just didn't work out.

You're not wrong about network effects either, but of course those only develop if a group does enough together to be known together. I think the best example of outside-collab network effect in the entire company is Roberu, who is basically known now because of his outside-company collab partners. Is there anyone else in the entire company who does enough outside the company to have benefited from it? Maybe the Trash Taste collab as I still encounter people to this day who were introduced to vtubers through it.

Allllllll that to say, I think there's a lot of competing interests in talent preferences vs audience growth vs overall brand development that get in the way of taking full advantage of Cover's strengths and opportunities.
While Merch is their primary profit generating section, it's always terrible economics & business practice to think the profit center is ever actually disassociated from core business. (Many a MBA has destroyed companies because of this fairly basic principle, so this isn't a shot.) Cover's core is still their tech (or collection of tech, realistically, and the way it interacts with outside vendor tech), and the the idols drive that forward while also paying for more to be done with it.

McDonald's is well known to view itself as a Real Estate Company that makes that real estate the most valuable way it can: but making food people will pay to eat. Cover is a tech company that keeps Pekora trapped in a job, as to not crush the world under her thumb, and the best way to do that is to entertain people with their models controlled by their contracted employees.

My point on the music really requires a couple thousand more words, as it goes a lot deeper, but the "big picture" answer is the theoretical Holostar should have access to source files for a huge collection of Cover music & rights to use it. There's a lot of things that this Holostar can do that almost no one else could, which opens up a lot of abilities to use the YT algo's network effects to their advantage. My primary thought would require the Holostar to be able to do their own remix work, but it could be done with contract work. Aruran has bounced around the idea a bit with Friday night DJ sessions, but there's a lot more available.

Roberu definitely has had the best idea when it comes to pushing his network, and it's worked for him. Astel as well, in that regard. It's just a reality that, given the nature of the industry and Cover, a Holostar != Hololive member. You can't operate the same way, even if in the same company.

Why is this a thing? Do they see it as wrong because "Honor of victory is besto rewardo no money needed" or something? I seriously cannot comprehend oriental autism.

You doooon't geeeet iiiiitttttttttttt! REEEEEEEEEEE! THE FILTHY DOGS SHOULD BE BOWING TO THE ARTISTS FOR EVEN INHABITING THE SAME SPACE!
Artfags deserve death by AI, I will never comission anything just to spite them, learn to code fággots.

Gambling laws, I believe. FGC stuff didn't fall under "sporting events". I think that was the hold up. Didn't mean there still isn't weekend cash tournaments across Tokyo, but they don't advertise them. Much like there's plenty of Poker to be had in Japan, if you know who to ask.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
I'm not contrarian towards you, I just don't agree with you on a lot of things.
See, you just can't stop.:smugrys:
why did it take me nearly 3 hours to think of this
lienliensn - 1690415859569934336.gif
lienliensn - 1693165376325161287.gif
1692774751939757.jpg
And I'm not sure if this bit of Kronii and IRyS got posted already, but it's reminiscent of the "OP-ness" moment in their Smash Bros. collab:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
I can't believe wadamama called kronii autistic. gurakek1.png archive
kronism.jpg

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Piggy Porkuro mogged again
And by a fellow Tsunderia Sadgirl©️
Violence will continue to escalate! BAU BAU~ NIGGA!!
I'm starting to believe you have femboy tendencies by siding with that guy :Vesper-UNHINGED: You can argue fuwamoco are being cheap for asking for "free labor" but to me it looks more like doing something to get the community involved. Also fuckers sperg over it as if someone is fucking forcing them to put their hat in the ring. If you're an artist who scoff at the idea of not being paid for all you do is fine, no one is forcing you, move on but being a bitch publicly looks worse on you. This seems more for the people who want to get involved and don't mind burning time to maybe get a way into holo. Don't tell me that you wouldn't do free work if you had the chance to have the same spot as kanauru within holo.
They did this all the time as MAKIRA, it was one of their draws, they had fun sharing shit viewers made for them. God forbid viewers shower their idols with affection! :annoyedpippa:

Pyhf

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
The Hololive summer event right now, Summer Splash Party, has English subtitles for some parts:

Pretty cool and an indication they might have live TL in the future

edit: with one thread I wouldn't be late

Last edited:

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Holostars rust season 2 will be starting soon, bunch of people streaming from the get-go
EN

JP

Temma also posted the updated rules for this season few days ago

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
The Hololive summer event right now, Summer Splash Party, has English subtitles for some parts:

Pretty cool and an indication they might have live TL in the future

Bae is also doing a watchalong, effectively a live TL.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Posting in the new thread with Re:AcT contents.

Hanabasami Kyo releasing a new duet cover with Else at 8PM JST.

Shishigami Leona will be singing at 9.30PM JST.

Couldn't post this yesterday, here's her cover with Lisa Makoh, Sumeragi Rose, and Mizugame Mia.

Also here's an otherworldly cover from Kamitsubaki's Isekaijoucho, Spice and Wolf's OP.

Relatable story about Youtube's recommendation starring a laughing Hanabusa Lisa.

Another prime example of why I fucking despise artists nowadays, entitled fags who would charge you for drawing a stick figure on a napkin or whistling while inside your house. I hope AI eventually does replace these people because fucking hell I cannot stand this crap.

Pretty much the same as the industry standard, though they do ask for your highest rank in games and what games you play (obviously FPS autism check) and they ask for 2 videos instead of one, one introduction and one showcase of ability. Singing ability is not a priority.

VSPO sounds good for gamers and people who like that sort of thing but not much else, they have basically no notoriety in the west and mostly feed off of nip FPS addiction, the vtuber thing is a gimmick for the most part, they could be fleshtubers and nothing would change since the appeal is the gaming skill.
There are interest in the west (or maybe SEA) but some are due to pairings like OreApo. Gaming skills are priority but I remember Asumi Sena joined first before getting good (considering she was ex Re:AcT and one of the better VSpo singers).

This in a way goes hand in hand with "paying in exposure". No one is forcing anyone to do anything. If you like the idea and want to participate, join up. If you don't then don't.
Talking about paying in exposure, as long as you know and you can take advantage of it, should be fine. Looking at his bitching, his lot seemed to be with the Guardian publication types, the moralising people who didn't practice what they preach.
There was a time when the Guardian preached about artists not getting paid well but they wanted photographers to basically give them their pictures for free in exchange for exposure. They also made articles about the outrage that is wage theft but just before the coof an Australian journo tweeted that he finally got his back pay compensation from the Guardian after three years being short paid.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Don't tell me that you wouldn't do free work if you had the chance to have the same spot as kanauru within holo.

Under my own conditions and timeline? Sure, maybe. Under Hololive's? No. Cut a check. My landlord doesn't accept rent payment in "chances."

You think coders aren't susceptible to this sort of thing? They get for exposured all the time too, and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before people start trying to replace their jobs with cheap AI too.

Well, whatever. I guess no minds will be changed here. Maybe it's just a perspective of age.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
A new thread to livepost.

For newcomers, liveposting is a colloquial term for posts that are commentary for ongoing streams; usually short and reactionary in nature.

Including timestamped links in your post to whatever you're babbling about at the time is a highly appreciated gesture.

Any commentary regarding streams that are already over or haven't even begun yet should go in the General Thread, located here.

Also credit to @masterstocking for somehow semi-predicting the thread title. If I didn't add this now I could be accused of stealing the bit.

View attachment 41525

Clarifying Edit: Pippaposting stays in its own containment zone.
Kirsche is currently eating, or attempting to eat Kimchi at the moment. I have a feeling she's about to throw up.

Also never eaten curry before.

Choose one or merge or don't but don't put up a poll for it.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Do YOU think Phase Connect should go public? This guy certainly thinks so!

Archive

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Do YOU think Phase Connect should go public? This guy certainly thinks so!

Archive

His operation is too small so its a bad idea.

And even if he had the organization, it would still be a bad idea as right now the market situation would make it the worst timing for a company to go public.

Probably a Tencent plant

Compressed jpg

wtf is happening
His operation is too small so its a bad idea.

And even if he had the organization, it would still be a bad idea as right now the market situation would make it the worst timing for a company to go public.

Probably a Tencent plant
>Catalan
>shit idea
Catalan shit brainrot is real.

Limkin

Under my own conditions and timeline? Sure, maybe. Under Hololive's? No. Cut a check. My landlord doesn't accept rent payment in "chances."
You probably never heard of a word called "investment". Where you spend money (or in this case do free labor) because you think there is a solid chance it will result in even bigger payout in the future. And getting your work featured on a huge stream seems like a very solid idea. It's almost like we have definitive examples, that if you are good it will serve as a massive boost to your career. If anything your point of view is hugely twisted and not in the right direction. If a 1view goes to your dm asking for free assets you have nothing to gain out of it, don't do it and instead ask for money. If you see your favorite streamer is using dova syndrome bgm, or no emotes, or crappy thumbnails - prostrate before them and ask if you can do it for free, because a couple days of work will get a ton of eyes on you and maybe their friend will commission you next time or even more people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom