"Penis too big? There's no such thing, as long as you've got a will, you've got a way baby!"Kirschey

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Bug Eater

It's one thing if it was some kind of a competition or somewhere where the two were both in consideration and Mori pulls ahead by some reason and the seethe can at least be based on salty fans angry their oshi lost, but this was never the case.
I feel like some people need a reminder that Calli is a chart topping artist signed to a major label, with a portfolio of successful collabs with big IPs and influential people in the music industry, while Pomu is just a cute and autistic fairy.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I feel like some people need a reminder that Calli is a chart topping artist signed to a major label, with a portfolio of successful collabs with big IPs and influential people in the music industry, while Pomu is just a cute and autistic fairy.

Yeah, I smallbrained on the mention that on top of all this, Calli is a legitimately signed musical artist. On a business level it just makes sense.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
They need an English VA to cover Snake Eater. Thats my guess.
Personally, I'd enjoy a cover done by Pekora more. Not because I think it would be sang well, but because pekonglish and rolling as many Rs as possible, of course.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Unfortunately, this doesn't work with the NijiEN fanbase. Elira did this, she got massive blowback to the point she had to walk back on her statement. Pomu doing it would be a death sentence, not for her career but in terms of expecting anything to be done.
What did Elira do?

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Personally, I'd enjoy a cover done by Pekora more. Pekonglish and rolling as many Rs as possible, of course.
snake eaterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
It isnt more funny that Proctor banned Hideo Kojima and then this happened ? :BijouBijou:
Maybe the Asylum is owned by Konami now :medsmoremeds:

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
What did Elira do?
When she said she needed to set boundaries before one of her last breaks after a few loud idiots were bitching in Pomu's waiting room during the joke "Date" stream, and how she clearly needed to set/enforce boundaries because some people were far too comfortable thinking they were owed Elira's friendship and time. She walked back on the statement shortly after because of the blow back to it.
Personally, I'd enjoy a cover done by Pekora more. Not because I think it would be sang well, but because pekonglish and rolling as many Rs as possible, of course.
This

God's Strongest Dragoon

Thats a lot of words to say @Bay Lurker keeps winning.
It pretty much is, to be honest. I just moved on from it but I do like using Bay Lurker as the essential "this is the one who gonna trigger you nijifags" example for now. I mean, he's very consistent, I give you that.
I'm still absolutely baffled that this little nig is living rent free in nijifriend's minds without ever saying a word. They're still using the default profile picture too. The Miko react is truly a WMD.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Don't really care about Reddit karma stickers, it just gets kind of frustrating to watch talent who in most cases (excluding people like Hex or Uki) hasn't really done anything to deserve shit get screwed over by management on one end, and have shit thrown their way on the other end by tribalfags who wanna constantly remind everyone they're on the winning team.
At the end of the day, this whole Calli vs Pomu thing is some dumb shit the fans created out of thin air. Nothing to do with management or the talents themselves. Best to just not think too hard about it and just enjoy watching a bunch of idiots on Twitter shit their pants over a massive nothingburger.

Limkin

When she said she needed to set boundaries before one of her last breaks after a few loud idiots were bitching in Pomu's waiting room during the joke "Date" stream, and how she clearly needed to set/enforce boundaries because some people were far too comfortable thinking they were owed Elira's friendship and time. She walked back on the statement shortly after because of the blow back to it.
You know, this isn't the first time you bring it up, but do you have any actual examples of it or a timestamp of her saying she isn't going to commit to it? And saying it was "a few loud idiots" is quite an understatement

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
To one nijifag to another, too much disappointment is bad for health. Decent consolation from the anti-mori warriors or not, it would be wise to at least try finding something positive related to your oshii and not get distracted by what has happened in general. Yes, niji being shit, don't get buried with everything.

Imagine Sukoya chiding you for being too much downer.
Get a Hololive kami-oshi.

steve-brule-for-your-health.gif

I mean, it's hard not to feel bad for her at this point, both with this, and Kojima going nuts over Pekora. The management absolutely deserves the constant fuckups, but can't the talent have something good happen every once in a while? I also don't speak moonrune, so unless someone clipped and translated it, that probably wouldn't be capable of being much of a concern. TLDR: :crushsobs:
Honestly, I really don't see the big deal. Her entire Metal Gear Solid arc (If we're not including Revengeance) started only a year and a half ago. And while it's incredibly wholesome and awesome to watch. It hasn't even been going on for more than 2 years yet people on Twitter are making it out like Pomu's entire personality is based on Metal Gear Solid, which is absurd. I feel sorry for Pomu, not because of the Cover, but because of her moronic Twitter drama fags most likely making a non-issue for her, an actual issue because she has to tardwrangle them. Because companies really love people up in arms going "WHY DIDN'T YOU CHOOSE BLANK, THE THING YOU CHOSE SUCKS". That's a surefire way of getting an actual collaboration down the line if/when they do something to market to their EN fanbase. :gunpeko:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
I saw Punkalopi talk about this once and she basically said the exact same thing. She basically says she has two separate audiences - her shorts audience and her stream audience. And she's tried, but she has to approach them separately because trying to get one to convert to the other isn't really worth the effort in her opinion.
That's pretty much it. Before I got into vtubers, I didn't watch livestreams. Shorts weren't really a thing back then, but I watched videos that people, sometimes streamers, put out, but no livestreams. It's definitely two different audiences, though those that do watch livestreams are more likely to watch shorts and videos than vice-versa.

In that case it's even stupider to feel bad, cheated, angry, etc. over it not being Pomu because people just hyped themselves into a frenzy on nothing and the natural fallout of getting ahead of themselves is starting to spread. It's one thing if it was some kind of a competition or somewhere where the two were both in consideration and Mori pulls ahead by some reason and the seethe can at least be based on salty fans angry their oshi lost, but this was never the case. Pomu is my oshi in equal standing as Calli, and I don't feel cheated by any way in this, even though I'm part of the audience that knows how much something like this would mean to Pomu in the first place.

Unless something comes out that Pomu was in consideration for this and got passed over behind the scenes, then I might feel bad about all this.
Yeah, this whole thing is retarded. As far as I know, there has never been any indication that she was even in consideration for something like this from Pomu herself or anyone else. I don't have a dog in this race, as I don't pay much attention to Calli or Pomu, I have zero problems with Pomu, and I think she's nice, but some her fans are ridiculous with how they think she should get any sort of automatic special treatment from Konami or Kojima just because she's one of millions of fans of the MGS series.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Unfortunately, this doesn't work with the NijiEN fanbase. Elira did this, she got massive blowback to the point she had to walk back on her statement. Pomu doing it would be a death sentence, not for her career but in terms of expecting anything to be done.
Yeah, NijiEN fanbase is usually ruled by the critical mass of children and these dang SEA creatures; after they whip themselves up into some idiotic course of action, they are mostly in lockstep.

Awoogers

Yeah, NijiEN fanbase is usually ruled by the critical mass of children and these dang SEA creatures; after they whip themselves up into some idiotic course of action, they are mostly in lockstep.
the consequences of SEAnigs in the modern society

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
You know, this isn't the first time you bring it up, but do you have any actual examples of it or a timestamp of her saying she isn't going to commit to it? And saying it was "a few loud idiots" is quite an understatement

Normally I wouldn't link/watch this person's vids but I didn't feel like searching through her pokemon vods from Feb since unsurprisingly she left this particular episode out of her playlist. Basically what spurred it was the sexual SC she received and brought up the situation with Pomu along with it. If the time stamp didn't work its @4:13
It's definitely noticable beyond belief.

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
clearly she doesnt have the clout needed to be on his clickbait
giving DN the benefit of the doubt, while having not watched the video, I'd bet it's a commentary on their now-cemented identity as the TNA of vtubers, since including Geega does nothing for that thesis.

It can be looked at as a positive or a negative based on your perspective. I tend negative, even though I am glad fox mom has a new home to make autist content and mispronounce my name when she notices it in her chat (she always used to...she hasn't yet...).

It still casts a shadow on VShojo's talent recruitment and acquisition that so many of their gets have just been poaches from other agencies. If you're an up-and-coming choob and thought dreams of Holo and Niji were hopeless, well shit VShojo is even more hopeless because it's very nearly a requirement that you were in a major agency and left that before you can get in.

Awoogers

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

I posted this in the now dead Hideo Kojima Profile
Its too perfect but maybe its give you an idea on how would it sound:
What a thrirru
with darkness and sirence thrū the night
What a thrirru
i'm searching and i'rru merto intó you
nani a fearu in mai hearto
but you're so supreme!

[chorus]
i give mai rife, not foru honor, but foru you (snake eater)
in mai taim, there'rru be no one erse
crime, itsu the way i fry tū you (snake eater)
i'm stirru in a duream, snake eateru

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Get a Hololive kami-oshi.
Don't have a holo kami-oshi yet but I have been following a couple of hololive gals for a while aside of Nijis. Mostly because they collabed with Niji before (HoloID with Niji ex-IDs) or because of the matter of personal taste.

the consequences of SEAnigs in the modern society
It tends to happen, yes. Though don't get me wrong, there are good SEAfags out there, just drowned by the sea of terrible SEAfags that outnumber them.

Awoogers

looks like lia has a new target

and of course she picks the bloody(pun intended) darkin with a token twink as a side dish

Top Bottom