"It's like UK's storage room. It's like they rented out this big hall to store all these things they stole, and they don't know what to do with it, so they just place it bah bah bah, place all this stuff in your face!"Takanashi Kiara (after visiting the British History Museum)

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Airi is getting scammed out of overtime.
I had a similar experience working for a temp agency when I was a teen, and anonymously reported them for it when they tried to steal my last check.
she knows she's getting fucked over raw but whatever weird soul contract they have on her forces her to take it. One can only pray her contract expires soon, she said once it wasn't that long for it end but it could still be years sadly.

This assumes that VShojo has a bunch of those labor resources -- especially artists, theoretically developers, planners, potentially even music producers -- either in house on salary or on retainer in some fashion, wouldn't it?

I suppose some of that isn't out of the question but how is that sustainable, especially when Matara herself came in Day 1 saying fuck the rat race.
The way things are right now these corpos really need to invest to have riggers and illustrators on retainer because apparently everyone and their mother nowadays want a cool model and the waiting lists are probably half a year to even be heard by the artists. If vshojo managed to have network of decent artists on speedial they might have an edge on every other corpo and I'd be honestly impressed.
Just re-watched the first mention of this and the "pool of resources" was about chat mods and discord mods of all things, right before she started talk about the project.
Nevermind about the last part I wrote :Vesper-UNHINGED:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
If VShojo management were truly that amazing, why would 3 people have left simultaneously. This is gaslighting from the new members to make it seem like VShojo is the "best" option in the market
Because it was all about the contract being shit and not about the management. After the Kson acquisition, there seems to be a push towards actually being a or acting like an actual Vtuber company instead of some random group with a bunch of popular indies.

I've definitely noticed a shift in company culture since they started debuting their new talents, I'll agree with that. There's a small question mark hanging over their business model to be honest, we know they did only really exist for merch and did nothing else back when they were founded because various talents have said as much, but after Vei left citing business and contract differences (and Nyan assumed to have done the same) they might have changed their modus operandi. Why leave otherwise? Not like you can't be both a member of Vshojo & Mythic, Mouse is. There's no hard evidence I'm aware of so it's safer to assume contracts are still the same...but whatever's going on they're clearly taking the company in a more focused and active direction.
This might be part of the reason why the other 3 girls quit. To have management they were probably asking the girls to give a cut of their earnings (according to them it was 100-0 split for the talents and they only made money off merch). My guess is that they asked for a 10-25% cut and the talents that were already indie and owned their own IP decided not to part away with the money as it would not really benefit them.

Why take an economic hit when the money is going towards something that they probably dont care about. They don't care about managers or other shit. They are already established.

I don't know if it was before, but it's probably about to become a lot more common.

The big reason corpo vtubers had a polite unspoken agreement with clippers not to post clips of currently-running streams is because it fucks with ContentID/auto-copyright on YouTube. With Twitch that's not an issue.
On Twitch you can pull clips from the stream and download those and then upload to Youtube.

Airi is getting scammed out of overtime.
I had a similar experience working for a temp agency when I was a teen, and anonymously reported them for it when they tried to steal my last check.
This sounds ilegal. Honestly those workers should grow some balls and report the company.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Nasa cute! :sanasmile: Nasa draw! :sanasmile: Nasa LOVE! :sanasmile:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
This sounds ilegal. Honestly those workers should grow some balls and report the company.
that's how these companies operate by skirting the line of legality and gaslighting their workers into "nah don't bother reporting it it's totally legal Source:trust us bro"

I worked for a fishery for a time and they illegally paid people who asked (Koreans) for it in Fish granted it was a good deal because the price of the fish would of been more then the wages they would have earned so it was admittedly more "grey company" then malicious behavior.

I doubt Ahri's company has a leg to stand on but it's got me curious regardless.

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
that's how these companies operate by skirting the line of legality and gaslighting their workers into "nah don't bother reporting it it's totally legal Source:trust us bro"
Just a small correction on the mindset.

It's not that they're gaslighting employees that what they're doing is legal.

It's that both the employer and employee absolutely know this shit is illegal, but good luck getting anything actioned. If we get reported, it doesn't matter what happens to us because you lose your job regardless, and shortly after the whole world will know you're a whistleblower and no one on God's Earth will hire you because of that.

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
Boomer crooner playing No Man's Sky. Give this 1 view some love and a sub.

Also, Schizo Parrot is back with more /vt/ autismo.

And a Shiori video for those who loves them unhinged goth GF.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Even though Suika Game devs reverted the clips thing, funny to see HoloMems jump to alternative Holo-themed ones instead, still.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
For that guy that always wants girls with guns:
1697607298452.png
twitter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Thats one thing i dont understand in the vtuber industry. Their roles feels more like assistants. You dont see celebrities contacting everyone they will work with. They have managers that gets everything done including the schedule etc. Are managers in the vtuber industry simply underpaid so they get half the job done? Or simply incompetents?
A celebrity typically has a full-time personal assistant to help them manage their schedule. A vtuber has one manager they share with several other talents. It's nothing to do with laziness or incompetence, it's simply a matter of how much resources are available.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Short

God Damn the Sun
penchiIIa m.pngmuhyohyo m.pngChinchilla in 10 minutes!!!muhyohyo.pngpenchiIIa.png

chinchilla m.pngClip from the last stream!chinchilla.png

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
That is an ABSOLUTELY CURSED BEYOND BELIEF gun.
It's basically a SCAR with a tiny bit of an 'AK dust cover' look.
ACTUAL cursed guns are the type of thing you see in Modern Warfare, Cyberpunk, or The AK Guy's youtube channel.
1697608796286.png
1697609020574.png
Look at that second one, that is a 0-inch barrel, and there's not even any way for the round to get from the magazine into the 'barrel'. That is 'ABSOLUTELY CURSED BEYOND BELIEF', not a slightly wonky but still functional SCAR.
And now you've forced me to post another art to make this on topic.
F8pK_nObYAAIxIG.jpg
twitter

Kuri Rinji

Marlon Reis
I don't think I've seen a better crying animation on a VTuber. Good reference too.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
It's basically a SCAR with a tiny bit of an 'AK dust cover' look.
it looks like an attempt at a legally distinct/a variation of a G3 to me. :botanshrug:
back to vtubers mitra is playing the evil within 2.

UberSoldat

Enna has an impressively strange family even for a vtuber. She talks about her mom's mental illness, does she have a "physical" sickness as well?
Perhaps this clip from a year ago could help

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
@Harrow Prime he's watching another vtuber get his ass!!!
Yeah, but you could shove any woman playing survival horror in his face and he'd probably start simping for them.

God's Strongest Dragoon

While were on the topic of Roach Milk, I'm watching her right now, and i know this is the debut 2.0, but supposedly there will be Dorf Fort at some point, and i wonder, Is it standard Twitch practice to draw everything out for hours? It'll be November before Dorf Fort if she keeps going at this glacial pace
The Twitch meta is actually just stream for as long as possible. Despite everyone saying "oh, twitch has better discoverability!", it's VOD system and advertisement of VODs is literal bottom of the barrel. If you aren't streaming, people won't find you. The main way people find you on twitch is by looking for a game or tag (like vtuber) and they'll be provided the active streamers in that category, which you'll only show up on if you're streaming. If you're very lucky, you'll show up as a recommended streamer to someone already watching vtubers but again, that only works if you're currently streaming. The Twitch meta is entirely "stream for as long as possible".
I've definitely noticed a shift in company culture since they started debuting their new talents, I'll agree with that. There's a small question mark hanging over their business model to be honest, we know they did only really exist for merch and did nothing else back when they were founded because various talents have said as much, but after Vei left citing business and contract differences (and Nyan assumed to have done the same) they might have changed their modus operandi. Why leave otherwise? Not like you can't be both a member of Vshojo & Mythic, Mouse is. There's no hard evidence I'm aware of so it's safer to assume contracts are still the same...but whatever's going on they're clearly taking the company in a more focused and active direction.
I agree with Azehara said, which is that their plans probably changed to become more of an actual vtuber company and pillar in the community instead of "ineffectual umbrella corporation that big names buddy-up in". Doing that requires more money and I wouldn't be surprised if they changed their monetary distribution in the contracts. They were set for a 0% cut from everything but merch. The 3 that left probably didn't mind the old deal because they get to keep their bag and they don't expect themselves to manage merch at all at a serious level, so it was just extra money for them despite Vshojo taking a cut. Of those 3, did anyone actually expect them to do Idol shit? Veibae is the original twitchhoe->vtuber, Nyanners is trying to slide herself into becoming a fleshtuber, and Silvervale clearly doesn't give that much of a fuck about idol shit.
Just a small correction on the mindset.

It's not that they're gaslighting employees that what they're doing is legal.

It's that both the employer and employee absolutely know this shit is illegal, but good luck getting anything actioned. If we get reported, it doesn't matter what happens to us because you lose your job regardless, and shortly after the whole world will know you're a whistleblower and no one on God's Earth will hire you because of that.
The whole "gg you're now unemployed" shit is a really strong deterrent but you can still make anonymous notices to your state's department of labor.
I don't think I've seen a better crying animation on a VTuber. Good reference too.

It's nice but the transition animation from the crying face to the happy face is pretty scuffed, especially in the mouth.

angry sushi

Early Adopter
@Takodachi Thoughts on your oshi being used like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom