"I'm not immune to corruption"Pipkin Pippa

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Negzana

Hololive might be less lucrative but be in a far better place if it wasn't public. It didn't need to be public to do well 2021-22

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
her point was corpos are unsustainable because of the workload and their vtubers will all leave, and specifically pointing out hololive

Ignoring her opinion:
>Niji is kinda sustainable still, but at what cost?
"Human cost is not a real cost" - Azehara, probably. Very sustainable as long as you keep throwing human sacrifice at it.
VSPO already got bought out by Brave my man.
I think the SEA vtubing companies might be profitable since cost are lower on their end and high potential for money laundering, like NEOBAKA and AKA Virtual.

Brave is a big????????????? They might be able to fundraise and scam enough investors money to run for another 10 years in loss. Unless they invest into a dumb projects that cost billion dollars, like HoloEarth. Also depends on whether people who throws them money demand them back or not and whether the CEO is misappropriating them funds or not (Happens with a lot of tech CEO running into large sum of money in fundraising, like sam bankman fried)
MFW I almost, very slightly, agree with @MerelyTourist and whoever this woman is/was :calivomit:.

The question of long-term sustainability in v-tubing is.... a loaded question for sure. Pretty much EVERY company in the sphere with the exception of Hololive and maybe Phase is a massive money-sink/investment scam. Niji's sustainability is not going to last because the company's operational model actively avoids long-term financial planning to chase stock prices and short term benefit. At some point Riku and the circle of larger investors who own the majority of the company WILL sell it, and they're taking steps to maximize their return when doing so.

Brave, as you mentioned, is currently scamming investors to fund its acquisitions, many of which were investment schemes in their own right (IdolEN). That's only going to last so long; it could be one year or ten years. There is reason to suspect that V-shojo may be similarly dependent on investors.

If we get another ad-pocalypse adjacent move from Youtube/Twitch, v-tubing as a whole could suddenly become much less viable. If music companies decide to go even more batshit insane over copyright lawsuits, the entire v-singer market goes tits up. If the yen and JP stocks keeps crashing the way they have, JP online entertainment companies and startups are going to become much less financially feasible. And if I were to actually entertain whos-her-face's idea: it may well be that in such a talent-driven industry, hyper bloated companies will become less profitable overall than networked individuals. That doesn't mean all corpos are going to implode or anything, but I do think questioning the current shape of the industry is credible. V-tubing isn't in its infancy anymore, but it is still very unclear what it will look like moving forward, or if it will be able to last.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Hololive might be less lucrative but be in a far better place if it wasn't public. It didn't need to be public to do well 2021-22
Im reading a twitter thread and now i see your post. Did i miss something? Is hololive dying? Is it over?
The twitter thread:

Negzana

Im reading a twitter thread and now i see your post. Did i miss something? Is hololive dying? Is it over?
The twitter thread:

Nah, it's doing fine right now. I just think Hololive was better private and have said that a lot since it first became public. It's running on Yagoo caring for his talents and the momentum it already built up. I doubt they're ever going to have a NijiEN level scandal but I predict less streams in favor of sponsorships and concerts and that in of itself is a shame.

Also I'm just bitching because my Oshi is forced to not stream as much as she used to so that she can be neck-deep in 3D projects when she can barely sing and her 3D model is beyond fucked.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
The twitter thread:

Employee is shocked when startup pivots to being a business.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I'm not gonna click it, I'm not gonna link it. But there's no way this nigga's career and life fucking cratered and he climbs out of the septic tank to drop this.
1724003191529.png

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA

This fucking thing is still going. To 55 viewers.

I genuinely have no idea what they're trying to achieve here. If it were just for one day or even a weekend leading up to whatever the hell they're doing with Kizuna AI's corpse then I'd at least understand them building up hype with a countdown while also farming watch time from people lurking in chat to catch an algo buff.

This, though? It's like they've gone out of their way to strategise the most effective way to kill everyone's interest.

When the CCV drops down to one, Kizuna Ai will go live and reveal to the lone viewer a set of coordinates that leads to a tunnel with mountains full of Colombian marching powder, endless swarms of promiscuous women of dubious statuses and a lone canary that you need to keep alive throughout this whole ordeal.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
The twitter thread:

Well it's VERY far from dying, but they're probably on the crossroads. Multiple important people voiced discontents, so either Holo shut up shareholders and remove red tape or it'll start to turn into washout. More people might fuck off like Gura and start treating it as low-priority side hustle, if not leave.
Employee is shocked when startup pivots to being a business.
Problem is employer changing the deal. This will bite Yagoo in the ass.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
The twitter thread:

Taking /vt/ at face value is retarded, if they linked the videos it would be meatier
But all this is doing is being a retarded doomer over 2nd hand information being reported by a site notorious for spreading drama

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty
The twitter thread:

I don’t follow every holoclipper under the sun. Does anyone have the clip the Lamy image comes from? That is presuming it is real (which it probably isn’t but who knows).

Anyways I don’t think things are ‘over’ for Cover just yet. Things don’t look the best right now but unless we get a mass holo exodus or something I think things will be alright. At best this is just a rough patch thats gonna smooth over, at worst it actually is a sign of things to come. But hopefully this isn’t going to lead to say a mass holo exodus or something.

E:
I just realized I said the ‘mass holo exodus’ shit twice.
:vesperfacepalm:

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Kinda feel like schizo posting atm so here we go
So there was this girl, who managed to get a few 200k videos views by shit talking hololive and nijisanji

She called vtuber agencies model unsustainable, predict that there will be many more graduations and that male/female segregation are red flags that you should never support such companies.
Said that she had been studying japanese with hope of joining hololive, but then realized hololive is below her so "even if I get really big I will turn down hololive" and totally not an excuse to stop learning japanese/trying.
She also made a video titled "The vtuber industry needs to change" with "indie is the way" on the thumbnail with dokibird & randon on it.

A fucking 56-minute video. I'm not watching this shit.
And she tried teaching other vtubers how to overcome burns out

So what does this pro, really big indie streamer actually do, who completely figured out how to overcome burn out?
I checked her live page and she streamed a grand total of 42 streams in 3 years.
But wait, she actually streamed somewhat consistent between 2022 and 2023 but the idol trap happened
She did a donothon then fucked off for 8 months. Then did 2 streams 3 weeks ago about "combating AI as an artist", then went missing again :anyannoyed:

Indie is the way guys.

This girl was always a total moralizing weirdo, she's the female version of merelytourist.
The twitter thread:

Please share this clip of where lamy says this? The only ones freaking out atm are chumfucks who are mad because their oshi can't release her song for unknown reasons. (Assuming they aren't sisters seething and trying to seed chaos)

I see more and more people trying to fabricate outrage because of "the IPO" "Blackrock owning 0.5%" and "Le investors" with absolutely no proof that any of this is actually happening, keep in mind that Cover went public more than a year ago, why would that affect them now of all times? My belief is this is just typical Holo retardation and lackluster management, same as its been since the beginning. No company is perfect and people were too quick to glorify Holo in comparison to stinky Niji, forgetting how absolutely trash Holo can be at the worst times possible.

Last edited:

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
That being said they announced gen 3 in the works .... 14 months ago lmao

Did they all walk?

They never opened auditions in the first place AFAIK. That vid was made shortly after they opened auditions for Gen 2. They debuted Gen 2 in November of last year, so my guess is they put it off indefinitely while Haven was building up a following. Probably the one smart thing they did was not accelerating Gen 3 while Gen 2 still had new car smell. Thought it might be a sign that they were taking it slow and stabilizing, but I guess not.
Smaller corpos are solely relying on donothons to make money nowadays. Its just a shit business plan. I cant recall anything Eien has done that makes them stand out even a little. They had some amazing talents and they just stood here doing absolutely nothing to support them.
I mean, they did stand out, but in a negative way, with Kiki's gamer chair incident, and Riifu walking out to work on VAllure.

Being fair, those two incidents happening early on kneecapped them and killed a lot of interest within the small corpo space. Even outside of the usual places like /vt/, I saw some people referencing EIEN as the "gamer chair company" or "the company that hired that Scottish camgirl".

I had some hope that they would stabilize since at least they weren't outright imploding like VReverie, or unsustainably accelerating like V&U.

It's kind of a shame really since I like some of the Haven girls like Zumi and Amora (coincidentally another Brit).

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
I don’t follow every holoclipper under the sun. Does anyone have the clip the Lamy image comes from? That is presuming it is real (which it probably isn’t but who knows).

Anyways I don’t think things are ‘over’ for Cover just yet. Things don’t look the best right now but unless we get a mass holo exodus or something I think things will be alright. At best this is just a rough patch thats gonna smooth over, at worst it actually is a sign of things to come. But hopefully this isn’t going to lead to say a mass holo exodus or something.

Please share this clip of where lamy says this? The only ones freaking out atm are chumfucks who are mad because their oshi can't release her song for unknown reasons.
I tried looking for the clip and couldnt find anything. It was just a funny coincidence reading the twitter thread and seeing negzana's post. I mean the twitter post is a good bait though and seeing every single reply and quote doomposting about how over it is and the usual "half the company will graduate in a few months" is pretty funny to look at.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Went to check his thread, and turns out he's just buckbroken.
View attachment 76138
Jesus fucking Christ. The grift on this man. "Everyone hates me. I should pivot to pander to a different audience." What a fucking loser lol.

This girl was always a total moralizing weirdo, she's the female version of merelytourist.

Please share this clip of where lamy says this? The only ones freaking out atm are chumfucks who are mad because their oshi can't release her song for unknown reasons. (Assuming they aren't sisters seething and trying to seed chaos)
Chumpedos are just discovering management is a pain in the ass to deal with because Gura finally decided to be open with them for the first time in years even though everyone has been dealing with that shit for forever. How funny. Proving, once again, they are the worst fandom.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I tried looking for the clip and couldnt find anything. It was just a funny coincidence reading the twitter thread and seeing negzana's post. I mean the twitter post is a good bait though and seeing every single reply and quote doomposting about how over it is and the usual "half the company will graduate in a few months" is pretty funny to look at.
Thought so, I SERIOUSLY doubt lamy would say "the IPO" even if she was allowed to, she'd just go with some vague "oh things changed and im uncomfortable now, but i still love everyone in the company!". That shit sounds like /vt/ speak more than anything, also if it was real there'd be outrage and spamming bait all over twitter, reddit and even here.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Thought so, I SERIOUSLY doubt lamy would say "the IPO" even if she was allowed to. That shit sounds like /vt/ speak more than anything, also if it was real there'd be outrage and spamming bait all over twitter, reddit and even here.
I feel like they took the stream where she talked about Hololive changing since she joined, but highlighted shit like how passonate Yagoo was about the talents and would cry with them when shit was bad and added the retarded fanfiction about the company going public.

Smells like gayops to me.

Top Bottom