"Get some help"Kaela Kovalskia

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Not-Username

Ballpark_Look

USS IOWA

Kilia, The Kiara uber simp from EIEN, will be graduating

Fuck ninja'd.

Void Scribas

Kilia is graduating on 8th of September.

Archive

At least this looks like a drama-free graduation in comparison to what happened with Riifu Evergreen and Kiki Lockheart.

It does surprise me considering things looked fine for Kilia, seems more like she is going to focus on other projects, perhaps a change of agency? At least it doesn't look like the agency was the problem.

It reminds me of what happened with Abi Kadabura, who left to pursue other projects and in good terms with V4Mirai. Basically, the good type of graduation.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Kinda feel like schizo posting atm so here we go
So there was this girl, who managed to get a few 200k videos views by shit talking hololive and nijisanji

She called vtuber agencies model unsustainable, predict that there will be many more graduations and that male/female segregation are red flags that you should never support such companies.
Said that she had been studying japanese with hope of joining hololive, but then realized hololive is below her so "even if I get really big I will turn down hololive" and totally not an excuse to stop learning japanese/trying.
She also made a video titled "The vtuber industry needs to change" with "indie is the way" on the thumbnail with dokibird & randon on it.

A fucking 56-minute video. I'm not watching this shit.
And she tried teaching other vtubers how to overcome burns out

So what does this pro, really big indie streamer actually do, who completely figured out how to overcome burn out?
I checked her live page and she streamed a grand total of 42 streams in 3 years.
But wait, she actually streamed somewhat consistent between 2022 and 2023 but the idol trap happened
She did a donothon then fucked off for 8 months. Then did 2 streams 3 weeks ago about "combating AI as an artist", then went missing again :anyannoyed:

Indie is the way guys.

How many corpos are sustainable?
Holo is, but had to do IPO for investments.
Niji is kinda sustainable still, but at what cost?
Phase seems to be sustainable, at a moment
(VSPO maybe earning it's keep, but i'm not familiar with JP landscape)
Vshojo - questionable, not much is known beside their <50% cut which doesnt sound sustainable.
Literally everyone else is pure money sink. Lucky ones got to suck Brave's fund tit.
Default 50/50 revenue share means that for most talents it's only a side job, and corpo overall don't get enough cash flow to sustain itself without charitable investments, or it's a side gig/hobby for management too. Unless everyone involved live in SEA.

frz

Kilia, The Kiara uber simp from EIEN, will be graduating

Fuck ninja'd.

you were 35 minutes late... There's no ninja
So there goes the final EIEN girl I've actually heard of. They're not having much luck retaining talent, huh?
Tbf 3 graduation out of 9 isn't that bad.
That being said they announced gen 3 in the works .... 14 months ago lmao

Did they all walk?

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Super Meche playing Chrono Trigger

Twitch

Benio playing Elden Ring

Wemi is streaming. Using her mobile data

Bam will be playing Minecraft in 10 minutes

A cover came up in my youtube recommendations

Cute singing. In two days, the girl will be celebrating her two-year anniversary.

"If you want to be a successful Vtuber you gotta be a C.H.I.N.K.™️

Charming
Honest
Intelligent
Neutral
Kind

Being a CHINK will help you to easily interact with your audience and foster a positive and diverse relationship. Remember, CHINK equals success!"
2a4e78c08564c862c29e0e3b14501fe8.jpg

This was fantastic. Especially if they actually have Rie Takahashi and Aoi Yuuki voicing the mascots, that's amazing. I'm also shocked they were able to sing the Ojamajo Doremi opening, even as a parody, since that's a Toei show.

Full cover :sanasmile:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
At least this looks like a drama-free graduation in comparison to what happened with Riifu Evergreen and Kiki Lockheart.

It does surprise me considering things looked fine for Kilia, seems more like she is going to focus on other projects, perhaps a change of agency? At least it doesn't look like the agency was the problem.

It reminds me of what happened with Abi Kadabura, who left to pursue other projects and in good terms with V4Mirai. Basically, the good type of graduation.
Eh maybe drama free but Eien is a shit agency regardless. Just another one of those dead agency that probably used every last pennies on their funding and dont know how to get out of their hole. I give them another 6 months before closing shop. Anyone knows Kilia's PL?

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Some VTuber/artist uncovered a "company" that sold AI Art models to multiple Vtubers

This might actually end up being a far larger issue than the first brush of "oh, some vtubers got somewhat scammed". The first is that they're using generated AI as tracing bases, which while being what generated images are actually pretty good for, which does have some open IP issues associated with it. The second is the use to drive down the original creation costs could have a big issue for a viable market for creation. The classic "dumping" issues in Industrial products when a country radically overbuilds production and just simply needs to drop the capacity off somewhere.

frz

How many corpos are sustainable?
Holo is, but had to do IPO for investments.
Niji is kinda sustainable still, but at what cost?
Phase seems to be sustainable.
(VSPO maybe earning it's keep, but i'm not familiar with JP landscape)
Vshojo - questionable, not much is known beside their <50% cut which doesnt sound sustainable.
Literally everyone else is pure money sink. Lucky ones got to suck Brave's fund tit.
Default 50/50 revenue share means that for most talents it's only a side job, and corpo overall don't get enough cash flow to sustain itself without charitable investments, or it's a side gig/hobby for management too. Unless everyone involved live in SEA.
her point was corpos are unsustainable because of the workload and their vtubers will all leave, and specifically pointing out hololive

Ignoring her opinion:
>Niji is kinda sustainable still, but at what cost?
"Human cost is not a real cost" - Azehara, probably. Very sustainable as long as you keep throwing human sacrifice at it.
VSPO already got bought out by Brave my man.
I think the non-English kaigai vtubing companies might be profitable since cost are lower on their end and high potential for money laundering, like NEOBAKA and AKA Virtual.

Brave is a big????????????? They might be able to fundraise and scam enough investors money to run for another 10 years in loss until they found a golden goose.
Unless they invest into a dumb projects that cost billion dollars, like HoloEarth. Also depends on whether people who throws them money demand them back or not and whether the CEO is misappropriating them funds or not (Happens with a lot of tech CEO running into large sum of money in fundraising, like sam bankman fried)

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Kilia is graduating on 8th of September.

Archive

:pikameefuck: and it's one of the brits:pippasadl:

Now Skye is the only member of musea left feels bad man

o7 weird orcat thing I'll miss your singing hope to see you soon

Limkin

:pikameefuck: and it's one of the brits:pippasadl:

Now Skye is the only member of musea left feels bad man

o7 weird orcat thing I'll miss your singing hope to see you soon
Don't worry she will be back soon, she just went to buy some lube... I mean milk

Negzana

I didn't even realize Lockheart graduated. I just hope Eien outlives VAllure

JusticeDog

This might actually end up being a far larger issue than the first brush of "oh, some vtubers got somewhat scammed". The first is that they're using generated AI as tracing bases, which while being what generated images are actually pretty good for, which does have some open IP issues associated with it. The second is the use to drive down the original creation costs could have a big issue for a viable market for creation. The classic "dumping" issues in Industrial products when a country radically overbuilds production and just simply needs to drop the capacity off somewhere.
Just what we need, mass-produced vtuber models :gunpeko:

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Don't worry she will be back soon, she just went to buy some lube... I mean milk
I'm more worried on Skye tbh she's literally the only one remaining on her gen and she's genuinely fun

Horo7618

No one in particular
Bae wasn't graduating. Then Calli went and did this:

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Eh maybe drama free but Eien is a shit agency regardless. Just another one of those dead agency that probably used every last pennies on their funding and dont know how to get out of their hole. I give them another 6 months before closing shop. Anyone knows Kilia's PL?
Hmmm, i wonder what's gone wrong? It's almost as if vtubing is both high-risk and low-profit industry...
her point was corpos are unsustainable because of the workload and their vtubers will all leave, and specifically pointing out hololive
My point exactly. Corpos can be unsustainable because workload can be disproportionate to money earned. Holo tend to be full-time job, but they pay decent buck for your trouble. Some will leave. If they trim some fat (dumb bureaucracy) they will retain more people. Corpo's job is to work around talents, not vice versa. Generally, they only have to keep it around 40h/week job for streamers and it should be fine.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Hmmm, i wonder what's gone wrong? It's almost as if vtubing is both high-risk and low-profit industry...
Smaller corpos are solely relying on donothons to make money nowadays. Its just a shit business plan. I cant recall anything Eien has done that makes them stand out even a little. They had some amazing talents and they just stood here doing absolutely nothing to support them.

Top Bottom