"Gory hory shit! Ah no no nonono! Not like that, gorii... gorira, goriraaa GORIRA monkey shit!!! No not Kanata senpai is not shit, no no no!"Ichijou Ririka

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
There's a lot of former VTubers that become managers, but the thing about these VTubers is they never even broke 2 view status in the first case. How are you going to manage someone with little to no expierence in streaming?
Even if a manager has little experience with streaming, they might have experience in other stuff a talent might find useful, like event planning, coordinating ad campaigns, arranging manufacturing of items overseas, having contacts with sponsors, and so forth. Sometimes managers have to manage people that have skills or experience they don't have.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

randomtranny

my pronouns are re/tard/fag/got
But did she get truly affected by it or just turbo autism distorting her perception of the situation? Not stopping talking about it would make some people stem away, sure but Bat and other strongwilled girls didn't talk anything, and even shilled her during all that time.
At the time yeah. The VTuber community was incredibly small so you had a few "cliques" to join if you wanted to talk to anybody. Nowadays nobody would care. There was a lot of "secret" VTuber servers that people would talk about back then, and I know from expierence she was blacklisted. Particularlly there was one called "Sen Den" which at the time she defenitely got blacklisted from. Notably that server was the biggest, and cliquest server back in the day. Lots of big 4 view VTubers got their start in that discord.

Even if a manager has little experience with streaming, they might have experience in other stuff a talent might find useful, like event planning, coordinating ad campaigns, arranging manufacturing of items overseas, having contacts with sponsors, and so forth. Sometimes managers have to manage people that have experience they don't have.
That's fair, I moreso mean just random VTubers with no expierence that just go manager.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Not in this :architect:community
There is a difference between making someone like Bibi gain some pounds because Lord knows she needs it.
And making an already fat vtuber like kirsche or hexa become even fatter.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Suou Patra will decide whether to kick the front door of Shinra Company or infiltrate through the side entrance at 1PM JST. Funny the timing of her starting this playthrough coincides with the latest FF7R release (Koyori is playing right now).

In the playthrough she got Corneo to select Cloud as well.
One moment which made me laugh was early in the game when Wedge asked for the pay after bombing work and Barrett cut him off she commented "this is Black".

Ririsya singing at 2PM JST.

Say what you want about Miko, her palate is normal.

774inc's morning meeting with Shishio Chris involves google search results for pig dicks.

Watame will not be viewed positively by Uki.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Hexa is live and back from her vacation. Apparently there's a big announcement. Come show our menhera green woman some love. :sanasmile:

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Athy's Palette cover is taken down due to copyrighted design she doesn't have rights to "anymore" so it's probably her old model that belongs to AkioAir

Do we have backup? Also fuck jason, he keeps being obnoxious even in corpse form.
She absolutely must dispute this claim, just to annoy the fucktard.
Tobyn strikes me as someone who told one person that they might print out a giant cardboard cutout of an anime girl and were halfheartedly told "oh, that's nice" and he's been trying to chase that high ever since.
No, he's legit autist, that lucked out in life.
One of the reasons for going corpo are the connections said corpo may have with artists (be it sway or working directly). But if the comments from people like Matara are to be believed, outside of the original model artist, Niji doesn't even provide that.
Vshojo has connections with artists that bypass queue. NIji has jack shit.
I mean, IIRC Dizzy wasn't terrible at managing. Whether or not she should have been put in the position where she had to do management work is another story, but she did well with the hand she was dealt. We probably won't ever know the exact details of the Nijisanji management problems, but I have to wonder how much was the "official" management fucking up and livers having to cover for their bosses mistakes.
Dizzy learnt not to cross beams. She did management in Phase, then completely switched to streaming.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
We probably won't ever know the exact details of the Nijisanji management problems
Give it a year. With track record of rrats being confirmed, someone will come out saying elira was actually the manager all along

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Give it a year. With track record of rrats being confirmed, someone will come out saying elira was actually the manager all along
It'll be Elira herself traumadumping how much she did for the company and talents blahblahblah. :baeJam:

Bronze

Yume+ will debut talents next week and hopefully they will debut a mixer by then E: Its their 1st gen, Im just posting since the trailer has awful audio balance

Last edited:

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

YGO Link Monster

Knightmare Unicorn ATK 2200 LINK-3

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Is this the fucking @kestraline connection game.:annoyedpippa:
The entire industry is so fucking incestuous, I fear for the day the troons and twitter retards try to seriously take it over because it would be so easy to make a couple key connections and bring most of the indies and small corpos under your thumb.
Yume+ will debut talents next week and hopefully they will debut a mixer by then

Sorry but... who? I can't bring myself to care for these agencies that pop up and then implode a few months later.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

braindoko

And another one

A

We know globie is debuting 4 euro women soon so that covers some of the graduations lately, but there seems to be way more than four, there's also non europeans and many dropping hints of reincarnation.
What other company could they be joining?

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
CEASE YOUR NÍGGERING AND LISTEN TO THIS ABSOLUTE BANGER

God grant me strength or I will simp hard for this woman :iryswooo: For real though she's great, she's unhinged airi.
That's all. Carry on :kaelaapprob:

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Speaking of, Outlast finale? has started

Bronze

We know globie is debuting 4 euro women soon so that covers some of the graduations lately, but there seems to be way more than four, there's also non europeans and many dropping hints of reincarnation.
What other company could they be joining?
Idol EN 3 and VSPO EN haven't debuted yet. There's also V4mirai gen 3 if Brave plans to debut them in a few months. Some people think Holo's making a move.

There's also Nijisanji. And Vreverie
E: Pixellink gen 2 also haven't debuted.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

People are hating, but I think it's alright. It looks as retarded as I think he is.
Wrong skin tone.

On the subject of kayfabe fading away, I don't think that's true, and once again the pro wrestling comparison comes in to play to prove my point. Everyone on earth knows pro wrestling is staged at this point, that the plots aren't real and are based out of a writer's room, and possibly influenced by backroom politics. But no one cares. The kayfabe is fun. Without it, there is no VTubing, it's just streaming. Look at Pippa; regardless of how much she opens up about her real personal life, it will always be through the lens of being a rabbit girl living in Phase World. Her father isn't "Dad", he's "Papakin."

The past Life stuff is also similar to pro wrestlers in that when they go to another company, even if they use the same name and visual gimmick, all the lore they built up in their previous company is reset. Their fans still follow them, going with the kayfabe for the fun of it, but always keeping the real backstage element in mind. The past life taboo was mostly for the fun of immersion, and to protect privacy when "past life" meant a non-VTuber presence. But reincarnations are happening so often, and usually from one VTuber persona to another, that the PL taboo is fading away. Basically there's a big difference between finding out the real name and identity of a VTuber because they were a cosplay model or something before joining a VTuber corpo vs. finding out they were just this other character previously.

Also, look at who disregards their kayfabe the most; primarily the Twitch VTubers, most of whom are e-girls trying the Amouranth coomerbait grift with an anime model, or who are otherwise openly narcissistic and just VTubing to be popular, evidenced by how often they share their real world face, political views, etc. on social media. The people who truly give a shit at least put in the effort to sell to their audience that on-screen character is who they actually are, even if they're not going full fantasy RP with it.

tl;Dr kayfabe never dies, it just evolves with the times.
I think with this conversation we've ended up discussing the two extremes of full kayfabe vs. pseudo-fleshtuber, when in reality I think it's more of a spectrum that we've just shifted a bit further to one side on recently. I don't feel like kayfabe is fading entirely, but past-life discussion becoming more acceptable has definitely weakened it in a sense.

For me personally the difference between a respectable vtuber vs. one who's clearly using it as a platform to whore themselves out isn't whether they and their community play into kayfabe, but whether they stream/post to their accounts in character. It's a very, very subtle distinction but an important one; "kayfabe" by its original definition involves presenting the performance as though it's "real" which I don't think is a huge necessity (it doesn't bother me that the second wave of Phase Invaders were publicly credited and that no attempt is ever made to obscure them, for example), but integrating bits and pieces of character lore into on-screen conversations adds a unique vtuber flavour to it, which couldn't be replicated with a webcam instead of an animated model.

Going back to the wrestling again (I know almost nothing about wrestling outside of the stuff that crosses over with anime women so bear with me), when I first got into vtubers several years ago, the one smartarse making wink-wink comments about a vtuber's past life was on par with the "you guys know wrestling is fake, right?" guy, he was an arsehole ruining the fun for people who wanted to truly immerse themselves in the show. Nowadays every second comment is the smartarse making wink-wink comments about a vtuber's past life, and it seems barely anyone cares any more? People aren't as dead-set on watching the actual reaper Mori Calliope, they're just as entertained watching the reaper Mori Calliope as performed by Karen Calanni.

Top Bottom