"Horsepower is actually not a measurement of work (directly) but a slightly more convoluted measurement equivalent to how many war crimes a single horse can commit and how much energy one horse puts out while committing them."Umari Tomoe

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Slutpuppies

unity love, resident luxiem fangull

Don't remember if I saw this here but Fear and Fishman art kind of goes crazy

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
It's crazy because she's the one who wanted to get into Holo and just Calli to apply alongside her. Perhaps her goals changed, but if not I agree at how strange it is that she wasn't a shoo in for Council. Back when Irys appeared I had assumed that if there were another Vsinger, MIlky might make it but that whole project was dumpstered, so man I don't know.
Maybe kids happened, who knows?

Stunned But Dumb

Don't remember if I saw this here but Fear and Fishman art kind of goes crazy

I was about to ask "what would some of the phase girls moonscorched be like" but I'm pretty sure some of them are moonscorched and just kept streaming anyway

niggaphil

So jelly has the fetish of giving birth of herself version of child?

:

Edit: Fuck I am late, being busy of deliver democracy to the fucking bugs in Helldivers 2. I will rate myself super late

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I'm surprised MilkyQueen is still fucking around as an indie. Really thought she'd be joining Holo at some point due to having an "in" with Callie already. IIRC, she was sharing her channel with two other chuubas at some point as some sort of chuuba idol group but looks like she's rebranded the channel and she's the only one in it now.
Have we ever had a case of "good indie friends" of existing Hololive talents getting into Hololive? At most we have only seen small interactions (like Ollie appearing in not-Bae chat). Imagine if someone like Miori getting into Hololive, it would feel really weird for the fans.

VTuberThrow

Shiki is the biggest prize there and could make it to Holo with her skills, everyone else is small corpo tier though you never know.
I still wonder why she always pulls such low ccv even after getting a ton of subs. Is she just boring when not singing?

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Have we ever had a case of "good indie friends" of existing Hololive talents getting into Hololive? At most we have only seen small interactions (like Ollie appearing in not-Bae chat). Imagine if someone like Miori getting into Hololive, it would feel really weird for the fans.
iirc There was that minor scandal of Jurad spilling that Ollie gave him some details about the interview process that helped him get into Holostars. And there was the theory about Ina helping Sana get in.

On the JP side I've heard stories that the Gamers gen is just Fubuki(?)'s gaming friends, no clue if it's true.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I still can't believe that Kyo is white.
The biggest proof of white supremacy: It takes the whitest dude to play the darkest negro.
I just hope shiki lands in somewhere good because she deserves it

And she has the talent to reach greater heights as well so being in holo is not off the table
Agreed. Even from debut she had a very strong stream presence and seemed to have content creation chops, now she's got years of vtubing under her belt, can sing quite well and has other skills. If I was one of the Michelin-style recruiters Yagoo keeps under wraps I would be drooling with anticipation at nabbing this one. That is if she even wants to join Holo, with the bad name agencies have atm it's a hard sell, but her career has drastically stagnated so maybe she will take the leap to get a boost.
Sana.
I still wonder why she always pulls such low ccv even after getting a ton of subs. Is she just boring when not singing?
Prism(small corpo) debuff. Before/After the acquisition prism went a long time with little support, they kinda fell off and some of their talent have pathetically low sub counts and views compared to other small corpos from the same era (phase).
On the JP side I've heard stories that the Gamers gen is just Fubuki(?)'s gaming friends, no clue if it's true.
It's true, iirc Fubu got Mio in, then Mio got Okayu in, then Okayu got Korone in. Korone didn't even have to apply btw, she just went to Cover offices and took an interview. This is the best known (and only so far) case of nepotism in Holo, gamers was just Fubuki's friends.

Last edited:

Renmai

Early Adopter
Agreed. Even from debut she had a very strong stream presence and seemed to have content creation chops, now she's got years of vtubing under her belt, can sing quite well and has other skills. If I was one of the Michelin-style recruiters Yagoo keeps under wraps I would be drooling with anticipation at nabbing this one.
Sana and Beryl are the two small vtubers I found that I legit want Cover to poach due to their singing, and their voices are pretty different than anyone currently in EN. They can do stuff other than just the usual jpop and anisong stuff. I don't watch many indies so I am sure there are more.

Phase got Beryl which is acceptable, now Shiki.. of course I'm hoping for EN4 but we'll see if a small corpo snaps her up. Cover why you so god damn slow sometimes :cursedpeko:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Sana and Beryl are the two small vtubers I found that I legit want Cover to poach due to their singing, and their voices are pretty different than anyone currently in EN. They can do stuff other than just the usual jpop and anisong stuff. I don't watch many indies so I am sure there are more.

Phase got Beryl which is acceptable, now Shiki.. of course I'm hoping for EN4 but we'll see if a small corpo snaps her up. Cover why you so god damn slow sometimes :cursedpeko:
Holo doesn't poach (anymore, to my knowledge) so it's really up to them. They can't be "fast" or "slow".

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
lmao who wouldve seen that coming?
everyone. Basically everyone.

cmon you expected Sony of all things to support its corpo? they dont even care about their own IPs!

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Phase got Beryl which is acceptable, now Shiki.. of course I'm hoping for EN4 but we'll see if a small corpo snaps her up. Cover why you so god damn slow sometimes
Holo doesn't poach (anymore, to my knowledge) so it's really up to them.
They'd better start doing "Holo Invaders" soon or they might lose top position in the long run.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
iirc There was that minor scandal of Jurad spilling that Ollie gave him some details about the interview process that helped him get into Holostars. And there was the theory about Ina helping Sana get in.

I should be more specific. I meant good friends who constantly interact and even collab with the Hololive talents. I think Kamiya Juu only appeared as a guest in Ollie's birthday once, and I don't think Namie ever interacted with Ina account. Hence I used the example of Miori, who constantly interacts and collabs with Bae.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
They'd better start doing "Holo Invaders" soon or they might lose top position in the long run.
Meh, it would be good to loose top position, then the normies and dramafags would go elsewhere to bother someone else, and the hipsters will stop bitching about "evilz corpo bad".
Ultra based Holo only for true fans while mainstream vtubing burns to the ground with gay twitch streamer culture? Sign me up dude!

Last edited:

Renmai

Early Adopter
I should be more specific. I meant good friends who constantly interact and even collab with the Hololive talents. I think Kamiya Juu only appeared as a guest in Ollie's birthday once, and I don't think Namie ever interacted with Ina account. Hence I used the example of Miori, who constantly interacts and collabs with Bae.
Kiara and Caitlin Myers, she is literally KFP. I think I remember Kiara hinting that she was very excited for one of the then unknown EN4 girls, and that is when everyone knew she was almost certain to be one of the new holomems.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I feel like the fact so many corpo acquisitions are already reasonably well-known talents these days is only going to erode away the past-life "rules" more and more over time. It just feels like a formality rather than something people actually care about since there's so little new blood in the scene; it's easy enough to play along with the kayfabe when you'd have to go out of your way to look up their roommate information elsewhere, there's an extra degree of separation involved, but we're at the point where fans are being asked to pretend this voice they've spent the last year or more listening to is actually a new person they're meeting for the first time.

I can't speak for Hololive but Phase picking up the ex-Tsunderia talents and giving Kana/Purin new identities is a similar situation to what you're describing, since the two corpos had a lot of audience crossover for a long time. Nobody's convincing themselves that my original character Purple Purin (do not steal) is anything other than Brown Purin with a legally distinct model, and I don't think anyone in management particularly cares either since they're obviously benefitting from Purin's pre-existing audience. The "magic" that comes from a new incarnation of a vtuber has worn off, which in itself isn't a problem since people are there for the entertainer themselves, but I think we're getting closer to the dam breaking and nobody caring for this part of vtuber kayfabe at all.

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
image.png
image.png

I think we can learn something from Phase Connect's expansion timeline:

June 2021 - Phase Gen 1 launches
April 2022 - Lumi and Yuri join (9 months since Gen 1)
July 2022 - Phase Gen 2 (3 months since Invaders, over a year since Gen 1)
April 2023 - Yuri leaves (and is never mentioned again)
May 2023 - Jelly, Dizzy, Ember join (10 months since Gen 2)
Dec 2023 - Phase Gen 3 (7 months since Invaders)
Jan 2024 - Phase JP Gen 1

All these other companies seem to be in a rush to build themselves up to be the next Phase Connect without making sure they've got their fundamentals sorted - talents who are happy, supported, have solid viewerbases, and are earning enough money to support a business expansion. FIshman waited over a year before launching the second-gen, and is arranging all sorts of activities to build the Phase Connect community and brand before that, not to mention working behind the scenes to make sure the business functions properly. It seems like these other small corpos are just hitting the gas on expanding with new gens and hoping that brand recognition and loyalty will come later and fix their money problems, and it never does.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Helldivers 2 perms are "hard no, sorry about that guys"
(What's Sony's deal??)
I suspect Helldivers might be on Cover Source:I believe it.

Satire goes over horrible even with native language speakers do you really want a bunch of ESL's raiding your talents over the goverment of super fascism
Company is irrelevant. She's vtuber. 95% she's half-asian. And as female vtuber, 50% she's exactly 4'10" high
Tard me if im wrong but wasin't she the resident tallbitch at some point just below Ponwolf?
I should hate this. For some reason i do not, i think vtubers have finally broken me.
Get Tax'd it's non deductable.
The Q&A still shows that some of these niggas that ask these questions dont know a shit about Hololive
Also:

:whatastory:
Edit: Its going to be 2 years without a HoloID4 IDK what its their concept of accelerate
Growth is more then just more talents. It's Staff/Managers Engineers and Computards dealing with everything unrelated to the talents directly Merch Shipments 3D models Work on Holo Earth and other tie in stuff (i keep hearing rumors of more manga?) arranging promotional events and weird shit like being the guy in charge of the TVscreen for live meet ups.

Tako cable management

Jewels in the trunk? What is this, a Tarantino flick?

'Hide The Pain Towl'

View attachment 64905

Her first band was called 'The Santa Conspiracy'

Why does the owl get all the good nicknames? Towl Emoom Ect.

Roblox used to (and still does) have a pedophile problem one of the things they did is ban "children" from more adult themed areas like clubs No surprise they do it in the most lazy way.
Isn't this payment structure basically affiliate marketing but with views instead of purchases? I don't see why people are so pissed about this
because if you don't think about it i can lie to you and make it worse then it sounds why would you think for yourself sounds like something a sheep would do.

Seriously, it seems like a company is exploding every other week.

pure speculation: but alot of the smaller corpos were start ups made to coast on the popularity of vtubing now that most of the excess viewership is gone cracks started to show and the recent collaspe of mostly stable groups is because they were structured around numbers that are not there anymore. I think VOMS is the only group that lasted from near the start till today (phase and idol started closer to the end) now that Prism is gone.
This doesn't really seem like drama to milk, just a business not working out. And they're getting to keep the models and their brand identity, it's about all I could ask a for small corpo to handle this.
Yeah this i suspect it was the choice between hanging on and dying even more slowly trying to revitalize with a risky new wave (never happen) or just letting go.
She's good

WHAT?!

oh boy do i love TERRIBLE kerning.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Oh jesus fuck, I wasn't gonna watch that but this comment peeked my interest, holy shit this is horrendous, I have never seen someone have so many fag mannerisms in 5 seconds + crazy eyes. Fuck you for making me watch it.
Feels like we had this reaction back when he debutted and people found his PL. Dude seems pretty gay (based on mannerisms and the way he speaks) and I believe he had a shit-ton of medical problems (had some brain surgeries and whatnot) and he has been mostly poor and living in an all-black neighborhood. Despite his name and looks I believe his parents are latino.

I wonder who's gonna get Luto. She has talent an a redubut is probably what she needs to actual start gaining some traction.
I like Luto but she seems to have stagnated hard. Haven't really heard much of her in the last year or so either. Is she even streaming?

And it's going to get even worse, because I'm sleeping now.
Oh no. One of the girls will commit sudoku.

Because those subs are dead. Similar to how some Niji members have over 300,000 subs but cant hit 1k CCV. A good chunk of people sub but never really support the talent past that initial hype. Hell I have done this in the past. I have subbed to all kinds of channels (corpo and indie, big and small) and I just dont watch them.

I think we can learn something from Phase Connect's expansion timeline:

June 2021 - Phase Gen 1 launches
April 2022 - Lumi and Yuri join (9 months since Gen 1)
July 2022 - Phase Gen 2 (3 months since Invaders, over a year since Gen 1)
April 2023 - Yuri leaves (and is never mentioned again)
May 2023 - Jelly, Dizzy, Ember join (10 months since Gen 2)
Dec 2023 - Phase Gen 3 (7 months since Invaders)
Jan 2024 - Phase JP Gen 1

All these other companies seem to be in a rush to build themselves up to be the next Phase Connect without making sure they've got their fundamentals sorted - talents who are happy, supported, have solid viewerbases, and are earning enough money to support a business expansion. FIshman waited over a year before launching the second-gen, and is arranging all sorts of activities to build the Phase Connect community and brand before that, not to mention working behind the scenes to make sure the business functions properly. It seems like these other small corpos are just hitting the gas on expanding with new gens and hoping that brand recognition and loyalty will come later and fix their money problems, and it never does.
Phase has ran into some problems even while trying to give each gen time to gather an audience. Meanwhile you get corpos with people debutting every 3 months and the previous wave is not even at 10k subs.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Top Bottom