"IT'S NOT A BURP!"IRyS

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
May not be a big deal for many of you but this is actually her first solo cover that isn't part of a sponsor.
Huh, so it is. You mentioning that also made me realize how little covers she has done on her channel, too, even though she has a few with other girls. Probably made that failed cover release from last year sting even more.

Edit: Oops.
I can feel the burnout but I hope gura finds some way to manage it better.
I don't think she'll graduate (dollar dollar bills nyagga) but the cover sucess model can't be "move to japan or else".
Cover needs to invest in an NA studio. It doesn't have to be as large as the Japan one, but enough that the girls could easily congregate to it to do 3D shit. Or they need to give Ame a budget to go crazy with it. Moving to Japan just is not feasible for most of the girls.

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
They mostly dwell on Twitch, the sense of humour is what you'd expect. This one I saw on /vt/ a while ago.

Context is that she's singing the Polish version of Lord, You Have come to the Lakeshore, beloved by John Paul II while calling the musician painting Dandelion.

The clips do check out although, to be fair, I wouldn't really judge a whole community by one degen. That said, the John Paul II memes are pretty common on the Polish internet. Some of it comes from a younger generation disgruntled that boomers keep shoving him down their throats and borderline using him as The Big Brother equivalent, the rest of it comes from unfunny edgelords who don't know how to let go of an old joke.

VTuberBobDole

Yeah, a lot of the gura posting has been feeling like shit-stirring and drama-baiting more than anything else.

My feel for the situation is that travel to Japan and dealing with projects there takes a lot out of her, so since she went there for the end-of-summer concert we had a gap around that; hopefully we'll be back to more frequent streaming through the fall until we start getting closer to HoloFes.

Yes, hopefully after the anniversary streams they can settle down some and she can stream semi-regularly. Not expecting every day, but couple times a week would be nice. I think she needs to reconnect with her fans/audience pretty badly right now.

Lay off the copium supply, there's nobody left to make it anymore.

No! Copium is all I have right now, I won't give it up!

Gura's new outfit is cute. Seifuku as many including myself predicted. She didn't try to shill any merch for her stream back in a month, which I think was probably for the best. (Also they'll probably have anniversary merch in a couple days to shill, I'd imagine.)

How the fuck do you fuck up bloodwork like that?

Nurses that are no good at hitting veins, it happens

When I was a poorfag college student I used to go in occasionally to donate plasma and get some fun money. One time I got possibly the worst nurse or maybe the person wasn't even a nurse (not sure what they hire at those kinds of places and what the requirements are) and they did this to me. My entire forearm turned into a huge bruise and hurt like one. Took 2-3 weeks to clear up and was sore most of that time. Even though they didn't get anything out of me for plasma, they paid me I think so I wouldn't raise hell. But I stopped doing that after that experience, wasn't worth the little bit they paid...

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

Huh... can any hoshiyomis confirm if she has talked about traveling?

Edit: Miko, too?

Their watchalong for ReGLOSS was Saturday night JST and these tweets were Monday morning so they probably spent Sunday traveling. Miko saying good morning at this time also indicates that they might still be somewhere in Asia. Maybe they went to Indonesia? I know that ID live is happening later this year so it could have something to do with that. MiComet guest performance or something?

I also recall Suisei talking about how bad she is with planes and how she doesn't think she could travel overseas. I wonder what changed.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
The clips do check out although, to be fair, I wouldn't really judge a whole community by one degen. That said, the John Paul II memes are pretty common on the Polish internet. Some of it comes from a younger generation disgruntled that boomers keep shoving him down their throats and borderline using him as The Big Brother equivalent, the rest of it comes from unfunny edgelords who don't know how to let go of an old joke.
Oh yeah i forgot JP II was Polish
Their watchalong for ReGLOSS was Saturday night JST and these tweets were Monday morning so they probably spent Sunday traveling. Miko saying good morning at this time also indicates that they might still be somewhere in Asia. Maybe they went to Indonesia? I know that ID live is happening later this year so it could have something to do with that. MiComet guest performance or something?

I also recall Suisei talking about how bad she is with planes and how she doesn't think she could travel overseas. I wonder what changed.
Miko holding her hand :suiseipyscho::nehgah:
Edit: Normal human being without mental problems playing the Ayame Game

Horo7618

No one in particular
Huh... can any hoshiyomis confirm if she has talked about traveling?
Edit: Miko, too?
Death by lava and axe is coming for someone who annoyed Cover Corp....

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
Bat is going through the final day of the PS2 Marathon:

"[...] The same person even tried to get Geega into trouble".

What did you do @Takodachi ? :tomorrow:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
I've been having trouble with this boss myself. Do you think I would be better looking to Shiina for some pro tips, or maybe Wemi?
Unironically Airi. I think heavy builds and weapons like she likes are better. But Shiina did beat him in 1/2 the deaths with a more balanced normal AC. Remi isn't that far yet.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
Gura's new outfit is cute. Seifuku as many including myself predicted. She didn't try to shill any merch for her stream back in a month, which I think was probably for the best. (Also they'll probably have anniversary merch in a couple days to shill, I'd imagine.)

Dude, wtf... it looks like shit.
Even that guy Dudul made better designs with his predictions.
1694397525267.png

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon

Jelly streaming at a reasonable time where I can actually watch her.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
No! Copium is all I have right now, I won't give it up!

It looks kinda wierd and wrong, reminds me of how wierd Kronii's shorts look ngl, kinda plain

Anime Fan

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Huh, so it is. You mentioning that also made me realize how little covers she has done on her channel, too, even though she has a few with other girls. Probably made that failed cover release from last year sting even more.
There was also the Queen cover she got very close to doing, then she mentioned the "trackmaker" (it's a cover, why would she even need a "trackmaker", whatever that is) was asking for a very high cost. She never talked bout it again, so probably gave up on that. I'm still puzzled why she gave up on it so fast though, even if management bad and doesn't want to help her, she really can't find anyone to help mixing her cover? Heck she has at least 2 genmates with loads of connection, could have just ask them for recommendations.

As for her new outfit, I'm fine with the sweater-variant and the "everything-off" (sorry I can't think of a better word for it) variant, but the one with the yellow vest seems weird, it looks really low-poly to me.

Last edited:

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter

Mumei is gonna be doing a stream drawing Advent.
She's also gonna have Open VC - Shiori, Nerissa, and Bijou are confirmed to be joining.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
There was also the Queen cover she got very close to doing, then she mentioned the "trackmaker" (it's a cover, why would she even need a "trackmaker", whatever that is) was asking for a very high cost. She never talked bout it again, so probably gave up on that. I'm still puzzled why she gave up on it so fast though, even if management bad and doesn't want to help her, she really can't find anyone to help mixing her cover? Heck she has at least 2 genmates with loads of connection, could have just ask them for recommendations.
She wanted to make a new arrangement of the song which would require a new instrumental (think like Reine's King cover), rather than just reusing the official one. It makes sense to seek out an original instrumental if that's an option since monetising a cover using someone else's instrumental on Spotify etc. isn't really possible without a bunch of extra legal clearing (which Hololive tends not to bother with, going by the other talents' covers not being on streaming services other than YouTube), but I'm guessing she either had that one specific artist in mind to create the track or she just lost interest, probably the latter.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
She wanted to make a new arrangement of the song which would require a new instrumental (think like Reine's King cover), rather than just reusing the official one. It makes sense to seek out an original instrumental if that's an option since monetising a cover using someone else's instrumental on Spotify etc. isn't really possible without a bunch of extra legal clearing (which Hololive tends not to bother with, going by the other talents' covers not being on streaming services other than YouTube), but I'm guessing she either had that one specific artist in mind to create the track or she just lost interest, probably the latter.
Guess I missed the part about her wanting to do an instrumental remix.

On an unrelated note, quality merch release by Nijisanji. Check the replies btw.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Last edited:

Saturnus

haha it's unou

On an unrelated note, quality merch release by Nijisanji. Check the replies btw.

My "I'm Pomu" Shirt (which was made by Pomu) they sold back like, near the first anniversary was higher quality than this shit. Man. Just bring those shirts back.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Couldnt they just released these as wall tapestries or posters?, a T-shirt just seems like a way to upsell that genero art (36 bucks per shirt)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom