"~I'm grave robbin' boys~"Kaminari Clara

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Kalion

:)
My only interaction with Geega is laughing at vshoujo for their webdev fuck up.
That's it.
I'm pretty sure she's mentioned the "tried to get Geega in trouble" thing before but refused to go into detail about it. I think she might be combining you with someone else.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
There is no way I'm still living rent-free on this woman's head when I havent interacted with her in 2 months.

You will live rent-free in this woman's head for the rest of her life. I still recall how, a year or two ago, I got a random Discord call from a woman who had specifically tracked me down after realizing I had returned to a certain gaming community after a ten-year absence to shriek at me hysterically for trolling her server, which I'd done five years prior to THAT. 15 whole years and she still remembered exactly what I'd done, even though I needed to consult multiple friends who were in the same group to even remember the name of the server she ran or who she was.

Rest of her life.

Rent free.

Guaranteed.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
You will live rent-free in this woman's head for the rest of her life. I still recall how, a year or two ago, I got a random Discord call from a woman who had specifically tracked me down after realizing I had returned to a certain gaming community after a ten-year absence to shriek at me hysterically for trolling her server, which I'd done five years prior to THAT. 15 whole years and she still remembered exactly what I'd done, even though I needed to consult multiple friends who were in the same group to even remember the name of the server she ran or who she was.

Rest of her life.

Rent free.

Guaranteed.
That there's a keeper for sure.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
Welp I've never seen a goombus discussion like this in a while so I'm happy for you all or sorry that it happened or something
I thought something major happened, but it was just some leaked essence of /vt/ infecting people. Easy decision to quickly skim over that particular conversation lemao.

I knew people had gone off the deep end in the 'two minutes hate' when insinuating she was trying to get rid of her fanbase when she herself plays into it.
In fact here's a 4 minute clip collage of her purging the weak:

Obviously not to say that chumbuds, especially some /vt/buds, can't take it to extremes, but every fanbase has those exact same people and there's nothing special about anything they do vs other degens.

Dude, wtf... it looks like shit.
Even that guy Dudul made better designs with his predictions.
I felt like the point is that it's just some regular school outfit. Sometimes it's nice just to have some normal stuff that doesn't stick out. She's got plenty of other interesting outfits. I'm all for this cutesy number. The hair and accessories for it are just adorable to the max.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

soap suds

Couldnt they just released these as wall tapestries or posters?, a T-shirt just seems like a way to upsell that genero art (36 bucks per shirt)
These are part of a merch line that's low quality, so I'm not surprised it's just a simple ass t-shirt. It's kind of funny that these were announced at the same time as the Tempus mascot plushies though. I will say that before this merch drop, Niji was doing good merch-wise. For example, the solid perfumes and fandom keychains were cute for the 2nd anniversary and the Summer Holiday drop was good. Personally, I think it's fucking hilarious how shitty the shirts are, but I can understand why some fans are ass mad about it. These Unit merch drops are hardly ever good and I'm surprised they even picked up the series again, but they did and people hate it, rightfully so, but I just don't understand why people are writing whole ass Twitter threads about the "drop in quality" when this is one shitty merch in a sea of good ones. I mean, I thought the mascot pillows for the Road Trip merch were nice, not to mention that Ethyria 1 year is coming up, which means better quality merch. I don't know, maybe I'm the odd one out.
Anyway, the heroes dropped their half-anniversary merch, which I bring up because the new guys are in there. The funny thing about this though is that they are getting puppets before Xsoleil is, and also there are these paper masks being sold and they look funny as fuck.
ezgif-5-171ec8758f.jpeg

Pomu's new schedule is here, and she's playing Return of the Obra Dinn, which should be fun! I'm also glad she's having fun playing Outer Wilds, even if she does scream a bit.

Last edited:

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
Please forgive my numberfagging because it is the only proper way to address this. As much as I enjoy trolling eurofags (trust me, I've spent a lot of time in online games trolling you guys), the blatant truth is that EU has not shown to be super profitable compared to other regions. I know it sounds crazy to say this given the EU's population and the wealth of their countries but they don't really put up substantial numbers as a region. The Advent monetization streams showed that the EU just didn't really show up despite being a continent of 1st world nations and a massive population. The cope at the time was "well, it was at 4am for us! Of course we didn't show up!". Amerifags convinced Cover to open a branch because they would show up for JP streams and keep in mind, JP hours to Amerifags is pretty much NA hours to Eurofags. Even the followup stream to Fuwamoco's monetization stream was their morning show and that was a solid fit for the EU but there still wasn't a large presence. Even the JPfags showed up for Fuwamoco's monetization stream while it was the middle of their work day.

The whole reasoning for dedicating a branch to a region is the understanding that if the fans are dedicated enough to show up during off-hours, talents in that region will pop off since there's obviously a big market there. Unfortunately EU just doesn't do this and it's not like talents streaming in hours dedicated to the EU really pop off.
As Zizara below points out, the occasional EU stream 3 years into failing to build up an audience there really isnt a good place to start comparing stuff.
The assumtion that western european audience is less profitable is not proven at all and arguably disproven considering that there are plenty of EU streamers on twitch that make bank.
I'd argue they haven't really put the work in to make Europe a more profitable market. You can't spend years running on NA times which are inconvenient to the EU market and then just drop a couple streams in that timezone and expect the same NA profits from what is in reality a mostly untapped market. You haven't built the core audience to enable that, what EU fans exist are already staying up to watch and engage during NA hours so it doesn't seem like there's a difference.
Hololive does seem to understand this in other cases in their attempts to create regional branches such as China and Indonesia, but seem content to just roll EU into NA under the "EN" branch despite that being an overly broad category.
They have enough native content creators and websites that serves content in their native language that they have no need to spread out across the broader internet and search out English content. They stick to their own enclaves kinda.
I would disagree on that front as well. Pretty much anyone under the age of 30 is ESL, but usually to a much higher degree than other parts of the world. And just because content exists in the native language doesn't mean that people stick to it 100%. Personally, I only consume EN content and no content in my native language because I think I'd cringe to death if I heard a vtuber speak my language. I know they are out there, but I actively avoid them.
I'll admit that France is a bit more insular but there as well, Saruei is the most popular French Vtuber and she doesnt even stream in French all that much. To say that EN speaking ESLs can and do very well over there as well, and that audiences do not just consume native language streamers.
Most of that number of people have English as their second language. Even then, you have to wonder both how much of that is: a) interested in watching streamers, b) interested in anime, c) even willing to give VTubers the time of day. Historically, the most popular stream times in terms of viewership has been NA primetime.

That is to say, I still think Cover should make a better attempt to break into the market than they have. Just because all of the above is the case, doesn't mean they cannot carve out a dedicated viewership there. I just understand why they haven't tried.
Adressing concern B first:
Europe is the biggest market for Anime and Manga outside of Japan actually. France alone buys more Manga in a year than the USA. Official French releases of Manga volumes are also ahead of the VIZ releases. The French at one point bought about a 1 billion dollar worth of manga and the european market makes up around 1/4 of the global anime market. Sales of manga and anime was up 75% in Germany according to Deutsche Welle and sales up 107% in France in 2021 compared to 2020 according to Les Echos. The Japan Expo in Paris is the biggest Japanese (Pop) Culture related convention in the World outside of Japan.
The demand for Anime shit is up there, and there is most definitely more than enough disposable income available as well (in Western Europe).

Concern A:
I would assume yes, but if I am honest, I dont know because, just like in NA, the normie streamer culture in Europe also pretty much exclusively exists on twitch. I just assume that just as in NA, plenty of European people also stream and do a living and do well, I personally must just not know about them because I know jackshit about twitch and fleshtubers. European ways of getting entertained are mostly imported from the US as well, so the situation might look similar. Additionally, EUs are used to consume foreign made entertainment in addition to local stuff.

C: Combining, yes, there is very likely a demand for Vtubers. Its just that Hololive failed to meet it when it had a chance. The vast majority of European vtubers I met on the Internet got into Vtubers by Hololive during the pandemic, but as people return back to their normal lives and work, watching an Ame stream that starts at 2am on a weekday stops being a possibility or even watching a full Fauna steam that starts at 11pm. Most people moved on by now, either to Twitch indies, where 99% of the EU Vtubers are, or more recently to Idolcorp with Rin and the others.

This has turned into a self-fulfilling prophecy:
No content at EU time ➡ No audience ➡ No need to make content for no audience ➡ even less audience

There are no HoloENs live at Primetime, so there is a smaller audience. The Hololive data indicates a small audience, so there is even less focus on EU. Even less focus on EU means even fewer fans there.

And it's really up to Cover to go and attract that audience by providing interesting EN content at good times as the first step. They never took it tho, so I am not surprised that 3 years later, it looks like the audience just doesn't exist, when in reality it (very likely) does.

This madlad has been posting KiaRys art almost daily for a few weeks now and I just have to applaud the effort. Kiara and Irys have collabed exactly 1 time and even that aside, Kiara likes to talk about her Holofriends on stream and an Irys mention from Kiara is almost as rare as a Holostars mention.
I dont think that they hate each other, just that they seem to live completely parallel of each other with no overlap. But also they are both very close friends of both Calli and Reine

And I think thats funny

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Looks like Airi's gonna have some pretty good streams for her birthday week. Starting with a part two for her AMV Hell watchalong. Then starting Majora's mask and a collab with Shiina, Jelly, and Remi. Finishing the week with two streams for her birthday over the weekend

I swear, if that black company does anything to fuck it up for her...

Disclaimer to any glowing mother fuckers hanging around here:
This is a joke, I will not actually burn down said black company that I don't even know. Besides, I wouldn't want to deny Airi inevitably plowing through said black company with her future Killdozer
:smugselen:

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
That's the ticket. Calliope is also aiming to own her own 3D studio place and rent it out, a way easier hussle than streaming. It would not surprise me if they come up with some start up in the near future.

Welcome to the Wigger Rapper studios with free :lean: refills.

Question for the Nijifriends: Is this Mysta´s PL?

The fuck is wrong with his hands!? Is he a midget!?
some kronii clips.

Kronii is obsessed with that buff Mexican bussy that's why she can't wait for Holostars ES.

Bijou makes some friends at the space port. :BijouBijou::dandanl:

:BijouBijou: is slowly letting her intrusive thoughts get a hold of her. Her senpais must be so proud.

Huh... can any hoshiyomis confirm if she has talked about traveling?

Edit: Miko, too?

MiComet international scissoring stream soon.
On an unrelated note, quality merch release by Nijisanji. Check the replies btw.

If this is Nijisanji's "Quality Merch Release" I abhor to think what their shitty merch would be like.

:SelenHAHAhere:

Also Lumi is apparently dropping a new cover in about 30 minutes. First I'm hearing of it, lol.

Them getting Randowis to animate their merch drop is huge. He's a Vestie but looks like he moved on. His animations are top tier awesome.

Some of his vids:

And his most tasteful work.

So I know the idea of 'how worth it' is it for some smaller corpo vTubers comes up every so often. I wonder how 'normal' this is, but Cheri from vReverie just revealed she has 2720 members currently while averaging 250 CCV typically. Goddamn, that's a lot more than I was expecting.

If she gets at least a dollar from that then that's $2700 easy. That's pretty good for a 3-view in YT. With Twitch you'd probably get half of that.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Lumi tries to make a meme:

I actually saw that thumbnail with that exact same text like a day ago in my youtube recommendations
I just want to keep reminding people that apparently this is a shithead response to someone who is famous for being a shitposter.
View attachment 44636
Oh boy, I've seen this like a dozen times before. Just the telltale signs of an incredibly insecure person. Tries to shitpost but the moment anything is flung back at her, she doesn't want to play anymore.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Meeta is currently laughing her ass off at Stickmin

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Adressing concern B first:
Europe is the biggest market for Anime and Manga outside of Japan actually. France alone buys more Manga in a year than the USA. Official French releases of Manga volumes are also ahead of the VIZ releases. The French at one point bought about a 1 billion dollar worth of manga and the european market makes up around 1/4 of the global anime market. Sales of manga and anime was up 75% in Germany according to Deutsche Welle and sales up 107% in France in 2021 compared to 2020 according to Les Echos. The Japan Expo in Paris is the biggest Japanese (Pop) Culture related convention in the World outside of Japan.
The demand for Anime shit is up there, and there is most definitely more than enough disposable income available as well (in Western Europe).
I know how big anime is is in Germany and France. The issue is in Germany and France, English is not their primary language. The UK is no where near as large with anime as pretty much any other country in the EU. While Germany definitely has a lot of English speakers, France is no where close to their amount.

Concern A:
I would assume yes, but if I am honest, I dont know because, just like in NA, the normie streamer culture in Europe also pretty much exclusively exists on twitch. I just assume that just as in NA, plenty of European people also stream and do a living and do well, I personally must just not know about them because I know jackshit about twitch and fleshtubers. European ways of getting entertained are mostly imported from the US as well, so the situation might look similar. Additionally, EUs are used to consume foreign made entertainment in addition to local stuff.
Yes, streaming is popular in Europe, but no where near the level it is in NA timezones. EU and AU primetimes are usually considered the least popular stream times in terms of viewership. You can find charts onlibe over the years of Twitch viewership by country, and UK is consistently among the lowest. France probably has the largest in the EU and then followed by Germany. Even then, all three combined aren't even half the size of NA's viewership.

While yes, this is all from Twitch stats, the fact is that Twitch IS the biggest streaming platform by a lot and a good metric for viewership.

I am not saying there is not a market there, either way. I am saying they just may not be big enough for Cover to think it is worth the effort to directly market to them given they would have to have managers working at extremely odd times and any other logistical issues they would have to worry about.

I dont think that they hate each other, just that they seem to live completely parallel of each other with no overlap. But also they are both very close friends of both Calli and Reine
I think it is because IRyS streams at an awful time for Kiara. They probably just naturally don't interact a lot.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter

Huh... can any hoshiyomis confirm if she has talked about traveling?

Edit: Miko, too?

lesbian sex :hololove:
The good morning would place them into Asia still, so my guesses are:
Taiwan
Okinawa (shorter flight, maybe better for Suisei who is apparently afraid of planes)
Indonesia

soap suds

These are part of a merch line that's low quality, so I'm not surprised it's just a simple ass t-shirt. It's kind of funny that these were announced at the same time as the Tempus mascot plushies though. I will say that before this merch drop, Niji was actually pretty on top merch-wise. For example, the solid perfumes and fandom keychains were cute for the 2nd anniversary and the Summer Holiday drop was good. Personally, I think it's fucking hilarious how shitty the shirts are, but I can understand why some fans are ass mad about it. These Unit merch drops are hardly ever good and I'm surprised they even picked up the series again, but they did and people hate it, rightfully so, but I just don't understand why people are writing whole ass Twitter threads about the "drop in quality" when this is one shitty merch in a sea of good ones. I mean, I thought the mascot pillows for the Road Trip merch were nice, not to mention that Ethyria 1 year is coming up, which means better quality merch. I don't know, maybe I'm the odd one out.
Anyway, the heroes dropped their half-anniversary merch, which I bring up because the new guys are in there. The funny thing about this though is that they are getting puppets before Xsoleil is, and also there are these paper masks being sold and they look funny as fuck.
View attachment 44637

Pomu's new schedule is here, and she's playing Return of the Obra Dinn, which should be fun! I'm also glad she's having fun playing Outer Wilds, even if she does scream a bit.
Oh, also Mika's charity marathon is happening in a bit. This girl is fucking crazy, but this has been in the works for a while. I remember her telling us about doing a charity stream earlier this year and I never imagined that it would be 60 fucking hours.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
I'd like to take a moment on this day to remember loss:

loss.png

Also, best registration date.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
So I know the idea of 'how worth it' is it for some smaller corpo vTubers comes up every so often. I wonder how 'normal' this is, but Cheri from vReverie just revealed she has 2720 members currently while averaging 250 CCV typically. Goddamn, that's a lot more than I was expecting.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Top Bottom