"Opinions only hurt if you're a bitch"Scarle Yonaguni

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Niji should hurry up graduating Selen. All of this retarded vtweeter drama is so goddamn boring.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
*My 100% African from the Jungles of Africa black boy ass trying not to stir shit regarding Rie

*But my I was Kangz ass being the first and probably only one to notice

Did she have a tweet fuckup? Anyone got any clues? Any clues ya got?

She retweeted this before the tweet.

So she retweets this stuff on her alt? kek

Content creator grindset man, when will it ever end!?!?

Last edited:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
*My 100% African from the Jungles of Africa black boy ass trying not to stir shit regarding Rie

*But my I was Kangz ass being the first and probably only one to notice

Did she have a tweet fuckup? Anyone got any clues? Any clues ya got?

Edit : why is it funny what does it mean?

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Ironmouse hates the fact that corpo vtubers that graduate can't acknowledge their accomplishments in last lives publicly

Also mentioned being angry that some fans would turn on a Vtuber in their new life and ended that part saying "it's crazy dayo!"

Last edited:

Kuri Rinji

Marlon Reis
Also mentioned being angry that fans would turn on a Vtuber in their new life and ended that part saying "it's crazy dayo!"
Nijisisters do that because those Anycolor dicks won't suck themselves.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
During her MGS4 stream still ongoing right now, she made an offhand comment after a song ended on the ipod, larping a radio announcer and giving the station as 104.5 FM. Now, sure it could be just the first number that came to mind randomly, but is it more likely that she simply called to mind a radio station she knows and/or has heard of? Given 104.5 is a Toronto radio station... :smugina:
I have 104.5 by me and I'm nowhere near Canada. I don't think that means anything.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I have 104.5 by me and I'm nowhere near Canada. I don't think that means anything.
If you're looking to work on a dox, 104.5 is something you can use to help narrow the location down, presuming the number used is actually a radio station for the place they live in.

Short

God Damn the Sun

No, the retweet was after.
r8E1yx2n_o.png

A

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
Many cities have a 104.5. Its just a radio frequency, unless it she gave a station name like KZUL or "Kasual FM" its not that useful. A quick search came up with 19 104.5's in just the western 1/3 of the US, and i'm not sure i didn't miss some.

Limkin

Ironmouse hates the fact that corpo vtubers that graduate can't acknowledge their accomplishments in last lives publicly
I don't want to listen to them talking about a completely different persona as if it was the same. Or talking too much about irl stuff. Or showing face on stream. Be a regular cam streamer if you want it so badly. Shows she has very little understanding of how it works despite being in business for so long.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
@midori TMI, I remember when people only knew about vtuber's periods when they were super creepy unicorns from /vt/, now the fucking vtubers themselves shout it to the rooftops without prompt.
Tell me you don't watch Ollie without telling me you don't watch Ollie.
Hey if you ignore the doll and BL obsession Suisei is fairly normal and not menhera
Tell me you don't watch Suisei without telling me you don't watch Suisei.

Not-Username

I don't want to listen to them talking about a completely different persona as if it was the same. Or talking too much about irl stuff. Or showing face on stream. Be a regular cam streamer if you want it so badly. Shows she has very little understanding of how it works despite being in business for so long.
Tbf being good at keyfabe and still incorporate real life is an art in itself.

And one strength of the holos is that they do RL stuff in groups which can be incorporated. (Idk how much anykara talents do that aside from ethyria/obsidian shenanigans)

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

There's 7 different stations with the frequency 104.5 in Ontario alone, but only one of them, CHUM-FM, is also a property of Bell Media and several Bell-owned radio stations also got channels on Bell's satellite television networks that played well outside of their radio broadcast range. It's a pretty popular station as well given it's based out of the largest city in Canada, so it stood out to me that she settled on that number pretty fast in the context of a radio presenter. Even if she's not from around the GTA, there's only so many stations with that frequency, and from just a short search of some of the entries in the list from the US, some are either silent or have changed frequencies.

It's just a curiosity that struck me as the kind of small detail someone can slip that can inadvertently give someone's location away. It subverts my own rrat's point to explain that CHUM-FM 104.5's got a much broader coverage due to having dedicated channels for it on two different satellite providers, but imagine rrating responsibly? Still, the fact that was the frequency number she fell to for an inconsequential bit means that it's the number she thought of when she thought of radio, even subconsciously it's an association she's made, so she's got to live somewhere that has a major radio station that broadcasts on 104.5. She could have given an entirely unrealistic number instead but didn't. How much of a rrat is it really then? :cursedbae:

DanishCookies

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

If everyone in the world watched this video, the world would be more peaceful

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Also mentioned being angry that some fans would turn on a Vtuber in their new life and ended that part saying "it's crazy dayo!"

holy fucking shit how many years is she doing this again

mati me but theres a reason why its called reincarnation and not goddamned resuscitation

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

A corporation invests a bunch of resources in a talent before debut, of course a white person wants to take advantage of this without any consideration of their benefactor just to benefit themselves.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Protected mode. Like a huge pussy.

Edit: https://m.twitch.tv/vanyavelveteen/videos?filter=all
Oof. I actually feel a little bad for them. Hours of gameplay per stream, and not a single one reaches ten viewers. Half of them have zero. I can see why they need to try and stir up drama.
Screenshot-2024-01-13-01-48-56-74-e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg

>Absurd amount of hours in a single stream
>Pickme Game
>Westernized-anime art with flowers
>0 views

Going out on a limb here and guessing it's a tranny.

Last edited:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

The characters are Lia's and Rie's mascots. Whether there's a deeper meaning to them messily sharing ice cream I'll leave for you to decide.

Re the Kawa situation, I think I might have a clue why they decided to shut down their vtuber branch. Earlier this evening, I saw a video by Mr Underhill which clipped talent Kozii's post-Kawa stream where she says that Kawa worked on a model where she paid them $100 for their services, even though she only brought in $250-300. Timestamped:

I tweeted at her and asked her if I was understanding her correctly about Kawa's management services basically being for hire for a low monthly fee, and in response she directed me to these tweets from back during the "transparent shares" trend. I remember seeing them at the time now, though I had forgotten them.

$183 times six talents is $1098. That's not enough to hire even a part-time manager unless maybe they were based out of South Sudan or somewhere.

So it seemed clear that the vtuber branch of Kawa was just a loss leader for the merch branch - get these talents big enough to drive merch sales, then make all their money off of those sales. But if Kawa just did business with outside vtubers instead, they'd still make the same cut from merch sales without having to cover the overhead of managing the talents. So unless I'm missing something this branch seems like it was destined to never be practical business-wise unless the talents all took off to such a massive degree that the management expenses were a rounding error of the merch sales, and that was just not going to happen with a small corpo in the current environment. It was unsustainable and the collapse was inevitable. That it seemed to happen so quickly even to the management - right after a Tetris tournament, and on the day that a community Minecraft server that had already had a lot of work put into it was set to debut - is all the more bizarre to me because the writing should have been on the wall for a while, so why not give everyone at least a couple weeks to wind things down with their communities? (The IP stuff is a bummer but props to RealCorp for giving their talents and fans a whole month.)

This is still a new industry but not so new that we haven't figured out a few business models that work. Maybe it's time to not try to get cutesy and experimental anymore when talents' plans and careers are on the line.

Edit:

Going out on a limb here and guessing it's a tranny.

I checked, and it's worse.

flesh.png

She's a fleshtuber. :vomitdrawer:

Last edited:
Top Bottom