"You plead the fifth? More like you plead the fourth!"Ninomae Ina'nis

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I'd say that Thailand actually got it a bit easier in terms of vtubing because they are already ESL or even fluent in english, meaning that they can somewhat easily jump into vtubing in the EN sector without needing to say, inside a Thai-focused agency first hand.
Does anyone actually do that, though? I've come across one or two Thai vtubers before, and thus far, not a single one of them bothered to appeal to the EN market.

Okay, Algorythm Project seems to have an international (CN/EN) branch. Out of the three, one focuses on EN, the other two on Thai. Yeah...

Also I've now learned that Thai 555555 is as Japanese wwwwww and Korean kekekekeke. Cool.
I always found the Thai media to be a bit more insular than other parts of SEA that were more EN-focused (indonesia/malaysia/philipines). It's not just vtubing, normal streamers and youtubers also seem to be more focused on just the Thai audience.
Maybe the lack of colonisation caused them to look more inward?

That, or it's random chance. Who knows.

Last edited:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
I always found the Thai media to be a bit more insular than other parts of SEA that were more EN-focused (indonesia/malaysia/philipines). It's not just vtubing, normal streamers and youtubers also seem to be more focused on just the Thai audience.

Negzana

Does anyone actually do that, though? I've come across one or two Thai vtubers before, and thus far, not a single one of them bothered to appeal to the EN market.

Okay, Algorythm Project seems to have an international (CN/EN) branch. Out of the three, one focuses on EN, the other two on Thai. Yeah...

Also I've now learned that Thai 555555 is as Japanese wwwwww and Korean kekekekeke. Cool.
Do Thais speak human?

A troon found out grooming minors
Oh look the thing that never happens

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
What a way to start the year. A VTuber likely killed themselves after being exposed for a whole list of things. A lot of context is lacking since the person this VTuber was quoting has now deleted the posts back from early December that provided additional info.

A troon 41%'d herself after being found out grooming minors and blaming it on autism? 2024 isnt so bad after all.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Bronze

Brit Pippa's streaming about new year resolutions

Mirri from EIEN's playing Firewatch

Lumi's been live for 40 min playing Webbed.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
I might've look at it wrong, but I just started to assume that there are EN vtubers out there who are thailanders but decided to keep it unless they feel like it, claiming their fluent Thailand speak as 2nd language or whatever.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
  • Fuwamoco debuted at the end of July but has rapidly rose to the top in average CCV, sub growth, and hours watched. She also is the most prolific en streamer with over 200 streams in only 5 months, compare that to Mori and Bae who had around 230-250 streams across a whole year
you have to divide it by two that's how it works.

Tubedude

What a way to start the year. A VTuber likely killed themselves after being exposed for a whole list of things. A lot of context is lacking since the person this VTuber was quoting has now deleted the posts back from early December that provided additional info.

So, if I'm understanding this right, they are admitting to pretty much all the allegations that were against them (now missing since the quoted account deleted a fuck ton), save for the allegations about grooming minors.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
It's largely because Thai is the middle ground of SEA; Indo has HoloID and a few smaller things here and there (used to have Niji) and Malaysia has agencies but doesn't have the supportive culture every other region has, so Thai ended up falling in place of being kind of their own thing, with supportive fans and likely have ID crossover of the community.
Kinda like how Isegye Idol has dominated the Korean market because of a general lack of big foreign agencies there. In general it's good that there's local agencies for smaller markets, prevents the big players from monopolizing the entire thing and keeps them on their toes.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

oh-no.gif

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
It's the original Kaizo Mario, The lost Levels, It's Ami, It's in 20 mins

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Rins first stream of the year and it's going through new year resolutions

Horo7618

No one in particular
Oh no, you've made her angry:
1704138017746.png

(she's Thai-descended anyway...)

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
- Pippa at top 30
-11 phase girls in top 100 avg ccv
-17 phase girls in the list for avg ccv E:which is everyone except newly debuted gen 3

Letsgoooooooo :pippasquish::pippasquish::pippasquish:
To add the list doesn't reflect the recent jump in ccv for phase. I was waiting till a month after debut to take a definitive stance to see if the debut buff wore off, but it seems that Gen 3 debuts actually increased everyone's CCV. Every phase talent except the JP's can now get 1k ccv without raids, though the JP talents have reserved a buff as well.

Punished Lurker

Numberfagging time

1704126725790108.png
Some things to note
  • TOTAL. HOLO. DOMINATION
  • Across 467 streams, Kaela has 2150 hours stream time. She is also the second highest Indo in CCV aside for Kobo
  • Fuwamoco debuted at the end of July but has rapidly rose to the top in average CCV, sub growth, and hours watched. She also is the most prolific en streamer with over 200 streams in only 5 months, compare that to Mori and Bae who had around 230-250 streams across a whole year
  • Kiara and Kaela forms sort of a wall that separates the big leagues from Nijis
I'll stop numberfagging now
I'm surprised to see that Luxiem is still on top for NijiEN, maybe it's my imagination but I think they haven't been streaming a lot lately. Guess their fanbase is just that loyal.

By the way, do you have a chart like this but from last year? I'm interested in seeing what changed between one year and the next

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

Gay, trans, self diagnosed autist, groomer AND they killed themselves?
2024 isn't any different than 2023 it seems. But its off to a good start!

braindoko

Art ghost Yomi back after a long sickness

Edit: she’s still dying :painpeko:

Last edited:

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
Kson's younger sister, the once hard-partying, smoking-like-chimney-passing-out-at-Ksons-apartment chick, is just a menace to society. (And Kson's not much better)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom