"Chat, how much money would you pay for your oshi's soul?"Kirschey

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
I'll take my rainbows but I wanna interpret this as a sign that Advent is getting 3D sooner than expected. As in either before 5th fes or it gets announced during 5th fes and happens the week after. That's not really a reason to forbid VR stuff though so this just feels like nip corpo autism.

I also hope once they get more settled, Nerissa, Fuwamoco or even Bijou can help Kiara with setting up these big collabs. Orange woman has been going at it alone for too long.
I'd interpret it this way, too, except people have said Ame had been getting annoyed with management about shit with their non-official models, so who knows. If a Teamate could clarify, that would be great.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I'd interpret it this way, too, except people have said Ame had been getting annoyed with management about shit with their non-official models, so who knows. If a Teamate could clarify, that would be great.
I believe she said she would have to sought approval in advance before using them on stream. Bae was still using her special VR model in VR streams and Kiara was just using her frog model in the recent Pomutori collab so they're definitely not banned from using them.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Maybe this means Advent's 3D will be on schedule, id assume that they let myth get away with stuff like that lowpoly 3D shit because of some delays

The Rratarded Alt

I believe she said she would have to sought approval in advance before using them on stream. Bae was still using her special VR model in VR streams and Kiara was just using her frog model in the recent Pomutori collab so they're definitely not banned from using them.
I knew they weren't banned, but I thought asking for approval was always the case.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Last edited:

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
Video of this. If someone could upload it somewhere permanent, that would be appreciated. It is too long for imgur.

Edit:

Japanese rules autism really is the rock around ENs neck it's a death by a thousand cuts that will eventually drive the more creative focused members like Kiara away

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
RRAT me, but maybe they're turning down VRChat stuff in hopes to push HoloEarth with the new year 'round the corner. That's my best guess.

The Rratarded Alt

RRAT me, but maybe they're turning down VRChat stuff in hopes to push HoloEarth with the new year 'round the corner. That's my best guess.
Nah. They are literally partnered with VR chat for HoloMeet. Once Bae moves to Japan, she is planning to do a more consistent karaokes with it, for example.

Japanese rules autism really is the rock around ENs neck it's a death by a thousand cuts that will eventually drive the more creative focused members like Kiara away
Oh, I didn't mention... She said she almost ended up graduating this year. :gunpeko: second half of the year was so bad for her between stress from the job and real life bullshit, she had even asked what the best time to do so would be...

Bronze

If there was a western agency that can rival Hololive in size and opportunities it definitely would. Currently Vshojo is not enough. Although I can't see many talents with idol dreams (fuwamoco is a good example) working at anywhere outside of a JP corp

Tubedude

Simply put, business is like a game of Caatan or Poker if you don't know what that is.
Settlers of Catan? If that's the one you're talking about, fun game, but can be just as infuriating as it can be fun. Good analogy with the luck and strategy.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Based on the recent Sora HoloEarth gameplay HoloMembers dont use their models but have to create one just like everyone else

At least for now (the game its in beta after all)

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
Nah. They are literally partnered with VR chat for HoloMeet. Once Bae moves to Japan, she is planning to do a more consistent karaokes with it, for example.

Oh, I didn't mention... She said she almost ended up graduating this year. :gunpeko: second half of the year was so bad for her between stress from the job and real life bullshit, she had even asked what the best time to do so would be...
Knew it Cover better fix shit fast cause the honest truth is most of them don't NEED Holoive anymore and eventually there will be a tipping point where frustrations outweigh any connection to the place

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
I dont know much about fish but Imma believe in his business background that he understand that.
Funny you should mention it, in the recent Q&A he did, he explained it pretty well:

Basically, Phase is still in a stage of growing. He considers Phase "cash-flow positive", as most of the money made is reinvested into the company, talents, staff, events, projects, etc. "Profitability" isn't something he's too concerned with at the moment. Mostly that the company has the money to fork out if/when they want to do things. So, he's looking at the long-term.

Also, bonus teasing of Jelly for being ESL in the middle of it.
:smugsubaru:
proctor, despite his initial dislike of me, has been nothing but kind. the mods of vta have also been exceptionally kind. as a homelander, i'm glad to have found a community like this. i know at times menhera shit gets written off as dramatic or annoying or attention seeking, but sometimes it really just is an attempt to get the energy out before it ends up harming the individual feeling it. i know it's gay, but i genuinely appreciate vta for treating me kindly and welcoming me in, because i do really feel so comfortable here now.

also to everyone: please don't ever refrain from discussing my streams or tweets or content or anything else even though i am reading the forum. this is a place of discussion for vtubers, and i am a vtuber. i appreciate the kindness, but there's no need to treat me with kid gloves. i'm a big girl and i can take it. criticism is also always welcome both in threads and dms. i want to get better and become the best version of myself, and i can't do that if i'm in an echo chamber.
Glad you feel welcome here. We might be a bit abrasive at times, but that's part of the charm.
:BijouBijou:

Also good to see you're willing to take criticism and roll with punches. I'm sure most of us will be rooting for you.

I'm sure it's been posted in this thread already, but I wanted to say that I actually really like Runie's debut song. Not enough to be my favorite original of the year, but I've been listening to it a few times today.

Phase definitely came out strong with Gen 3's debut.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Knew it Cover better fix shit fast cause the honest truth is most of them don't NEED Holoive anymore and eventually there will be a tipping point where frustrations outweigh any connection to the place
MMmm
If there was a western agency that can rival Hololive in size and opportunities it definitely would. Currently Vshojo is not enough. Although I can't see many talents with idol dreams (fuwamoco is a good example) working at anywhere outside of a JP corp
Maybe these two sentences are related

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
ItsAGundam made a summary of the whole Twitch "artistic nudity" fiasco

"Oh, what does a conservative commentary youtuber have anything to do with vtubers?"

Well, ItsAGundam has a live2D now
View attachment 60129

Gundam has always been on Thot-patrol, so it's not surprising to see him cover the Marina fiasco. I wonder how much bigger this shit's gonna get.
If this is hexa i am Regis Altare. Leader of Holostars guild Tempus. @100% not Hakka you're my least favorite coworker you frickin latinx
I didn't believe you were Altare at first because of the lack of slurs, then I remembered how you guys feel about latinx.:ironmousekek:
nijisanji has a VTA probs that's why people keep making the mistake
The VTuber Awards show also used VTA as their acronym recently, so that might be on people's minds?
They ruined One piece discourse Please no
What, you mean you don't want to hear from Bread Tube about how One Piece is really a communist allegory? One Piece's length has done a good job naturally filtering the shitters for a long time now. But between Hasan and the successful live action adaption, it was bound to become the "Next Thing" the NPC-Brained anime audience will consume. It doesn't help they announced a redone One Piece anime by Studio Wit where presumably it's going to get the FMA:Brotherhood/DBZ Kai treatment and streamline that shit much better. Also we get Arlong and Arabasta in HD now. :pippasquish:

I'll be honest, of anyone in Myth I think Kiara would hurt the absolute most to graduate. She does so much behind the scenes work for Myth and EN as a whole, I cannot imagine the gap she would leave.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Settlers of Catan? If that's the one you're talking about, fun game, but can be just as infuriating as it can be fun. Good analogy with the luck and strategy.
Yeah, it is the best analogy I can think of for starting a business. It doesn't matter how good you play, as you can easily be fucked over by luck; however, strategy is not useless, and it's much harder to win if you don't have a game plan. I still don't have a good analogy for the continued operation of a business as too many business owners get complacent and think that once a business is up and in operation, it needs to just continue what they were doing to get it started. This is not the case and I've witnessed a few business fail because of this ignorance. It's all about keeping momentum.

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
MMmm

Maybe these two sentences are related
Well that is the hangup for Kiara yeah she'd want to do idol stuff though Vshojo has started to do actual co concerts and stuff nothing crazy yet . My point more is Kiara could drop hololive now and go indie and not really lose much of her numbers

The Rratarded Alt

Kiara's frustrations are very much unique to her. Everyone has their own goals, but I don't think anyone in EN outside of Myth has had so many issues as her this year. Kiara has had huge tax issues, a stalker, etc with her personal life issues. She basically regressed into menhera mode because her album and 3D Live they stressed her out so much.

There's a reason I prefaced everything with her looking forward to 2024, because this very much does not seem to be the case.

Bronze

I'm sure it's been posted in this thread already, but I wanted to say that I actually really like Runie's debut song. Not enough to be my favorite original of the year, but I've been listening to it a few times today.

Phase definitely came out strong with Gen 3's debut.

I can gladly say this throws umbrella out of my list and takes its place beside Requiem. What a gold mine of a singing talent(in my opinion) Phase got

Not-Username

Alternatively, total award show death. They are just industry people jacking off other industry people.

Award shows do not matter and people care about them way too much.
Once upon a time awards were handed out by merit of measurable achievements.
You know...like sports.

But most metrics will also be dominated by corpos/big streamers anyway.

Roundabout way of agreeing to get rid of popularity contests.

Also welcome green woman. Let the forum flow through you.

Top Bottom