"I'm being born right now, mommy is giving birth to me right now"Namirin

Amelia Watson Ceases Activity From Hololive

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
If you want some outward JP appreciation of Ame take a look at EN clips translated into JP and see how they all call 'Candy' the most genius member holo has ever had. Of course they are correct in that assessment. Absolutely no one can do it like Ame.

tgmslc

Well, all clues point to her living in the Greater Los Angeles area, so renting a studio could be pretty pricey. Then again, if she has saved up enough during her Hololive years, it is possible.
"Greater Los Angeles" is also the most sprawling suburban environment in America. There's plenty of much less dense space where rent isn't as insanely expensive as elsewhere if you're living farther east, or uf you're cool with commuting for an hour.

Collabing with JP is basically just a funny novelty if you don't speak nihongo, which half of EN doesn't, the JPs aren't blameless either, literally not a single one of them speaks english at any level beyond ultra-basic duolingo because nips are xenophobic island dwellers.

Setting up a collab with the JPs likely also requires contacting their management so they can talk with EN management so they can decide who wrangles the collab and whatever, and that is likely another thing which makes even the nip-speaking ENs not want to bother with it. JP collabs definitely felt like a last resort back in the day because EN was so small and introverted. And speaking of introverted, we can't rule out that many of these women are probably too afraid/shy to reach out to the JPs anyway.
Simple as. Back when HoloEN was 5 and then 10 members, and nobody in Council had even reached 1 million subs, collabing with JP was inevitable. But now if you include ID, non-JP branch members number 27 so there's way more options for collabs with people who actually speak English.

The only JP members who speak English enough for live collabs are Kanade and Haachama. Everyone else's English ranges from almost-there (Suisei, Sora) to hilariously awful (Migo, Ko'one) to non-existent (everyone else).

E: There also seems to be a lot of stories about JP-based EN's hanging out with other members but just off-stream. IRyS plays games with Flare & others, Bae is becoming bff with Roboco, Mori talks to everyone... I feel like those are left as off-stream interactions because their primary audiences are still English-speaking, so why go to the trouble of setting up streams when it's just a lot easier to just not bother and socialize off-stream?

Last edited:

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
"Greater Los Angeles" is also the most sprawling suburban environment in America. There's plenty of much less dense space where rent isn't as insanely expensive as elsewhere if you're living farther east, or uf you're cool with commuting for an hour.
Or getting shot at in a drive-by.

The only JP members who speak English enough for live collabs are Kanade and Haachama. Everyone else's English ranges from almost-there (Suisei, Sora) to hilariously awful (Migo, Ko'one) to non-existent (everyone else).
Lui is "almost there", and doggo is not that awful, not compare to shrine maiden. Calli and Korone's collab with the bomb game shows she can use passion English okay. Imagine if Calli had played the game with Migo, we wouldn't even get past the rules.

Last edited:

Landphobic

Just don't like it
Now doob is posting pictures of trains on twitter and calling them cute. I'm ready for her autism to fully be unleashed.
I've been thinking for a while that public transport autism vtuber is a niche waiting to be filled. AZKi's planespotting streams show that the audience is there for it, at least in JP.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
If you want some outward JP appreciation of Ame take a look at EN clips translated into JP and see how they all call 'Candy' the most genius member holo has ever had. Of course they are correct in that assessment. Absolutely no one can do it like Ame.
Ame probably had the lowest amount of JP fans within HoloEN, but they still exist. Every time she tried to speak her broken Japanese on stream, you would see a bunch of JP comments popping up in the chat.
She also gained the attention of JP bros last year during/after her JP trip when she talked about her experience in Japan. One of her JP-translated clips went viral and got higher than 1M views.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
For example: Did you Know that Guutara(Not-Choco) has been following Mikeneko longer than P-maru?
No, but I'm not surprised. She probably wants to keep an eye on her out of concern.
You left out Fubuki and Subaru, who are both at the almost-there level. Also, Lui and Ririka both speak English fairly well, not quite fluently, but well enough to communicate with English speakers.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
You left out Fubuki and Subaru, who are both at the almost-there level. Also, Lui and Ririka both speak English fairly well, not quite fluently, but well enough to communicate with English speakers.
Never forget golly monkey shit.
27277.jpg

Ririka easily has the best English in JP right now, on account of having family in Europe. Multiple English-only streams, collabs with EN girls, has live-translated for both languages and can hold her own in a conversation just fine. Lui is almost at her level but overall a bit weaker. She was still the main reason her group made it to LA and back without any issues though.

Off the top of my head, English speakers in JP from best to worst probably goes like:
  1. Ririka, Lui (Closest thing to fluent English for HoloJP)
  2. Haachama (Her understanding and vocab are below the first two but she's still solid and improving)
  3. Kanade, Subaru, Suisei, Sora, Aki, Fubuki, Korone (Somewhat above basic duolingo English. Struggles to form sentences but knows a surprisingly high amount of vocabulary. Will usually understand what's being said to them even if they can't respond properly)
  4. Everyone else (Kinda varies like Chloe knowing a decent amount or Miko being a meme but overall is lower than the above.)
  5. Bae :baeJam:

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Negzana

View attachment 80086

Ririka easily has the best English in JP right now, on account of having family in Europe. Multiple English-only streams, collabs with EN girls, has live-translated for both languages and can hold her own in a conversation just fine. Lui is almost at her level but overall a bit weaker. She was still the main reason her group made it to LA and back without any issues though.

Off the top of my head, English speakers in JP from best to worst probably goes like:
  2. Haachama (Her understanding and vocab are below the first two but she's still solid and improving)
  3. Kanade, Subaru, Suisei, Sora, Aki, Fubuki, Korone (Somewhat above basic duolingo English. Struggles to form sentences but knows a surprisingly high amount of vocabulary. Will usually understand what's being said to them even if they can't respond properly)
  4. Everyone else (Kinda varies like Chloe knowing a decent amount or Miko being a meme but overall is lower than the above.)
Miko is the best english speaker, we just can't comprehend it.

RiverBear

View attachment 80086

Anya has the best English in JP imo
Accent is pretty bad though

tgmslc

Also, I think there's been a bunch of huge collab events lately (JP Ark, EN Reco, GTA) and the introvert crowd is just getting exhausted.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I've been thinking for a while that public transport autism vtuber is a niche waiting to be filled. AZKi's planespotting streams show that the audience is there for it, at least in JP.

Pretty sure there's at Train and Rocket vtubers already in Japan. As for Geoguesser, anything like that is >95% male audience. Azki could spam that for massive amounts of money at any time. It's a bit like Kson's Gunpla run. Or that one Gravure idol that also builds gunplas mostly with just her tits on screen. (Which, frankly, smooth business move.)

No, but I'm not surprised. She probably wants to keep an eye on her out of concern.

Lui seems to have a very strong in-real time understanding, but her ability to formulate sentences isn't as strong as her understanding. Thus what might be a hilarious collab would be Lui speaking in Japanese and someone like Ina speaking in English. Both can easily understand each other, but it's much easier to respond in their native languages. Had a conversation with a Japanese friend in a coffee shop like that one time, since we were both roughly in the space. You get some hilarious looks when people realize you're having a back & forth conversation in 2 languages.

mismatch

She's ahead of schedule:
EDIT: gone now, was just a delay test.

Spooked But Lobotomized

She's ahead of schedule:
EDIT: gone now, was just a delay test.

Just a five minute test stream
Edit: Edited before I posted wtf

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
Just a five minute test stream
Edit: Edited before I posted wtf
Yep, caught just enough for her to say goodbye.

EDIT: I'm supposing the png girl on that short Osu vid was a generic/stock character and not actually hers, right? I'm not really familiar with Osu.

The Chink

Yep, caught just enough for her to say goodbye.

EDIT: I'm supposing the png girl on that short Osu vid was a generic/stock character and not actually hers, right? I'm not really familiar with Osu.
That's Sakurajima Mai....

Top Bottom