"Autists Together Strong"Trexie Saurus

Amelia Watson Ceases Activity From Hololive

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
So shower thoughts, she was pretty explicit that not only can she appear in stuff once in a while, but that she might consider coming back to Ame permanently if she wanted to and Cover would have her.
So what scenarios would lead to that. Would she be more likely to come back if she's successful as Dooby3d and gets all her creative hungers satiated? Would it be more likely if she 'failed' as Dooby (abject failure seems like an impossibility for a Holo who left on good terms and wants to continue content creation, but I mean more like how artists tend to hate their own work and are never satisfied with it)? Would there be any reasons Cover would say 'no' if she asks them to come back (like Dooby3d is actually obsessed with doobies and smokes pot on stream non-stop)? Etc.
Just some hypothetical thoughts.
IIRC, she's brought up that she moved back in with family. That in itself is a basket case of complications when it comes to a career in streaming. Personally, I think her stopping streaming is a healthy mix of:
a) Cover putting their put down on new unauthorized 3D models (though her previous ones were probably grandfathered in)
b) Complicated set-up at home severely impacting her usual routine/workflow/schedule
c) Pent-up creative itch/projects she can't really scratch/pursue while under Cover's schedule & management guidelines with all the "homework" and deliverables they have to do offline.

For shower thoughts of my own, is her "3D studio" just a spare room in her previous place that she just set up herself or did she get a rented space for it? If it's the latter, could she be taking some time off from streaming in order to actually focus on setting it up as a commercial venture that she can manage and eventually rent out to 3rd parties as well or officially contract it with Cover.

tgmslc

So shower thoughts, she was pretty explicit that not only can she appear in stuff once in a while, but that she might consider coming back to Ame permanently if she wanted to and Cover would have her.
So what scenarios would lead to that. Would she be more likely to come back if she's successful as Dooby3d and gets all her creative hungers satiated? Would it be more likely if she 'failed' as Dooby (abject failure seems like an impossibility for a Holo who left on good terms and wants to continue content creation, but I mean more like how artists tend to hate their own work and are never satisfied with it)? Would there be any reasons Cover would say 'no' if she asks them to come back (like Dooby3d is actually obsessed with doobies and smokes pot on stream non-stop)? Etc.
Just some hypothetical thoughts.
I'm adjusting my take on the "Manager Rrat" that she was gonna go into the management side of Holo. She's clearly not, there's been so much straight rejection of that idea from literally everyone in HoloEN that I think there's nothing for it.

But she did still learn a fuckton about 3D mocap & managing stuff in her time as Myth's autistic tech gremlin. So my current rrat is that she's gonna do a bunch of interesting & out there 3D mocap stuff with the end goal of turning Ame Studio into a separate company that Cover or any other company can contract, maybe hire some underlings to automate stuff once she's got processes figured out.

I kinda wonder if its partially to set Ame Studio up as her own 100% owned revenue separate from streamer revenue, possibly to provide her family with a steady source of income so that she never has to worry about them again. Which'd free her up mentally & emotionally to go back to being a virtual idol with all the extra effort that entails.

Source: my ass & wondering why Ame's streaming hours dipped so hard right around the time she started to mention spending lots of time with family.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
For shower thoughts of my own, is her "3D studio" just a spare room in her previous place that she just set up herself or did she get a rented space for it?
I'm pretty sure it's just a room in her current house which she is sharing with her family. So no, I don't think she has plans on turning it into a business. I don't think she is the sort that would be good at doing business anyway.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
I'm pretty sure it's just a room in her current house which she is sharing with her family. So no, I don't think she has plans on turning it into a business. I don't think she is the sort that would be good at doing business anyway.

Who said she has to do it at her house? I don't know where she lives but if it's not anywhere too expensive she can probably rent a large-ish office or smallish warehouse that would be big enough to set up a decent mocap studio in for under $1000 a month, particularly since it doesn't have to be in a high-traffic retail location.

Not saying I have any particular info that she's doing something like that but I at least think it's plausible.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
Who said she has to do it at her house? I don't know where she lives but if it's not anywhere too expensive she can probably rent a large-ish office or smallish warehouse that would be big enough to set up a decent mocap studio in for under $1000 a month, particularly since it doesn't have to be in a high-traffic retail location.

Not saying I have any particular info that she's doing something like that but I at least think it's plausible.
Well, all clues point to her living in the Greater Los Angeles area, so renting a studio could be pretty pricey. Then again, if she has saved up enough during her Hololive years, it is possible.

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
It isn't a big deal at all in the slightest or even a small deal, but I just wanna get some brainworms out of my head:

I know it is entirely superficial, but it is pretty disappointing to me how few JP talents acknowledged Ame's departure, even with a small gesture like Towa's yellow heart Twitter post would have been great. Just nothing at all. Makes me appreciate Korone taking the time to write a message in English to her that much more. Just something I wanted to get off my mind.

Ao visited her Aquarium today, which was cool.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
I know it is entirely superficial, but it is pretty disappointing to me how few JP talents acknowledged Ame's departure, even with a small gesture like Towa's yellow heart Twitter post would have been great. Just nothing at all. Makes me appreciate Korone taking the time to write a message in English to her that much more. Just something I wanted to get off my mind.
I've noticed that JP/EN interaction has tapered off in the last year, or at least it feels that way. 2021 and 2022 were the golden years for that. These days EN is included way more in full company events but doesn't have nearly as much one-on-one or group collabs as before. It kind of feels like Advent and Justice have brought enough people into HoloEN that they can just interact with each other, and reaching out to JP is much less out of necessity and more specific people who are already close.
However its the opposite for company events, so at least there's that.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
It kind of feels like Advent and Justice have brought enough people into HoloEN that they can just interact with each other, and reaching out to JP is much less out of necessity and more specific people who are already close.
I think you hit the nail in the head with this. Collabing with JP is basically just a funny novelty if you don't speak nihongo, which half of EN doesn't, the JPs aren't blameless either, literally not a single one of them speaks english at any level beyond ultra-basic duolingo because nips are xenophobic island dwellers.

Setting up a collab with the JPs likely also requires contacting their management so they can talk with EN management so they can decide who wrangles the collab and whatever, and that is likely another thing which makes even the nip-speaking ENs not want to bother with it. JP collabs definitely felt like a last resort back in the day because EN was so small and introverted. And speaking of introverted, we can't rule out that many of these women are probably too afraid/shy to reach out to the JPs anyway.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Yet when the Japanese speaking EN members collab with JP members, people bitch to high heaven about it not being in English. IRyS and Flare do a pretty regular Splatoon stream, and FAIL (Flare, Anya, IRyS, Luna) have been doing regular monthly streams for a bit.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Yet when the Japanese speaking EN members collab with JP members, people bitch to high heaven about it not being in English. IRyS and Flare do a pretty regular Splatoon stream, and FAIL (Flare, Anya, IRyS, Luna) have been doing regular monthly streams for a bit.
True, but people bitch about literally everything.
Male collabs? Unicorns bitch. No male collabs? Beggars bitch.
Streaming too much? They're being overworked! Not streaming? LAZY WHORES!
Does events? They're taking time away from streaming! Doesn't do events? The agency is neglecting them! Favoritism!
Collabs with other corpos? Leeches! Gatekeep! Doesn't collab with other corpos? Walled garden!
Plays niche games? Debuff! Nobody likes that! Plays popular games? Corposlop! FOTM trash!
Tries new things (like enreco)? It's gonna fucking flop! Doesn't try new things? They're becoming stale!

When you have such wide appeal and everyone is always watching your every move it's impossible to please more than 80% of people who voice their opinions.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
It isn't a big deal at all in the slightest or even a small deal, but I just wanna get some brainworms out of my head:

Ao visited her Aquarium today, which was cool.

I am surprised that Miko didnt say a thing
Because the other JP that loved Ame got terminated this year ( Maybe they can collab now since Rica isnt that busy )
For the rest i share my opinion with the guys above: unless you know Japanese collabing with them isnt worth it when you have Advent and Justice now

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
I've noticed that JP/EN interaction has tapered off in the last year, or at least it feels that way. 2021 and 2022 were the golden years for that. These days EN is included way more in full company events but doesn't have nearly as much one-on-one or group collabs as before. It kind of feels like Advent and Justice have brought enough people into HoloEN that they can just interact with each other, and reaching out to JP is much less out of necessity and more specific people who are already close.
However its the opposite for company events, so at least there's that.
I think that also has to do with the fact that out of Advent and Justice, only FuwaMoco actually speak Japanese, and they DO still collab with JP. Myth and CouncilRyS had:
Kiara (fluent), Ina (passable), Calli (learning), IRyS (fluent), Bae (fluent), and Sana (passable). If there were slowdowns, I would attribute it to that because the earlier gens are busier this year than last year, more than anything. Plus, not having everyone play Minecraft REALLY cuts down on interactions.

The game servers Pekora and now PekoMiko have done really boost the interactions, though. 2023 was pretty artificially boosted by Japan reopening and all the offcollabs, too.

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
So my current rrat is that she's gonna do a bunch of interesting & out there 3D mocap stuff with the end goal of turning Ame Studio into a separate company that Cover or any other company can contract, maybe hire some underlings to automate stuff once she's got processes figured out.
If her "3D studio" is just a spare room at her home/apartment, that severely limits what she can do commercially with it - let alone the local zoning laws that govern what kind of "at home" businesses you can do in your private domicile.

And renting out a commercial space to really set-up a small independent 3D mocap studio is going to be extremely expensive. Not too far-fetched if she saved as much as she can for the last 4 years but this is also the girl who felt so weird about superchats and people giving her money that she has it turned off by default most of the time and probably has to be begged by a manager to turn it on for specific streams so Cover can get their cut.,

I am surprised that Miko didnt say a thing
IIRC, Miko was fawning over Ame at the end of the HoloGTA event. That may have been it and most of the messages probably may have been offline - especially since this isn't officially a "graduation" and her new "affiliate" status is pretty much unexplored territory as far as Cover and the other talents are concerned.

Top Bottom