"Did you guys never had, like, dinner with your inanimate objects?"Kureiji Ollie

Yuri and Phase Connect seperation thread

Templeton

Find your own damn thesaurus!
The Lumi bit for archiving and ease of watching. When she started talking about friends and age gap I spit out thinking about Chibi. Imagine Yuri, Chibi and CL getting together.
:whatastory:

View attachment 21900

I was neutral at first but since Yuri behaves just like disgruntled ex-employee she lost my sympathy.
Finally sat down to actually listen to her. Someone asks her if her "Does this mean you and Yuri are getting a divorce?" and her response is "...I think I'm a widow". That hurts. Then she follows it up by saying people probably knew that the two of them were drifting apart and she didn't want to get in between Yuri and her new friends because Yuri seemed happier with them. That really hurt.

kestraline

Early Adopter
In some of the recent discourse I've seen one or two people saying they stopped watching her when she got the new model. I don't know what's wrong with the new model that would make people quit watching her. The wiggling ears were a bit annoying but her old model did that too IIRC.
It's not like it was the worst model a VTuber has ever done, it still resembled Yuri and was still a snow leopard.

Even Lumi's Veibae model is fixable if she wasn't so resistant on getting the face fixed (the most common complaint about it).

Now, let's remember the worst VTuber change... Nothing will ever top the Shizukou redesign in terms of how awful it was.
1682461075623.png

If you need a small reminder, this was the bitch who complained about having to change because nobody clipped her.
1682461181635.png

But yeah, Yuri's redesign really wasn't that bad. If only fishman let her return to the old model and only wiped the new model...

hololive ruined /jp/

Finally sat down to actually listen to her. Someone asks her if her "Does this mean you and Yuri are getting a divorce?" and her response is "...I think I'm a widow". That hurts. Then she follows it up by saying people probably knew that the two of them were drifting apart and she didn't want to get in between Yuri and her new friends because Yuri seemed happier with them. That really hurt.
of coure it was lumi's idea to stop ntr thursdays and that started the notable drift between the two.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Just throwing my own take out here into the Ether.

Fishman has fucked up repeatedly. That the Talents and even here are still saying Fishman good should be a tip off of the level of dedication he must put in.

The girls may or may not be business savvy but that's irrelevant if the fish was actually doing a terrible job the fallout would be much more apparent .

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Just throwing my own take out here into the Ether.

Fishman has fucked up repeatedly. That the Talents and even here are still saying Fishman good should be a tip off of the level of dedication he must put in.

The girls may or may not be business savvy but that's irrelevant if the fish was actually doing a terrible job the fallout would be much more apparent .
Sakana's worst offence is that he's a retard sometimes. He clearly went into this figuring shit out as he went along, as evidenced by the first year or so where everyone was fumbling around aimlessly until there was a problem, for him to then over-correct in response. Even to this day I think he's slacking, Idol have raised the bar in the level of investment a corpo should put into promoting their talents, while the Phase girls grow exclusively through word of mouth on here/Kiwi/vt.

But being retarded doesn't always mean being a bad person, and having extra talent managers now probably reduces the "hard to work with" baggage most autists of his nature come with. I believe the talents have come to genuinely respect him, if you're a cynic you could assume the responses to Yuri's termination are pushed by management (which frankly we have no way of knowing either way), but the way they'll playfully banter with/about him (hell, Lumi made an AI model of his voice last night, clearly as a wind-up) proves they like him as a person at the very least.

Spergatory

Early Adopter

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
I found a retard who somehow thinks Shiina (Phase Connect member) is somehow unaware of the Yuri termination details:

Archive
Edit: Rereading it I have no clue what they're trying to say.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
I found a retard who somehow thinks Shiina (Phase Connect member) is somehow unaware of the Yuri termination details:

Archive

Yeah, best to just ignore the kid. I'm afraid he's been brainwashed.
Screenshot_20230425_212605_Twitter.jpg

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Do I even want to know what the fuck desegregation Z means

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Why must the twitter freaks always take potshots like opportunistic vultures? They can't even talk about a termination without virtue signaling and attacking Pippa for being edgy.

Archive

The Scream Guy

Genuinely Mentally Handicapped

Archive

1682476340943.png

What did you expect?

edit: I see that I am late now

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter

Archive

zackyplays.PNG

I will hit children, just sayen :amepopcorn:

Sven

So just catching up on the parts of Kirsche I missed today and she talks a bit about Yuri, she doesn't have deep insider info obviously but was talking about how the deleting of everything in regards to Yuri pre-existing Phase is weird but doesn't know what is in the contract yada yada yada.

A lot of people bring up the "she existed before so why can they just steal her past" stuff and outside the obvious reason being she signed the character rights away when she joined the thought that just passed through my mind is what if Termination is the key word here.

I've seen a lot of she should just get to keep everything but then Invaders just becomes a revolving door of using Phase to potentially boost yourself, get free shit and then leaving but what if due to it distinctly being a contract violation that forfeiture of character rights is part of the cost. It also means it could be if you ride out your contracted period, 1 year is assumed but it could be a 2/3 year contract too, you can re-graduate out of Phase with the character if that is the case.

Anyway random rrat that came to me that I figured I'd dump, Lumi saying her and Yuri might have had different contracts just keeps bouncing around my head making me think about some random ass things.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
So just catching up on the parts of Kirsche I missed today and she talks a bit about Yuri, she doesn't have deep insider info obviously but was talking about how the deleting of everything in regards to Yuri pre-existing Phase is weird but doesn't know what is in the contract yada yada yada.

A lot of people bring up the "she existed before so why can they just steal her past" stuff and outside the obvious reason being she signed the character rights away when she joined the thought that just passed through my mind is what if Termination is the key word here.

I've seen a lot of she should just get to keep everything but then Invaders just becomes a revolving door of using Phase to potentially boost yourself, get free shit and then leaving but what if due to it distinctly being a contract violation that forfeiture of character rights is part of the cost. It also means it could be if you ride out your contracted period, 1 year is assumed but it could be a 2/3 year contract too, you can re-graduate out of Phase with the character if that is the case.

Anyway random rrat that came to me that I figured I'd dump, Lumi saying her and Yuri might have had different contracts just keeps bouncing around my head making me think about some random ass things.
I haven't commented on the IP ownership yet but I do have some thoughts.

There is nothing shady about Phase buying ownership of everything attached to the Amaris Yuri/Fuura Yuri name from her. Content ownership is valuable for countless reasons - financially from being able to monetise it, but particularly for the convenience of running a business. There is a reason nearly every entertainment company ever has both employees and contractors sign a work-for-hire agreement when working with them: letting individuals retain ownership of things they've worked on becomes a logistical nightmare, especially if it continues over time. Without full ownership of the material, the company may have to renegotiate terms with the individual for every rerelease, compilation/highlight video, content usage policy update, merch line etc..

If you've ever wondered why you'll sometimes see remastered video games or reissued blu-rays/streaming versions of TV shows and films swap out original music from the soundtrack, as an example, it's likely because the full rights weren't properly secured at the time the original was made, and they weren't able to reach a new agreement with the the individual copyright holders (or their estate, if they've since passed away). Work-for-hire's become industry standard in recent years specifically to futureproof media and to avoid these kinds of situations.

With YouTube/Twitch content I find it counterproductive on Phase's part to DFE as that's material that could otherwise continue to be monetised via advertisement revenue, so I'd guess either they agreed the revenue share in the contract would expire when she leaves the company which would complicate things, or she asked for it to be taken down and Phase are honouring the request as a courtesy.

I'd also advise any already-established and successful talent against going corpo, because signing over the rights to your material reduces (and judging by this termination, puts an expiry date on) one of the most beneficial things you can have in life: a passive income stream. Letting cash trickle in through ad revenue from vods, Spotify music streams, and random merch sales obviously isn't going to be as lucrative as actively streaming every day and receiving donations in the moment, but if you're sick and unable to stream for a while then being able to keep 100% of that revenue rather than just getting a chunk of it could easily be the difference between an inconvenience and a genuine financial hardship. Passive income also means I can work a cushty do-nothing job and watch my oshi live even though she streams in the middle of the fucking night while still, y'know, being able to afford food.

Also on the last thought there, it would not surprise me at all if Yuri and Lumi had different contracts. I've never really understood why when I see people speculate about talent contracts it's always under the assumption everyone in the company has the same terms. Contract negotiations almost never work like that.

Last edited:

cucurut

Have a bunch of screenshots from official phase discord. Things of note: archiving videos, existence of "hostage migration server" which is openly shilled, presence of PrussianBot.

Also given Yuri asking to keep in touch with friends, most likely she already has some content creation plans for future and wants to keep the core of community. They probably involve something Phase doesn't want to be associated with. Deletion seems like forced by contract, but performed by Yuri (at least on Twitch). I'm calling it now, in a few months if she makes it big enough to show up on radar we will see significant portion of her flesh.

Being a flesh streamer is admitting failure, that the most interesting thing about you is your tits and your streaming content is not interesting enough on its own merits. I hope that's not the case, but if it is, good luck to her but I'm not remotely interested.
I'm not opposed to coomerbaiting and whoring out, but it's clear that's not what Phase wants to be. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it, but Yuri posted on twitter this photo of herself which she deleted shortly after. This + "keep in contact with friends" + "I can't say" from screenshot + "migration server" + Prussian + deleting all but that one VOD where she prophesizes "end of phase" + termination instead of graduation paints to me picture of someone wanting to change content and being disgruntled because she was not allowed to.
1681252659142083.jpg
(source)

Attachments

• 07.png
    07.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 06.png
    06.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 05.png
    05.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 04.png
    04.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 03_2.png
    03_2.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 03_1.png
    03_1.png
    194.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 02.png
    02.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I'm calling it now, in a few months if she makes it big enough to show up on radar we will see significant portion of her flesh.
Imagine looking at Lumi and the rest of Phase, comparing them to her previous genmates from Cyberlive who are all irrelevant two-views, and saying: "you know what, Ayane and Kunohara have the right idea here, I'll do what they're doing".

Being a flesh streamer is admitting failure, that the most interesting thing about you is your tits and your streaming content is not interesting enough on its own merits. I hope that's not the case, but if it is, good luck to her but I'm not remotely interested.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
we will see significant portion of her flesh.
She better look top shelf or I will have no mercy! We had a few good times Yuri, but once you go full thot your body and appearance are fair game for criticism :WHORE!!!:

nightowl

Who?
Sakana has made mistakes, but let's not act like he's the only one running Phase Connect. There are people who aren't interacting with the fans that work for them too. Lumi did mention they hired a few new managers recently to work in separate lanes (e.g. one for music, etc.), so I imagine they're growing and working on competing with idol corp's growth as well.

Templeton

Find your own damn thesaurus!
Have a bunch of screenshots from official phase discord. Things of note: archiving videos, existence of "hostage migration server" which is openly shilled, presence of PrussianBot.

Also given Yuri asking to keep in touch with friends, most likely she already has some content creation plans for future and wants to keep the core of community. They probably involve something Phase doesn't want to be associated with. Deletion seems like forced by contract, but performed by Yuri (at least on Twitch). I'm calling it now, in a few months if she makes it big enough to show up on radar we will see significant portion of her flesh.

I'm not opposed to coomerbaiting and whoring out, but it's clear that's not what Phase wants to be. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it, but Yuri posted on twitter this photo of herself which she deleted shortly after. This + "keep in contact with friends" + "I can't say" from screenshot + "migration server" + Prussian + deleting all but that one VOD where she prophesizes "end of phase" + termination instead of graduation paints to me picture of someone wanting to change content and being disgruntled because she was not allowed to.
1681252659142083.jpg
(source)
Just to give a little bit of pushback, at least regarding the body shot stuff, Nasa posted a full body shot of herself back in November and it's still up.

It won't show up in the embed because she flagged the picture as sensitive. At least I think that's why.
1682511915278.png
FibQ_oRVUAAdsjN
I would argue that Nasa's is worse for privacy reasons. Either way it's not something Fishman has said fully no to so it just kinda makes things a little more murky.

Top Bottom