"Oh yeah. Toaster bath bomb, that's where it's at. Let's goooo!"Ouro Kronii

Yuri and Phase Connect seperation thread

cucurut

Just to give a little bit of pushback, at least regarding the body shot stuff, Nasa posted a full body shot of herself back in November and it's still up.

It won't show up in the embed because she flagged the picture as sensitive. At least I think that's why.
View attachment 22125
FibQ_oRVUAAdsjN
I would argue that Nasa's is worse for privacy reasons. Either way it's not something Fishman has said fully no to so it just kinda makes things a little more murky.

I also don't think picture is that much of the deal especially because it was posted after she knew about graduation and iirc the tweet said it will be deleted soon.

I believe in content change into something not fitting phase, but what exactly would that be is up in the air. Maybe steaming both as flesh and avatar, maybe whoring up, maybe cranking up parasociality/fan interaction up to 11(grooming), maybe making streams even more chill(boring). I'm curious what has fishman discovered that turned money-making graduation stream into sharp termination.

The Scream Guy

Genuinely Mentally Handicapped
Just to give a little bit of pushback, at least regarding the body shot stuff, Nasa posted a full body shot of herself back in November and it's still up.

It won't show up in the embed because she flagged the picture as sensitive. At least I think that's why.
View attachment 22125
FibQ_oRVUAAdsjN
I would argue that Nasa's is worse for privacy reasons. Either way it's not something Fishman has said fully no to so it just kinda makes things a little more murky.

Damn wtf Nasa cute irl and chuuba? As expected of Nasa

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Rosa Coatl has chimed in and taken the "it's not fair PC gets to take an indie's identity away" line.

So I guess lucid let her keep her rights to her Rosa identity then?

I think this take doesn't take into account that Phase did a lot for Yuri while she was there. Beyond just more CCV associated with being with a larger corpo, there was also the new model, the merch, the Super Idol MV, and probably lots of other things I'm forgetting. It would have been expensive and difficult for Yuri to do those projects on her own had she remained an indie. This absolutely wasn't a case where PC just took her identity and a cut of her money and did nothing in return. If Yuri wants to keep vtuber as opposed to quitting or becoming a fleshtuber (if that rrat is true) or flipping burgers, then surely the best outcome for both her and PC would be for them to have kept working together. Maybe there's a chance she'll blow up as an indie or get scooped up by an even bigger corpo and I'll eat these words but I doubt it.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Rosa Coatl has chimed in and taken the "it's not fair PC gets to take an indie's identity away" line.

I think this take doesn't take into account that Phase did a lot for Yuri while she was there. Beyond just more CCV associated with being with a larger corpo, there was also the new model, the merch, the Super Idol MV, and probably lots of other things I'm forgetting. It would have been expensive and difficult for Yuri to do those projects on her own had she remained an indie. This absolutely wasn't a case where PC just took her identity and a cut of her money and did nothing in return. If Yuri wants to keep vtuber as opposed to quitting or becoming a fleshtuber (if that rrat is true) or flipping burgers, then surely the best outcome for both her and PC would be for them to have kept working together. Maybe there's a chance she'll blow up as an indie or get scooped up by an even bigger corpo and I'll eat these words but I doubt it.

I think people need to take Lumi's "every contract is different" to heart. And I agree, with others that what Lumi said is probably calculated and meaningful. Anyone joining PC will have to look at their own contract anyways. I bet this will be a new time loop every couple days of some genius on twitter positing "gee ya know she was an in-dee why she gotta lose her model?" Either way, Yuri chose to sign up and chose her actions.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Lol at how many act like Yuri was held at gunpoint to sign the contracts and then was pushed out as if PC benefits at all from kicking out a talent and keeping their models and shit with nothing to do with them. Yuri made her decision upon signing her contract, made whatever decisions she did that apparently violated said contract, and then seemingly made her decision to not come to an agreement with Phase to possibly rectify what she did. We don't have any of this information, nor do any of these spergs crying on Twitter over it, but from all the evidence we've seen, the fault lies with her. I have no ill-will toward Yuri, and I will miss her, but everything shows this is on her.

And a big lmao to most of these nobodies claiming they'd never sign over rights to their one or two view shit to join a corpo. Guarantee if a corpo came to them with a nice contract full of goodies like money, updated models, convention spots, merch, name recognition, etc, these people would tell themselves they could follow the rules and sign the same day. Give me a break.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Lol at how many act like Yuri was held at gunpoint to sign the contracts and then was pushed out as if PC benefits at all from kicking out a talent and keeping their models and shit with nothing to do with them. Yuri made her decision upon signing her contract, made whatever decisions she did that apparently violated said contract, and then seemingly made her decision to not come to an agreement with Phase to possibly rectify what she did. We don't have any of this information, nor do any of these spergs crying on Twitter over it, but from all the evidence we've seen, the fault lies with her. I have no ill-will toward Yuri, and I will miss her, but everything shows this is on her.

And a big lmao to most of these nobodies claiming they'd never sign over rights to their one or two view shit to join a corpo. Guarantee if a corpo came to them with a nice contract full of goodies like money, updated models, convention spots, merch, name recognition, etc, these people would tell themselves they could follow the rules and sign the same day. Give me a break.
These people do not seem to understand that Yuri is a legal adult and her signatures on contracts actually mean something, even if the clauses were predatory it was her decision to sign the rights away, people make choices and they have to face the consequences, that's how life works.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
inb4 actual contract somehow leaks and we find out she would've kept her model had she graduated instead of getting terimnated for maximum funny

It'll never happen, but wishful thinking ain't all bad.

Kalion

:)
This is me tossing out pure conjecture here, but was Yuri ever really happy with her character? She said on stream that she was not the first choice to pilot Yuri, only getting the character when one of the first choices in Cyberlive dropped out. Then there was the Vei-style redesign and re-doing of her lore, along with changing the last name.
I think there's a big possibility she just plain didn't want to keep the character. This is a chance for her to pop back up later with a character of her own design she's happy with.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
These people do not seem to understand that Yuri is a legal adult and her signatures on contracts actually mean something, even if the clauses were predatory it was her decision to sign the rights away, people make choices and they have to face the consequences, that's how life works.
There is a limiting factor in that "unconscionable" terms are not enforceable, but that means a lot more than "your honor, this part turned out bad for me."

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
There is a limiting factor in that "unconscionable" terms are not enforceable, but that means a lot more than "your honor, this part turned out bad for me."
I am let's say (as to not powerlevel), familiar, with the law and I can tell you that giving up the IP is nowhere near that "unconscionable" line, all contracts can be contested of course, even the fairest of them, but most of the time you're just gonna be told "bro you signed that shit and it's on you to stick to the terms". I'm also learned on romano-germanic civil law, not filthy canadian common law so maybe I'm wrong though contracts in general tend to be a pretty universal figure in law.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
On a totally unrelated note, Lumi is premiering an edited video of the Sons of the Forest collab she did with Pippa, Yuri, and Kirsche! And I think the thumbnail is great and totally normal! It's not missing anyone in particular!

1682557872309.png

Templeton

Find your own damn thesaurus!

She wasn't an indie tho. She worked for Cyberlive before her and Lumi jumped ship right before Cyberlive went under. Amaris Yuri and the original model only exists because of Cyberlive.
On a totally unrelated note, Lumi is premiering an edited video of the Sons of the Forest collab she did with Pippa, Yuri, and Kirsche! And I think the thumbnail is great and totally normal! It's not missing anyone in particular!

Can't help but notice that a certain pudge cat is missing from the thumbnail...

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
She wasn't an indie tho. She worked for Cyberlive before her and Lumi jumped ship right before Cyberlive went under. Amaris Yuri and the original model only exists because of Cyberlive.
Well, there was about two weeks between when they did their graduation streams from CL and when they were announced as PC invaders, during which they streamed independently. See: https://virtualyoutuber.fandom.com/wiki/Fuura_Yuri

Templeton

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I think that describing that 2 week period as them being independent is a very generous way to put it.
No, it's accurate. To hear tell, Fish didn't approach them until they'd left completely. It wasn't something that was brewed up while they were still at CyberLive.

Templeton

No, it's accurate. To hear tell, Fish didn't approach them until they'd left completely. It wasn't something that was brewed up while they were still at CyberLive.
While I'm a little dubious of that, just given the nature of writing up contracts and how Lumi insists that each contract is different, I'll take your word for it. Fishman really doesn't like to be seen as a head hunter given the fallout from Tsunderia shutting doors.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

I am going to, again, ask everyone to ARCHIVE anything that has the possibility of being deleted. This is one such thing. Roza is a corpo vtuber publicly criticising another corpo; this is a big deal and she may either be pressured into deleting it, or have her own company remove it on her behalf to avoid drama.

As for the tweets themselves, I've long stopped caring for these emotionally-driven reactions. Is it "kinda fucked" to have to hand over the rights to your IP for this arrangement? For some people, probably. I wouldn't join under that arrangement personally. But this is business, the contract's there to read, and you can either agree with the terms and sign it, or disagree with the terms and not.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
I am going to, again, ask everyone to ARCHIVE anything that has the possibility of being deleted. This is one such thing. Roza is a corpo vtuber publicly criticising another corpo; this is a big deal and she may either be pressured into deleting it, or have her own company remove it on her behalf to avoid drama.

As for the tweets themselves, I've long stopped caring for these emotionally-driven reactions. Is it "kinda fucked" to have to hand over the rights to your IP for this arrangement? For some people, probably. I wouldn't join under that arrangement personally. But this is business, the contract's there to read, and you can either agree with the terms and sign it, or disagree with the terms and not.
ooooookaaaaaaaaay
Roza: but she was indie dur dur dur

cucurut

This is me tossing out pure conjecture here, but was Yuri ever really happy with her character? She said on stream that she was not the first choice to pilot Yuri, only getting the character when one of the first choices in Cyberlive dropped out. Then there was the Vei-style redesign and re-doing of her lore, along with changing the last name.
I think there's a big possibility she just plain didn't want to keep the character. This is a chance for her to pop back up later with a character of her own design she's happy with.
I read about it somewhere on /vt/ and heard on her stream she requested adjustable tits in her latest model. But even if true.... ultimately she was the one who decided to be invader instead of going full rebrand and did not push hard for changes she likes during redesign.

I m ight be misremembering but I'm pretty sure her second model does have adjustable boobs, at least a bigger and small toggle or something.
Yes, she has fully adjustable boobs in her latest model because she requested it.

Last edited:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
I read about it somewhere on /vt/ and heard on her stream she requested adjustable tits in her latest model
I m ight be misremembering but I'm pretty sure her second model does have adjustable boobs, at least a bigger and small toggle or something.

Top Bottom