"I feel like I'm displaying excessive wealth by shopping at 7/11"Pipkin Pippa

Vidya Games Thread

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Today I learned that:
1)
Battlebit Remastered is a game designed by a bunch of schizophrenic faggots who think Operation Locker 24/7 on Battlefield 4 was the pinnacle of videogames, and nobody should play it.
It is the worst possible combination of Battlefield gameplay elements, and tacticool airsoft larper retardation. The time to kill is basically one frame because the netcode is ass, and everyone moves at Kenyan murder machine speeds? Well, if the medic wants to revive someone, they need to stop, pull out the medkit, and hold down a button on them for three seconds. You want to reload your gun? Well, that's another three seconds. So Jimmy Cracktoddler is playing fucking Starsiege Tribes on the other side of the map flying towards me to jump around the corner and delete me before I can get halfway through the reload. And the game has the Roblox aesthetic so you can't tell which team people are on based on outfit silhouettes, and the friend/foe UI is these TINY fucking blue dots over teammates that you can see through terrain, but completely blend into the sky. The maps are also terrible and I'm sure they were made to look good instead of play well. There's a bunch of other retarded shit like guns having random spread, the flagship mode of the game being 127v127 on maps smaller than a Battlefield 2 map, the maps having more shrubbery and tall grass than Vietnam so you can't see anyone who decides to camp, the progression taking like 500 hours to get all the guns, sometimes with 50 levels of no unlocks whatsoever, some of the worst UI design I've seen in my life, the game RECORDING ALL OF YOUR VOICE CHAT SO THEY CAN BAN YOU LATER (hope to Christ they don't have a data breach), the anti-cheat not working, etc..

I refuse to believe this game had like 35 fucking open playtests and people actually liked and supported this garbage. This is a half-assed Roblox subgame, that they've worked on for four years or some shit, that cannot be fixed without fundamentally reworking the entire thing, that they're charging $15 for, and will only up the price once they get further along in Early Access.

2)
You should never let your guard down, because that guy is always coming to ruin your fun.
Friend of a friend ruined an entire Project Zomboid playthrough by being a tryhard autist and spending six hours watching and reading every guide he could find for the game before he bought it. Joined our 99% blind, default settings playthrough late after doing all that, demanded we changed settings to "what the youtuber said they should be", guy running the server relented just to get him to shut the fuck up. At which point autismo digitally trooned out and speedran the game, before getting bitten over doing something incredibly retarded that he was warned not to do. And then he sperged out about the game being shit, and how he doesn't want to re-read all of the books and re-train skills, and that we should play with a mod that makes dying not matter so much. In a game where surviving is the only point. At which point the playthrough was shelved, because what's the point, he already spoiled the whole meta of the game to everyone.

And now we can't get him to leave and he keeps going on these 10 minute monologues about how he only plays the most skill-intensive videogames, and never touches singleplayer games because "you don't play them, you just watch them".

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
I got battlebit after seeing several youtubers like Bigfry hype it up. I really don't like the ttk and map size as well. Debating about refunding.

Schockwellenreiter

Dr. Negro Cortex
You should never let your guard down, because that guy is always coming to ruin your fun.
Friend of a friend ruined an entire Project Zomboid playthrough by being a tryhard autist and spending six hours watching and reading every guide he could find for the game before he bought it. Joined our 99% blind, default settings playthrough late after doing all that, demanded we changed settings to "what the youtuber said they should be", guy running the server relented just to get him to shut the fuck up. At which point autismo digitally trooned out and speedran the game, before getting bitten over doing something incredibly retarded that he was warned not to do. And then he sperged out about the game being shit, and how he doesn't want to re-read all of the books and re-train skills, and that we should play with a mod that makes dying not matter so much. In a game where surviving is the only point. At which point the playthrough was shelved, because what's the point, he already spoiled the whole meta of the game to everyone.

And now we can't get him to leave and he keeps going on these 10 minute monologues about how he only plays the most skill-intensive videogames, and never touches singleplayer games because "you don't play them, you just watch them".
Gatekeep your gaming group. Don't let some femboy ruin you engagement and enjoyment. I know how frustrating it can be.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
How does the quote go? "Given the chance, gamers will optimize all the fun out of their own experience?"
The secret with Zomboid is that the endgame is the worst part. Rushing to it makes no sense. Once you've established yourself with good skills, a good base, and renewable utilities the only thing really left to do is grab a rifle and see how big a horde you can take on before they bite you because there's nothing left to do. You can stretch it out on multiplayer by organising more and more elaborate bases, but once you've conquered Louisville it's still back to square one where all the fun is in the day-to-day survival and building.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Each of the three ME games had something they were the best at (exploration/role playing/customizability, plot/characterization, gameplay/multiplayer) and the worst at (UI/inventory, exploration/customizability, plot/endings).

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
More Resident Evil 6.

moving here to ask this, but is RE6 any good as a coop game? I heard the story is bad, but if it's a good time coop then I'd definitely be willing to give it a shot. I loved playing RE5 with friends, so many good memories come from that game.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
moving here to ask this, but is RE6 any good as a coop game? I heard the story is bad, but if it's a good time coop then I'd definitely be willing to give it a shot. I loved playing RE5 with friends, so many good memories come from that game.
it's not bad as a game, it is bad as a "resident evil" game, co-op or not it's fun if you commit to learning it, it's mostly annoying for the QTEs but you get used to it, it gets 10x better when you unlock infinite ammo.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Its a bit of a mess. The game tries to do everything and fucks it up. The progression system and inventory is way worse than 5 (which itself wasn't as good as 4, but 6 is WAY worse). The campaigns each have their pros and cons but I would say that the Chris campaign is fun in co-op while the Ada campaign is fun solo. Leon's is a mix bag and Jake's is hot shit.

They did have cool 4 player co-op segments that they'd do again in DMC5 though. So there was cool ideas, but its a mess

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
The progression system and inventory is way worse than 5 (which itself wasn't as good as 4, but 6 is WAY worse).
i have mixed feelings for the inventory, it's the same size as 5 afaik, but you have every gun in your inventory at one point (guaranteed on new game+) which makes most players try to pick up ammo for every gun, which you really should just pick 3 guns to get ammo for (until you get infinite ammo and when you do then only pick up herbs and healing sprays).
The campaigns each have their pros and cons but I would say that the Chris campaign is fun in co-op while the Ada campaign is fun solo. Leon's is a mix bag and Jake's is hot shit.
if you're playing solo you should go with: helena for leon's campaign, piers for chris's campaign and sherry for jake's campaign, they have an easier time with bullshit than leon, chris and jake, on co-op it only matters if one player sucks too much, then the shittier player should get the easier character.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
it's not bad as a game, it is bad as a "resident evil" game, co-op or not it's fun if you commit to learning it, it's mostly annoying for the QTEs but you get used to it, it gets 10x better when you unlock infinite ammo.
QTEs are the worst part of any game, aside from maybe Asura's Wrath (but that's because it played into them and failing them wasn't an instant game over.) You can't tell me mashing a button so Chris can punch a fucking rock is fun. It's a funny thought. And of course infinite ammo makes it better, it's infinite ammo.
Its a bit of a mess. The game tries to do everything and fucks it up. The progression system and inventory is way worse than 5 (which itself wasn't as good as 4, but 6 is WAY worse). The campaigns each have their pros and cons but I would say that the Chris campaign is fun in co-op while the Ada campaign is fun solo. Leon's is a mix bag and Jake's is hot shit.

They did have cool 4 player co-op segments that they'd do again in DMC5 though. So there was cool ideas, but its a mess
You mean where you can see other players progress through a different level as the other characters in DMC5? That was pretty neat, and the one where you and two others actually fought together was really cool. Too bad I played only as Vergil after a point. lol Bury The Light just came on as I typed this part. Inventory was pretty ass in RE5, yeah, but you get used to it after a point.
If the game in its entirety isn't good, then I probably won't bother too much.
i have mixed feelings for the inventory, it's the same size as 5 afaik, but you have every gun in your inventory at one point (guaranteed on new game+) which makes most players try to pick up ammo for every gun, which you really should just pick 3 guns to get ammo for (until you get infinite ammo and when you do then only pick up herbs and healing sprays).

if you're playing solo you should go with: helena for leon's campaign, piers for chris's campaign and sherry for jake's campaign, they have an easier time with bullshit than leon, chris and jake, on co-op it only matters if one player sucks too much, then the shittier player should get the easier character.
Choosing your characters actually matter? I mean, they did sometimes in 5, but not very often. That's... interesting.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Fuck yes, just toggle on the setting to auto-completes most QTEs and go wild. The gameplay is actually really fucking good, and the setpieces are so incredibly retarded and over the top that they activate the primordial part of the brain that activates in response to 80s action movies. Turn on friendly fire/hit reactions as well for extra fun.
Choosing your characters actually matter? I mean, they did sometimes in 5, but not very often. That's... interesting.
In 6 characters have one or multiple unique weapons their partner can't get. Leon gets dual wielded pistols, Helena gets the Hydra shotgun, Chris gets an AR and pistol, Piers gets an SMG and a bootleg Halo sniper rifle, Jake gets FUCKING WESKER KUNG FU, and Sherry gets a stun baton. Ada gets a compact SMG and crossbow, and Agent gets fucked.

Oh yeah, and like RE5, their melee moves are different in damage and hitboxes. Somehow Sherry has the best melee moves in the game despite being a tiny white woman, and her partner being KUNG FU MASTER JAKE

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
QTEs are the worst part of any game
it's only on some instances a game over, otherwise its just a way of avoiding damage/insta-killing some enemies (mainly bloodshots).
You mean where you can see other players progress through a different level as the other characters in DMC5?
you have 3 different scenarios per campaign were you can play with another group of people that reached the same scenario at the same time you did, you have to do things together then you split up.
there are times where you spit up and leon, chris and jake get more game over QTEs than their partners, they also have to fight bosses up close, unlike helena , piers and sherry.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Fuck yes, just toggle on the setting to auto-completes most QTEs and go wild. The gameplay is actually really fucking good, and the setpieces are so incredibly retarded and over the top that they activate the primordial part of the brain that activates in response to 80s action movies. Turn on friendly fire/hit reactions as well for extra fun.
Thank fuck they have auto complete QTEs. I could use a game to turn my brain off to.
it's only on some instances a game over, otherwise its just a way of avoiding damage/insta-killing some enemies (mainly bloodshots).
Point still stands, fuck QTEs.
you have 3 different scenarios per campaign were you can play with another group of people that reached the same scenario at the same time you did, you have to do things together then you split up.
Sounds neat actually. Kinda wish more games did dumb little things like this, but I get the feeling it isn't easy to do.

Also since we're on the topic of RE games, one of the worst things I've ever done to myself was finish RE4 on the Wii. Never got another game on that thing again outside of Wii sports because of it.:pikameepain:
Actually, that's a lie. I also got World at War on it as well. Only played it like, once though.

Last edited:

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
I want resident evil outbreak file 1 & 2 remaster/remake...is that so much to ask for japanese jesus? :takocope:

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
Each of the three ME games had something they were the best at (exploration/role playing/customizability, plot/characterization, gameplay/multiplayer) and the worst at (UI/inventory, exploration/customizability, plot/endings).
Which game that does plot/endings right?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I want resident evil outbreak file 1 & 2 remaster/remake...is that so much to ask for japanese jesus? :takocope:
They're gonna run out of mainline RE games to remake, eventually, so the chance is always there

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
There's actually a private server for it, playable on real hardware and emulator https://obsrv.org/ I personally never played the series, so I can't go autismo about it. Looks like the creator released the source code also, but it's pretty involved setting it up

Moff Albert

The Brown Hornet is my oshi
Calli's Husband
They're gonna run out of mainline RE games to remake, eventually, so the chance is always there
Nah nah nah, you don't understand the remake business model at all.

What's gonna happen is when they run out of mainline games, they'll start making remakes of the remakes for the next generation of consoles and graphics cards.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

What's gonna happen is when they run out of mainline games, they'll start making remakes of the remakes for the next generation of consoles and graphics cards.
No one is quite ready for the post-Starfield game being a 4K Remaster of Skyrim before Elder Scrolls 6 releases.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter

You joke, but there are rumors that they want to remake the first resident evil remake. :depressedtako:

Though, last I check code veronica is getting something.

Top Bottom