"OK let's go burn a building bwahahaha lol"Noir Vesper

Vidya Games Thread

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Volume 2 of this collection better fucking have Guns of the Patriots, that shit has been locked to PS3 for way too goddamn long.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
I remember the mgs collection on ps3 having 1-4, peace walker, and mg1-2.

Sucks they're doing two vols but at least mgs ip is getting something now then being dead.

Zapan1984

I hope so, too as it is the only MGS game i never played

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Volume 2 of this collection better fucking have Guns of the Patriots, that shit has been locked to PS3 for way too goddamn long.
No, that accursed piece of shit deserves to stay locked away on the PS3. I will not stand for a remaster of a game where a man, pisses, shids and fards his way into stealing Snake's love interest.

It emulates decently well if you have a monster CPU.

Jokes aside, Vol2 is probably MGS4, PW and probably both MGSV's packed and still unfinished. PoOps still lost to the annals of time, or maybe as an extra game, even though it's kinda important canonically, but also half of it isn't canon at the same time, I wish Kojima wasn't a retard.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I was slightly confused by the trailer, but are MGS2 and 3 the original versions and not the enhanced ones?

I know it's a pipe dream but I still find it lame that we are likely never to get the online portions. I never played 3s and would be curious while 4s was dope and should not be forgotten.

Same thing happened with Uncharted and Mass Effect. And dare I say in Mass Effect 3s case the MP was the best part and essentially half of the game. I can appreciate that these games are getting ported to modern consoles but I'd still prefer the "full" games.

Kalion

:)

You can get all three Blaster Master Zero games for under $20 on the platform of your choice.
If you loved the NES game back in the day you will absolutely love these.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I was slightly confused by the trailer, but are MGS2 and 3 the original versions and not the enhanced ones?
No, it's the HD Collection ones, which are Substance/Subsistence with some of the crossover shit and minigames removed.

MGO2 also got revived by the community and there's a separate jailbroken PS3 and PC emulated community to play it.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
You'll never get official hd version of the tony hawk mgs 2 minigame...

Why intake oxygen? :fishmandispair:

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Vol2 is probably MGS4, PW and probably both MGSV's packed and still unfinished. PoOps still lost to the annals of time, or maybe as an extra game, even though it's kinda important canonically, but also half of it isn't canon at the same time, I wish Kojima wasn't a retard.
Inb4 Volume 2 is a giant troll and the only games included are Acid 1+2, Ghost Babel, and Survive.
:SelenHAHAhere:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Inb4 Volume 2 is a giant troll and the only games included are Acid 1+2, Ghost Babel, and Survive.
:SelenHAHAhere:
Fuck, I'd take a Survive multiplayer revival over another copy of broke dick MGSV.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

As someone who likes to do no-kill runs, I also want to know if MGS1 will have the The Two Snakes content, specifically the tranq guns.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
1687446533926.png a
Okay, if they're so low-effort that they can't even be bothered to implement proper keyboard and mouse controls, I don't know how optimistic I am for Volume 2 having an MGS4 port.
1687446965251.png
1687446899805.png

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
View attachment 31984 a
Okay, if they're so low-effort that they can't even be bothered to implement proper keyboard and mouse controls, I don't know how optimistic I am for Volume 2 having an MGS4 port.
Leaks say MGS 4, PW and 5.

Allah forgive me for linking to IGN.

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
I enjoyed the graphics and gameplay of V at the time. Not my favorite in the series, but I thought with a little more refinement the gameplay could've been more amazing. I do hate however that they made it with 360/ps3 in mind, so we never got the big war conclusion that would've happened near the end. Instead of an awkward silent jeep drive to a cutscene.
I remember also being excited for death stranding, but honestly wasn't amazed with it. It got Kojima charm, but I felt the walking simulator stuff wasn't too interesting to me. Not saying it's bad or anything, just felt like it needed something else with it. Combat and stealth stuff was kind of barebones. I just watched it instead as a movie on youtube and was more entertaining to me that way.

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
It's Konami. Being complete dogshit is the company standard.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
I've been having more fun with Holocure, than most games I paid for recently...is that a bad thing or is it my vtubertism?....probably my vtubertism :ponrys::ponrys::ponrys::ponrys:

yeah me

dirty grey in chat
the game RECORDING ALL OF YOUR VOICE CHAT SO THEY CAN BAN YOU LATER (hope to Christ they don't have a data breach), the anti-cheat not working, etc..
See this is why I don't pay for multiplayer games past the 2010s. I'm not dropping 60 dollars just so I can be banned for having fun or saying a gamer word.

To that end, pirates who manage to fool anticheats or hack their way into these servers without ever paying for an account are based and I don't care if most are also running fly hacks or bots so they can ruin the days of paying customers. You get what you fucking deserve.
How does the quote go? "Given the chance, gamers will optimize all the fun out of their own experience?"
That's the mode for every game developed now, balance and optimize until you've balanced all the fun straight out and reduced the game to a predictable routine of actions that must be done in order, every time. At which point, why even bother? There's no way a player can set themselves apart from the millions of other flunkies doing the same thing and it doesn't take long before it gets repetitive and boring.

There was this game I played a long time ago, a browser/MUD style game that was based on Grendel and Beowulf. It was wildly unbalanced, but that's exactly why everyone at the time loved it, because while it was punishingly difficult and unfair, and your character could permadie a thousand different bullshit ways, if you played right and used your head, you could become a literal god and start crushing everyone around you until you alone were in command of a server. Then the dev would reset and everyone would start over to do it all again.

Spells in that game felt like actual magic with real power rather than just another move that does 3d10 damage. If you threw a fireball for instance, sure you might damage a player, or you might burn up all their expensive, hard-won armor and weapons, or you might just instantly turn them into a pile of ash. If you learned a paralysis spell, it wasn't "you stun player for x amount of turns". No, it was really that guy is now paralyzed lol, do whatever you want because he's fucked unless someone heals him. You could learn abilities that let you permanently drain another player's stats. Combine that with the aforementioned paralysis spell, and you could bully the shit out of your enemies by making them watch as you slowly reduced their stats to the negative numbers, making their character's unplayable even if somehow they did get cured. And if you got the morph ability, you could turn yourself permanently into another NPC, player, or boss monster, taking on all of their spells, abilities, and stats. It led to some amazing moments and actual player lore where people would pass around stories of different things people did in this server or that.

It helped that the dev and the player community refused to hold anyone's hands or reveal any secrets to the game at the time. If new players begged to be spoonfed, they'd get told to figure it out. Sure that made plenty quit but it also provided mystery to things, and it encouraged a sort of knowledge arms race, where if you found a tactic that worked, you protected it religiously, until someone else figured it out, then you'd experiment toward the next thing.

You rarely get shit like that anymore, because everyone's so obsessed with balance and data and having everything laid out for them, until there's nothing interesting, special, or surprising. It's just do this thing, follow this formula, and win. Step out of line, get reported for throwing.

tl;dr and at the risk of sounding trite, I miss the old days.

Top Bottom