"My mom is telling her friends I’m a self-made entrepreneur while my job is eating soap and grasshoppers on YouTube livestream"Mozumi Pichi

Vidya Games Thread

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
I really can't get used to smite despite being a moba junkie

Maybe its the ass that's distracting me

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Smite was the only MOBA I could actually get into. Used to play it a lot years ago (I think I started when Isis was the new character), then the changes of one of the seasons made me quit for like 2 or 3 years. Reinstalled it a few years back, but I never played it seriously since then. Mostly just play it with some friends when they want to play it from time-to-time.

Awoogers

Smite was the only MOBA I could actually get into. Used to play it a lot years ago (I think I started when Isis was the new character), then the changes of one of the seasons made me quit for like 2 or 3 years. Reinstalled it a few years back, but I never played it seriously since then. Mostly just play it with some friends when they want to play it from time-to-time.
Yeah it's been fun I'll get used to the controls as time goes on

I've played paladins this is not my first rodeo nor my first hi rez game

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
did they remove Ares yet? haha funny teamwide cc that forces you into perfect position to be bombed by every single ability they have ready. Hope you have the one counter to this ready and off cooldown.

Awoogers

did they remove Ares yet? haha funny teamwide cc that forces you into perfect position to be bombed by every single ability they have ready. Hope you have the one counter to this ready and off cooldown.
I played against an ares yesterday

We lost

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
He was partially one of the reasons why I quit for a few years. More specifically, the changes to the actives that made countering big CCs like that much less frequent or something like that. There were other reasons, but that was something that annoyed me a lot at the time.

Awoogers

He was partially one of the reasons why I quit for a few years. More specifically, the changes to the actives that made countering big CCs like that much less frequent or something like that. There were other reasons, but that was something that annoyed me a lot at the time.
I haven't had issues with it im somewhat new despite having this account for years

And I'm a filthy izanami player

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
they tried to get into esports with broken shit like that i really want to like hi rez but what the fuck are they even doing and ares was one of the first gods out theres no reason for them to not have nerfed or rebalanced his ass by now there is no counterplay to his ultimate you are just automatically locked into it.

wouldn't surprise me if there are other just as annoying ones by now.

Used to have the unlock all gods pass on my account wonder if it still works. I used to main Quetz and Ullr.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

they tried to get into esports with broken shit like that i really want to like hi rez but what the fuck are they even doing and ares was one of the first gods out theres no reason for them to not have nerfed or rebalanced his ass by now there is no counterplay to his ultimate you are just automatically locked into it.

Used to have the unlock all gods pass on my account wonder if it still works. I used to main Quetz and Ullr.
eSports is always advertising for a Game. Any Publisher that screws up that assumption is going to screw up their game. And you have to let the competitive scene develop to see if you have a viable eSport. Everyone wanted to make their competitive online game into an eSport, almost none of them have worked because they didn't understand the point of them. Blizzard (in the past), Valve and Riot are pretty much the only ones to ever understand that.

As a note, Epic couldn't make competitive Fortnite work well because the viewer presentation is horrific unless you have a full production environment. Even the biggest games in the world can't sustain an eSport.

Awoogers

I think the gods pass is a lifetime one

Correct me if I'm wrong because that how the heroes pass works in paladins

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

not sure didn't get the paladins one game reeked of abandon ware from minute one also i would not have been surprised if hi rez decided to cut it off at some point i would not even blame them for it.

i don't keep up to date with smite but i assume a shit ton of gods came out since i last played and i already had 20$ worth when i stopped playing.

Meh would have to reinstall to check and part of the reason i stopped was that shitty installer/patcher

God's Strongest Dragoon

Let's be honest, this was probably for the best.
So turns out, the remake hasn't been officially cancelled. The license for the music in the trailer expired. Still sketchy.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Still sketchy.
Yeah. Them not having a replacement trailer ready is suspicious. Also, them wiping all remnants of it off social. Given the game's rocky development, with it being passed off from the original dev, whose main claim to fame was being a dedicated porting company, to another dev who makes pretty mediocre games, I am guessing the remake is just dead in the water.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

I bought the all gods pass back in 2012~2013 since I have a beta member icon, stopped playing after Ratatoskr's release in mid 2015 or so for at least 7 years. I reinstalled about a year ago and played a few Arena games within the last 2 weeks and the pass is still valid to this day. I've never even hit level 30 on the account. Say what you want about the rest of the game, Hi-Rez, balance, etc. That's one hell of a deal. If it didn't feel so opaque to understand and feel frustrating to control I might have gotten more serious with it, but the only gods I ever "learned" were Anubis and Hades and I still have no idea how to build them anything but straight default recs from shop.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Yeah. Them not having a replacement trailer ready is suspicious. Also, them wiping all remnants of it off social. Given the game's rocky development, with it being passed off from the original dev, whose main claim to fame was being a dedicated porting company, to another dev who makes pretty mediocre games, I am guessing the remake is just dead in the water.
It might not be completely dead, but being sent to another studio. It'll probably die there, though. Which is good. There isn't really many Western Devs that aren't completely bound by the current Cult.

Awoogers

I bought the all gods pass back in 2012~2013 since I have a beta member icon, stopped playing after Ratatoskr's release in mid 2015 or so for at least 7 years. I reinstalled about a year ago and played a few Arena games within the last 2 weeks and the pass is still valid to this day. I've never even hit level 30 on the account. Say what you want about the rest of the game, Hi-Rez, balance, etc. That's one hell of a deal. If it didn't feel so opaque to understand and feel frustrating to control I might have gotten more serious with it, but the only gods I ever "learned" were Anubis and Hades and I still have no idea how to build them anything but straight default recs from shop.
Even I'm still learning on how to build shit I'm currently learning the newest god maman Bridgette who's a spic(?) God adjacent to baron samady and as hard as she is I'm actually having fun in playing her

I haven't had fun on a moba as of late even when I'm playing league these days so it's a really good breath of fresh air

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Even I'm still learning on how to build shit I'm currently learning the newest god maman Bridgette who's a spic(?) God adjacent to baron samady and as hard as she is I'm actually having fun in playing her

I haven't had fun on a moba as of late even when I'm playing league these days so it's a really good breath of fresh air

Brigitte is Haitian vodou. Get your minorities straight man. :smugina:

Awoogers

Brigitte is Haitian vodou. Get your minorities straight man. :smugina:
My mythology autism autolocked me to Greeks/Romans/Hindu and all of the eastern ones as well as select ones in Asia

Imagine my shock when I knew that maui is an actual fucking god as well as chernobog which was supposedly the namesake of chernobyl

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

Voodoo Vodun Vodou w/e you want to call it have a ton of overlap because most Loa are aspects as viewed as part of life and death and also those aspects affect other aspects which change the Loa in turn.

Baron Semedi and Maman Brigitte both govern life and death Brigitte is the aspect of the afterlife specifically and that it's in SIMPLE terms an eternal party which reflects on Baron Semedi making him also a death party god in many stories while also being specifically the protector of the "boundary" between life and death.

I am very much over simplifying this explanation

TLDR it's a cool pantheon.

Top Bottom