"It's a bad dragon! It's a very bad, terrible dragon!"Chisaka Airi

Vidya Games Thread

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Tieflings are made for being murdered, deal with it

as a side note I hate that they have been turned into generic devil people post 2nd edition. They lost a lot of variety and nuance that way. And they look stupid. Give me someone who might be vaguely unsettling with off features than fucking, devil men

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
>choose to play a demon rape baby
>demon rape babies, the ones that aren't just slaves to demons, are notorious, violent, gigajews who trust nobody and will rob you at the drop of a hat
>"what the fuck why does everyone hate me"

:mitothink:
you forgot some of them also "propagate" their species in the same way they were "propagated" but points for trying A+ you pass.

Jokes aside most of them have an innate loathing of their demon side (comes from having a soul) so many are just broody edgelords Lorewise even the ones forced to obey are always looking for a chance to off their parentage kill themselves (out of spite in an attempt to ruin whatever grand plan they are a part of) or intentionally just fuck up in general .

From my understanding the implication is having a soul even an evil soul is repulsed innately by having to do the bidding of a Demon

Edit: Keep in mind all of this is up for personal interpretation of whoever is running the game an it even can change depending on the games setting.

if your Teifling is in Ravenloft for example no one will bat a damn eye and will probably assume your just another horror here to torment them because it's a Tuesday.

While people in Ebberon will either assume your a dragon (your red and have horns your not far off) or will wonder what the fuck your are even

While in Sigil they will laugh at your silly horns because you clearly have never met true horror they would tell you about the scariest thing around but that tends to get you mazed.

Last edited:

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
Retardation
It's amazing how people won't think about the greater context of the setting and just reduce it to "it's an attack on da brack peepol"

"My party members antagonize me ;("
Demons will fuck you in the ass no lube in DnD. A demon that interacts with you at all is either trying to use your skin and organs to gain more power or they're hoping you use your "human intellect" to get duped into a lifetime of servitude. Thing is, Demons are a known variable, Tieflings aren't. They could be victims trying to escape their heritage. They could also still be under their ancestor's thumb and are gonna kill you when you go to sleep on their orders. If you meet someone on the street that has a 20-30% higher chance of stabbing you in the throat than everyone else hostility is the most natural reaction.

"The druids are being meanies"
Tieflings intruded onto the fucking grove and not only brought goblins knocking but they lost their leader as well. Also being part unholy spawn from hell(see above) puts anyone on edge. Tweeter must be blind and deaf too because the locket stealing interaction is from a MERCENARY not a druid and the kid stole his DEAD MOTHER'S LOCKET. By the way news flash, not all druids are peace-pipe weed-smokers that'll suck you off at a moment's notice. Some druids are evil and if you explore more you can find evidence of their plots and machinations but that's too hard for someone who only explored the first 5% of the game and had to tweet mega racism.

"So much racism"
Then fucking LEAVE or KILL THEM. You don't owe them anything and the game gives you the freedom to walk away and let them all get slaughtered. Go live in the Underdark instead, the Deep gnomes and Myconids don't fucking care but I guess a living telepathic mushroom isn't fuckable enough for you. Karlach isn't locked out of joining your party but I wish she would because quite frankly a video game character is more principled than you. Yes she's getting massive tiefling hate but does she fucking cry about it? No she focuses on trying to save people and doing actual tangible good in the realm. Either grow the fuck up and understand even fantasy worlds can suck or do everyone a favor and don't play the game.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
It's amazing how people won't think about the greater context of the setting and just reduce it to "it's an attack on da brack peepol"

"My party members antagonize me ;("
Demons will fuck you in the ass no lube in DnD. A demon that interacts with you at all is either trying to use your skin and organs to gain more power or they're hoping you use your "human intellect" to get duped into a lifetime of servitude. Thing is, Demons are a known variable, Tieflings aren't. They could be victims trying to escape their heritage. They could also still be under their ancestor's thumb and are gonna kill you when you go to sleep on their orders. If you meet someone on the street that has a 20-30% higher chance of stabbing you in the throat than everyone else hostility is the most natural reaction.

"The druids are being meanies"
Tieflings intruded onto the fucking grove and not only brought goblins knocking but they lost their leader as well. Also being part unholy spawn from hell(see above) puts anyone on edge. Tweeter must be blind and deaf too because the locket stealing interaction is from a MERCENARY not a druid and the kid stole his DEAD MOTHER'S LOCKET. By the way news flash, not all druids are peace-pipe weed-smokers that'll suck you off at a moment's notice. Some druids are evil and if you explore more you can find evidence of their plots and machinations but that's too hard for someone who only explored the first 5% of the game and had to tweet mega racism.

"So much racism"
Then fucking LEAVE or KILL THEM. You don't owe them anything and the game gives you the freedom to walk away and let them all get slaughtered. Go live in the Underdark instead, the Deep gnomes and Myconids don't fucking care but I guess a living telepathic mushroom isn't fuckable enough for you. Karlach isn't locked out of joining your party but I wish she would because quite frankly a video game character is more principled than you. Yes she's getting massive tiefling hate but does she fucking cry about it? No she focuses on trying to save people and doing actual tangible good in the realm. Either grow the fuck up and understand even fantasy worlds can suck or do everyone a favor and don't play the game.
Damn wish i had the creativity to go off like that well done.

Even my dumbass forgot druids could be evil all that matters is they enforce the natural order and to some that means planting your disrespectful ass into the ground early. Does BG3 have companions that can be locked out of joining out of curiosity? Feels weird this one wouldn't be?

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
Does BG3 have companions that can be locked out of joining out of curiosity? Feels weird this one wouldn't be?
All 6 of the origin characters can join your party no matter how you play. The interesting part is that you can narratively decide for them to leave and never return whether that's them leaving on their own terms or killing them. (e.g. Learning Astarion is a vampire after he tries to chew your neck)

What most people don't talk about is that there are other companions that are not the origin characters who can join and you CAN lock them out of joining your party. The best example is near the beginning in the druids/goblin conflict. If you help the druids Halsin joins your party, if you join the goblins Minthara can join instead. There is no workaround this without a cheat engine because Halsin gives you a quest to kill Minthara(and two others).

Last edited:

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Does BG3 have companions that can be locked out of joining out of curiosity?
Yes.
I'm still in act one and found these on my own or slightly got spoiled.
You can just kill them, never recruit them, or make choices before and after events that will lock them from joining you, or they just leave.

Shadowheart/Lae'zel can kill each other or you kill them in certain cutscenes.
Lae'zel if not recruited will be found dead later on.
Karlach refusing to join you should you cause a massacre with the tiefling/druids prior to siding with the goblins.
Wyll also leaves after if you side with the goblins and massacre the tieflings/druids.
Gale can leave if you don't feed him enough enchanted items.
Halsin/Minthara is blocked depending on your choice during the goblin/druid conflict.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Tieflings are made for being murdered, deal with it

as a side note I hate that they have been turned into generic devil people post 2nd edition. They lost a lot of variety and nuance that way. And they look stupid. Give me someone who might be vaguely unsettling with off features than fucking, devil men
Hard agree, I hate what WotC have done to Tieflings. NuFans just hit out with "Well, Descent to Avernus happened, and Asmodeus remade them all in his image..." - shut the fuck up I don't care about what marketing and writing ploy they used to justify it, I care about the fact you can meet an actual Succubus and other Evil Outsiders and yet your average Tiefling - only planetouched - looks more supernatural and demonic than they do.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I didnt want to put this in the main thread as i derail it enough. So ill just post it here.

I havent played the game since i play games on xbox so i dont know the lores of the game. But this seems like such a reach? Cant you choose what race you play with? If you feel that uncomfortable playing a certain race just maje a new character? Yet its a fucking video game with fictional characters what does it have to do with black people?

If it was 2020, the person would have a Netflix documentary deal next week, but, sadly for them, its 2023 and you're just dumb. Though they almost have a good thought in the last Tweet. Almost. The programming almost breaks.

Maybe the game should better explain Tieflings are literal Demon spawn and no one is going to like them. But this person apparently knew this and went for it. Which, again, means they're dumb.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
@Mumberthrax only gold star zomrade? shame.

mumb.png
how many people have an account that I can find these so easily?
tachi.png

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Hard agree, I hate what WotC have done to Tieflings. NuFans just hit out with "Well, Descent to Avernus happened, and Asmodeus remade them all in his image..." - shut the fuck up I don't care about what marketing and writing ploy they used to justify it, I care about the fact you can meet an actual Succubus and other Evil Outsiders and yet your average Tiefling - only planetouched - looks more supernatural and demonic than they do.
i mean nothing is stopping either of you from running things different. despite them generally looking like elves with horns or goat feet or whatever generic trait to want to smear on like cheese on a cracker you could always just not.

Also 5th for all it's flaws outright states it as one of the characteristics for determining a tieflings parentage i think it was in tome of foes or the fiendish options UA or was it SC Adventure Guide?

Point is they gave you a bunch of options i think it was 9? 3 for each outsider type that can spawn a tiefling i think it was the neutral group that stated they tend to look like people with "off" features

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I didnt want to put this in the main thread as i derail it enough. So ill just post it here.

I havent played the game since i play games on xbox so i dont know the lores of the game. But this seems like such a reach? Cant you choose what race you play with? If you feel that uncomfortable playing a certain race just maje a new character? Yet its a fucking video game with fictional characters what does it have to do with black people?

Oh boy racial politics in video games, my favourite. Imagine making the choice to play a devilspawn and then whining when people treat you like a devilspawn, what an unforeseen twist! It's almost as if there's a major question of nature vs nurture that is directly addressed in the game at one point; whether or not evil tendencies are ingrained on a racial level or if they are in fact learned. This doesn't necessarily apply to Tieflings however, since their heritage is significantly more manufactured and supernatural with an explicit tie to whatever devil/fiend lords over their bloodline. Racial analogues fall apart when Tieflings can be out sacrificing children to Asmodeus as a part of a blood pact their great grandmother made before getting a hot meat spear straight to the womb, and they don't get much say in it unless they want to just die. I've yet to see one black man go to court for petty crime and claim innocence because Mephistopheles has a contract on their soul.

It's good to see this guy's nowhere in the game but obviously has the entire thing pegged as DEFINITELY RACISM and has an amazingly poor understanding of what's going on in the camp because he's too busy looking for shit to be offended over than actually looking at the reasoning. Kagha's being manipulated by Shadow Druids, whose entire credo is that there is no balance between man and nature and that all non-Druids have no place in the wilds and will drive them out by any means necessary. It's not specifically targeted racism by any means, it's a blind and convenient hatred towards any outsider which just so happens to be a bunch of fiendfuckers. A group of fiendfuckers that have a number of questionable people among their ranks that aren't even important or particularly notable, but demonstrate that even as just civilians there's some sus shit they can say/do. I can't remember exactly what it was but Bex, a nobody woman in the camp whose dream is just to own a house in Baldur's Gate her and her partner can live in says something that made me stop for a sec and think "What the fuck did she say?" There's a thief network of kids living among them as well whose entire motivation is to rip off/scam/rob as many other refugees and visitors as they can, with nothing they can use the goods/money they try to purloin on due to the limited nature of the goods they have access to on the road as refugees. They steal simply because of greed than necessarily survival, it's sure as shit not going to do them any good until they hit Baldur's Gate and can maybe turn a profit, but until then they're literally parasites on the entire group of tieflings themselves. This group of thief kids lumps in with Arabella, the kid that tried to interrupt the corrupt ritual of the druids, calling her a parasite is literally accurate and Kagha's reaction is understandable for someone who is literally being Ratatouille'd by the three rats wandering around near her. They're wildshaped Druids, if you successfully prove Kagha's manipulation and point out how she's been driven to this madness, they shift back and you get to kill them, and Kagha repents for how she's acted and basically submits herself to judgement she deserves for everything she's been doing. I don't know the specific trigger for it, but it might have something to do with removing the Idol of Silvanus without clearing Kagha's corruption, but the grove can be cursed by Silvanus and end up filled with poison clouds as a punishment from their actual god for what they've been doing (presumably, I also personally killed the entire grove population as soon as I got there, so maybe just the mass death as well as the idol thing).

Crying about the guys at the gate is also pretty retard move, considering Remiel, Aradin and Barth aren't fucking druids, which would be amazingly clear if he'd read or listened to any dialogue at all or sought them out afterwards. They're adventurers coming through on a job that coincidentally overlapped with what ended up being a concern for the grove, and that was the goblin horde, which they then lead a scouting party back to their until-then-secret grove, the location of which is half the crux of their survival and whether to sell out their location is the linchpin off whether or not they survive overall. It's kind of natural to be a little hot-headed when your life is at risk, and similarly it doesn't matter the race of the kid if they're stealing an important sentimental item. You yourself can catch some of the thief kids in the act of trying to rob you and threaten to beat them as well yourself, even as a tiefling. Is that still racist then, because obviously it's racially motivated by them being differently coloured and not just degenerate pieces of shit preying on people for no gain?

I feel like there's more I could learn about Zevlor to get a better idea of the strength of his character and what he stands for, but even as the defacto leader of the tieflings dealing with the situation they're in, his inherent reaction to the whole situation he's facing is "We have to kill Kagha" and has no leniency on the matter as his personality is apparently leaning towards violence as a solution. Sure, Kagha's not leaving him much of a choice but if someone was really a morally upright person they would make more effort to argue the high road to the end and be more open to the idea of just doing their best to move on without aggression rather than come to the final verdict that they have to murder the political leader of a second faction sharing their living space. Now is Zevlor's inclination towards murder just a facet of his character, or is it because his devil blood primes him for it? That's part of the difficulty of quantifying this issue, simply because the fact there is objectively evil taint in his bloodline simply by the nature of being a fiendkin, it is unquestionable fact it could actually just be a dark influence he can't shed.

I don't know what companion it is he's whining about, but if it's Lae'zel he should unironically blow his brains out. Githyanki take it as a personal challenge to be the biggest fucking assholes in the astral sea to the point it defines their entire culture. In the words of the only Emperor I believe in, Suffer not the Xeno to live.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
So, what have I learned playing the Resident Evil Remakes? I fucking suck at survival horror:fishmandispair:
Anyway, I'm going to attempt a professional difficulty playthrough of RE4 now.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
So, what have I learned playing the Resident Evil Remakes? I fucking suck at survival horror:fishmandispair:
Anyway, I'm going to attempt a professional difficulty playthrough of RE4 now.
Professional in RE4make sucks dick on a first playthrough, because it inflates the fuck out of the enemy health and stagger values, so have fun with your pistol that feels like it does nothing.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Professional in RE4make sucks dick on a first playthrough, because it inflates the fuck out of the enemy health and stagger values, so have fun with your pistol that feels like it does nothing.
Yeah, which is why I'm doing an NG+ run first. I'd probably burst a blood vessel trying to do a fresh save on professional.
I don't do max difficulty in games often anymore, but damn do I want those rewards.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
have you considered not fighting everything you see? both RE4 and RE4R expect you to just run through some enemies till you get firepower. that you emphasized the pistol makes me think your trying to fight things you don't need before you get something better.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
have you considered not fighting everything you see? both RE4 and RE4R expect you to just run through some enemies till you get firepower. that you emphasized the pistol makes me think your trying to fight things you don't need before you get something better.
I have. Doesn't really make professional any more fun.

The pistol in original RE4 will still reliably stagger jobber ganados in one hit, even on professional, whereas in RE4R, even in the village, they have increased stagger resistance, and you need what feels like a completely random amount (i know it's an invisible stagger bar or something) of headshots to get them to flinch. Combined with their magnetic grippers and Dark Souls 2-tier tracking attacks, it makes a professional first playthrough pretty miserable, even if you know the game. It is pretty fun on subsequent playthroughs though. The increased aggressiveness and damage from the AI is great, just like it was in original RE4, they just didn't need to inflate the health and stagger values.

Last edited:

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
I have. Doesn't really make professional any more fun.

The pistol in original RE4 will still reliably stagger jobber ganados in one hit, even on professional, whereas in RE4R, even in the village, they have increased stagger resistance, and you need what feels like a completely random amount (i know it's an invisible stagger bar) of headshots to get them to flinch. Combined with their magnetic grippers and Dark Souls 2-tier tracking attacks, it makes a professional first playthrough pretty miserable, even if you know the game. It is pretty fun on subsequent playthroughs though. The increased aggressiveness and damage from the AI is great, just like it was in original RE4, they just didn't need to inflate the health and stagger values.
It seems a lot of the weapons in the remake had their power toned down a bit. Actually makes it a pain in the ass in some areas.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
It seems a lot of the weapons in the remake had their power toned down a bit. Actually makes it a pain in the ass in some areas.
Eh, the shotguns and rifles are on par or stronger than the original, the pistols can go either way, but the Striker shotgun's weird spread sucks, and the TMP can't shoot straight with the new aiming system so it just blows. The new MP5 is almost OK, and the AR-15 is OK when you need to kill something quick, but eats all of your rifle ammo instantly. The shotguns especially got an upgrade, because they'll just cut some enemies in half, whereas they would've just sent them flying in the original. The magnums are weird, because in the original you really had a reason to choose between the Broken Butterfly and Killer 7, but in the remake the K7 is objectively better because it can actually shoot straight with the laser, and the huge crit chance can fuck up almost anything in the game in less than three shots.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Kalion

:)

One day, I wish to reach the level of autism it takes to spend hours getting my waifu on my robot.

Top Bottom