"Fuck Desuwa"Mori Calliope

Vidya Games Thread

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I don't get why Revelations wasn't more popular, I thought it was pretty good, especially when you consider that AC3 was the game that followed it a year later.
It was better than AC3, but I felt Revelations is where the "real life" overarching subplot of the series jumped the shark, personally.

Edit: Actually Brotherhood seems to be where it started getting weird. I think what turned me off of Revelations is that they didn't do much with the present-day story until like the very end of the game. It just felt derivative of Brotherhood.

ogey_rrat

ogey
It was better than AC3, but I felt Revelations is where the "real life" overarching subplot of the series jumped the shark, personally.

Edit: Actually Brotherhood seems to be where it started getting weird. I think what turned me off of Revelations is that they didn't do much with the present-day story until like the very end of the game. It just felt derivative of Brotherhood.
Yeah the modern day stuff always seemed to be shoehorned in (with the exception of AC1 and Black Flag where it worked pretty well in combination with the historical side of the game/the Animus) and could've been done better. Revelations felt like a fitting send off for Ezio, and was pretty fun gameplay-wise imo.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I don't get why Revelations wasn't more popular, I thought it was pretty good, especially when you consider that AC3 was the game that followed it a year later.
Easily had the best AC multiplayer. RIP in Peace sweet prince, you were too fun for Ubisoft to keep doing.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Yeah the modern day stuff always seemed to be shoehorned in (with the exception of AC1 and Black Flag where it worked pretty well in combination with the historical side of the game/the Animus) and could've been done better. Revelations felt like a fitting send off for Ezio, and was pretty fun gameplay-wise imo.

It seemed like early on the idea was that the whole reason for the present day parts was to demonstrate how the bleed through of the Animus would lead to skills awakening in the subject and for it to all culminate in some kind of modern era conflict between the Assassins and Templars but then they realized they can't write for shit, they were making money hand-over-fist with releases and if they "ended" the story they would be killing a cash cow. Instead they decided what they needed was RPG mechanics, microtransactions and empty sandboxes of nothing interspersed with nuggets of content, with only the vaguest connection of "this is all presented in a virtual medium!" to link them with no further narrative stakes, and to allow them an excuse to handwave blatantly video gamey elements that visually, stylistically or thematically make no sense otherwise.

Shame that modern audiences have been groomed into complacency of accepting predatory mediocrity so that this low-bar drivel continues being moderately successful enough to perpetuate the anemic cycle of the weakest perpetual motion machine. An endless cycle of follow-the-leader regurgitation of the same thing we had the year before with a new coat of paint that the wool-blind masses consume without question, no fucking wonder so many devs shit themselves with Baldur's Gate 3 being released showing the kind of experience that can be delivered with time, attention and actual care put into development. It might wake up the consumers and make them think "Hey why aren't you doing this? Don't you have the same/more/even more resources?"

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Did kay make holocure super easy? I remember seeing talents dying to stage 1 constantly back in 0.3, now even people with no upgrades seem to get through it with no issues whatsoever, is it the aiming thing? Maybe everyone just playing by the collab meta? Nerfing collabs was probably the right idea afterall...

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Did kay make holocure super easy? I remember seeing talents dying to stage 1 constantly back in 0.3, now even people with no upgrades seem to get through it with no issues whatsoever, is it the aiming thing? Maybe everyone just playing by the collab meta? Nerfing collabs was probably the right idea afterall...

Probably. The meta progression makes it way easier anyway. Plus, the best strats get spoiled by chat.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Probably. The meta progression makes it way easier anyway. Plus, the best strats get spoiled by chat.
Idk why but it sometimes bothers me when a chuuba just breezes through everything with no issues whatsoever, I kinda like seeing people fail a few times before learning how things work and overcoming challenges. Sheer domination is boring and straight up irritating when you struggled with no help but streamer gets babysat by chat backseaters.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Idk why but it sometimes bothers me when a chuuba just breezes through everything with no issues whatsoever, I kinda like seeing people fail a few times before learning how things work and overcoming challenges. Sheer domination is boring and straight up irritating when you struggled with no help but streamer gets babysat by chat backseaters.
Unfortunately, a lot of VTubers are pretty lax on the "no backseating" policy. I tend to prefer watching streamers suffer when they are playing something difficult for the first time. Guess that is a holdover from watching Twitch streams for so long where backseating was mostly looked down upon.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
The collabs make the game insanely easy. Get a few of the good ones, and you don't even have to move until the bosses show up a lot of the time. Before the last update, I would try my best to not pick up any active abilities to solely rely on each character's mechanics. Was really hoping and was ultimately satisfied when the last update added a way to disable those. It's not that hard still, but it makes the game more fun than just spamming the same collabs on every character.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
The game becomes instantly challenging if you disable all upgrades from the shop. Source: trust me bro.
At least we got to see Sora get hooked on her character, slowly progress more and more and then become quite skilled at it.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
I had a long night of getting my heart stopped by the screams of lickers as I enter a new room, so now I move on to a game that I beat on a Wii long ago and have been traumatized by since.
itistimeguardian.png

this can only end well :irysthumbsupl:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Day 3 of Wayfinder's early access launch.

I have over 10 hours recorded on steam, only a little under one of actual game play. From that one hour, I like what's there, even if it's just the tutorial quests with extensive rubber banding issues and disconnects. I'm a sucker for grinding co-op games such as Warframe, and Diablo IV is...well, not living up to expectations.

One would think that partnering with Warframe's developers would assist in ironing it out beforehand, but only time will tell, and there's Tennocon 2023 next week as well.

That being said, these launch issues compounded with initial negative reviews might put them in the red until they put in the same work that early Warframe did, so fingers crossed they stick it out, and that DE is able to assist however they can instead of pulling the plug entirely.

The negative reviews are all deserved though, in my opinion, if they're selling $140 founder's packs plus a daily/weekly rotating cash shop with these issues.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
fuck this stupid fucking RNG bullshit

seriously.png

edit: in other news, I got the golden rod in a single sitting.

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Day 3 of Wayfinder's early access launch.

I have over 10 hours recorded on steam, only a little under one of actual game play. From that one hour, I like what's there, even if it's just the tutorial quests with extensive rubber banding issues and disconnects. I'm a sucker for grinding co-op games such as Warframe, and Diablo IV is...well, not living up to expectations.

One would think that partnering with Warframe's developers would assist in ironing it out beforehand, but only time will tell, and there's Tennocon 2023 next week as well.

That being said, these launch issues compounded with initial negative reviews might put them in the red until they put in the same work that early Warframe did, so fingers crossed they stick it out, and that DE is able to assist however they can instead of pulling the plug entirely.

The negative reviews are all deserved though, in my opinion, if they're selling $140 founder's packs plus a daily/weekly rotating cash shop with these issues.
Yeah, I was pretty interested in that game, and will still play it when it goes free for sure. I'm usually sympathetic to MMO/MMOlite games having server issues on launch, because it happens to everyone. When Endwalker game out for FFXIV the game was barely playable for like 3 weeks because of the queues, and that's run by Square, and also the biggest MMO in the world. But they really should just stop selling the packs until the game starts working again, or compensate the fuck out of the people who already bought packs.

Preferably also just drop paid early access as soon as they sort the servers out, because that shit is extremely gay.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Yeah, I was pretty interested in that game, and will still play it when it goes free for sure. I'm usually sympathetic to MMO/MMOlite games having server issues on launch, because it happens to everyone. When Endwalker game out for FFXIV the game was barely playable for like 3 weeks because of the queues, and that's run by Square, and also the biggest MMO in the world. But they really should just stop selling the packs until the game starts working again, or compensate the fuck out of the people who already bought packs.

Preferably also just drop paid early access as soon as they sort the servers out, because that shit is extremely gay.

This wasn't exclusive to just Endwalker. Many can regale you with tales of the now legendary trial of Pippin (Savage) during the Stormblood early release window. Every expansion launch has had major impacts on the game for the first week(s) and Dawntrail is going to be even worse still. I can't wait.

Kalion

:)

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
I didnt want to put this in the main thread as i derail it enough. So ill just post it here.

Screenshot_20230821-072035_X.jpgScreenshot_20230821-072047_X.jpgScreenshot_20230821-072056_X.jpgScreenshot_20230821-072103_X.jpgScreenshot_20230821-072111_X.jpg

I havent played the game since i play games on xbox so i dont know the lores of the game. But this seems like such a reach? Cant you choose what race you play with? If you feel that uncomfortable playing a certain race just maje a new character? Yet its a fucking video game with fictional characters what does it have to do with black people?

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
I didnt want to put this in the main thread as i derail it enough. So ill just post it here.

I havent played the game since i play games on xbox so i dont know the lores of the game. But this seems like such a reach? Cant you choose what race you play with? If you feel that uncomfortable playing a certain race just maje a new character? Yet its a fucking video game with fictional characters what does it have to do with black people?

Nogames fails to understand that morality and alignment are objective in D&D on a cosmic scale, tune in at 11 for our exposé on the Pope's religious identity.

...seriously though, what a blatant cry for attention from your typical twitter user, trying to misconstrue a narrative about & depicting racism as a personal attack on them just because BG3 is the current big thing and thus ripe for the picking by clout chasing retards. It's a shame that Wizards has been listening to them, because as much as they try to pass the buck off to TSR, they've actually been responsible for flanderizing them into their current state and their attempts to "fix" it has also made their writing worse while trampling over decades of established lore in the process.
The Drow for instance have went from a long, sordid tale of victimisation and history being written by the victors that could present a genuine moral dilemma whenever introduced to the PCs, to "they're evil because their magic tattoos say so, kill on sight as appropriate. See it's not a race thing now!"

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

Nothing they just want to feel victimized it's amusing to me that Orcs are the black people stand in till they suddenly are one of the other races because this fictional game of fantasy has to be about me.

As for the Lore your parent either Contracted or did the fuck on a LITTERAL INCARNATION OF EVIL (lawful or chaotic your choice) and you are their offspring.

In most cases you are BOUND in servitude to your demon heritage meaning even if they don't want to Tieflings tend to do some fucked up shit regardless.

Some lucky few are "born free" and are just normal people (but get tossed out on their asses anyway because bad rep)

Realistically being a Demon is grounds for being Kill on Sight there are organizations who will track tieflings down just for existing to murder em and yes most of them are very DEUS VULT about it.

On the plus side your statistically gifted You have Detect Asshole cast on your horns permanently and you often have a gift depending on your parentage anything from extra sharp claws to immolating people who hit you,,

Edit: Also you can completely customize your starting race gender class backround and some other shit. so they did this by choice.

EDIT AGAIN BECAUSE I CAN: I just want to point out how extra stupid X is a Stand in for X Ethnicity because what they invariably always do is focus on the similarities not the DIFFERENCES

Let's use the ever popular Orcs are Black people put aside that Assuming that the "illiterate tribal savages who eat and rape people" Are stand ins for black people is in it's self racist as fuck

Orcs are apparently also native american because they also have literal peace pipes and live in yurts also they have an unhealthy obsession with eyes so they must also be Egyptian they love to horde gold (for ritual purposes) so they must also be Jewish

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

>choose to play a demon rape baby
>demon rape babies, the ones that aren't just slaves to demons, are notorious, violent, gigajews who trust nobody and will rob you at the drop of a hat
>"what the fuck why does everyone hate me"

:mitothink:

Top Bottom