"You ever just see a guy walking around town that looks like he loves communism?"Marimari

Vidya Games Thread

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
First time seeing this on my steam library page. Can't remember any previous preloaded games that did this.
AC6.gif

Even has a fancy mouse tracker animation.

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
However, there is a giant faction of the FF14 player base who despise Emet and never allow themselves to understand his point of view.
The entire Garlemald segment of Endwalker is also a giant check of whether you're a thinking, feeling human being, or a soulless automaton powered by reddit upvotes, and a solid 80% of the fanbase just fucking fails it, then goes online and gloats about being right over failing it it.

Or y'know, the three choice question at the very end with Zenos, where he straight up asks you "Did you have fun playing this game?" and people pick both of the wrong answers because "muh WoL would NEVER AGREE WITH ANYTHING ZENOS EVER SAID, HE'S A NAZI GARLEAN!"

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
The entire Garlemald segment of Endwalker is also a giant check of whether you're a thinking, feeling human being, or a soulless automaton powered by reddit upvotes, and a solid 80% of the fanbase just fucking fails it, then goes online and gloats about being right over failing it it.
The entire Garlemald segment was AMAZING. I could not believe how good a job they did creating an environment that so closely resembled something like North Korea. It's honestly a masterclass in demonstrating the power and effects of propaganda on a normal citizenry, and it probably affected me more than any other segment of Endwalker.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Never really played tabletop games before but I do enjoy from time to time listening to people play them. I used to listen to penny arcade guys D&D sessions they would do at conventions every year.

My favorite part starts at 38 minutes.
2011 was such a different time. That was even before I knew people like Wil Wheaton crazier lowcow sides.

I however recently gotten into call of Cthulhu stuff. Although cringy to some, I kind of enjoy how the players here get into their roles and have fun with it.

Also enjoyed this one guys game he did with AI voices.

I enjoyed it more so cause the person did a really good job of world building and telling a story with AI voices and characters. Which I notice a lot of people that do things like TTRPG videos would use AI voices for characters in their campaigns. To give another layer of immersion.

Too bad Call of Cthulhu and Vampire Masquerade haven't seen much justice in gaming sphere. They're IPs I could see good games coming from if they never had to deal with legal issues or time crunches from AAA publishers.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

It really is some high tier retardation to be so absolutely staunch against the demonstration of evil or deplorable acts as a means of setting the stage to show you just how bad the people are you're dealing with, and it's certainly not meant to be any means of glorifying the acts by any means but to add that extra kind of edge to making caving their skull in with a broken chair that much more satisfying. Characters that are so brazenly or transparently evil are meant to be hate-sinks, they are loathsome and despicable people that you are completely on board with wanting to do everything you can to hurt them and break up their operations. However, the average modern soybitch can't handle that, because it makes them think sad thoughts when they realize that the nobleman in the city that's running a slaver group to bring in women he rapes then sells to underground brothels is a little too alike the real world human traffickers doing the same thing that go unpunished/uncaught. The broader understanding of the catharsis of a good effigy burning is lost on people that don't want to seek a little bit of revenge fantasy even if it means facing some uncomfortable topics.

I see people constantly whining about the decline of quality in stories, and all I can think is these same people are the ones whining about all these aspects of entertainment media and forcing the hands of writers through their backlash against things that make them feel sad. Instead of appreciating the meaning or art of the production they just screech "NO THATS BAD DONT SHOW THE BAD", and the unpaid writers in Hollywood just shrug and think "Okay fine". Though a large amount of media production is just regurgitative trash pushed to follow trends and profit off of various surges with no real love or care for the material in the first place beyond the pay it (doesn't) provide, so there is just awful shit being made regardless, but it doesn't help when mass outcry pushes everyone to that end.

As far as FFXIV, my biggest regret is that we had to stop Emet-Selch. Anyone that faults him for his actions is an idiot that misses how complicit you are as the Warrior of Light for doing the same thing, but not nearly to the same visible scale. The Ascians are all trying to bring back the world they knew through the power they wield in the only way they can, in the same way that the player Warrior of Light is using their power and the backing of Hydaelyn to protect the world they still have. The WoL wins through various means, ultimately with it coming down to having to use their own power against them and fighting them with their own strength in order to end Emet-Selch and all his efforts, because there is no compromise solution. Everyone on the losing side has to die, and Emet only barely lost it. In killing him, the WoL is guilty of the same level of extermination that Emet and the Ascians were after, attempting to scour the shards in order to reunify them, except we can't ever see the invisible, unknowable multitudes of lost souls that will never be returned in the reunification, we only ever see the Ascians, those that remain, and the population of Elpis, technically. All their future possibilities and potential of what they could have returned to is lost forever because we won, just the same for the races of the Source and beyond if we'd have lost. We had to trade the lives of what could be for the lives of what is, and all I can hope is that what we have can one day be good enough for Emet-Selch to accept as being worthwhile losing his life for.

06c.png

The only good greenskin is a dead greenskin.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
As far as FFXIV, my biggest regret is that we had to stop Emet-Selch. Anyone that faults him for his actions is an idiot that misses how complicit you are as the Warrior of Light for doing the same thing, but not nearly to the same visible scale. The Ascians are all trying to bring back the world they knew through the power they wield in the only way they can, in the same way that the player Warrior of Light is using their power and the backing of Hydaelyn to protect the world they still have. The WoL wins through various means, ultimately with it coming down to having to use their own power against them and fighting them with their own strength in order to end Emet-Selch and all his efforts, because there is no compromise solution. Everyone on the losing side has to die, and Emet only barely lost it. In killing him, the WoL is guilty of the same level of extermination that Emet and the Ascians were after, attempting to scour the shards in order to reunify them, except we can't ever see the invisible, unknowable multitudes of lost souls that will never be returned in the reunification, we only ever see the Ascians, those that remain, and the population of Elpis, technically. All their future possibilities and potential of what they could have returned to is lost forever because we won, just the same for the races of the Source and beyond if we'd have lost. We had to trade the lives of what could be for the lives of what is, and all I can hope is that what we have can one day be good enough for Emet-Selch to accept as being worthwhile losing his life for.
It truly was an amazing bit of writing there. Two completely understandable and justifiable positions that are 100% diametrically opposed to each other. As meme'd on as the phrase "Morally Grey" was thanks to Blizzard's antics, I think the Ascians truly represent one of the best ways of writing that kind of a character. At the end of the fight, I didn't feel victorious. I felt numb. Knowing I totally understood why he did what he did . Knowing I likely would have made the exact same decision if I were in his shoes. And yet, he had to be put to the blade. And when he delivered that final line "Remember that we once lived"......man. I was a fucking mess for a few minutes there. I could not believe how touched a fucking video game was capable of making me feel. One of the few to ever hit me that hard.

I think the greatest tragedy of Final Fantasy 14 is people missing out on Natsuko Ishikawa's writing because it's being told through an MMO. I hope to god she gets put in charge of writing a mainline Final Fantasy someday. She deserves to have her work preserved in a way that is outside the MMO space. Or they figure out a way to preserve FF14 for many years to come.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
It truly was an amazing bit of writing there. Two completely understandable and justifiable positions that are 100% diametrically opposed to each other. As meme'd on as the phrase "Morally Grey" was thanks to Blizzard's antics, I think the Ascians truly represent one of the best ways of writing that kind of a character. At the end of the fight, I didn't feel victorious. I felt numb. Knowing I totally understood why he did what he did . Knowing I likely would have made the exact same decision if I were in his shoes. And yet, he had to be put to the blade. And when he delivered that final line "Remember that we once lived"......man. I was a fucking mess for a few minutes there. I could not believe how touched a fucking video game was capable of making me feel. One of the few to ever hit me that hard.

I think the greatest tragedy of Final Fantasy 14 is people missing out on Natsuko Ishikawa's writing because it's being told through an MMO. I hope to god she gets put in charge of writing a mainline Final Fantasy someday. She deserves to have her work preserved in a way that is outside the MMO space. Or they figure out a way to preserve FF14 for many years to come.

No shit. I rarely give much attention to the story in games, and always considered MMOs to be a joke when it comes to plots because "How can you take a story where you collect 10 bear asses every 5 levels seriously?" but then here comes Square making an MMO that is actually now just a single-player RPG with some seriously overreaching co-op experience, and a story that is actually good once you suffer through the first 50 levels and then some.

Thinking about the eventuality of a FFXVII one day though, fucking hell SE could you have done anything to circumvent this shit? All I know is Soken better not die first. Uematsu will always be GOAT but he's going to have to share that seat with Soken.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Thinking about the eventuality of a FFXVII one day though, fucking hell SE could you have done anything to circumvent this shit? All I know is Soken better not die first. Uematsu will always be GOAT but he's going to have to share that seat with Soken.
If Soken and FF16 don't win OST of the year at the Game Awards and other places, they were fucking ROBBED.

Schockwellenreiter

Dr. Negro Cortex
Persona 3 Reloaded has an official release date: February 4th, 2024. They had the chance to release it on April 7th (the first day of the game) and they blew it.

£60 for a game I've already played before? What the fuck? Is this the current state of the industry?

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
£60 for a game I've already played before? What the fuck? Is this the current state of the industry?
I understand the position, but in this case I don't think it's valid. They've got a port of the PSP version of the game on steam for $20 right now.

Reload is a totally rebuilt game that's been redone in the P5 engine. As well, it had (for better or for worse) it's voice work completely redone. I think the amount of work they've put into making this justifies the full price tag.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
New English voice acting, animated cutscenes, new music, new story scenarios, and four years of development.

This isn't just a port, it's a complete remake with new stuff added.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
They put slightly more effort into the P3 remake than what they could've done for Nocturne...
:pippasadl:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
New English voice acting, animated cutscenes, new music, new story scenarios, and four years of development.

This isn't just a port, it's a complete remake with new stuff added.
im for sure excited on how they are going to do the ending if they are going to adding new things on that part

it was too iconic for me

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
New English voice acting
That, and the UI looking a lot less interesting (but more functional, so what can you do about it) are my main concerns for that game. P3FES is probably one of the best English dubs of any piece of JP media, and there's so many iconic lines burned into my brain 15 years later that no recast will ever compare. Shit like "Stupei, ace defective" and "I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!" or every single one of Fuuka's lines for Mitsuru getting killed or debuffed because she tried to charm something.

I get it, nobody wants to hire union voice actors, or Vic Mignogna, but still.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
AC6 is fun so far. First game in the series but have played a few mech games in the past. Really enjoy the customization and stat importance of each part. Still don't know if I wanna go for a glass cannon or try a tank build. However, I been kind of enjoying moving around fast and using a sniper with my sword. Kind of wish there be more glow effects I can put on my mech, like the one mech game I shared a few months ago. Though, I guess it wouldn't fit the setting if you made a mech that glowed like some Article & Happenings poster from the homeland.

Other than that. share your images or emblems you make in the game! I'm of course going to keep lookout for a pippa and fuwamoco ones. :makotomisaki::akiramisaki::smugpipi:

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Never really played tabletop games before but I do enjoy from time to time listening to people play them. I used to listen to penny arcade guys D&D sessions they would do at conventions every year.

My favorite part starts at 38 minutes.
2011 was such a different time. That was even before I knew people like Wil Wheaton crazier lowcow sides.

I however recently gotten into call of Cthulhu stuff. Although cringy to some, I kind of enjoy how the players here get into their roles and have fun with it.

Also enjoyed this one guys game he did with AI voices.

I enjoyed it more so cause the person did a really good job of world building and telling a story with AI voices and characters. Which I notice a lot of people that do things like TTRPG videos would use AI voices for characters in their campaigns. To give another layer of immersion.

Too bad Call of Cthulhu and Vampire Masquerade haven't seen much justice in gaming sphere. They're IPs I could see good games coming from if they never had to deal with legal issues or time crunches from AAA publishers.

Call of Cthulhu is the number one tabletop roleplaying game in Japan. Of course, it has more than one vTuber channel devoted to it, like Paparacha's Silver Twilight:

The way D&D is synonymous with RPGs in the US, Call of Cthulhu has a similar reputation in Japan:
1692926236319.png 1692926279391.png1692926448135.png

https://japanesetrpg.com/category/call-of-cthulhu/

Horror RPG Call of Cthulhu is bigger than D&D in Japan

Call of Cthulhu was first translated into Japanese by publisher Hobby Japan, which localised the game’s third edition in 1986. Following a break in development during the 1990s due to a slump in the local market, its sixth edition was released by current publisher Kadokawa in 2004, and has seen a number of reprints since. By September 2019, all versions of the RPG had sold over 200,000 copies in Japan, according to Kadokawa.
The latest seventh edition of the game was released in December 2019, featuring a complete overhaul of the rulebook. Roleplaying game writer and editor Masayuki Sakamoto, who has worked on Call of Cthulhu since its original release in Japan, told Dicebreaker that the sixth and seventh editions have sold more than 300,000 copies combined, including 60,000 copies of the latest edition.
Supposedly it sells more in Japan than in every other country in the world, combined.
Fubuki will be playing Call of Cthulhu TRPG at 20:00JST (in 10 minutes)

JMForte

AC6 is pretty good, not sure how it stacks up as an AC game or mech game because it's basically the first one I've played, not counting a Gundam game years ago on PS2. I can already tell I'm going to get autistic with the part stats and numbers. Would make a Pippa decal but I dont want to go full autist with that. Maybe, later. Customization is great fun, and the different parts actually do make the mech feel different. Oh did I mention all the numbers? Because this game is turning me into a numberfag.
Edit: reading the negative steam reviews is good fun. Filtered by the first boss.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
AC6 is pretty good, not sure how it stacks up as an AC game or mech game because it's basically the first one I've played, not counting a Gundam game years ago on PS2. I can already tell I'm going to get autistic with the part stats and numbers. Would make a Pippa decal but I dont want to go full autist with that. Maybe, later. Customization is great fun, and the different parts actually do make the mech feel different. Oh did I mention all the numbers? Because this game is turning me into a numberfag.
Edit: reading the negative steam reviews is good fun. Filtered by the first boss.
The main mech game I'm used to is Ghost in the Shell on PSX, it does remind me a little of that, though the spider tanks in that are a much different design. I'll have to leave the tutorial boss for now, since I have work in the morning. I'll be able to beat it, but it'll be a pain. My friend was bragging about how easy it was, but he's an Armored Core veteran.

Kalion

:)
It took me around 40 tries on the chapter 1 boss of Armored Core 6 to beat it.
Then I swapped up my build specifically to counter it and wrekt it.
It is more than a bit weird to be able to die, swap your entire build, and then restart at a checkpoint. No other game in the series does that. It's also weird that you AC isn't locked looking in the direction of your crosshair.
It's a fun, fast, fluid game. But I'm on the fence if this "modernized" AC is losing a bit of the series's identity.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
I went through a lot of fuckin trouble and repeated playthroughs over the last few days just to do this.

@BlueSharkTV it would appear that professional is actually a bit easier in the remake, and I didn't completely suck ass at Krauser like I thought I would!

Top Bottom