"Did you guys never had, like, dinner with your inanimate objects?"Kureiji Ollie

Vidya Games Thread

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Holy shit that Bijou one is amazing.
:whatastory:
1693115494030.png

Looking good, Bijou!

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Well shit, the game already looked fun to me, but you're telling me can have fun in a mech with Botan decals slapped on? I can almost feel my wallet loosening up...

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
If you like at least one of Top Gear and/or Dark Souls, you need to see this video:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
If you like at least one of Top Gear and/or Dark Souls, you need to see this video:

This might be the fastest Dark Souls mod...
.... in the world.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
So I decided to go do a bit of digging and reading out of curiosity for some things that come up in Baldur's Gate 3, and the fact that there is a prequel adventure, Descent into Avernus, that serves to set the stage for some facets of the story and in hindsight of even just several small details it makes it so much more funny that one guy's whining about racism with the Tieflings.

So Aradin talking shit to Zevlor about how tieflings aren't known for their bravery might be an actual personal attack against Zevlor, since there's a bit of dialogue between him and his right hand in his little enclave room where there's a mention of Hellriders. I don't know if it's ever brought up in BG3 itself since even after 180 hours I've still not finished act 2, but in the setup preamble of the Descent into Avernus adventure path it mentions that the Hellriders were a unit of Paladin knights of Elturel trained by Zariel when she was still an angel for the purpose of invading Avernus to intercede in the Blood War and try to curb some of the destruction it wreaks through the multiverse. Things went south for the unit and surviving Hellriders abandoned the fight and retreated, sealing the portal they used to reach Avernus behind them and abandoning Zariel in the Nine Hells, where she was defeated, captured and corrupted. This set the seed for what would eventually happen to drag Elturel into Avernus by Zariel and the forces she ends up commanding, and in the event that pulled Elturel into the Nine Hells, members of the Hellriders, who still existed as an organization to protect the city as a military force, fled along with refugee civilians. There's bad blood between Baldur's Gate and Elturel historically, so identified Hellriders seen fleeing their duty (as a Paladin order, mind you) were arrested for desertion basically, so they wouldn't cause trouble in Baldur's Gate. Naturally, this is exactly what Hellriders ended up doing, because a number of them seem to believe Baldur's Gate itself is responsible for what's happened. It isn't surprising either, given what this book says about the interactions between Elturel and Baldur's Gate. Elturel seems like it only has ocean access via a river that runs through Baldur's Gate itself, and folks in Baldur's Gate have been just straight up robbing Elturel's trade ships they send up the river to try to conduct trade, so all this tension between the cities is because of the people of Baldur's Gate being fucking antagonistic to begin with.

So, this whole adventure path was also only all resolved some months before the events of Baldur's Gate 3 begin. When Aradin is talking shit to Zevlor, it's not random racism for the sake of being an asshole. He's talking shit to someone that might have abandoned his holy duty to defend his home and may have additionally fought against the authority figures of another city to avoid being detained as actual wildcard threats to stability among a throng of panicked refugees fleeing the planar deletion of their city. Baldur's Gate had to basically enter lockdown to keep Elturelan refugees out of the city to try to keep things somewhat in order, the Flaming Fist were busy dealing with all that business and the rogue Hellriders, which meant there wasn't enough law enforcers focusing on the rest of the city to deal with the sharp spike of murders that began for the sake of the Dead Three. Murders orchestrated by one of several big bads of the adventure, who incidentally, was also an Elturelan refugee. TURNS OUT THERE'S A LOT OF BAD BLOOD, with very understandable reasons just in the lead-in to the set up and I've not even gone 14 pages into the book. It's actually not even just broad mistrust for a race with some very real infernal complications, but actually just remaining resentment over hilariously recent political tensions between actual rival cities that at it's ultimate result could have seen Baldur's Gate pulled into Avernus as well thanks to the actions that had taken place in secret up to this point.

Now, a bit of research suggests Zevlor might not have been one that fled Elturel when it was taken, so he could have stayed to defend and survived the whole ordeal. He's not in the adventure proper, so he's non-canon to the broader story there at least, but unsurprisingly seeing as this whole-ass city gets pulled into the Nine Hells and returned there would obviously be some tension with the devilkin Tieflings. To no surprise, the Zariel, Asmodeus and Mephistopheles bloodlines in the game are representative of Zariel, a major antagonist of the adventure, Asmodeus as the one that corrupted her (and a god in his own right) and Mephistopheles is also mentioned somewhere in the book I've yet to see. What a shock that the three bloodlines associated with a very recent devil contract shenanigan attack on an entire city would cause some consternation among the citizens. Sure, it's misplaced bigotry against people that really didn't have anything to do with it, but lumping back in to the past discussion on the nature of fiend blood and the fact that all this shit just fucking happened in the first place, again it really can't be faulted. Look at reality with how any brown-looking motherfucker got treated when a couple of planes slammed some tall buildings in New York, but consider the further implications of what if instead of political ideology, it was remote puppeteering through devil taint that drove someone to commit a terrorist attack? I'd be inclined to agree with the notion of casting out some redskinned motherfucker whose blood runs with the power of the gigachad demon daddy that just dragged an entire city into hell to be assrammed by pit fiends.

Also unrelated to all this above but still within context, Ulder Ravengard, the big Duke-man of Baldur's Gate that went and got abducted by the Absolute cultists? Yeah, he was bamboozled by two of the antagonists of this adventure path and got trapped in all this shit too. This motherfucker just cannot stop being captured by devil worshippers, meanwhile his own damn son Wyll goes and makes a fiend pact with a cambion. Stay losing, Ravencuck.
I feel like it's worth mentioning the City of Baldurs Gate it's self is subject to alot of magic fuckery over the years and the point ill be skipping ahead to make is some people (in universe) think Baldurs Gate it's self is alive and sentient it's a very minor lore thing but I feel it's relevant when a Paladin Order French or not start blaming a whole city.

Even if you throw that bit of Lore out into the sea there are plenty of instances where commoners will sideeye you for being from there (not sure if in the 3rd game) it and the sword coast being infamous locations helps I guess.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Stunned But Dumb

I just wanted to say I will NEVER call him General Shao. Shao Kahn for life.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Anyone else playing Blasphemous 2? I'm only a couple of hours in but it's really good, I'm having a lot of fun swinging the Veredicto around - the platforming/combat in general feels more fluid than the first game. My only complaint so far is that the new cutscene style doesn't really fit with the game's overall aesthetic (and I guess the fucked up body horror/Catholic setting doesn't hit as hard now).
IndieGala moved my complaint about not getting the Steam key I preordered from their support Discord on to a ticket! That is listed as unknown and I can't access. Well, I guess this kind of suffering is appropriate before getting to play Blasphemous 2.

But at least I saved 5 bucks! If I ever actually get the game I can be smug about that!

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I feel like it's worth mentioning the City of Baldurs Gate it's self is subject to alot of magic fuckery over the years and the point ill be skipping ahead to make is some people (in universe) think Baldurs Gate it's self is alive and sentient it's a very minor lore thing but I feel it's relevant when a Paladin Order French or not start blaming a whole city.

Even if you throw that bit of Lore out into the sea there are plenty of instances where commoners will sideeye you for being from there (not sure if in the 3rd game) it and the sword coast being infamous locations helps I guess.

Oh yeah, Baldur's Gate's definitely a fucking anomaly. So far a lot of the people I've encountered in BG3 are either from there or intent on going there so no one's really that put off by the choice of destination, but that city is the Mos Eisley of D&D. The adventure specifically points out that the big thugs working 'security' at taverns there only intervene in fights if there's excessive damage or attacks on the other staff. They don't bother to stop fights between patrons even if it escalates to death, they just drag the bodies out to the harbor and toss them in the river.

I love the place.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Oh yeah, Baldur's Gate's definitely a fucking anomaly. So far a lot of the people I've encountered in BG3 are either from there or intent on going there so no one's really that put off by the choice of destination, but that city is the Mos Eisley of D&D. The adventure specifically points out that the big thugs working 'security' at taverns there only intervene in fights if there's excessive damage or attacks on the other staff. They don't bother to stop fights between patrons even if it escalates to death, they just drag the bodies out to the harbor and toss them in the river.

I love the place.
Soon as I get my hands on it better believe i'm gonna Beeline to the Beloved Ranger Statue see if i can recruit a certain Giant Pygmy.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
Soon as I get my hands on it better believe i'm gonna Beeline to the Beloved Ranger Statue see if i can recruit a certain Giant Pygmy.

Speaking of I should probably get back to my own playthrough. I might have a time contender on my hands in a few days if Starfield doesn't look like dogshit in live play, but even with what I've seen of it so far (very little) it's not speaking to me that much, but I cannot deny my Taudism.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Speaking of I should probably get back to my own playthrough. I might have a time contender on my hands in a few days if Starfield doesn't look like dogshit in live play, but even with what I've seen of it so far (very little) it's not speaking to me that much, but I cannot deny my Taudism.
You are going to spend 30 hours in the ship creator making ships, most of which will be phallic in design, just accept it.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
You are going to spend 30 hours in the ship creator making ships, most of which will be phallic in design, just accept it.

You think so lowly of me.

God's Strongest Dragoon

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
I keep trying to play Factorio. For some retarded reason I constantly install modpacks that make the game much harder and then get frustrated and restart when I hit a gridlock.

This game absolutely screws with my autism. I constantly have the urge to go hyper-optimal and perfectly balance everything. But I get so hung up on that I end up getting nibbled to death by biters. But if I FORCE that part of my brain down and just build as needed, I get angry and confused after roughly the same amount of time, quit and restart.

It's happened so many times at this point it worries me.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Decided to finally try out Holocure. Man, Gura fucking sucks. Definitely my least favorite, out of all the girls I've tried so far. I think Ollie is my favorite so far, though Ame is pretty OP.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Decided to finally try out Holocure. Man, Gura fucking sucks. Definitely my least favorite, out of all the girls I've tried so far. I think Ollie is my favorite so far, though Ame is pretty OP.
you can make everything work with the right builds

tho i cant say on guras case i havent used her since beta

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Gura has several issues attack is middling and hits a bad area skill is a "suck in" which means enemies will speed toward you if your closer to the middle then they are. she has a psudo dodge build that does not gel with the rest of her kit (damage output) Superform is weak for a special attack.

Amusingly she used to be considered good but some item re-balancing and better dodge characters came. if your like me and want to like gura try Fubuki or Mio. Mio has similar attack range but gives you a fitting reward for managing it. and Fubuki was the first real dodge character with a good attack and feels alot better.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Gura has several issues attack is middling and hits a bad area skill is a "suck in" which means enemies will speed toward you if your closer to the middle then they are. she has a psudo dodge build that does not gel with the rest of her kit (damage output) Superform is weak for a special attack.

Amusingly she used to be considered good but some item re-balancing and better dodge characters came. if your like me and want to like gura try Fubuki or Mio. Mio has similar attack range but gives you a fitting reward for managing it. and Fubuki was the first real dodge character with a good attack and feels alot better.
I'm planning on beating the first level with all of the girls, but I'll try Fubuki and Mio next.

Follow up: Mio's pretty good, though I'm not a big fan of Fubuki. She's good at clearing big crowds, but she kind of sucks with bosses.

Last edited:
Top Bottom