"'FAQ Miko' FAQ MIKO?! No u...FAQ"Sakura Miko

Vidya Games Thread

Xuhle

On the offchance you didn't hear, apparently the 24-man raid Aglaia is the best EXP/hr from 90-95, so might be faster DPS queues that way.
That's only if you have the dawntrail pre-order earrings as you get a boost still from them at lvl 90 which you will sink down to in Aglaia.

UberSoldat

Although they consider Final Shape a success, in the end it was not enough to save Bungie from even more layoffs and restructuring

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Although they consider Final Shape a success, in the end it was not enough to save Bungie from even more layoffs and restructuring
Wow, who could've seen that coming, hiring a thousand people to work on one real game, and game that might come out in the next 20 years is not sustainable? No way!

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
if even Bungie and Blizzard are having woes with their live service games, you would think that would be an indication for other studios to not chase after that hypothetical infinite money printer

the gaming industry crash can't come soon enough, support local indie developers, reject trend-chasing and AAAA product

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
if even Bungie and Blizzard are having woes with their live service games, you would think that would be an indication for other studios to not chase after that hypothetical infinite money printer

the gaming industry crash can't come soon enough, support local indie developers, reject trend-chasing and AAAA product
CoD, Valo, LoL and gachashit printing money will be the forever carrot on the stick that will keep people chasing the live service model until one of those crashes

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
CoD, Valo, LoL and gachashit printing money will be the forever carrot on the stick that will keep people chasing the live service model until one of those crashes
i wholeheartedly agree

UberSoldat

God's Strongest Dragoon

One of those crashing won't deter people from keep chasing the live service model, it will only encourage it more because they'll think there's a power vacuum and they can hopefully fill that void. It would take pretty much all of them crashing to get the industry to fuck off from that model.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I don't play MMOs, what the hell is a "pre-patch" ?

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I don't play MMOs, what the hell is a "pre-patch" ?
A period of time where all the major mechanics/class changes made for a new expansion is live, without all the new zones/content. So basically time to get used to all the changed shit before you start slogging through new things.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Doubleposting with some new updated videos for Metaphor Re:Fantazio. A bunch more videos dropped in the last 3 weeks, so let's see what we got.

First a brief prologue to the story. It appears the King is dead and his heir Prince is incapacitated by a curse, both of which committed by this Griffin looking motherfucker named "Louis". So this is the catalyst for the story as a whole.

This extended video looks at the beginning story of the game and the characters who directly join your party -

And this video which looks at the major NPCs who are also vying for the throne, as well as the factions you can end up bringing to your side-

VSoyBoy

Doubleposting with some new updated videos for Metaphor Re:Fantazio. A bunch more videos dropped in the last 3 weeks, so let's see what we got.

First a brief prologue to the story. It appears the King is dead and his heir Prince is incapacitated by a curse, both of which committed by this Griffin looking motherfucker named "Louis". So this is the catalyst for the story as a whole.

This extended video looks at the beginning story of the game and the characters who directly join your party -

And this video which looks at the major NPCs who are also vying for the throne, as well as the factions you can end up bringing to your side-

Atlus oversharing again. Feel like for most people who will play it anyways (like me), it would be wise to just ignore most of these videos. Apart from that it looks really good though.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Atlus oversharing again. Feel like for most people who will play it anyways (like me), it would be wise to just ignore most of these videos. Apart from that it looks really good though.
Most of the time the stuff they share is typically the first 5 hours or so of a 100+ hour game. So essentially the tutorial. They're launching a totally new franchise, so I can understand them wanting to make sure the SMT grognards and anyone interested in JRPGs are willing to buy it.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
yeah, Hashino mentioned consulting with Miura while he was still alive (this game has been in development since at least 2016), so all of the Berserk influences are most likely intentional in Metaphor: ReFantazio. please look forward to that being on the twitter freaks posts about "Hashino Bad" around the release of the game. I also remembered to place in my pre-order for the collector's edition physical (PC) - already pre-ordered the game digitally on steam, this goes into the "retirement fund" stash to break open decades from now.

in other news, I am so desperate for an MMO that I've taken up playing Black Desert again (horrifying) alongside OSRS (good), and looking up what other MMOs are coming out (every day I resist the temptation to pull on that Throne & Liberty pre-order). It turns out Andrew Gower, one of the original RuneScape creators before selling it off, is making another point-and-click MMO in that same style, and if it's not good, it will never be more over - so no pressure on his end:

(realistically, don't expect it to release in Q3 2024, since we're pretty much there with no release date in sight - delays to iron out issues are good! more games should do them!)

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

See the trouble is, even if that infinite money printer exists: there can be only one. Which means that all the companies that go for it and fail will find themselves drawing to a busted flush.

That's ok, I'm just going to do what this Lion does and play old games:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
See the trouble is, even if that infinite money printer exists: there can be only one. Which means that all the companies that go for it and fail will find themselves drawing to a busted flush.

That's ok, I'm just going to do what this Lion does and play old games:

Im glad more vtubers are playing retro games now

God's Strongest Dragoon

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Im glad more vtubers are playing retro games now
1722547865220.jpeg

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter