"What does the Sui Sei?"IRyS

Vidya Games Thread

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
sxn2cw.webp

ROMHacking.net Shutting down after 20 years.

Kalion

:)
20 year old site ROMhacking.net just announced it is shutting down, effective immediately, after the Admin claims has been doxxed and harassed. The admin has uploaded the site's database to the Internet Archive in order to preserve the 20 years worth of hacks, translations, and patches submitted to the site.
Archive of the homepage and news

Edit: "Community Manager" of rival site romhacks.org is for some reason running damage control super hard.

A

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
If you really want to weap over changing times, go filter Steam games by the "immersive sim" tag.

Alchemyth

If you really want to weap over changing times, go filter Steam games by the "immersive sim" tag.
You you think you know how bad it is.
You don't.
souls feet.jpg

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
You you think you know how bad it is.
You don't.
1722590972097.png
" "Haele 3D Feet Poser Pro" is the Dark Souls of Feet Posing" - the developer pitching his game, probably.

Stunned But Dumb

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
" "Haele 3D Feet Poser Pro" is the Dark Souls of Feet Posing" - the developer pitching his game, probably.
It is Miyazaki's dream game, after all, if he hadn't started on Armored Core, he would've just made foot-oriented H-games. I curse you to now notice blatant footfag bait in every souls game, like you will notice Kojima's piss fetish.

UberSoldat

Bronze

Xuhle

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Another of the one million early-access Farming/Life-Sims has finally crossed the 1.0 thresh-hold, which is something to be celebrated because of how many either never make it, or rush to launch before "finishing" the game (Coral Island comes to mind). "Song of the Prairie" has a focus on city-building, and is also coming in hot in both performance and translation, so if either of those are a deterrent then give it another few months to cover their bases. I've had it in my library for quite some time, but wanted to wait until 1.0 to play it because these are the sort of games you can easily lose dozens of hours in, and I wanted to minimize the risk of losing progress with each major update. Sure, I could play "My Time At Portia/Sandrock" instead, but sometimes a fresh coat of paint on tried-and-tested gameplay is exactly what you're looking for, if you're into these sort of games.

As for one of the titles still chugging through Early Access that I want to highlight, there's Cornucopia, which is presented like all of those Stardew Valley 2.5D image edits you find while modding, but that's where the comparison ends. Sure, you could also adjust the camera to be top-down like SDV, or whatever perspective in-between that you want. Out of the box, the farming system is significantly more complex with a soil system where each patch of soil - and how it's treated, the temperature, etc. - determines the quality and size of a crop. The developers are also incredibly responsive to feedback and make regular changes to the game, with the most recent (major) update a few days ago. I honestly don't understand why it hasn't caught more attention, so I'll keep it on my regular shilling rotation that the developers can see enough success to continue supporting the game, or make another.

Coming up in a few days (August 5th) is Fields of Mistria, which I learned from Mori's interest in the game during development. It's still going to be an early access release, so unless there are major enough issues with launch, it will most likely sit in my library until 1.0 like most of these other early-access farming games. Honestly, if Mori hadn't taken interest, I wouldn't have either, so if they don't partner with the Pink Woman then the developers might have the biggest of missed chances on their hands.

And about a day after that is the English localization of Natsu-Mon, for those who want a time capsule of the Japanese countryside in the late 20th century, and would give anything for a return to the good old days. So it's incredibly niche, and will most likely ruin the lives of people going just a bit too far in their escapism, trying to relive those memories that they can never get back.

Now if you want the REAL farming experience, then buckle the fuck up, because Farming Simulator 25 is releasing November 12th, pre-orders open now. Based on how Farming Simulator 22 performed overall (55k positive reviews on steam and a budding eSports scene - no I am not joking), this will be the best-selling Farming Sim of both this and next year, outperforming all of the SDV-hang-ons combined. Not only is the tech increasing yet again with engine and visual upgrades across the board, but one of the new maps is set in East Asia, allowing you to use fresh water to grow your crops and related production chains. Welcome to the rice fields, motherfucker.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Last edited:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
10-15 years ago, I would have never believed this was a real post. Kinda crazy to see it happen after so long.

Steam already has the F/SN page up:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
"Localized" though. We know what the risks are in the grand year of 2024 that we live in.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I just got my copy of System Shock remake after what 7, 8 years

The moral of this story is don't die until the fuckers get you what you paid for

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
I just got my copy of System Shock remake after what 7, 8 years

The moral of this story is don't die until the fuckers get you what you paid for

shit, I paid for Ashes of Creation, I'm on the hook to live for at least another decade

hopefully Pippa doesn't enact The Pact before then, I'm desperate for a good MMO again, man :painpeko:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
shit, I paid for Ashes of Creation, I'm on the hook to live for at least another decade

hopefully Pippa doesn't enact The Pact before then, I'm desperate for a good MMO again, man :painpeko:
This nigga paid for Fantasy Star Citizen!
:selenpointandlaugh:

It's OK, I bought Russian Star Citizen.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
10-15 years ago, I would have never believed this was a real post. Kinda crazy to see it happen after so long.

Steam already has the F/SN page up:

I can't wait to get the rest of the Tsukihime remake in 2040 :BijouBijou:

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Sacchin's time to shine will come, i believe, not any time soon BUT IT WILL COME!
:takocope:

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Honestly, the only thing I am wary of with the remake is that they didn't get the Melty Blood VAs back. They were the voices of the characters for me for the better part of two decades. If Nrvnqsr is in part 2, not having Jouji Nakata will be especially sad.

Top Bottom