"You are neurodivergent"Amanogawa Shiina (to Titanosaurus)

Vidya Games Thread

Saturnus

haha it's unou
So apparently Valve is handing out invites to Deadlock more frequently and they've registered a few domains for the game now.
fxksrl.png
Also Valve banned a bunch of game journos for going against their honor system of "don't take footage/screenshots of the game as it is in alpha".

In related news to what I just mentioned above: A friend of mine randomly got an invite to the alpha/beta of Deadlock and has sent me an invite to the game, too. I'll probably give my thoughts on the game as I have like 2k hours in tf2 and 4k hours in dota 2 to judge (as a casual shitter) whether deadlock is trash or not.
edit: I'm locked in.

edit 2: I actually played the game edition.
I played around in the tutorial and hero sandbox for 30mins its 1am as I type this. Game's interesting so far. Will probably do a bot match and then an actual match tomorrow.
The rules are still the same as the video above, I can't share screenshots or video of gameplay. I'm a bit iffy on actually divulging on actual information because the game, forum and discord both have the message of "THIS GAME IS IN EARLY TESTING. GAMEPLAY IS EXPERIMENTAL AND ART ASSETS DO NOT REPRESENT A FINAL PRODUCT." And ever since the leaks about the game earlier in the summer, they've been actually taking action when it comes to leaks.

Last edited:

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Monster Hunter weapon catch up while Capcom continues to edge me waiting for the Switch Axe video.

Nothing really new here, looks like if you played these weapons in World you won't have much to learn. Hammer getting a dodge out of their charging animation seems the biggest change. CB and Hammer didn't really need reworking I guess but LBG is feeling pretty thin now especially with HBG getting rapidfire and reducing the identity differences even more.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
Bloodborne on PC lessssssssssssssgooooooooooooooo

Well clearly not right now but if Ps4 EMU is about to get real, just imagine bros we get to play all those Ps4 games like; Bloodborne, Gravity Rush, Gravity Rush 2 and... that's it, but still 3 great games!

Link to the ones behind the Bloodborne emu;

UberSoldat

A bundle for the CRPG lovers out there

God's Strongest Dragoon

Rogue Trader alone makes this a really good bundle for $35. It's like $50 and the lowest it's been was $23. Even if you have Rogue Trader, it's only $15 for everything else.

Good thing you can adjust Humble Bundle donation spread so you can give $0 to the charity. :dokiSmug:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Welcome to another episode of "the culture war is seeping into every facet of your escapism", and I wish we could just play videogames, man.

OSRS is pushing an update that removes gender in favor of Body Type A and Body Type B, as well as adding pronouns for their character creator. What's more, these updates are being pushed without player vote, because they damn well know it would never get passed otherwise. This means that OSRS is now under the banner of the eternal culture war, much to the chagrin of people that just want to be left alone:

...and after the recent DMM competition where the ROT clan clearly had illicit advantages while Jagex looks the other way (despite player outrage), which is another several hours worth of discussion that I'll refrain from sperging about for the sake of brevity, this seems to be a case of Jagex taking a page from the book of Blizzard by painting over their controversies with an alphabet news cycle.

I'm still in disbelief that every major MMO has shit their pants respectively in such a short time period, and so my search for something continues. I am now adding Throne & Liberty to my cart to experience the first few months of its peak before Amazon culls it with poorly planned updates, same with the New World Re-Boot in October (also launching dead on arrival). Sure, there's still the endgame of FFXIV, but the mentally ill and perpetual gooner community continues to run that into the ground as well...at least Black Desert is consistent? Horrifying!

While waiting for paychecks to go through, I was able to upgrade my license of Clip Studio Paint to 3.0 EX, and now I'm waiting on purchasing a license to Spine Animation. Instead of twiddling my thumbs, however, I've been reading the documentation of both Godot and GameMaker Studio to determine what is best to pursue for long-term, multi-game projects, as well as putting together MSPaint prototypes of the initial run of collectible creatures.

Here's one of the MSPaint prototypes, and you can easily see why I don't post any of the others because of TEXTEXTEXT (I also treat it as a design document for that creature):

eye ghost mspaint v01.jpg

Beautiful. I will re-create it in Clip Studio Paint and use whatever tools and brushes that are on offer to improve it however I can, then run it through Spine to create the skeleton and basic animations before plugging it into the engine I determine works best. Once I have a process for the creatures, I can do the same for human (and not-so-human) characters, as well as environmental ambience + animation, and various VFX related to the respective creatures in their specific styling. I'll probably develop a basic segment of the game on both engines to get a better idea of how each workflow will play out, because I do not want to switch engines halfway through a project and run the risk of everything exploding because of it.

However, I'm leaning more towards Godot as an engine because it could eventually lead to the large project being in the style of HD-2D, but that's still a decision to be made a long, long ways away from now. And when I can hire at least one other person to bash this out with me from the profits of the smaller projects. Maybe two people.

Tubedude

I'm still in disbelief that every major MMO has shit their pants respectively in such a short time period, and so my search for something continues. I am now adding Throne & Liberty to my cart to experience the first few months of its peak before Amazon culls it with poorly planned updates, same with the New World Re-Boot in October (also launching dead on arrival). Sure, there's still the endgame of FFXIV, but the mentally ill and perpetual gooner community continues to run that into the ground as well...at least Black Desert is consistent? Horrifying!
Are you only searching for a massively populated MMO or are consistently alive but low pop MMO's on your possible radar at all?

UberSoldat

Honestly, I'm tempted to get this one but at the same time, I've got every DND game here and Pathfinder WOTR in an older bundle and Kingmaker via EGS freebies. The only new items in this for me are Rogue Trader and all the Pathfinder adventure DLC. I've been meaning to get RT for a while but am waiting for all the DLC to come out first and a nice discount for the whole package. If I do get this, that's a lot of keys I have to give away.

Decisions, decisions...............................

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Welcome to another episode of "the culture war is seeping into every facet of your escapism", and I wish we could just play videogames, man.

OSRS is pushing an update that removes gender in favor of Body Type A and Body Type B, as well as adding pronouns for their character creator. What's more, these updates are being pushed without player vote, because they damn well know it would never get passed otherwise. This means that OSRS is now under the banner of the eternal culture war, much to the chagrin of people that just want to be left alone:

How is it possible you can get banned for downloading a mod that removes elements from an update.
When did everyone agree that PC gaming had to become just like windows update.

God's Strongest Dragoon

How is it possible you can get banned for downloading a mod that removes elements from an update.
When did everyone agree that PC gaming had to become just like windows update.
They just banned the mod off of Nexusmods because the admins there are total cucks. Like they did with the "Remove LGBT flags from Spider-Man". That mod actually didn't change anything in the game's code, it just changed the settings to the Middle Eastern version where they removed the LGBT flags. There's still other sites that host it, like that mod that turned a bunch of characters in BG3 from black to white and a lesbian character into a male.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Ina reacts to some Elden Ring: Shadow of the ErdTree lore.

UberSoldat

So the multiplayer for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered is coming out on August 16th. However it's not coming out on the Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Edition because that only had the campaign. What is happening is that there's a mod called H2M for Modern Warfare 1 Remastered (which did have multiplayer) that lets you play as if it was MW2.
Here's what the mod will include:
  • Create-a-Class system from MW2 with all those weapons, attachments, perks, equipment, and some fan favorites from CoD 4
  • MW2 Killstreak system
  • MW1 Maps
  • MW2 Maps
  • All DLC maps
  • New Maps inspired by MW2's campaign (such as the White House and the Gulag)
  • Same progression system (level up to rank 70 to prestige) but after Prestige 10, you can keep leveling up to level 1000. There's also the golden/mastery camos from CoD4 and some special animated camos

As of right now, CoD MWR is on a 50% sale that ends in ~30 hours

Kek

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

At least they put it out and people can crack and play it, instead of pulling an SM2 and circlejerking over how cool it's gonna be for three years and never getting to release, right?

God's Strongest Dragoon

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
In Genshin Impact Boycott news, I'll let the xwitter thread and article speak for itself:

Archive (so this post makes sense in the future)

Truly, who could have seen this coming? I mean, other than everyone outside of the boycott bubble, but still!

And as a brief message for all of the other VAs and content creators that jumped on the "current thing" for short-term engagement:

If you work for or are partnered with a company, and you tell their customers to stop doing business with them until arbitrary demands are met, do not be shocked if the company no longer wishes to do business with you in turn.

That being said, how is the boycott going? Well...

Archive

Surely, they'll come to a unified decision to stop playing the game soon enough, to possibly affect even a percent of a percent on HoYoVerse's monthly financials! Wait, no, the next update is the Pokemon tournament arc update, they gotta play that, THEN they can continue being mad that the game isn't Justin Trudeau Simulator 2025.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Was it the sucrose VA?

Apparently she was going off with some guy who criticized her "boycott" and literally everyone laughed at her

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker
In Genshin Impact Boycott news, I'll let the xwitter thread and article speak for itself:

Truly, who could have seen this coming? I mean, other than everyone outside of the boycott bubble, but still!

And as a brief message for all of the other VAs and content creators that jumped on the "current thing" for short-term engagement:

If you work for or are partnered with a company, and you tell their customers to stop doing business with them until arbitrary demands are met, do not be shocked if the company no longer wishes to do business with you in turn.

Archive

Surely, they'll come to a unified decision to stop playing the game soon enough, to possibly affect even a percent of a percent on HoYoVerse's monthly financials! Wait, no, the next update is the Pokemon tournament arc update, they gotta play that, THEN they can continue being mad that the game isn't Justin Trudeau Simulator 2025.

It's amazing how absolutely retarded Hoyoverse fans are no matter what game property they orbit.

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore

Archive

Here is the Genshin Impact 5.0 Special Program report, which will almost assuredly bring in the HoYoVerse boycott people, since they are physically incapable of not bolstering HYV's numbers and performance metrics for even a single moment. I'll be writing my commentary live as it goes, because I somehow outperform most game journalists despite only providing content in this thread thus far:

~110k average CCV on the YouTube livestream alone for the 5.0 special program, not counting restreams and streams on other platforms.

The same people spamming "why is the archon white", "where is the melanin", "add black people" (despite the trailer opening with a black NPC - so I can only assume they are not black enough), are also spamming that they are unable to understand chinese when the developers are talking (they refuse to turn on the subtitles). So much for their advocacy of cultural sensitivity?

At the start of the program, the developers stated they are listening to player feedback - and then subsequently going into how they are improving the quality of gameplay, player/character traversal, environment interaction, really showing where all those hundreds of millions of dollars earned each quarter are going with constant gameplay segments. Cue further crying from the protesters about how this wasn't the feedback they meant, and how every character doesn't look like a modern day minstrel show, and "when is [their favorite character] re-run".

...We are nearly halfway through the program (midway revision: no we're not) and there are still complaints that they can't understand chinese (they will still not turn on closed captions, it's already translated in english). They're also teasing Himeko's rebirth as the Pyro Archon in Natlan, and the possibility of her dying again with the "rebirth" system present in Natlan being a surprise for players to experience. Surely, they won't kill her off again before selling her in the gacha banner, right?

The new Natlan characters have also been created to take advantage of these new traversal mechanics with their own unique skills and abilities, such as an animal or mechanical companion depending on the character and their theming, which should encourage sales of their respective banners regardless of whether they meet the protesters' standards of skin tone. Kachina, for example, has a full-on Dr. Robotnik traversal drill, which can be utilized further as a giant hammer - and players will obtain her just by playing the Natlan story. Mualani has a shark that she can ride along the currents of Natlan like a surfboard (both in the water, on land, and in the air), she is big into sporting events - specifically, water sports (the developer's words, which I strongly recommend they translate differently before the consequences of such reach the artists). Kinich is a Digimon protagonist, he has a digital monster (dragon) that he can bring into reality to both assist in combat and traversal - though they seem to be at odds with each other for the sake of comedic timing.

Natlan characters have "Nightsoul's Blessing", which enhance their powers within Natlan in accordance with the currently established lore, which is shown in the form of full-character glowing tattoos/patterns on their body - and this system is such an overhaul that they have to make a segment of Natlan for the "test this character" function to try out their abilities not only in combat, but through the environment. The first banner wave is Mualani and Kazuha, with the increased 4-star being Kachina to entice 6c after getting her for free. The second half of the 5.0 banner is Kinich and Raiden Shogun. And so, HoYoVerse is set to make another several hundred million on Genshin Impact alone before the end of the year, let alone before Patch 5.1. Though it shouldn't come as a surprise, they confirmed that all of the characters in the teaser trailer for Natlan will be on the banners of future versions, so Himeko waiters will have to persist until 5.2 in November/December for that holiday $$$.

...There is now a pinned comment from Genshin Impact telling the viewers to enable captions (the protesters still refuse, how dare the developers not speak fluent English, that's not very culturally sensitive of them!). The developers are even going into the system where the player can transform into the Saurians within Natlan to participate in environmental gameplay - and if ZZZ was inspired by Digimon World, I can only assume this is inspired by Digimon Frontier. Despite all of the gameplay being shown, people just want their codes so they can leave, or their free five star, or otherwise complaining about the lack of melanin (these are fantastical creatures fighting other fantastical creatures, what do you mean).

They're overhauling the reputation system for Natlan so that the player assists the tribes directly, and in helping those tribes, the player unlocks further content. The overworld minigames are also being overhauled for Natlan, and it looks like a modern day version of an N64 collectathon mascot-platformer (specifically Banjo Kazooie or DK64). They're also overhauling the limited eventing systems for their archon quests, for their reward delivery, so that they give out more paid currency and pulls, which will be further enhanced through the 5.X patch series. They're also increasing the world level, alongside drop rates for materials, decreasing the need for farming with the sheer amount of characters they have at the moment (and in the future). They're finally overhauling the artifact system, by bringing in their Honkai Star Rail QOL changes that they can be churned into EXP, and so that the player is able to directly determine what stats they want through the respective event/bp currency. They're even overhauling the 50/50 pity by adding even further pity for those who constantly get struck with 50/50, so the reign of Qiqi is at an end - and the weapon 50/50 has been reduced from 2 to 1. Free five star from the standard pull as part of the 5.0 launch celebrations - and they're finally adding more of the event characters to the standard banner in future updates. Looks like they're feeling the heat of Wuthering Waves? Healthy competition is a good thing for players, especially when it comes to these forever games that demand players time and money!

At this point, Natlan might as well be an entirely new game - so at least HoYoVerse is sticking to "the contract" of putting their hundreds of millions of gacha dollars back into the game. Imagine if other major franchises did that, spending their millions on the games themselves to overwhelm the competition with quality! Impossible! I am looking directly at Pokemon right now.

REDEMPTION CODES (expire within 24 hours post-livestream):
2SMTYV59TLFD
7SMTGV59BLXH
8T4TGDLRA5E5

(I pulled the current 5-star character, Emilie, with these codes in the past few minutes - I fully believe the system is rigged for success during the program, and I refuse to be told otherwise)

The video performance by the Natlan symphony ending the program features an incredible number of black performers, as well as performers of numerous nationalities, every protester calling the developers racist for the smallest of slights will eat their words. (They are now claiming that the developers are scared to put them in game and that all of their efforts are 👏 not 👏 enough, 👏 sweaty)

(The symphony performance did not, in fact, end the program - the team is now talking about their visions of the long-term future, shock and awe that the game will continue post-Natlan and into Fantasy Russia, and beyond. They're even talking about the vocal criticisms of the game, and how they're using that to fuel their future development)

...Much like the pre-show trivia 15 minutes before the program, there is now a post-show featuring the English VA hosting a mini-talk show, so this might be the longest Special Program yet (I wish it wasn't!). You already know what to expect from this segment of the program, for better or worse! At least one acronym has been mentioned, implied homosexuality between Aether and Albedo, that's EN VA culture for you (they have yet to prove the allegations wrong).

The program has finally ended after a little over 2 hours and 15 minutes, which means I can finally get back to playing the game, I'm sure I'll be reporting on the protesters (and their perpetual inaction) again soon enough.

Was it the sucrose VA?

Apparently she was going off with some guy who criticized her "boycott" and literally everyone laughed at her

yes no, it turns out (EDIT: upon reading further information the past day or so, it was her defending the one who was fired, while also being inflammatory about it - so it's entirely possible she'll be on the chopping block as well)

Last edited:
Important Message (Genshin).

UberSoldat

Genshin Impact bad.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Here is the Genshin Impact 5.0 Special Program report, which will almost assuredly bring in the HoYoVerse boycott people, since they are physically incapable of not bolstering HYV's numbers and performance metrics for even a single moment. I'll be writing my commentary live as it goes, because I somehow outperform most game journalists despite only providing content in this thread thus far:

~110k average CCV on the YouTube livestream alone for the 5.0 special program, not counting restreams and streams on other platforms.

The same people spamming "why is the archon white", "where is the melanin", "add black people" (despite the trailer opening with a black NPC - so I can only assume they are not black enough), are also spamming that they are unable to understand chinese when the developers are talking (they refuse to turn on the subtitles). So much for their advocacy of cultural sensitivity?

At the start of the program, the developers stated they are listening to player feedback - and then subsequently going into how they are improving the quality of gameplay, player/character traversal, environment interaction, really showing where all those hundreds of millions of dollars earned each quarter are going with constant gameplay segments. Cue further crying from the protesters about how this wasn't the feedback they meant, and how every character doesn't look like a modern day minstrel show, and "when is [their favorite character] re-run".

...We are nearly halfway through the program (midway revision: no we're not) and there are still complaints that they can't understand chinese (they will still not turn on closed captions, it's already translated in english). They're also teasing Himeko's rebirth as the Pyro Archon in Natlan, and the possibility of her dying again with the "rebirth" system present in Natlan being a surprise for players to experience. Surely, they won't kill her off again before selling her in the gacha banner, right?

The new Natlan characters have also been created to take advantage of these new traversal mechanics with their own unique skills and abilities, such as an animal or mechanical companion depending on the character and their theming, which should encourage sales of their respective banners regardless of whether they meet the protesters' standards of skin tone. Kachina, for example, has a full-on Dr. Robotnik traversal drill, which can be utilized further as a giant hammer - and players will obtain her just by playing the Natlan story. Mualani has a shark that she can ride along the currents of Natlan like a surfboard (both in the water, on land, and in the air), she is big into sporting events - specifically, water sports (the developer's words, which I strongly recommend they translate differently before the consequences of such reach the artists). Kinich is a Digimon protagonist, he has a digital monster (dragon) that he can bring into reality to both assist in combat and traversal - though they seem to be at odds with each other for the sake of comedic timing.

Natlan characters have "Nightsoul's Blessing", which enhance their powers within Natlan in accordance with the currently established lore, which is shown in the form of full-character glowing tattoos/patterns on their body - and this system is such an overhaul that they have to make a segment of Natlan for the "test this character" function to try out their abilities not only in combat, but through the environment. The first banner wave is Mualani and Kazuha, with the increased 4-star being Kachina to entice 6c after getting her for free. The second half of the 5.0 banner is Kinich and Raiden Shogun. And so, HoYoVerse is set to make another several hundred million on Genshin Impact alone before the end of the year, let alone before Patch 5.1. Though it shouldn't come as a surprise, they confirmed that all of the characters in the teaser trailer for Natlan will be on the banners of future versions, so Himeko waiters will have to persist until 5.2 in November/December for that holiday $$$.

...There is now a pinned comment from Genshin Impact telling the viewers to enable captions (the protesters still refuse, how dare the developers not speak fluent English, that's not very culturally sensitive of them!). The developers are even going into the system where the player can transform into the Saurians within Natlan to participate in environmental gameplay - and if ZZZ was inspired by Digimon World, I can only assume this is inspired by Digimon Frontier. Despite all of the gameplay being shown, people just want their codes so they can leave, or their free five star, or otherwise complaining about the lack of melanin (these are fantastical creatures fighting other fantastical creatures, what do you mean).

They're overhauling the reputation system for Natlan so that the player assists the tribes directly, and in helping those tribes, the player unlocks further content. The overworld minigames are also being overhauled for Natlan, and it looks like a modern day version of an N64 collectathon mascot-platformer (specifically Banjo Kazooie or DK64). They're also overhauling the limited eventing systems for their archon quests, for their reward delivery, so that they give out more paid currency and pulls, which will be further enhanced through the 5.X patch series. They're also increasing the world level, alongside drop rates for materials, decreasing the need for farming with the sheer amount of characters they have at the moment (and in the future). They're finally overhauling the artifact system, by bringing in their Honkai Star Rail QOL changes that they can be churned into EXP, and so that the player is able to directly determine what stats they want through the respective event/bp currency. They're even overhauling the 50/50 pity by adding even further pity for those who constantly get struck with 50/50, so the reign of Qiqi is at an end - and the weapon 50/50 has been reduced from 2 to 1. Free five star from the standard pull as part of the 5.0 launch celebrations - and they're finally adding more of the event characters to the standard banner in future updates. Looks like they're feeling the heat of Wuthering Waves? Healthy competition is a good thing for players, especially when it comes to these forever games that demand players time and money!

At this point, Natlan might as well be an entirely new game - so at least HoYoVerse is sticking to "the contract" of putting their hundreds of millions of gacha dollars back into the game. Imagine if other major franchises did that, spending their millions on the games themselves to overwhelm the competition with quality! Impossible! I am looking directly at Pokemon right now.

REDEMPTION CODES (expire within 24 hours post-livestream):
2SMTYV59TLFD
7SMTGV59BLXH
8T4TGDLRA5E5

(I pulled the current 5-star character, Emilie, with these codes in the past few minutes - I fully believe the system is rigged for success during the program, and I refuse to be told otherwise)

The video performance by the Natlan symphony ending the program features an incredible number of black performers, as well as performers of numerous nationalities, every protester calling the developers racist for the smallest of slights will eat their words. (They are now claiming that the developers are scared to put them in game and that all of their efforts are 👏 not 👏 enough, 👏 sweaty)

(The symphony performance did not, in fact, end the program - the team is now talking about their visions of the long-term future, shock and awe that the game will continue post-Natlan and into Fantasy Russia, and beyond. They're even talking about the vocal criticisms of the game, and how they're using that to fuel their future development)

...Much like the pre-show trivia 15 minutes before the program, there is now a post-show featuring the English VA hosting a mini-talk show, so this might be the longest Special Program yet (I wish it wasn't!). You already know what to expect from this segment of the program, for better or worse! At least one acronym has been mentioned, implied homosexuality between Aether and Albedo, that's EN VA culture for you (they have yet to prove the allegations wrong).

The program has finally ended after a little over 2 hours and 15 minutes, which means I can finally get back to playing the game, I'm sure I'll be reporting on the protesters (and their perpetual inaction) again soon enough.

yes

The fact that they can't understand the words closed caption is still amusing to me and this game is at least 4-5? Years now and it's still the same shit

I'll forever laugh at the fact that these bozos has never touched any hoyo game other than GI much less play it to know who himeko is and the fact that GI will forever be the cash cow while they put all of their resources to the HI IP since it's their crown jewel and favorite child

Top Bottom