"What is the point of being able to cast fire... if I can't light my classmates on fire! What is the point! 0/10, so disappointed"Kirschey

Vidya Games Thread

God's Strongest Dragoon

1724150677311.jpeg
Gaze upon this 9headed abomination.
conehead.png

:whatastory:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Black Myth: Wukong is doing impressive numbers.

1724155541404.png

It warms my heart to see the people that tried to take this game down for not being "diverse" being BTFO'd so hard.

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker
It warms my heart to see the people that tried to take this game down for not being "diverse" being BTFO'd so hard.
It's also helped by the fact that the game seems genuinely fun and engaging to play. It does have soulslike difficulty but balances it out with it's hack and slash gameplay. The only issue anyone has so far is the FPS performance on PC which can be fixed with a patch later on.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

View attachment 76243

People hate the game because it's not diverse enough.
I hate the game because Chinese mythology autofellatio makes me want to fucking kill myself.

Jork, the gameplay itself looks pretty alright, other than the PC port hitting 49 FPS at 1440p with RT off on a 4090.

But I'm already seeing swarms of the usual culture war tards unironically dicksucking China over this, trying to spin some gay message about Japan selling out to western values, but China staying based and redpilled. It's all so tiresome, etc., etc..
culture war this, chinese that i just want monkey to hit people with stick. Is that so wrong?

1724158286482.jpeg

Last edited:

Stunned But Dumb

culture war this, chinese that i just want monkey to hit people with stick. Is that so wrong?

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
It's not a bisexual female monkey with side-parted pink hair, so yes, it is wrong.

God's Strongest Dragoon

View attachment 76243

It's at 2.075M now. Seeing as how PUBG usually peaks around 10pm China time, that means there's almost an hour left for it to pass Palworld.
EDIT: Right as I post this, it just jumped to 2.093M. It's going to beat Palworld, it's only 8k people away.
EDIT2: It has officially beat Palworld's record
beatpalworld.png

Last edited:

Kalion

:)
I don't like this.
Publishers are going to see Wukong's numbers and go "Let's try getting into the Chinese market again!"

VSoyBoy

It's at 2.075M now. Seeing as how PUBG usually peaks around 10pm China time, that means there's almost an hour left for it to pass Palworld.
EDIT: Right as I post this, it just jumped to 2.093M. It's going to beat Palworld, it's only 8k people away.
View attachment 76246
So this is pretty much all China right? I've not heard a soul talk about this game other than acknowledging it's existence and out of 120 steam friends, 4 own it and 3 have it on the wishlist.

The Palworld and previous hypes felt a lot different to this.

Edit: Just looked at reviews, 100 thousand reviews and only 3 thousand in English.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I don't like this.
Publishers are going to see Wukong's numbers and go "Let's try getting into the Chinese market again!"
Are you ready for Chinese New Year, spring festival, summer festival, winter festival, Nanking memorial day, CCP day, Workers Day and Xi's birthday events in all of your favorite games? I am!

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

View attachment 76246
I saw some research that said the standard average is 68 copies sold per review. So, if you take 70 and times it by the total number of reviews (minus a review bombing period), you're likely around the total number of sales that stuck. This has really done numbers. It doesn't hurt that Journey to the West is the only Chinese story that seems to have any global reach and that first Trailer was firmly in the "wait, that's real?!?" category. And, to note, it does actually look like the trailer.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Are you ready for Chinese New Year, spring festival, summer festival, winter festival, Nanking memorial day, CCP day, Workers Day and Xi's birthday events in all of your favorite games? I am!

I will absolutely take that over a constant onslaught of niցցers and faցցots.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I will absolutely take that over a constant onslaught of niցցers and faցցots.
You'll get both at once, except the Yamanbas and faggots have different models in the Chinese client of the game.

Ballpark_Look

Western media is also insanely biased against East Asian game studios

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

VSoyBoy

Black Myth seems to be pretty much negligible outside of China

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Black Myth seems to be pretty much negligible outside of China

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the CCP was fudging the numbers, because for such a huge country they have a tiny amount of cultural exports, and pushing a decent game about chinawank is an easy sell. I mean, it's literally fucking working on twitter chudlets, they're supporting China to own the libs. Yeah, conspiracy theory, but it's not even that out there for the CCP.

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker
I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the CCP was fudging the numbers, because for such a huge country they have a tiny amount of cultural exports, and pushing a decent game about chinawank is an easy sell. I mean, it's literally fucking working on twitter chudlets, they're supporting China to own the libs. Yeah, conspiracy theory, but it's not even that out there for the CCP.
CCP also boasts a huge population of chinks so majority playerbase is definitely local. It does concern me how easy it is to influence the 'chuds' you would say to support something so idealogically opposed to them as long as the big numbers hurt the Alphabet mafia.

Top Bottom