"...and remember, always eat ass!"Gundou Mirei

Vidya Games Thread

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
There are more people supporting the CCP now besides dipshit leftists and West Taiwan nationals? :painpeko:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
There are more people supporting the CCP now besides dipshit leftists and West Taiwan nationals? :painpeko:
If you want, you can look under any of Mark Kern's 27 tweets fellating the game while talking about the game itself exactly zero times. Instead, I leave you with this.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
If you want, you can look under any of Mark Kern's 27 tweets fellating the game while talking about the game itself exactly zero times. Instead, I leave you with this.

The best part about this game is how many people it pisses off and how it can be used to trigger Xi dick suckers.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I wonder what it would take for people to accept that review scores don't matter. They never did. It was a lie fronted back when nintendo power was a printed rag.

01lol.png

God's Strongest Dragoon

I wonder what it would take for people to accept that review scores don't matter. They never did. It was a lie fronted back when nintendo power was a printed rag.

View attachment 76276
Gaming journalists got replaced by random dudes on youtube.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the CCP was fudging the numbers, because for such a huge country they have a tiny amount of cultural exports, and pushing a decent game about chinawank is an easy sell. I mean, it's literally fucking working on twitter chudlets, they're supporting China to own the libs. Yeah, conspiracy theory, but it's not even that out there for the CCP.

I did have questions about the numbers, especially as Steam Charts was having issues reading the information, but this is also the first real AAA style game to launch in China. And even if only 10% is outside of China, this game would still have had a ~200k concurrent peak and looking to sell 3-4 million copies. I mentioned that Journey to the West is the only real Chinese IP that has traction anywhere else. It, also, is the only Chinese IP with real traction in China. The fact it's popped off there isn't really a surprise, especially if you've seen the GPU sales figures to China.

CCP also boasts a huge population of chinks so majority playerbase is definitely local. It does concern me how easy it is to influence the 'chuds' you would say to support something so idealogically opposed to them as long as the big numbers hurt the Alphabet mafia.

A lot of the support is simply "Game Devs want to make game, Western Journos want to run extortion racket". So into the cultural war in gaming, Wukong was always going end up on one side. Game Science ended up as the normal dudes just wanting to make a game.

There will also, in the current era, be sympathy for any group that defends itself. The CCP may be a racially supremacist government, but at least they semi-attempt to uphold their people (when they aren't crushing them like all authoritarians do). Compare that to most Western governments that are at war with their own people & cultures, and you can see that direct appeal. We are stuck in the middle of real culture/religious wars and it's ugly.

Gaming journalists got replaced by random dudes on youtube.

They used to be random dudes that wanted to write about games. There was nearly a 30 years magazine industry around it, then websites hit and attracted a very different type of staff to the industry. And by attracted, I mean big corporate overlords hired the cheapest people they could find which were journalism students that couldn't make it into politics.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Dragoon

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Jesus, no wonder China sucks

God's Strongest Dragoon

Jesus, no wonder China sucks

>their latest attempt at a game based on Water Margin was an english translation of a Sega Genesis game from 1999 but the english translated version was released on Sega Genesis in 2015
What the fuck

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
CCP also boasts a huge population of chinks so majority playerbase is definitely local. It does concern me how easy it is to influence the 'chuds' you would say to support something so idealogically opposed to them as long as the big numbers hurt the Alphabet mafia.
Is it really so ideologically opposed? I haven't been able to play it yet but it looks like an action game that eschews modern politics in favour of retelling a classic Chinese novel with cool action mechanics, that doesn't seem overtly political to me.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Is it really so ideologically opposed? I haven't been able to play it yet but it looks like an action game that eschews modern politics in favour of retelling a classic Chinese novel with cool action mechanics, that doesn't seem overtly political to me.
Game isn't political. It's a Soul-like set in Journey to the West with some great hair physics. It's not like Lies of P didn't do really good numbers last year being a Soul-like set in the world of Pinocchio. It's a game structure that works, especially when you give people an action game with a giant stick. The MMO-action game Warframe has a "frame" called Wukong that hits things with a giant stick and it's worlds of fun to play. It's a prove combat formula with a setting that's popular and the initial trailer blew everyone away with the hair physics.

Everything around it didn't get political until Western parasites attempted to extort the company. Some journos are 1 leaked email away from being guilty of racketeering. When that situation made it out, then it became very political. The last cycle for being political is the American PR firm told the reviewers getting a copy early not to talk about Social or Geopolitical topics, which a couple of reviewers couldn't help themselves about. We still don't hate game journalists enough.

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker
I never implied the game itself was politically against the west. My take was that these chuds would gladly 180 their stance on China if it benefited them against the current political brain rot.

It's simple really. Just enjoy the game as it is and don't use it as a political or culture war medium against the libs. Backing the fucking CCP just to win isn't the greatest idea obviously.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

On a more fun topic, Gamescom is going on. Civ 7 finally announced (though there's no way they don't screw that up, given Modern Gaming), there is somehow another Batman Arkham game in VR (which will probably flop for no other reason than Suicide Squad happened), Diablo 4 expansion and Peter Molyneux apparently got a spiritual sequel to Black & White, Populus and Dungeon Keeper greenlit. It actually really intrigues me. (Edit: Peter has run a company called 22cans for a while. Apparently they made a game that became a blockchain game less than a year ago. The NFTs apparently made them 50mil when sold in 2022, but the game seemed DOA because of reality. The game, Masters of Albion, looks to use the same engine as other 22cans games, and it seems like Peter is in full control. So expect him to sell the world and release a buggy mess.)

Also, Blur Studios is doing short anthology animations for a bunch of games called "Secret Level". Blur has been the go-to 3D CG studio for most game companies for a while, so I guess they figure they can make more money just turning them into actual 5-10 minute stories.

Oh, and there's a Honkai Star Rail X Fate / Stay Night event? Cross-over? Whatever it is, it'll be designed to extract all of the Weeb money in the market.

Last edited:

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker
Also, Blur Studios is doing short anthology animations for a bunch of games called "Secret Level". Blur has been the go-to 3D CG studio for most game companies for a while, so I guess they figure they can make more money just turning them into actual 5-10 minute stories.
My expectations are really low for this considering it's still Hollywood goyslop making these animations.
Oh, and there's a Honkai Star Rail X Fate / Stay Night event? Cross-over? Whatever it is, it'll be designed to extract all of the Weeb money in the market.
Great. Now I have to share my space with an influx of deranged twitter retards obsessed with gay shipping and skin color nonsense. As if the fate franchise needed more of them.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Gamescom was pretty meh and only a few things caught my attention:
-Dying Light The Beast
-Mafia The Old Country
I will say I was surprised that the Indiana Jones game by Bethesda looked way better here than it did in any of the other presentations they did for it before, so it went from "it's going to be garbage" to "eh, let's see how this goes" for me. Everything else I've already seen before and have already made a decision on whether I'm going to play them or not.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

I can't get it to run playably yet, but Dokibird is having fun.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Oh yeah, Gamescom is happening I wonder how Atlus is do-

:gunpeko:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

VSoyBoy

Oh yeah, Gamescom is happening I wonder how Atlus is do-

:gunpeko:

Don't want to do you like this bro, but someone made a meme about you
iyqrje9nivjd1.jpg

Top Bottom