"Whenever I feel down I just think back to my, like, memory- recollection of Nixon quotes"Araminta Aminthe

Thread Proposal: Phase Invaders Liveposting

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Recently the main thread has been very heavily focused on the new Phase Invaders, particularly Dizzy and Jelly. At some points there have been 3-4 pages added in an hour or two just about their streams. Therefore, I'm proposing a liveposting thread for their content. Please vote on the matter. Poll will run for 48 hours.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
What about a general Phase Liveposting thread?

It'd probably be predominantly Pippa-related, but I can see a fair amount of it being Liaposting, Pankoposting, Loomerposting, 10maposting, etc. Kind of seems like it might just futureproof things. Obviously not-liveposting PC-related news would still go in General.

Last edited:

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
What about a general Phase Liveposting thread?

It'd probably be predominantly Pippa-related, but I can see a fair amount of it being Liaposting, Pankoposting, Loomerposting, 10maposting, etc. Kind of seems like it might just futureproof things. Obviously not-liveposting PC-related news would still go in General.
I'm fine with a Phase Invaders Liveposting thread, but not a Phase Liveposting thread. The latter might lead to a de facto Phase general. I mean, I was worried a de facto split would happen with the Pippa liveposting thread, and it hasn't; Pippa news is usually promptly cross-posted. But I think a de facto split is more likely if the liveposting thread is for an entire company. IMO liveposting threads should be reserved for talents whose forum fanbase regularly liveposts (i.e. occasionally getting carried away by 3D lives, outfit reveals, or Mario Party disasters doesn't count). Pippa and Kirsche met that criterion. I think the Phase Invaders do as well.

I say all this as someone who doesn't livepost about anyone much.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
It's going to die down eventually, it's worse when Dizzy livestreams because then you have a couple of play-by-players but it's nowhere near the same as the Pippa teleprompt posting, not even close.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I have noticed the main thread has become a lot less readable lately, and I just skip to the newest page instead of reading 10 pages where 75% of the stuff is fluff when it used to be only 25-40% before and therefore I have missed some important events because of the spam. I couldn't be more in support of this.

Edit: Honestly just fucking banish all of phaseconnect out of the general, 4 pages of fucking panko posting.... :Mumei-REE:

Last edited:

wrp

I feel like the liveposting will die off as they get more established. Consider that making a new thread now begets deleting/archiving it later if and when it becomes defunct.
Even if I'm wrong, I don't think continuously making new threads with every popular member is a good solution to the issue. It would probably be better to just add a soft "no liveposting" rule to the general thread, or spin it off into one big liveposting thread for all FOTM chuubas.

Thinking about it more, I don't have a problem with splitting invaders off into their own thread for an immediate bandaid on the problem, but it still needs to be discussed further than just "more phase connect threads yes/no" afterwards in terms of finding a better solution than that + futureproofing for Phase Gen 3/HoloEN Gen 3/IdolCorp Gen 2/any other smash hit basedcorp that forms in the future.
Pippa warrants her own thread on account of being basically the mascot of this entire side of the internet, and Kirsche is proctor's kamioshi so natch, but other than that imo these threads should be kept to the smallest possible count of particularly exceptional (or overdiscussed) vtubers. Too many underjustified threads makes for a lot of bitching about chuubas who totally deserve a thread (no they don't)

Last edited:

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
I'm sure it will die down eventually, but that many pages for a regular old live stream is ridiculous. I'm glad people are excited because new blood in Vtubing is great, but why not just post your thoughts at the end instead of making post after post of everything they are doing during the stream? If you want people to come watch, drop one comment in the main thread and make it sound worthwhile, then just wait until the end to let people know if it was fine or not. I'll always definitely vote for live posting having it's own thread UNLESS something truly special is happening. Just keep it to a different place so the main thread isn't just pages full of: "Omg she just did X lol" "Wow what she just said was so based" "She just threw shade at X holy shit" etc. and so forth.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Having a Pippa liveposting thread makes sense, it's about a quarter of the size of the main thread and having it all together would drown out discussion and mean worthwhile content gets missed. And I say this as an occasional live Pippa-poster. Not to mention that Reticule's power needs to be contained.

I don't have any issue with the occasional liveposting for other talents or corpos, even if I'm somewhat ambivalent towards them. Gives me a good idea what other people on here are interested in and what is happening in the vtuber sphere that's getting attention.

Since my opinion seems to be outnumbered, though, I'd also suggest a thread for Hololiveposting. That should get rid of roughly ninety-five percent of the liveposting in the thread and the rest can be easily skimmed over.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
One really lame thing that comes from splitting hairs is that it reduces visibility. It used to be that I would have Kirschey conveniently embedded with the rest of the main thread posts, but ever since she got her own thread I find myself interacting less on topics surrounding her.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
One really lame thing that comes from splitting hairs is that it reduces visibility. It used to be that I would have Kirschey conveniently embedded with the rest of the main thread posts, but ever since she got her own thread I find myself interacting less on topics surrounding her.
Agree.

Ever since the Pippa liveposting thread was made, I haven't been keeping up with her stream topics anymore.

Last edited:

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
I am exceedingly guilty of live posting in the main thread, and even though I know good and fucking well that's not what it's supposed to be for I find it's difficult to avoid at times, because vtubing is fun even as nothing more than an observer. And the points many of you are making to the tune of reducing visibility by splintering threads are fair. I've been exposed to all manner of talents I wouldn't have seen normally just because their stuff gets slapped in the main thread with everyone else.

However at the risk of expanding the scope of Proctor's original question about Phase Invaders specifically - at what point does the site grow beyond one main thread? Should posts in the main thread be heavily encouraged to be more informational, and live posting / low effort posting / 'hey this person is starting soon' stuff be discouraged or just moved elsewhere?

I don't have a suggestion for any of these things, really. I'll go with the flow.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Agree.

Ever since the Pippa liveposting thread was made, I haven't been keeping up with her stream topics anymore.
Isn’t this the exact point of a splinter thread though? People can still read both the general and liveposting threads. Separating them means that people that don’t care about the liveposting don’t have to read it all in the main thread.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Isn’t this the exact point of a splinter thread though? People can still read both the general and liveposting threads. Separating them means that people that don’t care about the liveposting don’t have to read it all in the main thread.
NOOOOOO!!!!!! I WANT EVERYONE TO SUFFER THROUGH MY ANNOYING PLAY TO PLAY SPAMMINGGGGG!!!!

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
The Pippa one made sense. It has 1000 plus pages.

The Kirsche one made less sense and this one makes the least sense. If I want to chat in an echo chamber I'll head to discord. I think you should merge the Kirsche one with the main thread and not make any more splinter threads.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Separate liveposting threads for indie/small corpo/Niji, Idol, PC, and Holo (or even throw Niji in here, since we don't have many Niji fans and even less that would livepost) would probably work, imo.

The Pippa one made sense. It has 1000 plus pages.

The Kirsche one made less sense and this one makes the least sense. If I want to chat in an echo chamber I'll head to discord. I think you should merge the Kirsche one with the main thread and not make any more splinter threads.
The only difference between liveposting in the main thread and the splinter thread will be people who don't give a shit and aren't watching the stream don't have to skip through a bunch of crap they don't care about. None of them will contribute either way. The point of the threads is liveposting, not ALL the discussion.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Why not give phase its own thread instead of splitting it up between pippa, invaders, and general? One big autistic thread for phase shit.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
I'm a lazy fuck. I prefer keeping up with just one thread rather than several threads.

Moff Albert

The Brown Hornet is my oshi
Calli's Husband
I'd like to throw my hat in the ring and agree that the entirety of PhaseConnect should probably have its own thread. The amount of posts Panko's stream is generating right now far outweighs any other type of post in the past few pages. Not to mention anytime one of the new talents goes live, the thread is inundated with handsome, intelligent, live-posting PhaseChads like myself.

Edit: As thhrang states below, just keep the capipis out.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
I like the Pippaposting thread the way it is, her being the topic is already more than enough to carry it. Give the Invaders & rest of Phase a shared thread, just don't touch the rabbit autism space, I'm adverse to change.
:cursedpeko:

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
The only difference between liveposting in the main thread and the splinter thread will be people who don't give a shit and aren't watching the stream don't have to skip through a bunch of crap they don't care about. None of them will contribute either way. The point of the threads is liveposting, not ALL the discussion.
Ok, let's have a general liveposting thread then. Once you put a name to it often even posts that are not during live streaming get posted in said thread. If I have a question or comment about Pippa I might post in her thread instead of getting buried in the main one. I don't like that and I shouldn't do that because I am not liveposting.

Liveposting is a problem of forum etiquette and splintering every community into threads won't solve that. I also don't like scrolling through liveposting, sperging or off topic stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom