Thread Proposal: Phase Invaders Liveposting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kestraline

Early Adopter
Do we get one for the ragdoll or not?

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
I like the Pippaposting thread the way it is, her being the topic is already more than enough to carry it. Give the Invaders & rest of Phase a shared thread, just don't touch the rabbit autism space, I'm adverse to change.
:cursedpeko:
I'm for 1 big phase thread so i can keep up with the other phase girls when theres a lull in the pippaposting. General can be for has-beens and dead vtubers like gura and the rest of holo en.

Liveposting is a problem of forum etiquette and splintering every community into threads won't solve that. I also don't like scrolling through liveposting, sperging or off topic stuff.
sounds like your oshii isn't popular. jk jk

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Alright for those that don't seem to get it, a liveposting thread is just for liveposting, anything else that is informative is supposed to be posted on the main thread, if something happens during a stream that is worthwhile to everyone it can be crossposted to the main thread, as far as i'm aware @thhrang has done a good job at illustrating this, as he's the one crossposting clips of pippa's streams from the liveposting thread to the main one.

As for liveposting threads, you could make a case for a company/branch specific liveposting thread, it would have to be a hololive thread, a holostars thread, a general niji thread (a single one for niji since they don't really have a lot of fans here, and most would live post collabs anyways), a jewcorp one, the phase connect one and an indie one, now the issue (outside of it being excessive) is that not every company gets liveposts, it seems like a phase issue most of the time, and even when a different company gets them, they're not happening for every stream.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
LEAVE PIPPA (thread) ALONE!

Admittedly our general yabbit tism will still reasonably require its own thread, but a secondary Phase liveposting one probably wouldn't hurt for everyone else. Back in ZE DAY I was much more used to the idea of the homelands one for all thing. However everyone's much more open and comfy with slapping general bs posts now so I could see splitting it at least a little. It's pretty hard to argue that PC doesn't get it's own level of attention. The Kirsche thread I agree ended up pretty uneccesary. She gets maybe like 15 posts from a unique stream unless there's a huge deal going on, but that happening once or twice a month is a lot different from us rabbit beings.

I however don't think we need much beyond that. Even the most ardent liveposting commentary from even Holo or Niji is pretty negligable comparatively. There's maybe a page or two spread out between even something like Bae's genital jousting stream for example. Even if you assume a HoloEN3 is going to kick up a lot you could just do a debut thread. After a week or so you can basically bet it's NOT going to reach the levels of Phase because Phase is still a unique case from the big ones. You're almost definitely not going to get "Panko Manko" level jokes between talents, you're likely not doing to get as much teasing and open sexual/dusty commentary, you probably aren't going to get the immediate hag fanservice, less "racy" jokes like COOKA DA MEATBALL, etc.

Phase just hits different because they're a company but just more lax about things and goof off with touchy subjects more so people get more silly with being able to let loose a bit compared to how most of us know better than to be raging degens or reference cows/schizos or make somewhat yab-ish comments in a Holo stream or something.

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
If we're going to have liveposting threads it'd probably be best to have one per talent pop up as and when their presence in the main thread gets out of hand. Having a general Phase liveposting thread, for example, would get confusing when multiple streamers are live at once. That being said it would help if someone makes "catch-up" posts in the main thread when something particularly notable happens during the streams, so people who aren't following the live threads can stay in the loop.

I'll admit something I've never been sure about is sometimes I'll post minor Pippa updates (just random tweets she makes etc.) in the Pippaposting thread when she's not live because I feel like some things aren't exactly newsworthy enough for non-capippis to care about, but might still be of interest to her regulars and spark a bit of conversation. A handful of other Pippa-specific topics have ended up there like the Thhrangussy manifesto too, which despite going against the "point" of a liveposting thread, still feels right to me given I doubt people who don't follow Pippa would have cared for about five pages straight of us talking in depth about the rabbit's emotional and physical wellbeing. I don't really know what the consensus is here about using the splinter threads like this vs. using the main thread.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
I have noticed the main thread has become a lot less readable lately, and I just skip to the newest page instead of reading 10 pages where 75% of the stuff is fluff when it used to be only 25-40% before and therefore I have missed some important events because of the spam. I couldn't be more in support of this.

Edit: Honestly just fucking banish all of phaseconnect out of the general, 4 pages of fucking panko posting.... :Mumei-REE:
Are you sure its not because you play too much minecraft and forgets to read your favorite forum?

YGO Link Monster

Knightmare Unicorn ATK 2200 LINK-3
2a43feeec667230fc0f392c0c64c1daa.jpg

Phase Chuds when they cant talk about big knockers Asian Lady in the General thread anymore

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
We have do SOMEHTING to get all this junk out of the Nolan Posting thread :panik:
Seriously , I think the Pippa thread should stay as it is because Pippa streams a lot and it often has it's onw conversations persisting through the day too.
I think a Invaders or even other Phase live posting thread would be okay, but ONLY for LIVE reaction posts and permitting normal postings and points of interest in the main thread. I do realize I posted to many times last night and I'm sorry. I got excited. I will try harder to not do so many posts in the thread about repetitive things.
I think it's important that anything of particular interest, with form stream or other, goes on the main thread, otherwise it will start to dry up and/or we may just have many more cases of the same thing being posted in multiple threads anyway, by mistake.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
/PCG/ Asylum Edition.
PC-GAE, for short.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Are you sure its not because you play too much minecraft and forgets to read your favorite forum?
You can't make me read 3000 messages about your oshi, you will get booted out of the general like the vermin you are.

Last edited:

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
This whole thread is more evidence that Proctor = Kevin and this forum exists to shill Phase Connect and friends. The homeland won't come back to the clearnet because the leader is being paid to keep it on tor only. Talents are forum members with some "pretending" to be themselves as a joke. Not that I hate the idea but...

:mitothink:
Think about it

hololive ruined /jp/

This whole thread is more evidence that Proctor = Kevin and this forum exists to shill Phase Connect and friends. The homeland won't come back to the clearnet because the leader is being paid to keep it on tor only. Talents are forum members with some "pretending" to be themselves as a joke. Not that I hate the idea but...

Think about it
whats proctor's take on marine?

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

Think about it
...uruka? :kroyandere:

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Last edited:

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
.I fucking wish, Kronii. You should collab with her though.
IRyS - Uruka collab would be legendary, if only because they are very similar. All it takes is just one of them to say something yabai, and they'll slide into talking about their lady friends kissing their thighs, sussy tattoos, and how they totally don't read doujins.

Thread: All opinions so far are reasonable. Except one: Nenefucker's.

:nenedance:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
I vote for a general liveposting thread. If you want to post or find that kind of content for anyone currently live, you go there, and you save the main thread for things people will care about beyond the next five minutes. Then if the Invaders or any other particular streamer or group starts dominating the liveposting thread to the detriment of others, you consider splintering off a liveposting thread just for them.

I understand that back on some other web forum that I've certainly never visited everyone was posting everything in a single thread out of necessity, but we don't have those limitations here. We can create as many threads as we want when it's beneficial to do so.

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
I think it still remains to be seen if Phase Invaders need their own Exclusive Liveposting thread. They're still new(as far as being in Phase Connect goes) and have a lot of excitement and buzz around them so it's natural there'd be more posting about them. Personally I'd wait and see if the excitement dies down and if it doesn't then make a liveposting thread for the ones getting the marjority of the posts.

Just to have it out there I will say I agree with the creation of the Pippaposting thread as it has roughly 1/3 the pages of the mainthread and they are deadset on eclipsing it in page count. Kirsches live thread seems like it was made as a knee jerk reaction but maybe I'm jaded by how fast Pippas moves? I also notice no one rees when there's holo liveposting but when there's non holo liveposting that's more than just me suddenly it's a problem.

I agree with Murray that there should just be one big Liveposting thread where we all ramble and shitpost while our oshis suicide bait, caterwaul about their biological clocks, and play games poorly on stream. If you keep making threads for specific chuubas and groups then you're just making glorified generals at that point. Question is though: How many people liveposting does it take to justify a Live thread? Cause I livepost about Marimari and Grimmi from time to time as well as others and most people seem to ignore it.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
I understand I contribute to the problem of too much liveposting in the general thread. I'm also guilty of posting responses to a stream with little to no context of what I'm referring to to people not watching the stream, so this is something I'll change. It's pretty obvious there's a reason why people like liveposting here rather than in some Discord or in the stream chat. We wouldn't be able to laugh and joke about the things we do outside of this place (Panko's Italians aren't black bit yesterday as an example). I do agree that general gets flooded with this, though, so I agree that a liveposting general thread would be nice, while allowing Pippa's to remain as-is.

That being said it would help if someone makes "catch-up" posts in the main thread when something particularly notable happens during the streams, so people who aren't following the live threads can stay in the loop.
I think this would help a lot as well.

I vote for a general liveposting thread. If you want to post or find that kind of content for anyone currently live, you go there, and you save the main thread for things people will care about beyond the next five minutes. Then if the Invaders or any other particular streamer or group starts dominating the liveposting thread to the detriment of others, you consider splintering off a liveposting thread just for them.

I understand that back on some other web forum that I've certainly never visited everyone was posting everything in a single thread out of necessity, but we don't have those limitations here. We can create as many threads as we want when it's beneficial to do so.
I can kind of understand why people don't want so many different threads, though I don't really agree with some of the reasoning. But at the very least, I agree a general liveposting thread would help. Maybe encourage people to be a little more specific about who they're liveposting about, especially if it gets a little more confusing, and at the end, like @Hff201 suggested, someone could post a summary in the general thread about the stream. And if something really notable happened, post it in general and maybe make a Community Happenings Post.

But to just answer the question of this thread itself and not take the idea of a general liveposting thread into account:

While I think it'll eventually slow down, I think it should be an alright idea, and if it starts slowing down, the thread could always be locked and discussions moved back into general.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
I have noticed the main thread has become a lot less readable lately, and I just skip to the newest page instead of reading 10 pages where 75% of the stuff is fluff when it used to be only 25-40% before and therefore I have missed some important events because of the spam. I couldn't be more in support of this.

Edit: Honestly just fucking banish all of phaseconnect out of the general, 4 pages of fucking panko posting.... :Mumei-REE:
I mean we could have 10 pages of Hololive posting but they don't stream. :smugselen:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I mean we could have 10 pages of Hololive posting but they don't stream. :smugselen:
We could also have 10 pages on Niji posting but nobody gives a shit about them. :smugrys:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom