"The interesting thing about Lenox and one of the reasons I like her a great deal is that she is a genuinely extremely traumatized individual and she has suffered a horrible horrible amount of stuff in her life"The Proctor

Termination of Yozora Mel

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Psst, Niji, now's the perfect time to drop the Selen post, everyone's distracted by Hololive.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Her viewership was tanked before she joined VShojo, so it is not like VShojo caused that.
I wouldn't know, but I'll take your word for it. I'm just saying that I used to watch her, but I don't anymore. I can't speak for anyone else.
:botanshrug:

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
The actual reason is found. Shame her fate was predetermined

Since there still no info this and the halloween song are somehow the most less schizo rrats out there: but i gotta say the rrat of Bushiroad doing this just so the cards are more valuable its funny

Negzana

Since there still no info this and the halloween song are somehow the most less schizo rrats out there: but i gotta say the rrat of Bushiroad doing this just so the cards are more valuable its funny
Given Shion seemingly has a toe out the door already, I still vouch for the Halloween Song curse rrat

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Given Shion seemingly has a toe out the door already, I still vouch for the Halloween Song curse rrat
Shion has had a toe out the door for years now, though. People have been saying this since 2021, I feel like. There just seems to be no incentive to leave Holo once they let you go into Ayame/Gura mode.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
If they didn't let go of Ayame, they won't let go of Shion for the same reason.
the monkey paw curls

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
As sad as PIkamee's graduation and as much as I hate Vshojo her graduation was a blessing in disguse. Unlike Kson who is kind of a sad shell of Coco, Henya is great and arguably has never been better.

Mel is going to go back to lewd ASMR and ethoting

So this is pretty sad, but this is the first major departure in Hololive I don't feel too much. She was always a "who" to me and I am moreso sad it had to end in a nuking.
I mean, Mel isn't really going to go back to it. She never stopped.

I guess the twice monthly content might be increased to weekly content.

The Rratarded Alt

I mean, Mel isn't really going to go back to it. She never stopped.

I guess the twice monthly content might be increased to weekly content.
Also doesn't mean it is the only thing she will do. She could pop up in collabs with some PLs still. If she goes hard enough, maybe get back into inner circles with the likes of VCR, etc too.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Psst, Niji, now's the perfect time to drop the Selen post, everyone's distracted by Hololive.
They can't, they have to drag this out, draaaaag it out as much as possible so everyone suffers, no revenue is made and we all just sit on our asses ratting over the internet. Why this is the chosen way of JP corpo executives, I could not tell you.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
There were these 2 pretty bad Jason Statham movies called "Crank" where he had to keep his heart rate high to avoid dying. We're going to need to talk to Proctor about somethings, haha.
Those movies introduced me to Statham I really need to loop back to transporter one of these days I love that badass snarky brit
Shion has had a toe out the door for years now, though. People have been saying this since 2021, I feel like. There just seems to be no incentive to leave Holo once they let you go into Ayame/Gura mode.
So it's SHION'S fault! Her wife just followed in her footsteps

I kid I just wanted to make a Gura joke for once did I do it right?

Last edited:

Vih

Doog
These ladies have One FUCKING JOB: DO NOT BREAK THE RULES ON A LEGALLY BINDING PIECE OF PAPER

Is it really that hard?!

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

Although the incident is handled well between Cover and liver, which is a relatively good ending to some extent, it is not so for the audience, they do not need any ending.

It's a pity that Mel didn't seize this opportunity. As an audience , I don't want to criticize her. I just gained unpleasant feelings for nothing

Negzana

I don't know how the business world works but I assume while this is a black mark on her record this doesn't make her radioactive like Rushia? Like with Rushia she was actually destructive and legitimately pissed everyone off with what she did. Cover seems to wish the best of luck with Mel and find their decision sad, it's just rules are rules.

bothyourhouses

Yes, the line is in the Cover document:

継続することが困難と判断し、当該タレントと合意の上、本決断を選択いたしました。
"We determined that it would be difficult to continue and, in agreement with the talent concerned, we have chosen to make this decision."

Specifically:
当該 タレントと合意の上
当該 (togai) - aformentioned
タレント (tarento) - talent
と (to) - with
合意の上 (goi no ue) mutual agreement

Aforementioned - talent - (with) mutual agreement
You can't really translate words directly like that, and even if the words seem to correspond the overall meaning may not. That "合意の上" means she's acknowledged the termination, but it doesn't carry any implication that she was offered an alternative, the way some people are reading it.
I don't know how the business world works but I assume while this is a black mark on her record this doesn't make her radioactive like Rushia? Like unlike Rushineko who comes off as toxic and destructive, Cover seems to wish the best of luck with Mel and find their decision sad, it's just rules are rules. Rushia actually pissed them off with her antics.
A traditional Japanese corpo wouldn't touch someone like this, but the entertainment industry is probably a bit more flexible.

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
I don't know how the business world works but I assume while this is a black mark on her record this doesn't make her radioactive like Rushia? Like with Rushia she was actually destructive and legitimately pissed everyone off with what she did. Cover seems to wish the best of luck with Mel and find their decision sad, it's just rules are rules.
It'll make people wary of trusting you but not literally blacklist you like Rushia is. She'll be fine in most circles, just nothing to do with sensitive information (high end Vtubing corps for example like having A LOT kept secret for up to a year at times.)

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
You can't really translate words directly like that, and even if the words seem to correspond the overall meaning may not. That "合意の上" means she's acknowledged the termination, but it doesn't carry any implication that she was offered an alternative, the way some people are reading it.
Nor does it imply that she wasn't given an alternative (and decided not to take it). You are making assumptions about her actions. You don't know if she simply acknowledged it or not. And we may never know the whole story. Cover has updated their EN version and they chose the "agreement with the talent", which sounds pretty mutual to me. And this word in general usage means "mutual agreement" or "a consensus". Granted, it may be JP corpo-speak, but the point of the post was to confirm that the missing sentence/paragraph in the EN version was definitely in the EN version.

The Rratarded Alt

Idk but I'd like to think the CEO going out of his way to say some kind words about her would show that the firing wasn't because of any personal issues. Him, A-chan, and Nodoka making statements is really odd and not in the norm at all for a termination.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
Idk but I'd like to think the CEO going out of his way to say some kind words about her would show that the firing wasn't because of any personal issues. Him, A-chan, and Nodoka making statements is really odd and not in the norm at all for a termination.
Agreed. Rushia got no such parting words from Yagoo or A-chan, if I recall.

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter
If Mio feels sad about Rushia
Imagine how she feels about Mel who has been for literally the double amount of time
And imagine how she feels about my tiny dick in her ass.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Top Bottom