"Liberal media strikes again!"Kiryu Coco

Termination of Yozora Mel

Negzana

I agree with this assessment, to me Mel has had a lot of repeat offenses over the years and has been warned about it repeatedly until the corpo had no option but to cut their loses.

I mean... despite how people react to them, graduations are inevitable. One day all vtubers WILL graduate, since they are played by real people and the character dies once the person moves on, everyone will someday move on with their lives, it's an inevitability.
I get why fans view "graduation" as such an indictment against corpos, seeing it as PROOF! of malpractice (which admittedly it often is) but graduations will only become more frequent as time goes on and more vtubers either fall out of the hobby or age out of their careers in this industry, and I think Cover has done good in being able to systemically soften the blow to the fanbase, some people will of course forsake Holo for slighting their oshi, but that's to be expected.

Not really true with Mel since she was already more popular on her roommate persona.
Everyone eventually retires their character. It's just feels better when it feels like their career has already peaked and they want to move on. I don't know any major examples of this aside for Kizuna.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Not much to add that hasn't been said. We're losing a sweetheart who was possibly too naive for her own good. Liked her in collabs, couldn't watch her normal streams, always a pleasure to see up on the stage. In other words - Shit's Fucked.
(Also, don't find out about a termination on the way to work and wonder why General isn't taking about it)

It's also definitely a tough decision for cover since holofes/expo is just a few months away yet they pushed on with the decision, so it must've been quite severe
If we could let the same intern-kun from 3rd FES know that THIS TIME to delete the short haired blonde, that'd be great.

Art mama Ayamy having a good cry session on stream right now.

Oof, she's crying extra for those of us who are just disappointed. :inatiredl:

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Everyone eventually retires their character. It's just feels better when it feels like their career has already peaked and they want to move on. I don't know any major examples of this aside for Kizuna.
Well, apparently Coco was an example, too, we just didn't know it at the time. That was clearly her peak, given what we know now.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Well, apparently Coco was an example, too, we just didn't know it at the time. That was clearly her peak, given what we know now.
her legacy died there and then shes just a husk of what she once was

or so i say but shes been like this even before holo her being filtered in the company made her shine among them coupled that shes one of the earliest ones to regularly interact with the untapped west back then

such a shame really

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Mel was never very popular, and I doubt she would've gotten much more popular in a larger and larger cast. Kizuna didn't "reach her peak" anyways, she and her corpo just fucking fumbled the ball, failed to adapt to new technology/trends and got slowly overshadowed by Niji/Holo and the boom until they were made irrelevant. This happened to ALL of the kings.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

If Rica isnt going to say something here is a Guutara twitcast just in case some JP schizo creates a rrat with just this

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer
So if she agreed to be terminated, why do they nuke the content? Apologies if someone has already asked this.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I just noticed that prostate misspelled Mel's name on the announcement... Does he ever make one without misspelling something?

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
So if she agreed to be terminated, why do they nuke the content? Apologies if someone has already asked this.
Revenue sharing. Without a contract they can't share the money.

Mel might not be the most popular but it's always a good thing to have kind and personable people around. The type that always call in for birthdays and the ones who sign up first for events. Cover will miss that. :beatanicrying:

She has lots of friends so I am curious for the future.

The Rratarded Alt

I'm gonna miss AMel streams the most. Their last collab was peak

SomeRando

Mel got fired on purpose so she can officially join Phase JP :cursedbae:

"Yagoo we coming for YOU niggaaa!" - Sakana

YGO Link Monster

Knightmare Unicorn ATK 2200 LINK-3
Thats the effect of a termination
Mel accepting the blame just means she will not try to use a lawyer like Rushia to deny the leak

Koronesuki

X-Potato
her legacy died there and then shes just a husk of what she once was

or so i say but shes been like this even before holo her being filtered in the company made her shine among them coupled that shes one of the earliest ones to regularly interact with the untapped west back then

such a shame really
I actually watched Kson somewhat regularly during the year between Coco's graduation and when she joined VHoeShow. She had some fun 50 US state memes streams, and her karaoke was always great too. I haven't really watched her much at all since she joined VHoeShow.

The Rratarded Alt

I actually watched Kson somewhat regularly during the year between Coco's graduation and when she joined VHoeShow. She had some fun 50 US state memes streams, and her karaoke was always great too. I haven't really watched her much at all since she joined VHoeShow.
Her viewership was tanked before she joined VShojo, so it is not like VShojo caused that.

Bronze

The actual reason is found. Shame her fate was predetermined

Awoogers

WaWa

This is the first time I am really truly sad about the loss of a vtuber. Closest was with Pikamee, but I was too angry to be sad.

A clip of the Banpire was the second Hololive content I ever watched. I will miss her. :inatiredl:

The Rratarded Alt

Negzana

This is the first time I am really truly sad about the loss of a vtuber. Closest was with Pikamee, but I was too angry to be sad.

A clip of the Banpire was the second Hololive content I ever watched. I will miss her. :inatiredl:
As sad as PIkamee's graduation and as much as I hate Vshojo her graduation was a blessing in disguse. Unlike Kson who is kind of a sad shell of Coco, Henya is great and arguably has never been better.

Mel is going to go back to lewd ASMR and ethoting

So this is pretty sad, but this is the first major departure in Hololive I don't feel too much. She was always a "who" to me and I am moreso sad it had to end in a nuking.

Awoogers

They ARE the reason Shuba can't play YuGiOh, after all.
:cursedpeko::cursedpeko::cursedpeko::cursedpeko::cursedpeko::cursedpeko:BASTARDS FIRST YOU DONT GIVE ME MY GOD GIVEN RIGHT ON PLAYING SIF2 NOW YOU DONT GIVE THE DUCK THE FUNNY CARD GAME?
PREPOSTEROUS:cursedbae::cursedbae::cursedbae::cursedbae::cursedbae:

Top Bottom