"I could make out with this lemon and you would never know"S.S. Isa

Termination of Yozora Mel

Militante

Mel is going to Phase
I can't believe the fishman got a talent to graduate from Hololive just to end up in Phase Connect JP
God it would be funny if that did somehow happen

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer
Imagine what would happen if Proctor ever fell into a coma.
You can see why he is holding up on the server move, the second he hits the transfer button a whole load of drama will kick up during the move.

I joke, I know he's making sure he has backup facilities in place, but the way this month (and last) have been going, nothing is stopping now.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Vox will die next for your cheeky comment Nijifriend.

Promise?

Doggo twins are pulling a vesper and graduating after their first year contract is over after pulling a heart warming plastic ball debut story of finally getting their dream job.

If anything at all happens, literally anything, even a fucking hangnail, I'm coming for your ass to make you pay for this comment.

I guess MichaelCat can take solace in the fact that people will be talking about her less since she isn't the last termination anymore :smugselen:

On the contrary, how dare that bitch Mel take her thunder by getting instantly canned out of literally nowhere? Time will tell if in about a years time a suspiciously familiar indie starts streaming after getting a model commissioned from the one-and-only ayamy.

niggaphil

I can't believe the fishman got a talent to graduate from Hololive just to end up in Phase Connect JP
Wait until the PhaseJP debut, then we would know this is true or not :smugselen:

To be fair, I have similar RRAT as well, it is also the timing of PhaseJP announcement and debut, while Cover terminate Mel contract because they only found out that Mel contacted fishman without letting Yagoo know (yeah I am bullshitting 99% of the time) :smugselen:

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
It's got party in the name, it's close enough.
It does kind of make sense if death was at a party that bad stuff would happen to the guests...wait what about the house party that Calli's sister threw, the one that Gura was at. Maybe Gura has really been resisting a weakened version of the curse for the past year?

Last edited:

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
I guess we now know why this collab was postponed, it would have started at the exact same moment the termination was announced.

Perms was the first guess, but they usually aren't shy about saying streams are cancelled due to perms or tummy hort. Promising to explain on stream later does sound like the postponement was because of the termination announcement. If so, Cover learned at least one thing from Rushia's termination: tell the ENs and IDs in advance so they don't tweet quite as many expletives.

I'm not sure what the significance is of this. Is this some other streaming/video hosting service?
The significance is that she has screwed up and used Mel stream assets on her PL before, but as other Holos have shown, that's not a firing offense.

They updated it to match the JP
For autistic documentation, the old English version was up until at least 09:22 UTC. The update was no later than 11:16 UTC.

It may be the reason. Although considering how instant this was she must have rejected it with no thoughts.

Archive

At first, I agreed with Nano's interpretation, but now I have my doubts. The claimed breach - "leaking information that she acquired from the company to third parties" - is more specific than Yuri's termination notice. Even if we don't know what was leaked, how it was leaked, or to whom, I'm not sure what remedy could have been proposed (obvious jokes aside), and if there was a proposed remedy, why Mel would decide it was not worth 5 years of work.

Choco and Lui are live now, cooking for Iroha. I can't understand them, and Choco may be making sure the show goes on, but she seems fine.

Last edited:

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
The pieces are falling into place in Fishman's grand plan to poach Marine.

YGO Link Monster

Knightmare Unicorn ATK 2200 LINK-3
Perms was the first guess, but they usually aren't shy about saying streams are cancelled due to perms or tummy hort. Promising to explain on stream later does sound like the postponement was because of the termination announcement. If so, Cover learned at least one thing from Rushia's termination: tell the ENs and IDs in advance so they don't tweet quite as many expletives.

The significance is that she has screwed up and used Mel stream assets on her PL before, but as other Holos have shown, that's not a firing offense.

For autistic documentation, the old English version was up until at least 09:22 UTC. The update was no later than 11:16 UTC.

At first, I agreed with Nano's interpretation, but now I have my doubts. The claimed breach "leaking information that she acquired from the company to third parties" is more specific than Yuri's termination notice. Even if we don't know what was leaked, how it was leaked, or to whom, I'm not sure what remedy could have been proposed (obvious jokes aside), and if there was a proposed remedy, why Mel would decide it was not worth 5 years of work.

Choco and Lui are live now, cooking for Iroha. I can't understand them, and Choco may be making sure the show goes on, but she seems fine.
All examples of graduations carried some kind of contractual obligations in their aftermath: like getting paid for merch that was not already shipped and etc.
Also that would mean to get mentioned as an Alumni wich is a pretty big deal because MAGNI and VESPER are Alumnis but Mel its not going to be one
Without clear info its really hard to determine what its the reason of the leak, the motivations and what ever was the info leaked so there are only rrats to rely on:
I am going to watch JP Dramatubers to find if one of them say something specific about Holo

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
EN Drama fags already trying to get views. Not going to give him the satisfaction and even hate watch

Limkin

Mel is REALLY stupid and kind girl. Having massive laps of judgements because she just assumes good things, instead of using the brain and realizing it's very bad is on brand for her. The most likely scenario is she blubbed something to Kson, thinking it's not a big deal and she will never talk about it, because it would be trouble for Mel and they are good friends, even knowing full well she shouldn't talk about it. Like, "oh, we can't meet up on this date because we will have a concert on that day" level of innocent, but before it was announced and therefore leaking the info. Then Cover found out about it, or even she herself mentioned it, and we have what we have.
Also I am pretty sure she released more music and more well known as Rica/kurenekodatten, she even worked with faketype on her album and Ollie's artist did illustration for it. Her role in Holo was very much "first collab partner" and just being friends with others. It's not the Rushia kind of situation, where you have a golden throne snapped under you and throwing you into a dumpster. She will be fine.

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Sucks to wake up to this, as I always liked Mel, but never watched her. It is difficult to have any real opinion on this, as there is no information public aside from the announcement. Compared to the reaction and shitshow that was Rushia's firing, it is surprising how muted this all is.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
EN Drama fags already trying to get views. Not going to give him the satisfaction and even hate watch

But there is nothing to talk about! We have zero information other than the twitter releases!

That's not even hot air, that's Evanit0 (and soon enough, others) trying to talk in a literal vacuum.

frz

Haha exactly 10:00 when there's nothing to talk about. Youtubers are a special kinda creatures :inahungryl:

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Sucks for the fans but i heard she is pretty big alone herself in the ASMR and TTRPG circles + all of these years in vtubing the only way she doesnt get another job is if JP corpos dont want a terminated member(there are some cases)

Lap is sad because she really wanted to do some things with Mel

niggaphil

Sucks for the fans but i heard she is pretty big alone herself in the ASMR and TTRPG circles + all of these years in vtubing the only way she doesnt get another job is if JP corpos dont want a terminated member(there are some cases)

Lap is sad because she really wanted to do some things with Mel

To be fair, La+ is not graduate surprises me, due to some incidents she caused in the previous years :smugselen:

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Wait...WHAT.
If anything, I figured she and Noel might get canned if their spicy meat ASMR ever went too far..but pulling a Rushia? I didn't see that coming. Jesus..

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Shit sucks. Glad to know she at least have a back up plan with her PL. Wishing her all the best.

Bronze

Sucks to wake up to this, as I always liked Mel, but never watched her. It is difficult to have any real opinion on this, as there is no information public aside from the announcement. Compared to the reaction and shitshow that was Rushia's firing, it is surprising how muted this all is.
Guess they've learned their lesson. Plus its a Gen 1 member so they should thread carefully, which they did. PR moves were perfect, allowing her last message included

Negzana

Holy shit this is not the type of thing to wake up to. I Read through the thread, here are my thoughts.

1. This is so left field holy shit. With Rushia's downfall we had 2 weeks of build up and speculation before the announcement dropped. Even in terms of graduations one kind of could have predicted Coco, Sana, and Vesper/Magni were calling it quits. This was out of nowhere.

2. This doesn't seem as dire as Rushia's situation. There she was nuked from orbit and permanently tainted. Mel being able to apologize about her termination either means Hololive doesn't want to be as cold as with Rushia's or what she did wasn't as damaging. This seems to make sense given rrats are Rushia potentially doxxed her own friends while Mel seems to have just said offhand inner workings of the company?

3. I really didn't expect Mel. I don't watch her, the most I know about her was when Kaela discussed playing in an escape room with her, but that makes me sad just knowing the little I heard from Kaela. I was really expecting, if anyone, it would be Matsuri who'd end up terminated if it came down to that. Fubuki and Aki are older and wise enough not to cross the line and I can only see Haachama leaving due to health or potential dynastic issues. I had no reason to believe Mel would leave

4. Gen 1 now has two terminated talents

5. Halloween Night, Tonight! is an even more depressing song now

chihirogumi

Someone's gotta strap Proctor to a no sleep machine at this point.
main-qimg-ceaf4496f4406d7c291591cdbfddaef6.jpg
I don't remember why it came up but I was about to make a post just a few hours ago about how hard it was to get terminated by Cover.
What. The. Fuck.
can you write an essay about how difficult it would be for me to make a million bucks please?
Cover's English Letter from their site: https://cover-corp.com/en/news/detail/20240116
View attachment 61637
Saw Yagoo's tweet first on this; A-chan
View attachment 61638View attachment 61639

They're going to do a stream soon: "From Hololive 1st generation to the fans"

View attachment 61640

This month is history in the making for the vtuber scene (in a bad way). The first graduations/terminations of 1st gen talents for Niji and Holo. We're gonna be in for a wild year.

Top Bottom