"Don't use tik-tok it's stupid, it's a waste of... everything"Nanashi Mumei

Termination of Yozora Mel

USS IOWA

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
I can't believe I woke up to something this shocking, it bothers me that we'll likely never know the details about her leak unless someone is brave enough to do so.
It's also definitely a tough decision for cover since holofes/expo is just a few months away yet they pushed on with the decision, so it must've been quite severe

I feel sad for kobo though she practically acted like her big sister when kobo is in japan :pippasadl:

100% not Hakka

Don't tell Yagoo
What in the fucking hell

Come the fuck on man

COME THE FUCK ON :gunpeko:
I fucking hate this year already
And it's just begun!
Strap up, bitchboy!

38a (1).jpg

Bug Eater

I saw this posted but no proof or anything else, She cant be this dumb right? come on Mel
Looks like she just used the wrong stream key, the time + thumbnail for the 12/02 stream matches up with her Fashion Dreamer stream as Mel. But as others have pointed out it's unlikely to be the reason.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
I know this is slightly off topic, this is the keeki stream that i talked about:

The fuckin face is always a good reaction. Just such a "oh shit.." moment before she wisely let things ride and moved on.

Didn't Kay Yu already state he was going to include Rushia anyways?
I'm pretty sure I remember that but imagine that avoiding/removing them might not be a big priority anyway. Unless their chat with Cover changed that idea, which I don't believe has ever been asked about. Though I imagine if Cover was gonna try to hardass about that type of thing then they might have asked for the other referential things already in to be removed. (Aloe's headphones, Pretty sure Rushia's butterfly is on the castle wall, etc)

Not gonna pretend I watched Mel a ton or whatever unless I just happened to see her on. She was always pretty cute in the main channel game skits and Hologra stuff though. Not torn up but still a mood dampening thing to see.

Doggo twins are pulling a vesper and graduating after their first year contract is over after pulling a heart warming debut story of finally getting their dream job.
I bonked, but y'know this wouldn't be the saddest thing for them probably. Maybe for Ruffians but if they got their IRL project going and moved to doing real life stuff, I would be sad but wish them the best. Then try and keep up with that pending how they went about it.
Although I would be curious if it would lead to a better living for them or not. Iirc they've have a number of struggles trying to live their dreams and sort of struck me like Kiara where shit just kept falling apart until Hololive kickstarted a road for them. Guess we'll see if they keep going forward with it throughout the year.

Last edited:

Elite Miko

Early Adopter
Damn, what a shit way to start the new year. Hopefully she'll bounce on her feet.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
live2d and vtube studio go bankrupt

VTube Studio deserves it. Shitty-ass software doesn't even work right now and they won't respond to my requests for support.

They got all of Gen 1 for this announcement. It's all hands on deck, shit is fucked.

Well, not all of gen 1…

View attachment 61645
Someone who speaks nip like murray confirm this please. Though it doesn't mean much, you know how nips are with "they chose to leave" situations.

Also if anyone can translate this section of the JP announcement:
View attachment 61646

Rumors and MTL seem to indicate there's a line about "after reaching an agreement with the talent" that didn't make it into the EN announcement, but I don't trust internet rumors or translation apps for shit like this.

Corpo-JP make brain hurty but I'm pretty sure that's what it says, yes. The significance of not including something like that in the EN translation? No idea.

I saw this posted but no proof or anything else, She cant be this dumb right? come on Mel

I'm not sure what the significance is of this. Is this some other streaming/video hosting service?

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
My headcanon
Mel does things as normal and gets an early meeting request for the 16th. She arrives to some intervention about her conduct in VCU/NIJI collab/outreach (1 song released each month) and is blindsided. There is no option to defend internally. The last action is from "Mels" twitter, posting a random image "from" Mel.

I bet Mel gave Choco's RM info to the Niji girls and got terminated for it, despite Choco not caring.
Reminder for some people - even if criticism is factually correct you can be sued for defamation in Japan. I don't believe Mel defamed anyone. 2024 is shit and it's hit the fan. This is annoying.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Fucking Jamba ninjutsu'd this shit out of thin air

Chaama comes back and first gen gets to collab but now there will never be a concert. Fuck. Mel planned to roll out 1 cover a month this year. She also filled out her relationship chart

4756892.png

Su-san. You always talk to me in a cheerful manner. Also, you laugh with me and retort to my jokes. There is never a dull moment with you! At times you suddenly shoot me with a compliment so direct that I respond like a Tsundere but it makes me really happy! Let's hang out together again this year! There was a time when we called each other "darling" and "honey" as well.... I'll prepare sandwiches for you again
Fucking hell man. They just started to get close over the past year :gunpeko:

Cherish your oshis while you can. Shit really can just happen out of nowhere.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
I didn’t intend for my Winter of Blood comment on new years to be prophetic please for the love of god make it stop.
:kiaragodno::pikameefuck:

Last edited:

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Holobros maybe we got too cocky...

Nah, fuck nijisanji

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
You know, I'm really going to miss this vtuber I've never watched before, or even heard of until now.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Just an update, Choco's cooking stream got delayed an hour.

She also planned for a member stream at 11PM JST so the news and this delay might affect how things will go.

I remember reading AZKi was hired based on Mel's recommendation (or the other way around) so she might talk about it during her member stream later at 10.30PM JST.

Dawifet

I love my dumb dorky nephilim
Namirin's Husband

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
Leaking info to 3rd parties was the final nail in Rushia's coffin too. Guess that's the one thing Holo don't fuck around with.

Learn from this girlies. Loose lips sink ships and all that.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter
Learn from this girlies. Loose lips sink ships and all that.
Asking women not to gossip and share things they shouldn't is like asking a Fish to climb a tree

UberSoldat

I guess MichaelCat can take solace in the fact that people will be talking about her less since she isn't the last termination anymore :smugselen:

IdenticalPlateaus

After thinking on it a bit it seems like the most likely explanation is a mix of the offence being mild, Japanese corpo autism being Japanese corpo autism and good PR to avoid black company accusations that plague Cover's competitors. I know it is probably wasn't possible because of the aforementioned autism, but if everything is so amicable it's kind of stupid that they didn't just get her to sign a resignation and an NDA before going ahead with a fake graduation. Questionable ethically? Maybe, but in my opinion the obvious best move they had available.

You can criticise the logic of entering a contract regarding secrets with someone who just violated one, but there could always be harsh breach penalties to give Cover some peace of mind. And to continue the game theory, what would they stand to lose from this decision? It gets revealed that Cover allowed the Banpire to save face and fall on her sword? Isn't Japan all about that shit anyway? So based on the information we have I think they made a good move but not the best move they could have. B+ Cover, but that could easily fall to a failing grade if it comes out that what was leaked was so minor that it should have been forgiven.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Top Bottom