"Daijoubu dengana"Ookami Mio

AkioAIR: Hiring a minor was only the tip of the mismanagement iceberg. How to destroy an agency in under 1 month.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
I pray that Megumi is alright, I knew of her months prior her last stream, where you could see she really enjoyed her community from the bottom of her heart.

Kalion

:)

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
QRD on this?
They pwned trash bear but not the literal child?

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
QRD on this?
They pwned trash bear but not the literal child?
Announcing child caused scrutiny which exposed several iffy things about the company's management, causing at least three talents to abandon ship. Most likely they know more about things than has been made public. Basically a groomer CEO who doesn't know how to run something professional.

hara돌

☆하라돌이라고합니다☆
I am now 90% sure Hanabi was Orion and she has walked as well.

hanabi following not!vix
Screenshot (4644) - Copy.png
previously, kazune (ex-tsun) rt-ed both chiyo and orion
Screenshot (4645) - Copy.png

Hanabi return real?

A

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I genuinely cannot wait to see what absolutely radioactive, bottom-of-the-barrel yab machines they court to recast the models with before debut. Even most of the Cyberlive leftovers have been scooped up at this point, the only way they can dig their way out of having to publicly admit everyone left is to throw sweetheart deals at the kind of desperate 2views who'd sign a contract without even Googling the company's name first.

hara돌

☆하라돌이라고합니다☆
I genuinely cannot wait to see what absolutely radioactive, bottom-of-the-barrel yab machines they court to recast the models with before debut. Even most of the Cyberlive leftovers have been scooped up at this point, the only way they can dig their way out of having to publicly admit everyone left is to throw sweetheart deals at the kind of desperate 2views who'd sign a contract without even Googling the company's name first.
They apparently have some sort of ""academy"" that they're pulling replacements from.
So at best? Twitch 0views. At worst? Pre-debut vtweeters.
What a waste of beautiful models.
:depressedtako:

Kalion

:)
This is what makes me think the best is yet to come. This "drama" really isn't much of anything beyond "Company made bad decision, talented women sadly effected" right now. It has the potential to really get good.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
This is what makes me think the best is yet to come. This "drama" really isn't much of anything beyond "Company made bad decision, talented women sadly effected" right now. It has the potential to really get good.
Currently the "Jason gets groom-y with them and tells them to break up with their boyfriends" thing is just an unconfirmed anonymous rrat. If the new girls aren't the type to keep their mouths shut, we could get some REALLY juicy shit.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
4772795__e188297988ce060ed77289f0d306731a.jpg

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
honestly at the rate the company is imploding take the deal and wait for the company to end.won't be long if they are willing to put out enough cash to potentially bankrupt themselves with their rep tarnished like this.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
honestly at the rate the company is imploding take the deal and wait for the company to end.won't be long if they are willing to put out enough cash to potentially bankrupt themselves with their rep tarnished like this.

I would never join a company I knew was sinking at or near the bottom-most level, because too often they're left without weeks or months of pay when things collapse because the top execs embezzle and hide as much as they can when they see the writing on the wall and/or their books are so screwed up that the just don't have as much money in the bank as they thought they did on paper.

I guess you could take that int o account and just try to use an Akio gig to grow your profile without worrying about the money and springboard back to the indies when things fall apart, but you'd better hope it doesn't happen in such a way that any association with Akio at all taints your entire career.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I would never join a company I knew was sinking at or near the bottom-most level, because too often they're left without weeks or months of pay when things collapse because the top execs embezzle and hide as much as they can when they see the writing on the wall and/or their books are so screwed up that the just don't have as much money in the bank as they thought they did on paper.

I guess you could take that int o account and just try to use an Akio gig to grow your profile without worrying about the money and springboard back to the indies when things fall apart, but you'd better hope it doesn't happen in such a way that any association with Akio at all taints your entire career.
i mean the assumption is you get it all upfront so they can't Welch on the contract That or immediately take legal action for such an easy case you could probably get it pro bono even.

if it burns the company faster all the better and you get to brag about your humanitarian efforts

EDIT: to fully clarify this post and the above is under the assumption they are desperate enough to weigh the contract in your favor to begin with.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
i mean the assumption is you get it all upfront so they can't Welch on the contract That or immediately take legal action for such an easy case you could probably get it pro bono even.

if it burns the company faster all the better and you get to brag about your humanitarian efforts

EDIT: to fully clarify this post and the above is under the assumption they are desperate enough to weigh the contract in your favor to begin with.
Firstly, joining a corpo requires a lot of commitment in terms of time and energy. Networking. Meetings. Team-building exercises. Creating your debut presentation and possibly learning and organizing a cover. A lot of that energy is just going to be wasted. An indie could be using that same energy to put out more streams, attempt to organize merch or promotional deals, practice singing or get lessons, whatever. Stuff that would actually be useful for them.

Secondly, you don't want to sue a corporation you work or have worked for except in the most dire of circumstances. It's going to harm your chances of future employment, both as a normal person but especially as a vtuber. Oh, and lawsuits are emotionally exhausting and financially draining, regardless of how righteous your cause is. That may not be fair, but it is what it is.

I'd stay far, far away from this burning trash heap and not take any risk of getting burnt myself or risking any sort of brand damage being attached to this. If three other talents have walked away from this, they no doubt had good reason to. I'd be following their example and not go anywhere near this if I was offered anything by them.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Firstly, joining a corpo requires a lot of commitment in terms of time and energy. Networking. Meetings. Team-building exercises. Creating your debut presentation and possibly learning and organizing a cover. A lot of that energy is just going to be wasted. An indie could be using that same energy to put out more streams, attempt to organize merch or promotional deals, practice singing or get lessons, whatever. Stuff that would actually be useful for them.

Secondly, you don't want to sue a corporation you work or have worked for except in the most dire of circumstances. It's going to harm your chances of future employment, both as a normal person but especially as a vtuber. Oh, and lawsuits are emotionally exhausting and financially draining, regardless of how righteous your cause is. That may not be fair, but it is what it is.

I'd stay far, far away from this burning trash heap and not take any risk of getting burnt myself or risking any sort of brand damage being attached to this. If three other talents have walked away from this, they no doubt had good reason to. I'd be following their example and not go anywhere near this if I was offered anything by them.
if they want to offer you an overpriced contract and then they welch on it you are fully within your rights to get a lawyer and make them pay up. Forcing them to pay cash in advance when they are onfire has no downsides except for them and you seem to miss the point that this would not be a fully functioning corperation its one that's imploding I highly doubt they have the time resources to train you in this hypotetical scenario where the stars align they are banking on your audiance already existing and your established talent to carry you through this crisis.

To reiterate this would only be applicable to a corpo already onfire enough that they collaspe in about a year if they want to blow their checkbooks offering me a good deal that i can get upfront in cash fuck yeah ill jump on that burning yacht and mime that im helping put the fires out with a greasy bucket with one large hole in it.
Edit: we really need a corp on fire emote. Sakana's feels too specific.

EditEdit: I want MORE FIRE I want to hear anguished CEO Screams I want to befriend the few other talents so I have more buckets to spread gasoline with.

God's Wingiest Winger

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Currently the "Jason gets groom-y with them and tells them to break up with their boyfriends" thing is just an unconfirmed anonymous rrat. If the new girls aren't the type to keep their mouths shut, we could get some REALLY juicy shit.
The rrat does sound like something you'd routinely read on VT regarding various other agencies.

But if it is real then it would be amusing as it could be applied to other agencies and their level of secrecy and what they try to "present". In that case the CEO could be a groomer who didn't want to deal with having to keep up the kayfabe.

Unicorn bros...

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
if they want to offer you an overpriced contract and then they welch on it you are fully within your rights to get a lawyer and make them pay up. Forcing them to pay cash in advance when they are onfire has no downsides except for them and you seem to miss the point that this would not be a fully functioning corperation its one that's imploding I highly doubt they have the time resources to train you in this hypotetical scenario where the stars align they are banking on your audiance already existing and your established talent to carry you through this crisis.

To reiterate this would only be applicable to a corpo already onfire enough that they collaspe in about a year if they want to blow their checkbooks offering me a good deal that i can get upfront in cash fuck yeah ill jump on that burning yacht and mime that im helping put the fires out with a greasy bucket with one large hole in it.
Edit: we really need a corp on fire emote. Sakana's feels too specific.

EditEdit: I want MORE FIRE I want to hear anguished CEO Screams I want to befriend the few other talents so I have more buckets to spread gasoline with.

Look, I get it. Ideally, things should work this way. But, one, the odds are these contracts offer no money up front and are instead the typical cut-of-your-earnings deals, and two, "just sue and get your money" is ignoring so many real-world factors that make that difficult. Assuming you win your case (which will take at least a few months), you then have to collect on it (which will take at least a few more months if they fight you on it). And if it's not a major amount of money, the amount you end up paying lawyers and collectors is going to just eat it all away. Like if it's $10,000. Losing that mount of money would be ruinous to a lot of people, including myself, but it's pretty much a certainty you're going to pay all the costs required to win your case and then collect on that and not have anything left over, or even be in the red.

The only way taking a contract with Akio at this case would make any sense is if you really do have the luxury of not needing the money if it disappears.

Top Bottom