"Educate yourself"Finana Ryugu

Pippakistan's Psych Ward v3

Sven

She's opened two booster boxes this week worth over $150 each, she's no doubt throwing lots of money at her new horse gacha game
Small corrections to these points, she opened 1 booster box across two streams and the Horse Gacha still isn't out yet, what she streamed was also a horse game but not gacha.

Zyklon Mag

Starting her 2nd MTG vod. I originally had plans to open a bunch of Brother's War and All Will Be One packs alongside her, but I have too much spare slop in my card pile that I still haven't wrangled into 2 proper extra decks.

The card in her thumbnail seems like it would blow ass to play unless if she has a card that damages players for each time they draw cards. And I'm kinda sure it doesn't come in those colors.

JMForte

determine her objective on what she wants to do long term
That's the thing, she's basically achieved what she wants to do in life, basically become a YouTuber. It's why she doesn't really chase after growing a shit ton anymore. She's basically achieved her dream in life and has fallen to the thing that I think a lot of people that end up achieving that. Just loss of drive and hunger to get after it. I know that isn't really connected to what she wants to do long term financial wise, but I wanted to make a post about that stuff instead, finance wise, she has ideas, seemingly just like with her content, but nothing ever comes of that stuff. It's like her living situation "Oh, I never want to leave the south, I'm moving back to the west coast, I want to move back to the south eventually, I want to live in Japan, I want to live in New York, I want to buy a house, I thought I'd move out of my parents' house in the first month, I'm desperate to get out, I am happy living with my parents." It's a bunch of ideas and "plans" which are just not really well thought out.

As much as I would love for her to plan her future out, or well. anything out, she's just kind of too lazy to ever actually do it outside of bursts of when she like REALLY gets into something. Someone on /pcg/ pointed this out, but how she does waiting room descriptions just baffles me how she seemingly hardly updates them, some changes come and go because she seemingly forgets to update one set and then copies and pastes an outdated one. Or maybe she has some unknown method to her madness when it comes to the description.

Her waiting room description is one of these two, or maybe a soon to be combination, I'm not sure what will stick.
BookClub.png
WaitingRoom.png

Old credits that are STILL in her description. These are more like easter eggs, what will she put in her description and forget about?
Description.png

She talks like it's a bubble, but acts like she'll always have this level of success, but what will she have left in 10-20 years if she keeps acting like this ?
I don't think anything else will do, she needs a financial advisor.
I think she probably just assumes she'll go back to doing what she did before, streaming and whatever other odd job she got, like editing, or art. Pippa herself in some shape or form will always be a "content creator"

With the trips and all that, it's only rough on her, like she said August was, because she isn't streaming and isn't getting paid for those trips. Trips will stop being an issue financially when she starts streaming during her trips, Mint was streaming fairly regularly during that trip, Pippa really had no excuse outside of just not wanting to stream, and as that's the case, I really don't want to hear her complain about her financial struggles with trips, or months that were break heavy due to trips.
I sometimes type parts, go back and add stuff earlier, and then when I'm ready to post again, half of exactly what I typed I seemingly forgot, and only remember it in a generalized sense. It's dementia, it's so over for me.

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter
That's the thing, she's basically achieved what she wants to do in life, basically become a YouTuber. It's why she doesn't really chase after growing a shit ton anymore. She's basically achieved her dream in life and has fallen to the thing that I think a lot of people that end up achieving that. Just loss of drive and hunger to get after it. I know that isn't really connected to what she wants to do long term financial wise, but I wanted to make a post about that stuff instead, finance wise, she has ideas, seemingly just like with her content, but nothing ever comes of that stuff. It's like her living situation "Oh, I never want to leave the south, I'm moving back to the west coast, I want to move back to the south eventually, I want to live in Japan, I want to live in New York, I want to buy a house, I thought I'd move out of my parents' house in the first month, I'm desperate to get out, I am happy living with my parents." It's a bunch of ideas and "plans" which are just not really well thought out.

As much as I would love for her to plan her future out, or well. anything out, she's just kind of too lazy to ever actually do it outside of bursts of when she like REALLY gets into something. Someone on /pcg/ pointed this out, but how she does waiting room descriptions just baffles me how she seemingly hardly updates them, some changes come and go because she seemingly forgets to update one set and then copies and pastes an outdated one. Or maybe she has some unknown method to her madness when it comes to the description.

Her waiting room description is one of these two, or maybe a soon to be combination, I'm not sure what will stick.
View attachment 78027
View attachment 78028

Old credits that are STILL in her description. These are more like easter eggs, what will she put in her description and forget about?
View attachment 78026

I think she probably just assumes she'll go back to doing what she did before, streaming and whatever other odd job she got, like editing, or art. Pippa herself in some shape or form will always be a "content creator"

With the trips and all that, it's only rough on her, like she said August was, because she isn't streaming and isn't getting paid for those trips. Trips will stop being an issue financially when she starts streaming during her trips, Mint was streaming fairly regularly during that trip, Pippa really had no excuse outside of just not wanting to stream, and as that's the case, I really don't want to hear her complain about her financial struggles with trips, or months that were break heavy due to trips.
I sometimes type parts, go back and add stuff earlier, and then when I'm ready to post again, half of exactly what I typed I seemingly forgot, and only remember it in a generalized sense. It's dementia, it's so over for me.
When I'm talking about her goals, I'm talking about, for exemple, she wanted to buy a house. Is that still the case ? How is she going to get there ? How much of her paycheck is she willing to put aside for it. It might seem trivial, but it's important to have someone who knows about finances walk you through it.
Setting a plan with someone like this, while easy for her to change that plan after a while, would at least hold her accountable to her own plans, that are more important than her temporary impulses. And it'll help her work on a single consistent goal. And if, say, that house were in Japan instead of America, she would be in a position to action that plan instead, with someone able to inform her on the pros and cons of that decision.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Wow, you guys are writing essays and I'm not even involved. Impressive!

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Maybe I'm off-base, but it feels like Pippa still has this mindset. She's opened two booster boxes this week worth over $150 each, she's no doubt throwing lots of money at her new horse gacha game, and before that, she came back from Japan where she bought just about every piece of vtuber merch she could possibly buy. For the second time this year. She also currently lives at home with her parents. I'm not saying she can't do any of this, but with all of it put together, Pippa doesn't seem like she's managing her money well, or has long-term financial plans she's working towards.
Her problem is she justifies all her unnecessary purchases as being for content, which while being better than a random peasant pissing his benefits away on fags and booze, still doesn't have that much of a return. Sure, buying a load of merch to unbox on stream will pull in a couple' grand or so in superchats on the night, but once you deduct the Neil and fish cuts it's not like she's making a huge profit on it, and her channel really isn't optimised for passive income so aside from a bit of pocket change in ad revenue it's mostly a one-and-done thing.

She's at the point now where she's handling respectable amounts of cash for probably the first time in her life and if she's smart about it, she could start cutting costs in her productions (read: not using the stream as a thinly-veiled justification for retail therapy) and start building up a financial safety net, then building up an investment portfolio.

RedRage

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Her problem is she justifies all her unnecessary purchases as being for content, which while being better than a random peasant pissing his benefits away on fags and booze, still doesn't have that much of a return. Sure, buying a load of merch to unbox on stream will pull in a couple' grand or so in superchats on the night, but once you deduct the Neil and fish cuts it's not like she's making a huge profit on it, and her channel really isn't optimised for passive income so aside from a bit of pocket change in ad revenue it's mostly a one-and-done thing.

She's at the point now where she's handling respectable amounts of cash for probably the first time in her life and if she's smart about it, she could start cutting costs in her productions (read: not using the stream as a thinly-veiled justification for retail therapy) and start building up a financial safety net, then building up an investment portfolio.
I think it's worse than that. It's easy to say: "this box of MTG cards is a tax writeoff" but that still means you aren't spending that money on something that's long-term useful, whether that's putting it towards shares or a house payment or whatever. I doubt there's a huge difference between donations for an MTG stream and a "just chatting" stream, and certainly not enough to justify buying a $150 box of boosters. I don't want to begrudge the rabbit her cardboard and shiny foil and pretty pictures, I'm a victim of that myself. But it definitely seems like the retail therapy is too often and too much. Pippa suggested thrift shopping as a cheap form of retail therapy, but Pippa isn't buying all the shit she's showing on stream from a thrift shop.

As I said before, Pewdiepie was good with his YouTube money, and Boogie was terrible. I bet Boogie had a great time with the hookers and opening MTG boxes while it was happening. I also bet that in 2024, Boogie wishes he had done what Pewdiepie did instead.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter

anything she doesn't expense gets paid to the government via taxes. sure, she can open a roth or a solo 401k but theres still net income left for the government to take. better to buy toys and stuff for stream than let uncle sam give it away to venuzuelans and haitians.

if she was really smart, shed do travel videos for her channel and expense everything. sadly, all she did was talk about it.

$150 turned into $494 just on yt supas after yt and fish cut and thr cards.

Last edited:

Hff201

Early Adopter
I think it's worse than that. It's easy to say: "this box of MTG cards is a tax writeoff" but that still means you aren't spending that money on something that's long-term useful, whether that's putting it towards shares or a house payment or whatever. I doubt there's a huge difference between donations for an MTG stream and a "just chatting" stream, and certainly not enough to justify buying a $150 box of boosters. I don't want to begrudge the rabbit her cardboard and shiny foil and pretty pictures, I'm a victim of that myself. But it definitely seems like the retail therapy is too often and too much. Pippa suggested thrift shopping as a cheap form of retail therapy, but Pippa isn't buying all the shit she's showing on stream from a thrift shop.

As I said before, Pewdiepie was good with his YouTube money, and Boogie was terrible. I bet Boogie had a great time with the hookers and opening MTG boxes while it was happening. I also bet that in 2024, Boogie wishes he had done what Pewdiepie did instead.
I'm pretty sure her most profitable streams are the bodycam streams where people give her money to argue with her :smugpipi:

She's just really not business-brained at all and it shows. If she wants to do the unboxings/card openings etc. there are ways to get more mileage out of them. There's actually a respectably big audience for things like TCG opening compilations so montaging together some of the more exciting pulls (well, her fawning over the cute animals in MTG, but you get my point) into a short video would probably pull in more views (thus passive ad revenue) than the full uncut stream, which wouldn't reach that particular audience.

Putting clips up on her channel more often in general probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Even the random uncut videos she shat out to test the YouTube clipping tool that one time got some views.

1726084614846.png
Curate those a bit better to appeal to audiences who wouldn't necessarily have watched the full stream, and while it wouldn't be a huge boost to her income compared to superchats etc. in the moment, it'd let her earn more from the content once the stream's over. Right now she's earning more ad revenue for Xynchro than she is herself.

famous artist pipkun

I'm pretty sure her most profitable streams are the bodycam streams where people give her money to argue with her :smugpipi:

She's just really not business-brained at all and it shows. If she wants to do the unboxings/card openings etc. there are ways to get more mileage out of them. There's actually a respectably big audience for things like TCG opening compilations so montaging together some of the more exciting pulls (well, her fawning over the cute animals in MTG, but you get my point) into a short video would probably pull in more views (thus passive ad revenue) than the full uncut stream, which wouldn't reach that particular audience.

Putting clips up on her channel more often in general probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Even the random uncut videos she shat out to test the YouTube clipping tool that one time got some views.

View attachment 78036
Curate those a bit better to appeal to audiences who wouldn't necessarily have watched the full stream, and while it wouldn't be a huge boost to her income compared to superchats etc. in the moment, it'd let her earn more from the content once the stream's over. Right now she's earning more ad revenue for Xynchro than she is herself.
she grossed 3k+ just by turning on dono alerts so... i wouldnt say shes bad at business

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
she grossed 3k+ just by turning on dono alerts so... i wouldnt say shes bad at business
She also plays copyright music constantly in her streams so she can't monetize the ads for herself. I'd say it's a fair call.

Hff201

Early Adopter
That leaves her taking home between somewhere between $1000-$1500 that she'll immediately blow on Hololive shit and plushies the moment the payment comes through. :annoyedpippa:

famous artist pipkun

That leaves her taking home between somewhere between $1000-$1500 that she'll immediately blow on Hololive shit and plushies the moment the payment comes through. :annoyedpippa:
she always has reticule as a fallback.

e: in all seriousness, holo plushes hold better value than holo stock

Last edited:

Stunned But Dumb

e: in all seriousness, holo plushes hold better value than holo stock
She'd probably start selling fingers and toes before she starts selling holo merch if it came to that

famous artist pipkun

DogBone

no shame in the skin game
This has been Sakana's plan all along! He gets mentally ill women to join his "vtuber idol" company, and he gives them a taste of money. All of it goes to vtuber merch, plushies, and food delivery. Suddenly, they're all broke. What can they do? Pander to the coomers! Sakana is going to become the Chink Canadian Andrew Tate and pimp out his talents as virtual camgirls!

Edit: Vshojo would get BTFO'd!

famous artist pipkun

This has been Sakana's plan all along! He gets mentally ill women to join his "vtuber idol" company, and he gives them a taste of money. All of it goes to vtuber merch, plushies, and food delivery. Suddenly, they're all broke. What can they do? Pander to the coomers! Sakana is going to become the Chink Canadian Andrew Tate and pimp out his talents as virtual camgirls!

Edit: Vshojo would get BTFO'd!
$1000 for a 1on1 lumi call

Hff201

Early Adopter

Prostate Cuckarov

the retardedest
Top Bottom