"I won the battle, but lost the idol war."Sakura Miko

Pippakistan's Psych Ward v3

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
id guess af7ten posted the mix up clip because whos going to know about a deleted twitch stream

hes laughing at us dudes

RedRage

Furious George

Low & Lazy
id guess af7ten posted the mix up clip because whos going to know about a deleted twitch stream

hes laughing at us dudes
Meh, I would fuck with everyone as well if it was me. It's all fun & games until you get hard doxed though.

DogBone

Pippa can go to any event she wants. However, it is becoming a habit for her to go to events and cancel streams without notice. It's made worse by the fact that she doesn't make schedules. I mean, even if it was just a blank image with listed dates and nothing written down for what the stream is about would be a major improvement.

What is there to gain by not saying anything? Oh, people have to wait a day or two to know exactly what she's doing? Well, apparently it's so obvious that people knew the moment she did a collab without her usual setup. One thing about Pippa that was good was the consistent schedule in that time slot. This is now like the third event where it's disrupted that. And it also doesn't help when what few streams she does, they're collabs that she doesn't announce.

I hope Pippa is having a good time, but her schedule has been a mess.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
You realise Pippa's room is basically the same, but with Hololive merch and mould, right? :smugpipi:
Wife up any woman who has a Hololive shrine in her room.
Unless she's Pippa.

DTrp

"I would be shot at for her"
it's so obvious that people knew the moment she did a collab without her usual setup
hey now, she could have just been in a hotel for the night to cry!

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Pippa can go to any event she wants. However, it is becoming a habit for her to go to events and cancel streams without notice. It's made worse by the fact that she doesn't make schedules. I mean, even if it was just a blank image with listed dates and nothing written down for what the stream is about would be a major improvement.

What is there to gain by not saying anything? Oh, people have to wait a day or two to know exactly what she's doing? Well, apparently it's so obvious that people knew the moment she did a collab without her usual setup. One thing about Pippa that was good was the consistent schedule in that time slot. This is now like the third event where it's disrupted that. And it also doesn't help when what few streams she does, they're collabs that she doesn't announce.

I hope Pippa is having a good time, but her schedule has been a mess.
She's trying to maintain opsec, but doing it in the most ineffective way possible. We notice she's away from home the second we hear that godawful ambient sound coming through the laptop mic so it's not like this is any more secure than if she just said "I will be away from Xth-Yth September" - people will figure out which con she's at anyway, it's just an inconvenience for the more normal fans who aren't planning to follow her across the country to snap a photo the second she takes the phantom mask off in the car.

Pippa can be a retard with certain things but she knows how her streams and her audience work, so I'm wondering if management have given her a fixed list of things she can and can't say about trips, and she's just following it to the letter. This feels more like a situation you end up in because you're not allowed to say specific things, rather than because you actually think it's a smart idea.

RedRage

This feels more like a situation you end up in because you're not allowed to say specific things, rather than because you actually think it's a smart idea.
If it was management, I don't think she'd have spilled the offkai beans first out of everyone in regards to being close enough that she could go in person. Even more so after the girls went out of their way to act like they were a few hours drive from the venue the night of the offcollab. This seems more like Pippa being Pippa given that for every group trip she's gone on with the girls, they have given at least a week long heads up on when they would be gone and back.

DogBone

She's trying to maintain opsec, but doing it in the most ineffective way possible. We notice she's away from home the second we hear that godawful ambient sound coming through the laptop mic so it's not like this is any more secure than if she just said "I will be away from Xth-Yth September" - people will figure out which con she's at anyway, it's just an inconvenience for the more normal fans who aren't planning to follow her across the country to snap a photo the second she takes the phantom mask off in the car.

Pippa can be a retard with certain things but she knows how her streams and her audience work, so I'm wondering if management have given her a fixed list of things she can and can't say about trips, and she's just following it to the letter. This feels more like a situation you end up in because you're not allowed to say specific things, rather than because you actually think it's a smart idea.
It isn't just the scheduling thing, but maybe I'm just biased. I don't think events/conventions lead to vtubers making good content. It is entirely self-referential, so it's a big filter, at least for me, because I don't care about them. It results in at least one to two streams talking about the event/convention. Maybe there's a couple interesting anecdotes, but usually it's dumb shit like, "let's talk about the layout of the convention hall for 20 minutes!"

RedRage

It isn't just the scheduling thing, but maybe I'm just biased. I don't think events/conventions lead to vtubers making good content. It is entirely self-referential, so it's a big filter, at least for me, because I don't care about them. It results in at least one to two streams talking about the event/convention. Maybe there's a couple interesting anecdotes, but usually it's dumb shit like, "let's talk about the layout of the convention hall for 20 minutes!"
Weirdly outside of the handful of stories that get told by everyone else first, but that's another topic, there was more content when she was not going with things like the weekend offkai converge streams and stuff she did like that to deal with her fomo and to keep the people who couldn't go for one reason or another company.

Pippenis Inspector

Tism Extraordinaire
300k Cuck Chair
Gonna tap the sign.
View attachment 78705

I believe this is fair. Today she did good though.
There is a fundamental misunderstanding at play here.
Pippa's livelihood depends on her being entertaining to her niche audience. Wishing her to become boring as some faggy virtue-signal only serves to stroke one's own ego. Her entire life has been spent building up the personality she has that appeals to an audience and merited her current level of success. To wish that to change because you have an unhealthy parasocial connection with the person behind the screen does not make what you say moral or righteous. The best course of action is that she manages to become "boring" IRL but fools enough of the audience that she still inhabits the persona that drew them in that her channel continues to grow. But considering a huge portion of her appeal is her being genuine that would be near impossible to pull off, meaning on a certain level she needs to maintain ties to being the mold queen if she is to continue doing what she loves, streaming.

tl;dr: wishing pippa to become normal is antithetical to the life goals of Pippa herself

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
hey now, she could have just been in a hotel for the night to cry!
crying out in ecstasy from a crackers aussie pickle

RedRage

DTrp

the weekend offkai converge streams [...] to keep the people who couldn't go for one reason or another company.
these were kino. sadly she's now anti people livestreaming the cons. I wonder if that'll change the next time she's not at one.

RedRage

these were kino. sadly she's now anti people livestreaming the cons. I wonder if that'll change the next time she's not at one.
I wonder if she watched any AX streams to see the horse game stuff?

Helkar

Well, the con season will be over soon, so there's that.
there was more content when she was not going
She also got severely sick and couldn't stream for two whole weeks post-Offkai, i think that's a relevant factor that makes the Offkai trip feel way worse than it should've been.
For August concert trip, people here mentioned Mint streaming throughout it, but Lia and Uruka only did like a couple more streams than Pippa during that period, so she wasn't unique in non-streaming there. (yes i know they both mentioned their streams will be absent well in advance shut up)
And for now we only got one cancellation(which, despite Astrea announcing it first, now makes me wonder if it was Pippa bailing on her and not the other way around), though the possibility of book club getting postponed is rising kinda rapidly.

Furious George

Low & Lazy
Look, obviously she has grown bored of her Pippa persona & her audience makes her skin crawl so she is looking for any excuse not to stream.

Oops, this inst PCG

DTrp

makes me wonder if it was Pippa bailing on her
Can you imagine her even making that request to someone she just cancelled a collab with? I believe Pippa has more integrity and humbleness than that.

DogBone

And for now we only got one cancellation(which, despite Astrea announcing it first, now makes me wonder if it was Pippa bailing on her and not the other way around), though the possibility of book club getting postponed is rising kinda rapidly.
And that's another thing. When Pippa is inconsistent, her flaking becomes expected. I really don't expect there to be a stream tomorrow. In fact, knowing that Pippa is at some con, would anyone be surprised if there's no stream until next week on Tuesday maybe?

RedRage

Can you imagine her even making that request to someone she just cancelled a collab with? I believe Pippa has more integrity and humbleness than that.
Depends on how long in the works the collab was vs when she decided to go to twitchcon. If twitchcon was a last week sort of thing, or so far back that she forgot exactly when it was it's completely within her wheelhouse to fuck up her schedule like that.
And that's another thing. When Pippa is inconsistent, her flaking becomes expected. I really don't expect there to be a stream tomorrow. In fact, knowing that Pippa is at some con, would anyone be surprised if there's no stream until next week on Tuesday maybe?
I expect at the latest week after next either cause she got sick again, or because she took another few days to hangout with whoever she's there with, like she did with offkai the extra days after everyone else came back, and with the japan trips both having last second extensions of a week each.

Top Bottom