"The plan for this game, we're gonna fuck some guys, alright?"Axel Syrios

Phase Connect Gen 3 Speculation and Liveposting thread

hylic

Since the direction of the conversation is going towards the JP side of PC, what seems to be holding JP Origins from achieving comparable viewership numbers as EN talents? Is it Japanese market saturation? Lack of support from management? Lack of menhera?
I'll admit I'm not a Japanese speaker, but since learning about PC it sort of saddened me how far behind JP PC girls are compared to EN girls in terms of viewership.
For every japanese youtube viewer, there are roughly twenty not-japanese. Japanese content is less than 5% of the market while english is more than 60%.

The current state of the audience of the JP trio is a handful of loyal JP oldfriends that have been around since near debut that you might recognize if you've been watching streams long enough, and then at least a hundred EOPs, some using machine TL to chat. Autosubs helps a lot with chat engagement, and Nasa and Michiru don't talk about complicated topics anyways, so they aren't missing that much.

My estimate from like count on member videos is that the JP trio each have more than 400 memberships which is generously about $1000 USD a month after youtube and fishman tax (assuming fish takes 0.5x which seems rather high). This is actually very good money by JP standards. They also get much more superchats than your average JP vtuber of similar size because of the strong superchatting culture of Phase watchers.

Compared to other medium sized corpos, Origin JP is doing really well in terms of finances and raw numbers, but has very low growth in JP viewers. There seems to be more JPs than what chat would suggest though, given how many people showed up to the first JP event in Shibuya last month just to meet a company that has never promoted itself in Japan.

Last edited:

hylic

View attachment 61248
Bold of you to assume Natsumi hasn't learned from Pippa and just included herself in the company instead of asking permission.

She's got the stuff, maybe she'll decide she wants to get big. It's nice that she doesn't care about numbers and does it because she enjoys it. But she's talented and fun, so it feels like a waste if she doesn't try and make the most of that.
I don't believe Natsumi would be happy being in a corpo. She has a certain type of stubbornness that doesn't fit well with a corpo environment. She hates obligations, being forced to do things and compromising. She could have gotten in if she wanted, but it's clear she didn't want it that much if she wasn't willing to say the right answers during the interview.

I think people expecting Michiru to collab more don't really know Michiru that well. The language barrier is not what prevents her from collabing, she doesn't collab because she hates asking for collabs. Chiru lives at her own pace and rarely schedules anything.

Nasa on the other hand already collabs a lot. About once a week, often with new people. She has made a lot of friends this year behind the scenes with other indie and corpo JP vtubers. I think Nasa's connections will pay off in the near future for the new generation.

edit: MUYU CONFIRMED AMERICAN

USA USA USA USA USA

Last edited:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
archetypes.jpeg

Let's see how I do.

Also, that animation is amazing. I burst out laughing when I saw Sakana's fins flapping behind him as he flies through space. Further evidence the fish is willing to open his wallet to promote his new talents recently. (um akshually no atmosphere tho)

Not sure why this is so soon after gen 3 though. I guess he figures the audience overlap between EN and JP is small enough that there's little risk of cannibalization.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
View attachment 61261

Let's see how I do.

Also, that animation is amazing. I burst out laughing when I saw Sakana's fins flapping behind him as he flies through space. Further evidence the fish is willing to open his wallet to promote his new talents recently. (um akshually no atmosphere tho)

Not sure why this is so soon after gen 3 though. I guess he figures the audience overlap between EN and JP is small enough that there's little risk of cannibalization.
This one is going to be marketed specifically at a JP audience, I'd guess. JP Youtube advertising, and if there are any watchalongs or the like, they'll be JP too. I don't think EN watchers will be catered to, although their support will be appreciated.

As for why now, I'd say that Fishman wants to show all the talents that he's still going to support the JP branch, and to try and capitalize on any algorithm support that Youtube might give a JP launch after the success of Euphoria.

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer
I don't think EN watchers will be catered to, although their support will be appreciated.
Although they may highlight those that can speak English so people show up for them. If it is true, at least one of them is bilingual.

Bronze

Someone ,in Pomu thread i think, said they were hoping(they didn't sound optimistic tbh) that Beatani is in. Since we have 0 other possibilities for talents currently I'll just put it here and someone can tell me if its even possible. It seems she's graduated around the end of 2022.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Someone ,in Pomu thread i think, said they were hoping(they didn't sound optimistic tbh) that Beatani is in. Since we have 0 other possibilities for talents currently I'll just put it here and someone can tell me if its even possible. It seems she's graduated around the end of 2022.
A year is a long time for a vtuber to not resurface after graduation. Was she particularly close with the JP girls, or did she have particular skills such that Fishman would deliberately headhunt her?

Not saying it's impossible - maybe she tried non-vtubing work and didn't like it, and decided to try and join a vtubing corpo. But it's a very long shot.

hylic

Very unlikely. Beatani is done with vtubing. She is gone for good.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Very unlikely. Beatani is done with vtubing. She is gone for good.
:depressedtako:
i hate that im late to the bear party and just got to know her a few days before her graduation

Bob from accounting

Bear Enjoyer
It's hard to say with her. Officially Beatani sounded like she was kind of done with vtubing and wanted to focus on her at the time new job and real life stuff. She also stated she preferred the old vtubing methods of short form videos over livestreams.
Having said that, she is 100% the sort of person to change her mind on a whim and or menhera thought process and she is someone who enjoys making stuff. Additionally she was known by fishman to an extent he thought of her positively when she just gave half of the pippa collab stream money to her unprompted and she 100% fits into the hiring agenda of 'sad girls but hot'
I have not seen anything that would indicate it's her but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
Lia's talking a bit about the new JP wave right now. She said that Gen 3 and JP entered the basement at the same time and woke up one day with 10 new people in the work discord with no explanation. Lia also said that Nasa, Iori, and Michiru won't be leaving Phase Origins to join the JPs.

Lia is also absolutely enamored with one of the new JPs.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Lia's talking a bit about the new JP wave right now. She said that Gen 3 and JP entered the basement at the same time and woke up one day with 10 new people in the work discord with no explanation. Lia also said that Nasa, Iori, and Michiru won't be leaving Phase Origins to join the JPs.

Lia is also absolutely enamored with one of the new JPs.
Probably this one:

A lot of them seem super happy for their release. Especially Airi. Nice to see. I guess one perk to them being in the basement for so long is they get to bond with everyone and get genuinely hyped up like this.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
pico-numberfriend.png

Anyone know why Pico has broken out above the others already?

lolwatagain

hylic

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
previous life fans
:koboharam:

Screenshot_20240109_045029_Brave.jpg
Jelly is streaming Mein Kraft at ass o'clock with over 1,100 CCV.

"It's Just a Bubble" Arc, but now company-wide incoming (yes I am including the JPs, this is not hopium).

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Meemaw will be doing a drawing stream for the new JPs like she did for pre-debut Gen 3 in about 8 hours:

Bronze

Edit: Can't delete the post. Just look at next post. Foundings are more accurate, and better worded

Last edited:

hylic

TLDR: we need a japanese person to tell us what their names mean. We also may have a singer bird, a chuuni, a lore wise really small vtuber(like Pomu, who's 9cm, ours might be a fairy too), a maiden or someone with divinity, and someone who has something to do with hearts and souls.

I misread kokoromo memory's name as kokoro. either way, it's a heart motif.

Last edited:

Bronze

I misread kokoromo memory's name as kokoro. either way, it's a heart motif.[/spoiler]

Well since this is better worded and sounds more accurate I'll just delete mine. I still would like to believe Pico pulled specific number of merch and got in. Would be funny at least if true. Warehouse/storehouse is also a perfect name for a PC member :SelenHAHAhere:

E: Can't delete. Guess I'll edit it

E2: Forgot to thank for the information :subaruclapping: . I'm also happy I wasn't completely off because it felt like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom