"How do you say 'abortion' in sign language?"Pipkin Pippa

Phase Connect Gen 3 Speculation and Liveposting thread

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
It's hard to say with her. Officially Beatani sounded like she was kind of done with vtubing and wanted to focus on her at the time new job and real life stuff. She also stated she preferred the old vtubing methods of short form videos over livestreams.
Having said that, she is 100% the sort of person to change her mind on a whim and or menhera thought process and she is someone who enjoys making stuff. Additionally she was known by fishman to an extent he thought of her positively when she just gave half of the pippa collab stream money to her unprompted and she 100% fits into the hiring agenda of 'sad girls but hot'
I have not seen anything that would indicate it's her but it's not outside the realm of possibility.
She is the type to change her mind and is creative but I can't see her joining Phase.
She would rather be some JP 2 view messing around with VR chat on mute.
Beryl would be a fun get but she might have moved on as well.
No way Chinchilla joined.
Temako would be an interesting get but I highly doubt it.

In reality, I think it's 5 people none of us know. That's also kind of fun. Nasa's collabs with Nopi are cool and there are lots of JP indies to collab with. Personally, it would be cool to see Coyo collab with a Phase member. Hoping for at least one hag to glue the bunch together.

Bronze

In reality, I think it's 5 people none of us know. That's also kind of fun. Nasa's collabs with Nopi are cool and there are lots of JP indies to collab with. Personally, it would be cool to see Coyo collab with a Phase member. Hoping for at least one hag to glue the bunch together.
That's exciting for me too, but i would rather have at least one or two of them with some community in jp even if we don't know them, so Phase wouldn't have to deal with networking and building a community entirely from scratch, Origin girls excluded. But I don't know much about Phase's JP friends, so maybe I'm underestimating the network and community they have E: And Pippa's brother. I forgot to add him

I'll also use this opportunity to say the girl 2nd from right(in the teaser) has a better silhouette in Christmas picture, If anyone wants to check it

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
1704839107466.png

Bronze

She's allergic to JP talents. Hope she gets better

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Pack it up hopeful Airi savers. We don't stand a chance. She's been swooned by a Japanese woman.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Pack it up hopeful Airi savers. We don't stand a chance. She's been swooned by a Japanese woman.
The "Phase" in "Phase Connect" means lesbian.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

I fucking swear to god this has to be a racial trait if the Korean is swooning over a japanese of all races

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
I fucking swear to god this has to be a racial trait if the Korean is swooning over a japanese of all races
It's forbidden love

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Beryl would be a fun get but she might have moved on as well.
Going by animal friend's translation - crossing my fingers it's going to be Clara.

Sort of side tangent - From watching random streams here and there after the announcement, it sounds like a) They are calling this "Phase JP Gen 1", and b) Iori, Michiru, and Nasa are staying apart of Origins. That's all good and I agree with that. I just hope fishman doesn't miss this opportunity to shill/promote the origin JP members. I'm fine with marketing the new girls on their own (and they should), but I hope in whatever networking or advertising Sakana's cooking up for the JP audience, he let's them know "Hey, Phase Connect has 8 JP talents"

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
I can't be terminally online like I used to and then phase decides to blow their load :urtearingmeapart: I envy animal friend, I know fishman is cooking some prime hag material in the jp gen that I'll never get to fully enjoy because I don't understand oriental :yagoocry:
I'm still amazed at the balls of the man to actually try to carve a piece for himself in the japanese market and his fucking teaser is him basically dropping a nuke on japan. I know it's an evangelion reference all the way through but a gaijin making something so bold when a vtuber got shit on for doing a funny earthquake PSA. Damn fishman, just don't burn your wings.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
I'm still amazed at the balls of the man to actually try to carve a piece for himself in the japanese market and his fucking teaser is him basically dropping a nuke on japan. I know it's an evangelion reference all the way through but a gaijin making something so bold when a vtuber got shit on for doing a funny earthquake PSA. Damn fishman, just don't burn your wings.

People are really looking at that and seeing nukes? There's no explosion and we never nuked Tokyo. I think people are just looking for something to be upset about.

I just want to know how Sakana going to Tokyo from a warehouse in Vancouver requires going to space first. Did he swing by Phase World first?

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Lia's favorite Kouhai is one of the incoming JPs:

I follow Lia, but I'm not completely familiar with her friends. Can't be Rurumi since she's still streaming regularly.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
For every japanese youtube viewer, there are roughly twenty not-japanese. Japanese content is less than 5% of the market while english is more than 60%.

The current state of the audience of the JP trio is a handful of loyal JP oldfriends that have been around since near debut that you might recognize if you've been watching streams long enough, and then at least a hundred EOPs, some using machine TL to chat. Autosubs helps a lot with chat engagement, and Nasa and Michiru don't talk about complicated topics anyways, so they aren't missing that much.

My estimate from like count on member videos is that the JP trio each have more than 400 memberships which is generously about $1000 USD a month after youtube and fishman tax (assuming fish takes 0.5x which seems rather high). This is actually very good money by JP standards. They also get much more superchats than your average JP vtuber of similar size because of the strong superchatting culture of Phase watchers.

Compared to other medium sized corpos, Origin JP is doing really well in terms of finances and raw numbers, but has very low growth in JP viewers. There seems to be more JPs than what chat would suggest though, given how many people showed up to the first JP event in Shibuya last month just to meet a company that has never promoted itself in Japan.
First, people like Hylic are the life blood of JP streamers that often have oversea's audiences. Michi has amazing English diction but likes to stream in JP and Nasa's reading comprehension level often suprises me but she is more of a passion English speaker. Live translators provide context that is easily accesible and even answer questions when availible. Their clips are great too.

I think the JP market is just hard. I watch lots of Holos, Nijis and JP indies and it seems like a monumental slog even if you get lucky.

• Hananoki Maru, Kakushaku Rin, Asakura Konoha, Highping Monaca, Coyo, Milky Queen and even Ririsya are all girls that got a massive boost interacting with a big streamer but still toil in 2/3 view territory. Some art moms are exceptions as well as already popular people like Mea/Hal. Even all of Matsuri's picks didn't get to 10k yet.
  • Zaion, Coco, Rushia, Gundou, even Lulu all stream to a fraction of their previous audiences. Just being your own personal brand doesn't seem to resonate as much as being in a group/company.
  • Alter-ego groups like Maturi's and Laplus' don't touch the same success as main. Matsuri's group is actually a collab of some popular streamers too.
  • Big companies like Nanashi (774), Sony Vee, Re:AcT and .Live are getting eaten up by VSPO and newcomers. I really can't comprehend why a Niji or Holo would graduate seeing these numbers.
In general, YT's algorithm would rather show me more random cooking shorts then content of people I membership. Often, I have to seek info from people/places who are following a niche/group/company. If Phase can become a BRAND in JP, like vshojo could not, then it would be very helpful. Mikeneko still pulls numbers but she recognizes that brands matter hence vshojo, voice ore, and pony canyon.

Also, if you want to help at all - like, comment, and subcribe. But, comment for real. The schizophrenia vtuber I follow gets more comments on VODs then Nasa/Michi. That makes me happy for her but sad for Phase JP. They heart almost every comment so get some love.

If you read that have a long watchalong as a present

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
All memes aside, it's not uncommon. The two countries are close to each other, moving from one to the other in either direction isn't particularly uncommon (though more Koreans move to Japan than vice versa) a sizable number of Koreans speak Japanese and vice versa (though again, more common among Koreans). Niji KR pandered hard to the Japanese market and integrated well with Niji JP, Nabi wanted to move to Japan, we have that Korean chick in ReGloss, lots of Koreans in the west are weebs (e.g. Holo EN; also a hafu friend of mine whose mother had fits every time she heard Japanese coming from his speakers. He didn't care), lots of Koreans in Korea are massive weebs and have been the second the Korean government removed bans on Japanese media imports in the 1990s or 2000s, I forgot. Hatsune Miko commercials in train stations, Hololive cafés, the works.

Everyone likes to meme about eternal hatred between Korea and Japan and how dishonorable it is for one to see the other and not spit on them, but this is seemingly a Boomer thing for Koreans at least, while the colonial generation was filled with collaborateurs who served in the IJA to massacre the Chinese, and the young people have been ensnared by weeb culture to the point where you get the impression they wish Korea had never gotten independence.

I swear we're reaching the point where the only thing preventing peaceful annexion is Ayame.

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
First, people like Hylic are the life blood of JP streamers that often have oversea's audiences. Michi has amazing English diction but likes to stream in JP and Nasa's reading comprehension level often suprises me but she is more of a passion English speaker. Live translators provide context that is easily accesible and even answer questions when availible. Their clips are great too.

I think the JP market is just hard. I watch lots of Holos, Nijis and JP indies and it seems like a monumental slog even if you get lucky.

• Hananoki Maru, Kakushaku Rin, Asakura Konoha, Highping Monaca, Coyo, Milky Queen and even Ririsya are all girls that got a massive boost interacting with a big streamer but still toil in 2/3 view territory. Some art moms are exceptions as well as already popular people like Mea/Hal. Even all of Matsuri's picks didn't get to 10k yet.
  • Zaion, Coco, Rushia, Gundou, even Lulu all stream to a fraction of their previous audiences. Just being your own personal brand doesn't seem to resonate as much as being in a group/company.
  • Alter-ego groups like Maturi's and Laplus' don't touch the same success as main. Matsuri's group is actually a collab of some popular streamers too.
  • Big companies like Nanashi (774), Sony Vee, Re:AcT and .Live are getting eaten up by VSPO and newcomers. I really can't comprehend why a Niji or Holo would graduate seeing these numbers.
In general, YT's algorithm would rather show me more random cooking shorts then content of people I membership. Often, I have to seek info from people/places who are following a niche/group/company. If Phase can become a BRAND in JP, like vshojo could not, then it would be very helpful. Mikeneko still pulls numbers but she recognizes that brands matter hence vshojo, voice ore, and pony canyon.

Also, if you want to help at all - like, comment, and subcribe. But, comment for real. The schizophrenia vtuber I follow gets more comments on VODs then Nasa/Michi. That makes me happy for her but sad for Phase JP. They heart almost every comment so get some love.

Just to add, another thing I observe is that supa/dono culture isn't as strong in the JP market, though I'm not enough of a numberfag to really quantify that and how much it affects the viability of smaller streamers. The big players seem to get all the whales, while being a 2-view is much harder over in Nippon. This is why I agree with the earlier post saying that the JP Origins girls are doing fine, all things considered, in part because Phase has a very strong supa culture.

Bronze

Just to add, another thing I observe is that supa/dono culture isn't as strong in the JP market, though I'm not enough of a numberfag to really quantify that and how much it affects the viability of smaller streamers. The big players seem to get all the whales, while being a 2-view is much harder over in Nippon. This is why I agree with the earlier post saying that the JP Origins girls are doing fine, all things considered, in part because Phase has a very strong supa culture.
Any idea about memberships/subs or whatever its equivalent is called in JP streaming services? Supa's are great, but I think a decent membership numbers may say more, as sometimes you get less superchat because your fans bought some merch or spend money on something that happened. They can be highly irregular
E: Vod watchers also can't supa, but still stay as members like i do.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Nasa in particular also likes doing Marshmallow streams and likes getting comments on her Marshmallow, even in English. I don't send one every time, but I try to send something every once in a while.

I'm not one to normally comment on videos, but I may start to drop one from time-to-time.

Bronze

This will be either the most wholesome or most yabai collab in history of PC, surpassing the Airi erina off collab. If they offcollab It will most likely be the latter.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

THIS.
All in all the west is very big on rooting for the underdog, independent agents and mistrusting corpos. The japanese market is just a chokehold of the big agencies and has been for years, in the west they flounder but at home they only get bigger and stronger with time (same thing applies to most of asia honestly).

Bronze

Top Bottom