"Girls can't think"Nyaru

Nijisanji L Collection

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Doubleposting
Negligible
A redditor illustrated it nicely (long post)
Vox current 1.35M
peak 1.39M
back to July 2023

Luca
current: 1.05M
peak: 1.08M
back to: August 2023

Ike
current: 963k
peak: 992k

Shu
current: 934k
peak: 952k
back to: September 2023

Alban
current: 693k
peak: 703k
back to: December 2023

Enna
current: 644k
peak: 691k

Uki
current: 622k
peak: 631k

Elira
current: 551k
peak: 605k
back to: March 2023
(possibly february 2023)

Sonny
current: 522k
peak: 531k
back to: September 2023

Millie
current: 513k
peak: 555k
back to: June 2023

Ren
current: 504k
peak: 507k
back to: January 2024

Finana
current: 503k
peak: 536k
back to: April 2023

Petra
current: 501k
peak: 522k

Rosemi
current: 477k
peak: 502k
back to: July 2023

Fulgur
current: 461k
peak: 476k

Maria
current: 423k
peak: 443k

Reimu
current: 419k
peak: 449k

Meloco
current: 379k
Peak: 379k

Scarla
current: 369k
peak: 378k
back to: October 2023

Aster
current: 332k
peak: 354k
back to: May 2023

Kotoka
current: 324K
peak: 324k

Aia
current: 298k
peak: 320k

Hex
current: 293k
peak: 295k
back to: January 2024

Ver
current: 215k
peak: 218k

Last edited:

Militante

Developing from Michi livestream on Twitch.

Niji offered Mika an option to have a portion of her income deducted to pay for taxes. Prior to this, Mika was filing her taxes herself, and figured that she'd take the option to avoid the hassle. As legally required, she also continues to declare her income to the government. The sum scalped off was 10% or so.

Two years later, she gets a letter from the government saying she hasn't paid her taxes for 2 years. Thinking there was a mistake, she went to Niji to ask for the tax payment codes so she can prove to the government that the portion of her paycheck earmarked for "taxes" were indeed paid. She found out that the tax payments were for Nijisanji, the corporate entity, and not her.

At best she managed to negotiate for leniency from the interest for the unpaid taxes, which slashed the amount in half, but still had to pay for the rest of the unpaid taxes. She had to liquidate her insurance plans, and was 300 dollars away from total bankruptcy. She spent a 6 month period avoiding going to the doctor or her therapist. Niji did not offer financial or legal assistance in any capacity from what I've understood from her story.

She also genuinely considered that the problems will go away if she went away.

No idea how to archive from Twitch streams that are still in progress, but I'm damn sure this moment will be clipped by every dramafag under the sun.

Liveposts on the topic from the /vsj+/ thread on the same:

Murray’s clip on the same:

Last edited:

USS IOWA

Niji offered Mika an option to have a portion of her income deducted to pay for taxes. Prior to this, Mika was filing her taxes herself, and figured that she'd take the option to avoid the hassle. As legally required, she also continues to declare her income to the government. The sum scalped off was 10% or so.

Two years later, she gets a letter from the government saying she hasn't paid her taxes for 2 years. Thinking there was a mistake, she went to Niji to ask for the tax payment codes so she can prove to the government that the portion of her paycheck earmarked for "taxes" were indeed paid. She found out that the tax payments were for Nijisanji, the corporate entity, and not her.

At best she managed to negotiate for leniency from the interest for the unpaid taxes, which slashed the amount in half, but still had to pay for the rest of the unpaid taxes. She had to liquidate her insurance plans, and was 300 dollars away from total bankruptcy. She spent a 6 month period avoiding going to the doctor or her therapist. Niji did not offer financial or legal assistance in any capacity from what I've understood from her story.

I wonder if this is what happened to Kuro?

x Hades Stamps

Don’t quote me on this, but I’m pretty sure that’s highly illegal–actual fraud. Theoretically, they could be held liable in court for this (although they do have enough money to stall it until it’s dismissed. No idea how any of this works in her court, though)

Kuri Rinji

Red Nousagi

Anycolor will forever be the winner of the Incompetency Olympics. The only thing this company seems to be good at is filling their own and Riku's pockets.

Passively contributing to almost ruining someone's life again.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

No idea how to archive twitch VODs, but I'm damn sure this moment will be clipped by every dramafag under the sun.

I... okay.

Niji has done it.

Niji is officially worse than fucking WACTOR.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

No idea how to archive from Twitch streams that are still in progress, but I'm damn sure this moment will be clipped by every dramafag under the sun.

That's fucking dirty, and here I thought that Kuro was just an idiot for his tax troubles. Looks like there's a consistent pattern here.

Seoleim

I'm sure this will be picked up by LM but holy shit that's bad. Lying to your employees and essentially stealing from them to pay YOUR tax bill? Time to get some popcorn lads and lasses... we're about to see some gold medal winning gymnastics from the sisters about why this isn't such a bad deal and she's just a Doki fangirl.

God's Strongest Dragoon

That's fucking dirty, and here I thought that Kuro was just an idiot for his tax troubles. Looks like there's a consistent pattern here.
He's still a menhera idiot but this gives A LOT of leniancy to him now because holy fuck, that makes it even more apparent how fucked it was. That's some blacker than black, what the fuck.

niggaphil

Wow, just wow. Kurosanji, not even once

I am surprised that Mika did not sue Kurosanji for this shit

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Wow, just wow. Kurosanji, not even once
I am surprised that Mika did not sue Kurosanji for this shit
With what money? And they have no assets in ID, so it's gonna be long process in nipland. But yeah, she and Kuro absolutely should at least threaten to file criminal charges and sue.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Purely hypothetically, if Froot claimed she attempted suicide because of "Where's the money" posts on TVA, even if she had proof she was hospitalised, you would not apologise. One, because it's a dumb reason to attempt suicide which you cannot be held morally or legally responsible for. Two, because you and Froot's fans already mutually dislike each other.
The comparison falls apart because Froot isn't our employee. There are laws in many countries, including Canada, as to how management can treat its employees, and discriminating against specific employees and harassing them is illegal. Nijisanji has obligations with how they treat Selen under Canadian law, and those obligations cannot be waived away because Selen is a contractor or because her employers were in Japan. On the other hand, we have no legal obligation to Froot or her welfare beyond what we'd have towards any other random person.

Seoleim

With what money? And they have no assets in ID, so it's gonna be long process in nipland. But yeah, she and Kuro absolutely should at least threaten to file criminal charges and sue.
Let's say for the sake of argument that Niji owe her $100,000 USD. It would probably cost half that minimum to fight it and she could lose. Yes it's a lot of money but the stress this all would cause may not be worth it vs what she might get in return. The best revenge she can get right now is to become happy and successful in Vshojo, and let the bad publicity of this send shockwaves throughout the internet which will hurt Niji SO much worse than what she could ever do.

bothyourhouses

Being optimistic, this sounds like a big misunderstanding of Japanese tax withholding. If you're a contractor/casual worker then payments to you can (and in some circumstances must) have some tax withheld at source. But the withholding happens at the lowest tax rate (because the system is meant for, like, casual hourly workers first and foremost), so if you earn enough to hit a higher tax bracket then you're still obliged to file a tax return and pay the difference.

In fairness to Niji they also probably can't offer to help with an individual's taxes without their fictitious independent contractor status breaking down. Which is because it's a scam in the first place, sure, but I think Holo and all the big agencies do the same?

Militante

Being optimistic, this sounds like a big misunderstanding of Japanese tax withholding. If you're a contractor/casual worker then payments to you can (and in some circumstances must) have some tax withheld at source. But the withholding happens at the lowest tax rate (because the system is meant for, like, casual hourly workers first and foremost), so if you earn enough to hit a higher tax bracket then you're still obliged to file a tax return and pay the difference.

In fairness to Niji they also probably can't offer to help with an individual's taxes without their fictitious independent contractor status breaking down. Which is because it's a scam in the first place, sure, but I think Holo and all the big agencies do the same?
The way the story was told, no tax has been paid under her name, and it was under a different entity entirely with regards to the amount that was filed, as opposed to an underpayment of her taxes. And that she had to foot the bill for the entire tax not just some underpaid portion of her due taxes.

Anyone got a copy of the VOD/can it be downloaded off an ongoing Twitch livestream? I'd like to double back and recheck to be sure myself.

Optimistic version of events would be making up the difference for two years worth of taxes, which was somehow enough to nearly bankrupt Mika at the time. The less optimistic version would be Niji taking their corporate income tax payments off their collective ID talents, which may be possible given that she mentioned that there were payment confirmation numbers given after she asked Niji about it.

Full blown rrats in the walls version of events would be Niji took 10% off her cut wholesale, called it tax, then fabricated the payment confirmation numbers/used numbers from an entirely different receipt/tax payment to placate Mika's concerns and wipe their hands of it. Unlikely, I hope.

Last edited:

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
That's actually wild to me. "Hey we can do your taxes for us."
Okay cool. *2 years later* Wait what the fuck did you do?
"We told you, we took your income to pay our company taxes."
:zaionwhatsgoingon:

Unless I missed the gist of what I read. If I didn't I'm honestly astounded by this one and I beg to ask who all got hit by this. Wonder if the other former ID's got any government shit or something as well. I am MASSIVELY curious to see how many people this runs through. If it's just her and Kuro I guess some unicorn in the company really got mad to fuck them both over together! Joke aside though, assuming he had a similar issue but nobody else that's ironic. If anyone other than these two got hit by this I really want to see who and if there's any kind of pattern. If it's nobody but Mika, then someone really fucking hated her I guess.

The way the story was told, no tax has been paid under her name, and it was under a different entity entirely with regards to the amount that was filed, as opposed to an underpayment of her taxes. And that she had to foot the bill for the entire tax not just some underpaid portion of her due taxes.

Anyone got a copy of the VOD/can it be downloaded off an ongoing Twitch livestream? I'd like to double back and recheck to be sure myself.
If I remember right ytdlp can? But I'm not sure if it needs any extras. Might be something in the archiving techniques thread you can find real quick.

Edit: Also I forgot, but as long as it's still live and they don't kill it specifically, if you go to their videos section while they're live there should be a currently running vod, so you can go back and check in there in the meantime.

Last edited:

tarkanoltr

Just to save a few seconds, I think this is when she starts to discuss it:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
I guess that's why the majority of their ID talents left, this company gets worst by the second holy shit.
I used to believe it was at least a decent decision to join niji as an alternative to holo, but now I am glad the ones that joined holo did so.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Let's say for the sake of argument that Niji owe her $100,000 USD. It would probably cost half that minimum to fight it and she could lose. Yes it's a lot of money but the stress this all would cause may not be worth it vs what she might get in return. The best revenge she can get right now is to become happy and successful in Vshojo, and let the bad publicity of this send shockwaves throughout the internet which will hurt Niji SO much worse than what she could ever do.
Disagree, this becomes a situation where they can offload vast majority of the work to jap police and prosecutors, becasue this goes well into the territory of theft/scam/fraud.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Top Bottom