Not open for further replies.

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
:cursedbae: :cursedbae: :cursedbae:
talents frantically charting plans to portray everyone who fucked up as victims of le evil managment, while management franticaly trying to annoit least popular talent as scrapegoats

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Anyone can think of a reason as to why the three "amicable" graduates from NijiEN don't rush to support Doki?
So far the only former NijiEN to proudly support Doki are Sayu (terminated) and U-San (terminated in spirit). None of Matara, Kuro or Pomu even follow Doki on twitter. Kuro is exercising his favourite past-time of sitting on fences and his statements so far have mostly been in support of the remaining Nijis. Matara as far as I know has yet to say anything. Pomu's statement is odd because it insinuates she knew and "wishes she could have done more".
Mika has also been quiet on the whole thing as far as I know.

To me it makes it look like one of the following:
1) They value their remaining friendships in NijiEN more.
2) They have remaining NDAs / Contractual obligations (seems odd since they are apparently free to do what they want in terms of their online activities)
3) Since Mata and Kuro are VShojo and Pomu and Mika are likely to follow, maybe it's on VShojo (again odd, since Zentreya follows Doki, also "talent freedom")
Can you give a reason as to why it would be a great business move to get involved in the situation?

Weirdo Level 3

It's actually regressing to the norms. We were spoiled by Hololive when it comes to subs number.
If you look at subs number in NijiJP. This is actually what happens when you keep ACCELERATING. There will be plenty of people who struggle behind. Below table count active vtubers by vstats
Tl;dr 75% of their livers are below 500k mark and only 5 are above 1 million.
The company is literally powered by the bottomless money pit called fujoshi who will gladly buy fake copied handsign by a livers' moderator.
SubsCount%
≤100.000
2013,89%
≤200.0005336,81%
≤300.0007854,17%
≤400.000
9565,97%
≤500.000
10875,00%
<500.000 >1.000.0003121,53%
≥1.000.00053,47%
Total144
Unrelated bonus: I found out that nijisanji has livers with the name of : Air; Pettit Rat; Kenya; Selling Burgundy; Seraph Dazzlegarden; Conifer.
Turns out Vezalius Bandage isn't that bad after all
Honestly, I never really fully understood the business plan of consecutive generations to begin with. Like, I get that the main goal is to catch more eyes, but it's usually the same people who already support currently existing talents. They just end up forced to drop a few focuses and probably stop looking at new gens altogether because of there being too many possible chuubas to subscribe and frequently watch. After the first three gens in NijiEN, I just mentally ignore the subsequent gens because I don't have any time at all for more of them. Hololive's slow release just seems way more sustainable and I can actually remember who is who because of it.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
They are corpo, they will be ripped apart by their management.
Not so much mangement. They just dont want to burn collab bridges for whole vshojo until tardEN is completely destroyed. Also taking sides in drama is very unprofessional even if it's crystal clear. Many sponsors won't like such things.
Free time is also a factor, as well as vision for content. Everyone have their own plans too, your two oshiis might never collab on stream even when they are friends IRL and banter in twitter every day. I.E. Shondo do her own thing and i can't really imagine collabs that will make sense without breakin kayfabe (which she adhere to very hard).

Last edited:

VSoyBoy

They are corpo, they will be ripped apart by their management.
So is Zentreya.
Can you give a reason as to why it would be a great business move to get involved in the situation?
It's been a great business move for everyone else. I just think It would be a slam dunk at this moment in time, unless they believe public sentiment will pivot. Everybody here and elsewhere thinks Niji is beyond saving, so burn the dinky little bridge you have left, score some brownie points and secure a relationship with top trending VTuber Dokibird.

frz

Honestly, I never really fully understood the business plan of consecutive generations to begin with. Like, I get that the main goal is to catch more eyes, but it's usually the same people who already support currently existing talents. They just end up forced to drop a few focuses and probably stop looking at new gens altogether because of there being too many possible chuubas to subscribe and frequently watch. After the first three gens in NijiEN, I just mentally ignore the subsequent gens because I don't have any time at all for more of them. Hololive's slow release just seems way more sustainable and I can actually remember who is who because of it.
Well they make way more money than hololive despite suisei selling albums like hot cakes so they must do something right
Basically it's the art of having diverse enough content so the small livers still make the company money
E.g let's ignore the top and look at the bottom 100. Per say on average a quarter, they brings in 12k$ per talent in revenue, the company take 10k cut, the talent take 2k cut (very generously estimated due to 2%), bam they made 1 million dollar a quarter on them. Does it matter if the talents are earning 3 times below minimum wage without a base salary? No? fuck them. What about talent cost?? Haha you are at the bottom ladder, riku aint paying you shit. You fund all your projects.

1 million dollars goes into Riku's yacht fund. The top earners already offset the company's salary/maintenance cost already since riku's also pinching that part.
Tl;dr: It makes a lot of sense to do so economically if you ignore morals and talents well-being.

Last edited:

Hwoarang

talents frantically charting plans to portray everyone who fucked up as victims of le evil managment, while management franticaly trying to annoit least popular talent as scrapegoats
rrats are it was Fulgur who posted that, according to a reply to that post, at least.

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer
And yet you see people telling that joining Niji for numbers boost is a good idea. For an indie if you are on a grind and have a reasonable amount of talent, reaching 10-30k subs in half a year is not unreasonable. And I have a massive trouble believing that an indie with 30k who can play whatever she wants, collab with whoever she wants, do whatever she wants, is somehow earning less than a Niji talent with less than 100k subs. Bonus point, if you are too proactive and try too hard in Niji you will also get fucked in the ass and abused
I'm sorry, but this is blatantly false. You are incredibly vastly overestimating how many vtubers "make it" to some degree. Fucking Kirsche had her CCV stuck at 40-50 at most until she exploded, which was three years into her streaming career. For me, it's very easy to see the temptation of getting out of the 2view trenches.

Weirdo Level 3

Well they make way more money than hololive despite suisei selling albums like hot cakes so they must do something right
Basically it's the art of having diverse enough content so the small livers still make the company money
E.g let's ignore the top and look at the bottom 100. Per say on average a quarter, they brings in 12k$ per talent in revenue, the company take 10k cut, the talent take 2k cut (very generously estimated due to 2%), bam they made 1 million dollar a year on them. Does it matter if the talents are earning below minimum wage without a base salary? No? fuck them. Riku gets more yacht money.
Seems rather ruthless, but it makes sense from a pure numbers standpoint. The main appeal would be having a reputable corpo as a part of your appeal would hook people, in addition to the corpo fans as well as aggressive marketing that indies are not often capable of doing. That being said, I dunno how much that "reputable" status would stay alive overseas. NijiEN was their big international audience hook and now it's tainted by this whole situation.

Ben Lurkin

And yet you see people telling that joining Niji for numbers boost is a good idea. For an indie if you are on a grind and have a reasonable amount of talent, reaching 10-30k subs in half a year is not unreasonable.
Examples? For every indie who "made it" there's a couple hundreds who don't, and not necessarily bc of talent. Sometimes they get unlucky with the algorithm, or are too niche to find their audience fast enough. And streaming to 3 people for two months (after spending 1k on a model) before some clipper makes a video of you talking about balls or whatever, it's probably a chore. Sure, some keep grinding, but you can certainly see the appeal of having 10-30k people guaranteed giving you a chance on day 1.
And I have a massive trouble believing that an indie with 30k who can play whatever she wants, collab with whoever she wants, do whatever she wants, is somehow earning less than a Niji talent with less than 100k subs. Bonus point, if you are too proactive and try too hard in Niji you will also get fucked in the ass and abused
A 30k indie can't collab with their oshis. A 30k niji might.
It's all pros and cons for different people, let's not kid ourselves and say there's absolutely no use for nijiEn, and no one new will ever join.
Especially because there's no way they keep going without fixing (or pretending to fix) at least some of the issues.

Anyone can think of a reason as to why the three "amicable" graduates from NijiEN don't rush to support Doki?
"amicable" probably (definitely, they've talked about it iirc) comes with a contract to keep it that way. Termination means they don't have any more control over you.
That probably factors in
2) They have remaining NDAs / Contractual obligations (seems odd since they are apparently free to do what they want in terms of their online activities)
Kuro has said that he's keeping to contract (idk of he used that word specifically or left it implied), and that there're things he's not allowed to say. Left ambiguous as to whether that's vshojo or part of his agreement with niji as he left.
3) Since Mata and Kuro are VShojo and Pomu and Mika are likely to follow, maybe it's on VShojo (again odd, since Zentreya follows Doki, also "talent freedom")
I doubt it, but idk. I think it's pretty standard for a company like niji to have you sign an NDA as you leave in return for being able to leave peacefully. Especially if you left because of problems with management.
Maybe it's a bit of both. It looks bad to push the limits of your NDA while in a different corpo, maybe that's why Pomu gave the clearer statement.

We still don't know who was bullied and who were the bullies. We don't know that everyone who left did so clean.
Sure, they probably weren't part of the main clique, since they clearly left because of being sabotaged by bullies/management. But in situations like that, maybe they did end up falling in line and starting to tell others to do so, or enabling the bullies. They know people are riled up and looking for blood, and if they very clearly support Doki, and then it comes out that they sent even one message echoing the bullying, people are gonna jump on them. There's not much to gain, and too much to loose.
And that's giving them the benefit of the doubt (rightfully). Pomu having been so close to Elira, I still wonder if maybe she's afraid of something involving her coming out in all this.

I mean, that depends. Suisei, Matsuri & Kiara have all collabed with 2views they either randomly found on youtube or who were specifically their fans. Matsuri actually does this by the literal dozen.

If the 2view routinely streams and isn't terrified by the idea of human contact, collabing with their oshi actually seems easier to achieve than it would be if they're a Niji. Just ask Pomu.
I meant more if their oshi is niji as well.

Last edited:

Bronze

So is Zentreya.

It's been a great business move for everyone else. I just think It would be a slam dunk at this moment in time, unless they believe public sentiment will pivot. Everybody here and elsewhere thinks Niji is beyond saving, so burn the dinky little bridge you have left, score some brownie points and secure a relationship with top trending VTuber Dokibird.
Zen has no past with Niji. Matara and Kuro taking her side instead of their friends there and ex-company will be noticed and drag Vshojo in the drama, in my opinion.

Companies that did cut ties benefit from the PR like Hyte and other merch shops, artists etc, or they are too big for Niji to challenge like EA. Hololive didn't get involved. Has any agency took Doki's side openly?

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Unrelated bonus: I found out that nijisanji has livers with the name of : Air; Pettit Rat; Kenya; Selling Burgundy; Seraph Dazzlegarden; Conifer.
Seraph Dazzlegarden is a bit of special case because back when he's still part of Virtual Talent Academy/VTA, his name is like, pretty normal-sounding "Misono Satoshi". Think he decided to spice things up by changing it like that.

Aside of that, yes, most of JP naming sense are either basic/normal japanese naming schemes that works (Shizuka Rin, Yashiro Kizuku, Tsukino Mito), English-sounding name that might works (Oliver Evans, Sister Claire, Lain Paterson), "It sounded cool" (Ex Albio, Seraph Dazzlegarden, Emma★August), etc. So yeah, they just let their creativity go around when making these characters, and more often than not, the names are either their own or just the talent deciding it themselves.

Is it really a great business move if what you said is to just go and flock to the current trend of the year, aka Dokibird? Seems short-hand to me, but I'm not as knowledgeable. Do explain to us, if you like.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
This is the worst timeline
View attachment 63981
Mine didn't show that on an incognito tab and TIL I can't take screenshots of a mobile incognito tab
What possible grounds would Yugo have to sue, though, and why did Zaion and Selen not have the same grounds?
I'm not sure why it wouldn't apply to Doki and Sayu but Sayu did say Yugo got the shaft somewhere in her breakdown 4 months ago
She said she expressed concern to Niji that "she didn't want to be treated like yugo" and Niji responded "you are different people" seemingly reassuring her that they wouldn't well we know how that turned out
So while we don't know what was sue worthy I think that's the point the court case according to Nux resulted in an agreement from both sides not to shit talk each other interestingly both sides skirted that as much as they were legally allowed (niji in the grad notice and U-San in their lore videos where there are Niji metaphors abound)
So far the only former NijiEN to proudly support Doki are Sayu (terminated) and U-San (terminated in spirit). None of Matara, Kuro or Pomu even follow Doki on twitter. Kuro is exercising his favourite past-time of sitting on fences and his statements so far have mostly been in support of the remaining Nijis. Matara as far as I know has yet to say anything. Pomu's statement is odd because it insinuates she knew and "wishes she could have done more".

Did Zentreya actually say anything or just follow Doki?
As for Kuro and Nina they might be afraid of legal issues
As for Mika I think she's in the pipeline to Vshojo and thus is too busy to get involved
And as people said Pomu expressed regret that she couldn't help Selen while she was there in vague tweets
Companies that did cut ties benefit from the PR like Hyte and other merch shops, artists etc, or they are too big for Niji to challenge like EA. Hololive didn't get involved. Has any agency took Doki's side openly?
True correct me if I'm wrong but I think not even Pippa has said anything about it I think fishman made it clear they weren't involving themselves because Pippa did comment on pomu grad in confusion that it wasn't selen but when it came to the termination radio silence as far as I know

Last edited:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
So is Zentreya.

You would be right if it wasnt temporary, this drama will die down and people will move on. Gaining temporary viewers is not worth hurting your relations with your friends and maybe losing opportunities. The difference with Doki is she got dragged in this shitshow and she never wanted anything to do with it. They're still ex-coworkers. I dont think they need to get involved in drama to collab with doki if they ever feel like it.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

Xuhle

Question why do we believe there is a non-disparaging clause in niji contracts? Wouldn't pointing out horrible management be disparaging for how bad it is? Cause sayu, matara, kuro, and even Selen while in the company said the management is terrible.

Hell sayu document was full of disparaging comments and from what we see niji has never gone after her even when she traveled to Japan.

Weirdo Level 3

Frankly, I dunno why it would be a great business move when all it does is pull your whole channel and identity into the fray. If Mata or Kuro in particular joined in, the whole of Vshojo would be dragged in. Their whole content would be forced to acknowledge this drama and they won't be able to diversify, but if they do, the chat and dramafags in chat would just keep asking for their opinion in the situation. It won't result in permanent subs, it will just be a temporary affair because they'll be unsubbed to after the whole ordeal is over. It's too short-term of an advantage. On Pomu, it just seems like she doesn't want to go into the fray for her mental health. In addition to the whole dramafag subbing then unsubbing, she just recently graduated and if it is as harsh of a work environment as Selen went through, it'll be mentally taxing to be reminded of it. This isn't even factoring the thought of "Why didn't they voice this earlier?" and "They just say it out loud now that someone is vocal?", which might affect their reputation (probably). Meanwhile Sayu has clear reason to be fully vocal in support due to her indie status and the circumstances of her leaving, so it only reinforces the subs she already has. I dunno enough about U-san to say anything.

TL; DR Dramafags come and go at the same duration as the said drama, so it's not a good business move and just degrades your reputation a bit.

frz

Seems rather ruthless, but it makes sense from a pure numbers standpoint. The main appeal would be having a reputable corpo as a part of your appeal would hook people, in addition to the corpo fans as well as aggressive marketing that indies are not often capable of doing. That being said, I dunno how much that "reputable" status would stay alive overseas. NijiEN was their big international audience hook and now it's tainted by this whole situation.
well yagoo is literally an unicorn. The goal of all CEO but him are pocketing more money and sacrificing the lowest grunts are the easiest way to do so. See Amazon or basically all corpors. None of them cares about reputation or human lives.
And honestly acceleration isnt why Nijisanji expansions fell. It's cost pinching + nepotism even on the key management position that lead into a group of immature, inexperienced brats at the helm and fucking everything up.
If management treated selen well the branch could easily go for years without problem while ACCELLERATING even harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom