"I get the weirdest DMs, we don't DM that often but when I get a DM from Lia it's like the weirdest possible thing I can ever think of; Dude I have seen Freddy Fazbear's nipples..."Fujikura Uruka

Nijisanji declares Total Retard War on Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Style

Shit's still wack, yo!
Brought to you by one of those Internet celebs who have to talk about everything notable and trending online nowadays or risk losing that delicious engagement.
Pot calling the kettle black

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
It may not be illegal, but it makes you look much worse in court which is quite enough by itself. And now, tardsanji twice went with public accusations first, which is one of the biggest faux pas.
At most I would expect it to be a bit easier for Selen's counsel to get sanctions assessed if Niji breaks confidentiality regarding actual court-ordered protected material during future proceedings.

ippy

Schizo drunk rambling at 1am:

My genuine feeling after the "apology" statement by Riku is that Lawyers are now in the "How much for you to fuck off?" stage of negotiation. I know /vt/ thinks Niji will wage all out war and lock her into expensive, legal financial death... but theyve sort of tried that several times already and its blown up in their... actual. physical. shareprice.
Shareholders have told them very clearly: 'Get rid of this problem, now.' And that's what the subtext of the statement was ('we're sorting this out')
Im a super small investor, (~50K), but i wouldnt touch niji regardless of their growth. Its a day traders wet dream though. Cover on the other hand, is just happy stability (right now - who knows when vtubers are replaced by neuros). Id easily through a few thousand into cover because over the next few years... and with holo 7 about to come (and any surprise holoen 4 or in4... fuck, just the investment in the studio thats completely booked for holo talents but could be at the cutting edge (with continual investment over multiplle years - its a growth catalyst in the exact opposite way "Accelerate" and Livers feeding off each other isnt

I reckon theres gonna be 'an internal investigation', some findings (from the JP management in japanese), an apology to Selen for the harassment she faced, 'systematic and operational changes to NijiEN' (subsumed under JP management - yes, it technically is and is likely the core of their problem), and an undisclosed pay out to 'move on'. The reputationsal damage is way too high (even if you believe selen has no chance in a legal case - though i would argue that the japanese way of sending employees into isolation may work in japan where the culture tolerates and understands it, but doesnt work in canada where constructive dismissal is probably a thing (not Canadian, from UK, but assume labor laws are pretty similar). Every time they bring her up, the stock drops. I just went to have another look...

The Riku statement was actually a good statement. Another 4% drop. I think investors genuinely have lost confidence that they know what theyre doing and can actually get on top of this. And arguably, Niji went in hard today to fix their reputation (both with a deliberate attack, and then a we are very sorry). Looking at a ytd chart, support is around 3000yens (3010, 3055, 3055, and currently at 3195). If they break through that support (and swing traders are going to be smelling the blood), then 2600 and if we break that, theres no actual level.
So thats why i beleive they will bury this as fast as possible. We are way too close to their support. We can easily hit 2600 with more bad press. And its not anywhere near as strong as that 3000 level (one test versus 4 (potential) tests).

Their business is cute anime characters being cute. Its not drama and controversy.
A 2 mill (USD) payout will probably put it to bed. Doki just wanted to play neopets. Instead her world crashed around her and she had one of her shittest days ever (They tried to literally destroy her career on her first 'normal' stream (can we add that to the harrasment and bullying) or at least make sure every japanese corpo (hololive) knew she was a menhera liability)...

And then... i think she got an offer to fuck off, no strings attached.

Imagine sending you CEO to commit financial Seppuku... imagine how serious it all is when Riku (who just wants to be really popular as Japan's new wave of multi-millionares/billionares), has to come APOLOGISE to the share holders for fucking the handling of this at every single step thus far (two weeks by the way according to the niji shareholder timeline, but a month and a half for all of us - and they're going to realise we knew about how bad this was WAY before they did... and they have actual money on the line whilst we're just idiots fighting about chuubas)). This is genuinely infuriariating as a (hypothetical - and why i aint touching it) shareholder and points to either a ceo not in control of the ship, or a ceo actively bullshitting you. Neither option is worth your investment.
So theyre going to now bury this as fast as possible. And if they dont (and follow the vt line), they deserve their 1500 yen price. Which is, numbers exluded and sentiment alone a price i'd still feel is overvalued for a CEO who cant be bothered to pay attention to the branches in his OWN LITERAL company (which he also has a 45% share of).

Last edited:

returntomonke

Unapoligetic sheep enjoyer
Brought to you by one of those Internet celebs who have to talk about everything notable and trending online nowadays or risk losing that delicious engagement.

I welcome Charlie and Muta as long as this helps bring nijisanji down

niggaphil

My genuine feeling after the "apology" statement by Riku is that Lawyers are now in the "How much for you to fuck off?" stage of negotiation. I know /vt/ thinks Niji will wage all out war and lock her into expensive, legal financial death... but theyve sort of tried that several times already and its blown up in their... actual. physical. shareprice.
Shareholders have told them very clearly: 'Get rid of this problem, now.' And that's what the subtext of the statement was ('we're sorting this out')
Im a super small investor, (~50K), but i wouldnt touch niji regardless of their growth. Its a day traders wet dream though. Cover on the other hand, is just happy stability (right now - who knows when vtubers are replaced by neuros). Id easily through a few thousand into cover because over the next few years... and with holo 7 about to come (and any surprise holoen 4 or in4... fuck, just the investment in the studio thats completely booked for holo talents but could be at the cutting edge (with continual investment over multiplle years - its a growth catalyst in the exact opposite way "Accelerate" and Livers feeding off each other isnt

I reckon theres gonna be 'an internal investigation', some findings (from the JP management in japanese), an apology to Selen for the harassment she faced, 'systematic and operational changes to NijiEN' (subsumed under JP management - yes, it technically is and is likely the core of their problem), and an undisclosed pay out to 'move on'. The reputationsal damage is way too high (even if you believe selen has no chance in a legal case - though i would argue that the japanese way of sending employees into isolation may work in japan where the culture tolerates and understands it, but doesnt work in canada where constructive dismissal is probably a thing (not Canadian, from UK, but assume labor laws are pretty similar). Every time they bring her up, the stock drops. I just went to have another look...

The Riku statement was actually a good statement. Another 4% drop. I think investors genuinely have lost confidence that they know what theyre doing and can actually get on top of this. And arguably, Niji went in hard today to fix their reputation (both with a deliberate attack, and then a we are very sorry). Looking at a ytd chart, support is around 3000yens (3010, 3055, 3055, and currently at 3195). If they break through that support (and swing traders are going to be smelling the blood), then 2600 and if we break that, theres no actual level.
So thats why i beleive they will bury this as fast as possible. We are way too close to their support. We can easily hit 2600 with more bad press. And its not anywhere near as strong as that 3000 level (one test versus 4 (potential) tests).

Their business is cute anime characters being cute. Its not drama and controversy.
A 2 mill (USD) payout will probably put it to bed. Doki just wanted to play neopets. Instead her world crashed around her and she had one of her shittest days ever (They tried to literally destroy her career on her first 'normal' stream (can we add that to the harrasment and bullying) or at least make sure every japanese corpo (hololive) knew she was a menhera liability)...

Imagine sending you CEO to commit financial Seppuku... imagine how serious it all is when Riku (who just wants to be really popular as Japan's new wave of multi-millionares/billionares), has to come APOLOGISE to the share holders for fucking the handling of this at every single step thus far (two weeks by the way according to the niji shareholder timeline, but a month and a half for all of us - and they're going to realise we knew about how bad this was WAY before they did... and they have actual money on the line whilst we're just idiots fighting about chuubas)). This is genuinely infuriariating as a (hypothetical - and why i aint touching it) shareholder and points to either a ceo not in control of the ship, or a ceo actively bullshitting you. Neither option is worth your investment.
So theyre going to now bury this as fast as possible. And if they dont (and follow the vt line), they deserve their 1500 yen price. Which is, numbers exluded and sentiment alone a price i'd still feel is overvalued for a CEO who cant be bothered to pay attention to the branches in his OWN LITERAL company (which he also has a 45% share of).

As a shareholder, if he doesnt care what happens to his business, why the fuck would i give him my money?

So thats what todays very emergency statement was about. And it was good. But it still did nothing to calm nerves (further drops in the afternoon session) . And so tonight i genuinely believe doki got an offer to move on. Because this is a potentially billion dollar business getting fucked by a liver who just wants to be rid of her association with you. Obviously you just pay her to 'move on'. Or you make headlines for several years stagnating (given the pushback from the fanbase).

I hope she had the best day ever, and the dragoons have 15 new projects she's now thinking about so she can make exactly zero dollars profit over the next few years.

IMAGINE someone accusing their employer and the people representing said employer of harassment (in which you want to literally off yourself), you publish a schedule in advance... and then on day 1 of said schedule (literally 30 minutes before your stream, an announcement goes up from at least one of the people you mentioned in your complaint claps back on your (so far undisclosed complainant). And now when you go live you have to also deal with this bullshit? MORE bullying and harassment from said company, when you dont even work for them? And then an hour or so later, after they see the wave of L in their chat, the CEO of said company comes out to make another, much softer statement about how influential you were (NEGLIGIBLE)?
What a fucking day?

Fortunately (Selenium), i reckon they realised this is a car crash (once the ceo had to make a massive japanese bow), and offered you 2 million USD to stop talking about them and theyd stfu about you and let you play neopets in peace.
shit nigga, are you expecting me to read all that?

Only nijisisters on twitter are capabale to write this type of long ass fan fic

:dokiSmug:

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
This is something that passed by me
Where did it confirm any bullying from Vox
The only talents that we know of, that were named in Selens Doc (probably reporting the harassment to managers) are Elira, Millie and Enna
Vox's involvement comes from his part in the explanation video, where he describes approaching Selen along with a number of other unspecified livers to discuss her handling of things with her manager because they felt she was acting unnecessarily and harmfully, and they were anxious that Selen's friction might cause problems for them from management in general.
Vox says he believes that they didn't do this in a harassing manner, but personally, if a bunch of my work colleagues (who aren't even all directly associated with me) began collectively criticising me all at once over my personal issues with one/some of my bosses that they're not involved in...I might feel harrassed. The video is worded very politely and passively but framing is everything here and it could just be an attempt to get ahead of further allegations. I guess we'll see if/when Doki releases her receipts of their interactions.

frz

"Collapse" is probably going a little far unless JPs start joining Chihiro soon. It's possible, but until that happens, it can keep going without an EN branch.

The investors won't like it, and the previous buyback means it's actually to a significant extent Niji's loss (with the caveat that stock value losses aren't real losses unless sold), but a collapse is, for the time being, wishful thinking.
the males are hard carrying the company, unless Kuzuha suddenly calls it quit nothing will bring it down even if all gen 0 members quit
I reckon theres gonna be 'an internal investigation', some findings (from the JP management in japanese), an apology to Selen for the harassment she faced, 'systematic and operational changes to NijiEN' (subsumed under JP management - yes, it technically is and is likely the core of their problem), and an undisclosed pay out to 'move on'. 2 millions pay out to Dokibird
You sure you are just drunk and not on crack?
They trippled down so far, and they will quadruple down when Doki release her statement. I'm 10000% sure of it.
They might as well do some more self-reporting while they are at it too.
Harry seems to be a close friend of Riku and he will go to bat for him no matter what happened. Demonstrated by what happened today.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

As a shareholder, if he doesnt care what happens to his business, why the fuck would i give him my money?

So thats what todays very emergency statement was about. And it was good. But it still did nothing to calm nerves (further drops in the afternoon session) . And so tonight i genuinely believe doki got an offer to move on. Because this is a potentially billion dollar business getting fucked by a liver who just wants to be rid of her association with you. Obviously you just pay her to 'move on'. Or you make headlines for several years stagnating (given the pushback from the fanbase).

I hope she had the best day ever, and the dragoons have 15 new projects she's now thinking about so she can make exactly zero dollars profit over the next few years.

IMAGINE someone accusing their employer and the people representing said employer of harassment (in which you want to literally off yourself), you publish a schedule in advance... and then on day 1 of said schedule (literally 30 minutes before your stream, an announcement goes up from at least one of the people you mentioned in your complaint claps back on your (so far undisclosed complainant). And now when you go live you have to also deal with this bullshit? MORE bullying and harassment from said company, when you dont even work for them? And then an hour or so later, after they see the wave of L in their chat, the CEO of said company comes out to make another, much softer statement about how influential you were (NEGLIGIBLE)?
What a fucking day?

Fortunately (Selenium), i reckon they realised this is a car crash (once the ceo had to make a massive japanese bow), and offered you 2 million USD to stop talking about them and theyd stfu about you and let you play neopets in peace.
66267829839868.jpg

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Damn reading the 15 pages since I went to bed yesterday, I didn't know this place had so many fucking lawyers, with all of you we could form Inmate & Inmate LLC.
I can be the janitor!

Like, a real one.

bolulod

God help
I love doki but I want to see this as neutral as possible so so SO BAD
BUT I truly fail to understand what do they hope to achieve with that 15 minutes statement (if we see it livers vs livers instead of "management bad")
  • "Selen is the bad one"? Weve seen how it goes the first round
  • Slandering Selen? Proves the bullying allegation since Doki doesn't even do it
  • Justifying her termination? Sure. I mean, for anyone watching her long enough the reason is not that surprising. And I feel like it's already clear enough there wasnt any problem with that
  • They feel betrayed? I am neutral if I see this on vacuum, but for the love of god why does this particular one needs to be public if not to attack her (then they say do not harrass. i.. i dont know anymore)
  • Afraid of doxxing? Still don't understand why this has to be public.
  • Killing off their own market? For sure it's happening.
You dont need much smarts to predict it doesn't do ANYTHING but painting themselves badly. Unless that's exactly what they (management?) wants. This seems so unnecessary god help anyone slap me back to reality if I delulued myself with all these fumes
:zaionwhatsgoingon:

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist

What a fucking day?

A big problem with just wanting this to go away is that there are likely several talents ready to jump ship when they get the chance. Anymore graduations and/or terminations will probably sink branch and maybe even force JP to downsize to maintain profitability.

Jean Valjean

Brimming with salt
the males are hard carrying the company, unless Kuzuha suddenly calls it quit nothing will bring it down even if all gen 0 members quit

You sure you are just drunk and not on crack?
They trippled down so far, and they will quadruple down when Doki release her statement. I'm 10000% sure of it.
They might as well do some more self-reporting while they are at it too.
Harry seems to be a close friend of Riku and he will go to bat for him no matter what happened. Demonstrated by what happened today.
I'm not actually sure, given that the Riku video could probably have gone far, far worse in terms of content. If they didn't do the Elira stream, I don't actually think the Riku video would have gone over as badly as it did. Still badly, mind you, given the focus on the investors, but at least Riku does pay lip service to Selen and the idea of talent wellbeing in his statement. Involving the livers eroded the remaining goodwill Niji had for a lot of people, so any help Riku's video could have made was too little too late.

However, I don't actually trust that they'll improve internally or smooth things over with Doki. There's a slightly higher chance that they do than if Riku's statement had been worse, but it's still ultimately negligible. This idea also relies on the premise that Niji won't continue being comically malicious, which is a hard sell.

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA
I went to bed last night just as Proctor was starting his Assisted Suicide stream and woke up to see Niji actually performing assisted suicide on themselves. It’s been nonstop reading of these 50+ pages and damn what a ride.

Edit: Btw if this is what we see on the surface imagine what the shitshow goes on inside NijiEN on a daily basis without our knowledge.

Last edited:

frz

I'm not actually sure, given that the Riku video could probably have gone far, far worse in terms of content. If they didn't do the Elira stream, I don't actually think the Riku video would have gone over as badly as it did. Still badly, mind you, given the focus on the investors, but at least Riku does pay lip service to Selen and the idea of talent wellbeing in his statement. Involving the livers eroded the remaining goodwill Niji had for a lot of people, so any help Riku's video could have made was too little too late.

However, I don't actually trust that they'll improve internally or smooth things over with Doki. There's a slightly higher chance that they do than if Riku's statement had been worse, but it's still ultimately negligible.
did you miss the tweet immediately after riku video on how they investigated themselves and found no wrongdoing?
If they were going to fire whichever shitter is shitting up the EN side, they would have been under close watch and wouldnt be able to pull any of that shit. It aint happening bro.
unless the management on NijiEN gets fired and they replace them with new blood, nothing will change.
BUT I truly fail to understand what do they hope to achieve with that 15 minutes statement (if we see it livers vs livers instead of "management bad")
  • Slandering Selen? Proves the bullying allegation since Doki doesn't even do it
  • Justifying her termination? Sure. I mean, for anyone watching her long enough the reason is not that surprising. And I feel like it's already clear enough there wasnt any problem with that
  • They feel betrayed? I am neutral if I see this on vacuum, but for the love of god why does this particular one needs to be public if not to attack her (then they say do not harrass. i.. i dont know anymore)
You dont need much smarts to predict it doesn't do ANYTHING but painting themselves badly. Unless that's exactly what they (management?) wants. This seems so unnecessary god help anyone slap me back to reality if I delulued myself with all these fumes
Note that they didnt brought any actual receipt on all of their claims beside a heavily edited discord message of the MV situation
I expect Doki to drill their anus a new one once she got her side out

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
After reading so many mental OLYMPIC MENTAL GYMNASTICS from the Nijisisters i came to the conclusion that it was all done in purpose to make Riku look good in comparision

Jean Valjean

Brimming with salt
did you miss the tweet immediately after riku video on how they investigated themselves and found no wrongdoing?
If they were going to fire whichever shitter is shitting up the EN side, they would have been under close watch and wouldnt be able to pull any of that shit. It aint happening bro.
unless the management on NijiEN gets fired and they replace them with new blood, nothing will change.
Honestly? I forgot about that. Though that tweet was before the Riku video, so there's a minuscule chance they realised the error of their ways between then and the video. But of course, I'm being extremely rainbow right now. This has been too apocalyptic of a year in the fandom for me to deal with and it's only February.

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

Granted, Riku's words are merely lip service until we see results, but seeing that directly from the CEO himself gives me a little hope that MAYBE we will see some changes within Black Company 2024 in the future. Of course, I'm being charitable here in thinking that all of the fuckups done are solely because NijiEN management are imbeciles, and now NijiJP is forced to step in, which may be unrealistically optimistic thinking. I still have the feeling that there's a 90% chance I will eat my words, but after seeing how neutral Fulgur was with his tweets, I know for sure there is one liver that has nothing to do with this clown fiesta and I'm hoping on the slim chance that it will get better for him.
Making changes doesn't do anything for a company's reputation, it just gets the company back on track, but that reputation is built through years of hard work.

Once damaged, it is hard to repair. Rather than nijisanji's bad PR, I am more worried about whether people will lose faith in VTB and other companies because of these incidents. Audiences, like outstanding talents, may never come back if they are lost

jarpoks

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom