"My vocabulary is definitely, surely, not that crass. I use more refined terms... like whore"Amanogawa Shiina

Nijisanji declares Total Retard War on Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Last bit of numberfagging from me, promise. I've just been waiting for this one.
600-K-BAYBEE.png

UNDER-600-K-BAYBEE.png

Edit: Huh. For some reason the video keeps jumping back a minute right after it loads. Gimme a sec. The actual relevant part is at 2:17:17.
Edit 2: It jumps back even farther every time I refresh the page and try again. What the fuck?

She sounds so excited about hitting 600k, I'd actually feel bad for her if she wasn't for the fact that she did it to herself.

Edit: If you look at her social blade stats for 2023 outside of January where she gained 18k and November where she only gained 1k she gained about 5k subs a month. Assuming her sub count continues to decline over the next month before petering out if Niji doesn't fuck up anymore (unlikely I know), and assuming from here on out NijiEN growth is gonna continue slowing down (which started long before the current situation) she may not even hit 600k this year. Not to mention the massive dip in subs is going to fuck her in the algorithm extremely hard. Imagine having to spend an entire year trying to repair the damage done to your channel by a single video.

Last edited:

Bronze

Wouldnt say it was mostly for clout. I just didnt hear anything of note for it to be brought up here. Anyone is free to watch his 9 hour stream if they want to see something i might have missed.
Its not the dude. Its the material NDF has that is the issue. Their only tangible arguments are "She didn't have to spend that much money, other companies don't pay either and shouldnt have released the cover".

A fan mailed him defending the company and he did talked about it without shitting on them but they presented no argument that's not discussed iirc, and nijidoki doc is already discussed here.

Only other thing I remember of interest other than completeness thing mentioned just now is Niji might not sue her because some cases are handled in the country of the defendant(he gave the details and reason, I just forgot), so if they take an action they might be dragged into a canadian court, which is something they don't prefer.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
She sounds so excited about hitting 600k, I'd actually feel bad for her if she wasn't for the fact that she did it to herself.
Did your video start at the right time, by the way? I'm wondering if it was just an issue on my side.

Xuhle

Only other thing I remember of interest other than completeness thing mentioned just now is Niji might not sue her because some cases are handled in the country of the defendant(he gave the details, I just forgot), so if they take an action they might be dragged into a canadian court, which is something they don't prefer.
I actually figured most of kind of thought that was strange that tehy only showed the manager and nothing of selen comments. Did i know the actually legal term no, did i think it mattered no.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist

Bronze

I actually figured most of kind of thought that was strange that tehy only showed the manager and nothing of selen comments. Did i know the actually legal term no, did i think it mattered no.
Many people did, but NDF might have stealth suspended "thinking" so they just decided highly edited messages are objective truth and a proof

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
More legal spergs going over the situation. Has a much more tepid analysis on the potential Canadian privacy stuff and is actually bringing up statutes.

Someone in chat asking if Doki can get RCMP to go after niji for manslaughter lmfao. They might be grifters, but they can at least slap some sense into the negative IQ fans.

Useful information from Runkle's video:
  • Even under Canadian law, she could still be an independent contractor. The question is ambiguous enough that the fight about it could cost tens of thousands of dollars.
  • The relevant Canadian privacy laws would limit her damages at $20k Canadian (~$14k US).
  • If Selen sued or reported Nijisanji using Canadian privacy laws, she could probably have the public documents redact her identity.
  • Even if Nijisanji got investigated and found to have violated Canadian laws, they can just ignore it. It wouldn't stop them from hiring more independent contractors in Canada because if all they're doing is paying money to some random person in Canada, there isn't anything for Canada to confiscate (since the money sent belongs to that person, not Nijisanji).

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Legal Mindset is not supportive/embracing of the LGBTQIA+ community like the vtubing community is, and putting his content on the front page of the biggest vtuber subreddit does not give a good impression of the kind of community we are, and I think that's something we need to keep in mind as we consume the media around us around Niji's situation.
I think this faggõt might be a bit surprised by how a large chunk of the vtubing community feels about people of gender.

Edit: Or are nijicucks just super gay compared to other communities? :unsure:
Edit: LMAO, it's a tranny.

Last edited:

frz

Useful information from Runkle's video:
  • Even under Canadian law, she could still be an independent contractor. The question is ambiguous enough that the fight about it could cost tens of thousands of dollars.
  • The relevant Canadian privacy laws would limit her damages at $20k Canadian (~$14k US).
  • Even if Nijisanji got investigated and found to have violated Canadian laws, they can just ignore it. It wouldn't stop them from hiring more independent contractors in Canada because if all they're doing is paying money to some random person in Canada, there isn't anything for Canada to confiscate (since the money sent belongs to that person, not Nijisanji).
So ruckles sound 10000 times more professional than the LegalMind dude. You can clearly tell who look at it from a lawyer perspective and someone who want to please their audience and farming superchat.
Im like one hour in so far will keep updating my comment:
- Unless their contract were drafted by someone who got pay 8$/hours, Selen/Niji contract likely have clause stating that they can terminate Selen as they please and that all contract dispute must be done using japanese law/in a japanese court.
- Have asked his international lawyer friends who has experience with Japan and they all confirm that Japanese are racist and their court are biased against foreigners.
- On top of that 14k USD thing, PIPEDA isn't a lawsuit. Selen can file a complain, and if a Canadian commisioner can look at the complain and if they like it, they can summon Nijisanji for answer, which Nijisanji can just ignore. They can raid Nijisanji's office in Canada for documents implicating Nijisanji, which they have none.
- Selen can't claim much damage since she's profitting so much right now. Any damage she claim are minimal.
- Even if Selen somehow won that 14k$, Nijisanji can just ignore the ruling and not even pay, which then Selen have to take the ruling to a japanese court to force them to pay it.
- Vice versa, Doki's asset are in Canada, if Nijisanji want money out of Doki, they will have to bring it to Canada. Damage are hard to claim when it is resulted in their own actions.
- That being said Riku can go full evil and pull a WACTOR to look good in Japanese media. "See we sued her, we are in the right, Selen is a shit human being" same way they handled the Roa case where they got a lot of good publicity despite losing a year later. They will fuck over Selen's life for years over some minor changes to them while keeping their "reputation"

Last edited:

Xuhle

So ruckles sound 10000 times more professional than the LegalMind dude. You can clearly tell who look at it from a lawyer perspective and someone who want to please their audience and farming superchat.
- Unless their contract were drafted by someone who got pay 8$/hours, Selen/Niji contract likely have clause stating that they can terminate Selen as they please and that all contract dispute must be done using japanese law/in a japanese court. Unless selen can find a loophole that can null the entire contract, it will be handled in a Japan court.
- Have asked his international lawyer friends who has experience with Japan and they all confirm that Japanese court are biased against foreigners.
Legal mindset has said that he does it to entertain and to teach. Like there is also the thing of rolling with punches and that mean having fun which he does.

VSoyBoy

- Unless their contract were drafted by someone who got pay 8$/hours, Selen/Niji contract likely have clause stating that they can terminate Selen as they please and that all contract dispute must be done using japanese law/in a japanese court. Unless selen can find a loophole that can null the entire contract, it will be handled in a Japan court.
Don't think that matters anyhow since Selen broke contract first.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Honestly, there's not much point in suing Nijisanji at this point. She'd probably lose more than she stands to make. The lawyer's probably just for defending herself if they decide to go after her.

FlappyBat

I think this faggõt might be a bit surprised by how a large chunk of the vtubing community feels about people of gender.

Edit: LMAO, it's a tranny.

"I accidentally agreed with a conservative clearly this means I must kill myself." lmao

- Have asked his international lawyer friends who has experience with Japan and they all confirm that Japanese are racist and their court are biased against foreigners.
The most important point he made in the stream is no one benefits from this going to court, with the one caveat that niji is acting like retarded monkies throughout this so who knows.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Honestly, there's not much point in suing Nijisanji at this point. She'd probably lose more than she stands to make. The lawyer's probably just for defending herself if they decide to go after her.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure every lawyer who has gone over this so far has stated that it's probably not worth the effort, even if she had a good chance of winning.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Yeah, there is an overlap with pronoun twitter and ex-tumblr types, lots of Nijifans are those kinds of people

Xuhle

Yeah, I'm pretty sure every lawyer who has gone over this so far has stated that it's probably not worth the effort, even if she had a good chance of winning.
Yeah most think for doki its not worth it. A shareholder lawsuit though, that is very possible and might be some case for them. it will probably be settled but will really hurt this black company.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
I lied. Here's a bit more numberfagging.

As Selen (over ~2.5 years):

Total Revenue​

$422,518
Chat | 56,042 Chats
$8 / Chat

As Dokibird (over one week):

Total Revenue​

$50,248
Chat | 2,928 Chats
$17 / Chat

At least she's not suffering from getting fired. Honestly, she's getting pretty close to the number of subscribers she used to have. No chance that she'll keep getting this much in superchats, though.
Elira Pendora (Over ~2.7 years):

Total Revenue​

$353,452
Chat | 48,900 Chats
$7 / Chat

Last edited:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom