"You know what they say, you know, uh, my name is next to the gamer word, like the the gamer word, in the dictionary"Lottie Shinju

[Live] PIPPAPOSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

IonProxy

God's Strongest Emmote (Emmperially Bestowed)

RedRage

I understand why she didn't do it in the past. She was a 2view and didn't want to exclude anyone in her chat.
I agree completely, and pretty much lines up with my blogpost edit before, but I'm pretty sure she still feels this way. One of the things I could see her focusing on is not wanting to feel like she's forcing old members of the community still around to pay to interact with her, alongside still having poorbrain might make her worry about the people left out purely cause they don't have the income.

E: Thinking about it a bit more, I really don't see her doing this, cause then you also have to take into consideration twitch subs, but when you do that you bring in the army of gifted and primes (me) so it sorta ends up defeating the purpose and turns into something that would just make her feel like she's fleecing people.

Last edit (I need sleep): To sorta wrap this whole thing up, I think she needs to decide on something, if she wants to try and get that smaller community back at the cost of some of her income, she needs to filter out whatever part of it she doesn't want around and lose her numberfagging habits. If she's willing to sacrifice her closer community and her reliance on it for the growth and stability, she needs to de-person chat, filtering anyone that would run off (me and some others I'm sure) and go for the generic fleshtuber route of handling chat, cause trying to balance between the two is only gonna drive her and the viewers wild after a while, and would only end poorly.

Last edited:

MythicalSloth

Well-adjusted Individual
Between her very obvious lack of sleep lately, somewhat dubious nutrition, and 3 streams in 1 day I can't really fault her for wanting to end early due to the ''ol streamer battery running low. I've both been exhausted and stayed up until 5am playing games with friends many a time because that's how long it took to decompress enough to actually sleep, and I know I am not the only one.

diethylether

bird molecule
I'd just like to give my 2 schizo cents here too.
I've pointed out sort of a band-aid fix for this within your post, Which is; She honestly should consider starting to do regular-ish membership-only streams. All of her coworkers in Phase Connect do it AFAIK (my source is that other than Pippa I'm only membered to 2 other girls within Phase, which they all do members-only chats and gaming sessions etc. Hell, it's basically done by the majority of vtubers in Hololive/Nijisanji/etc to do membership streams to get closer with people that support you on a monthly basis and filter out the noise of regular streams). I understand why she didn't do it in the past. She was a 2view and didn't want to exclude anyone in her chat. Though, I feel like at this point if she wants less fucking retarded chatters and to try and mend that sort of bond her long time viewers have with her (and miss). She will have to bite the bullet and should consider doing actual membership-only streams. It won't filter absolutely every retard in her chat, but it will filter out enough to be a mildly better environment for both parties (her and chat).
I thought about this while writing my post but she has so many members, I don't know if it would help all that much. Someone else here mentioned that a lot of her members are faggots, too, and it would do little to improve the atmosphere.
But either way, I would appreciate member only content, too. Not because I think I'm owed extra content or anything, but it is a nice gesture. I'm split between thinking she isn't doing more because she's focussing on herself and her just not enjoying it as much as she used to. I know that she made and sent cookies to her viewers in her PL, so I know it's not like she doesn't care at all. But most of her activity there has ceased in this year. I wonder if management told her to quit it.

All I can think of is shondo and how she is on the verge of dying every time she's sick and she has such a compromised immune system that going outside is already a risk. Nonetheless she pushes herself for her viewers so much and hand packages & sends all of her merch (not that she had any other option as an indie I guess). She might be considered a weirdo by many but she cherishes her viewers so much despite being frail and having a decent ccv.

formerly pipkin (Parody)

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
F9oWoUgWEAAbzPz.jpeg

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

formerly pipkin (Parody)

It has before and she's talked about it. What do you mean?
I should've have stuck with saying she'll never let that happen. because of what else she'd do if it does.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
"I'm tired" = I'm tired of talking on stream and being entertaining and responsible for stream.
"Cut stream short" she streamed 3 time yesterday dudes......
"Stayed up SO LATE" she has 2 days off now.
Uwu: Uwu is more entertaining (with Pippa) then Pippa's other male collabs and many of her female collabs. Nothing to complain about.
Profile pics Rrat: Cute
Pippa clips: Cute, everybody changes
Pippa wrangling chat: GIWTWM :pippasadl:But seriously, it's fine and even if someday it's annoying to me I'll just mute her until she finishes like I do with ALL VTUBERS because they ALL go on annoying takes or woman moments sometimes. What did chat even expect anyways, Pippa to pause stream and go to karaoke and sing WGFD with a bunchy of dancing dogs on screen every time somebody says it? Does chat want that as a twitch redeem?

In general I don't think it's fair to criticize Pippa much right now as she's had a upswing in good streams lately and has been taking care of her teeth and going to the Doctor (even if the meds didn't won't out). It also sounds like she'd tried to go out more and be more social, even if it didn't work out (DND group) she tried. She should walk the dog though, no purple legs. Also, just the fact that she's streaming consistently and has extra streams while many of her company are MIA or coasting at reduced streams, makes her stand out as actually really professional and reliable as an entertainer.
TLDR Pippa GOOD :pippaworship:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Going back a bit I think this is why I find criticism from /pcg/ to be painfully obnoxious: I do not like that genuinely fair points some people are making (her staying up all night then being tired on stream etc.) seem to get equal representation to "she's actually cucking (You) with uwu, stay mad pipnigs"-tier """criticism""". I also dislike how possessive a lot of it comes off as; she is allowed to spend time away from her chat playing games with her friends. Everyone does this, it's good to have a healthy work/life balance, the only difference here is people can actually track when she's playing the Mahjong game.

I feel I need to word this carefully since I see similar arguments to this being made to deflect all criticism of internet personalities which isn't what I'm trying to do, but I don't see value in complaints that boil down to "I miss the old days", and I hope Pippa doesn't feel bad about them. I really liked the more personal chat interaction and quieter community too and I think my posts that rip into the newer people in her fanbase speak for themselves, so I absolutely understand the sentiment, but it's not constructive or helpful in any way. Creators and their content changing over time is inevitable because their personalities change as they grow older and their audiences expand. There's different context to what she does on stream now as someone with a significantly bigger audience and more experience than to what she did on stream two years ago when she was only broadcasting to a handful of people.

In the context of being a larger streamer with an active chat from various different backgrounds, I think Pippa's been doing pretty well lately. In terms of collabs (since that's seemingly the most controversial thing) I get that the Mahjong crew aren't for everyone and that's fine, but she also followed through on the Henya collab people had been asking for for a long time and it was a great stream, and she's also done streams with both Lumi and Tenma which are always well received. The react streams get backlash but they also seem to do well for her numbers-wise; and while talking about numbers is an uncomfortable topic for some people, those metrics are genuinely useful for a more popular creator who is too big to have direct engagement with their fans - if the react streams pull in high view counts and watch time then that makes it clear that a significant portion of her audience do enjoy them, and the complaints are from a vocal minority.

Pippa really should try to do something about her time management since it doesn't seem to be healthy for her, which'd mostly just be a case of pacing herself better. The collabs outside of her usual stream time seem to be the thing that do her in the worst so spacing those out more rather than cramming several of them in a single week probably wouldn't hurt, and we've obviously said what we need to say about the late-night guerillas. I just find the degree of backlash she's getting seems excessive proportional to the (fairly minor, all things considered) mistakes she's been making. She obviously is still attentive to her audience and is aware of what they like and what they don't like, it's just that her audience isn't just ten of us and about twenty guys from /pcg/ any more, so things have to work differently.

Pippa love.

DogBone

Last edit (I need sleep): To sorta wrap this whole thing up, I think she needs to decide on something, if she wants to try and get that smaller community back at the cost of some of her income, she needs to filter out whatever part of it she doesn't want around and lose her numberfagging habits. If she's willing to sacrifice her closer community and her reliance on it for the growth and stability, she needs to de-person chat, filtering anyone that would run off (me and some others I'm sure) and go for the generic fleshtuber route of handling chat, cause trying to balance between the two is only gonna drive her and the viewers wild after a while, and would only end poorly.
Chat being annoying and spamming the same jokes is a direct consequence to growing in size as a streamer and just letting people step over boundaries without having mods deal with them. What I'm wondering is how much will Pippa enjoy streaming if she is totally indifferent, at best, towards her audience.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I'd just like to give my 2 schizo cents here too.
I've pointed out sort of a band-aid fix for this within your post, Which is; She honestly should consider starting to do regular-ish membership-only streams. All of her coworkers in Phase Connect do it AFAIK (my source is that other than Pippa I'm only membered to 2 other girls within Phase, which they all do members-only chats and gaming sessions etc. Hell, it's basically done by the majority of vtubers in Hololive/Nijisanji/etc to do membership streams to get closer with people that support you on a monthly basis and filter out the noise of regular streams). I understand why she didn't do it in the past. She was a 2view and didn't want to exclude anyone in her chat. Though, I feel like at this point if she wants less fucking retarded chatters and to try and mend that sort of bond her long time viewers have with her (and miss). She will have to bite the bullet and should consider doing actual membership-only streams. It won't filter absolutely every retard in her chat, but it will filter out enough to be a mildly better environment for both parties (her and chat).
Wouldn't do shit, the worst retardation comes from the members.

Eat em and breed em

I need help

diethylether

bird molecule
Going back a bit I think this is why I find criticism from /pcg/ to be painfully obnoxious: I do not like that genuinely fair points some people are making (her staying up all night then being tired on stream etc.) seem to get equal representation to "she's actually cucking (You) with uwu, stay mad pipnigs"-tier """criticism""". I also dislike how possessive a lot of it comes off as; she is allowed to spend time away from her chat playing games with her friends. Everyone does this, it's good to have a healthy work/life balance, the only difference here is people can actually track when she's playing the Mahjong game.
/pcg/ is riddled with people who think pippa belongs to them/owes them everything because they used to watch her when she was less popular. Probably fairly normal considering why vtubers are popular in the first place. It's also why I don't think that /vt/ is a good source of feedback for streamers. Some stuff is obvious insanity that you can safely discard, but if people start sperging out like the threads posted earlier, it will be difficult to keep it all in perspective. Especially when the feedback stems from a bunch of neckbeards with barely any social prowess to begin with, which is clear from how offended they are that pippa would rather play with people on voice than with them.

And I don't mean to completely invalidate the feelings of abandonment that some of them experience, but they should really reflect on if they are actually justified. At the end of the day, Pippa is a streamer, not their childhood friend.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
There's almost no interaction with her community outside of it. No member streams, no karaoke, no events. All she does is stream and that's it (except for maybe twitter but that hardly counts).

e. oh and her viewers enabling her retarded behaviour is definitely the worst part. Everytime she feels bad about soemthing she's doing (sometimes rightfully so), chat coddles her and tells her she's doing great. So she feels justified in making shit decisions
This is what I miss. We're lucky if we get one karaoke a month, and when is the last time she has done anything with viewers that wasn't jong? Like the MMO streams she used to do (I am not just saying this because I desperately want an osrs stream, I swear) or the yubicraft streams. Pretty much all of her interaction with her community at this point is arguing with them over superchats. I am also frustrated with chat coddling her. It feels like you can't give honest criticism because of a whole host of reasons. She closed maros, superchats aren't really the right place for actual criticism. She most likely doesn't read this thread, and she obviously doesn't take criticism from /pcg/ either. Before you say that is a good thing (it generally is), there is some valid criticism you can find on /pcg/. You just have to sift through a bunch of garbage. Your options seem to be trying to superchat anyway, which wont go over well, or tweet at her, which she will definitely ignore.

Eat em and breed em

I need help
This is what I miss. We're lucky if we get one karaoke a month, and when is the last time she has done anything with viewers that wasn't jong? Like the MMO streams she used to do (I am not just saying this because I desperately want an osrs stream, I swear) or the yubicraft streams. Pretty much all of her interaction with her community at this point is arguing with them over superchats. I am also frustrated with chat coddling her. It feels like you can't give honest criticism because of a whole host of reasons. She closed maros, superchats aren't really the right place for actual criticism. She most likely doesn't read this thread, and she obviously doesn't take criticism from /pcg/ either. Before you say that is a good thing (it generally is), there is some valid criticism you can find on /pcg/. You just have to sift through a bunch of garbage. Your options seem to be trying to superchat anyway, which wont go over well, or tweet at her, which she will definitely ignore.
her maros are still open and seems she replied to the verified accounts recently. mostly because I think they get prioritized in he list there

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
her maros are still open and seems she replied to the verified accounts recently. mostly because I think they get prioritized in he list there
Are they? Last I remember was her talking about not reading them because there's just too many, so I figured she closed them. Not that there is much of a difference between closing them and just not reading them at all.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Yeah, you have, again I can get why John Vtuber and the likes simp for her, but you have Shiori who has a bigger audience pull and pool and it feels like she pulls off bettee chat interaction than say Pippa does. So at her size it's not impossible, but perhaps she simply isn't up to the task to pull it off.

Members would be an issue as she hasn't cultivated member content. It worked for Tenma when she did a member stream but her chat in general isn't as bipolar.

I'm just saying if Kronii, Irys and Shiori can pull it off, it isn't too late for Pippa. But it doesn't really seem like she is making that attempt. She just might be more comfortable with chat in the position it is in as Pipkun said as it reinforces her combative nature. Wanting a smaller more intimate chat is a pipedream, but if she wanted to put the effort in she could do something more manageable on her end.

diethylether

bird molecule
Are they? Last I remember was her talking about not reading them because there's just too many, so I figured she closed them. Not that there is much of a difference between closing them and just not reading them at all.
they are still open and yes I remember her saying that as well. She doesn't seem to respond to them much though. I saw 2 new responses pop up some weeks ago, but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom