"I'm magging now!"Motoaki 'YAGOO' Tanigo

Holostars English '-ARMIS-' Announcement/Debut Containment

RiverBear

KamiyaJuu confirmed or something?

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Both seem to be the promising likable bro types; no fujo bait, no Gura/Vesper killer. I'll take a partial win.

edit: After looking over some clips, SuperKrazyBones seems like one of those Nintendo manchild but is strangely charming.

Last edited:

mismatch

Kinda sad that Vesper and GB won't be in Stars together. I feel like Puerto Rican Sniper oji and New York Orc oji would have a lot to talk about.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Hakka is calling GB Gibby

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
So Holostars got Markiplier and Kronk from Emperor's New Groove
Basically yes, but it is a win nonetheless.

My Two Cents on the ARMIS debut:

Jurard is dropping his spaghetti all over the place. He was nervous AF. He'll be fine after a week or two. Hopefully he doesn't go full FLIPFÄG and drop slurs left and right or this will be the fastest a Holostars will graduate. His voice is good but you can hear the Flip accent and ESL grammar. It's not too annoying, could've been worse. The singing will be his bread and butter going forward, his vocals are awesome.

Goldbullet is AWESOME! Can't wait to watch his streams, he has the unhinged Vesper energy and his laugh is infectious. He's GHEY AF but in a BRO way and not the Uki-Marina respect me, I'm a degenerate asshole vermin way. He's hiding his power level (watch his PL streams to get an idea) and he comes across as a Male Shiori in the intrusive thoughts department. He's the one I will watch in this Gen.

Personally, that's 2 of 2. Cover keeps winning with getting entertaining and likeable talents. Will watch the other 2 tomorrow.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Btw a little tidbit in Latino lore, not all the guys that sounds like Eagle man are super gay, i know some people that talk like them and are married with womans and have children, they usually come from families with a lot of womans that is very common here or are raised by single mothers

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
Btw a little tidbit in Latino lore, not all the guys that sounds like Eagle man are super gay, i know some people that talk like them and are married with womans and have children, they usually come from families with a lot of woman that is very common here or are raised by single mothers.
**Edit: He loves plushies, leg day and cat videos. He is GHEY AF . Hoping he isn't vermin level like Uki. He's also Puerto Rican. @Nenélove as a fellow beaner, what's your take on this?

***Final Edit: He exudes male Shiori energy. He's hiding his power level. I'm not gonna be surprised he will say slurs in the future.
He's GHEY but the cool bro ghey. Nothing wrong with that, he's entertaining. I will tune in to watch his streams.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

Edit:

Mega64 guys took notice

Last edited:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
This guy:

Oh hello rrat it's good to see you back my nigga

Also I was right jurard was kamiya almost all of the known vtubers in the pH scene( at least in my knowledge) has had some interactions with him or RTd his stuff

I'll look later if his best friend pan said anything

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I compared voices using this clip, sounds like him to me.

Idk if my gaydar is just faulty but he sounds quite normal to me ngl, someeeeetimes I hear some homo in there but Nolan sounds way gayer than this dude with his high-pitched, brit accented, faggy autismo voice.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Finally watched the debuts today, Jerard got them debut nervousness with all that yelling but he's crazily talented at the thing he wanted to show off the most so I give him that, GB reminds me of shinri for a moment but the guy is pretty alright beyond that (solid video production on his debut stream too)
Pretty satisfying debut so far, hopefully the other two will carry on the energy tomorrow as well

edit: first song cover sounded ok, gonna have to see his karaoke stream to see if he rlly got real pipes though

Idk if my gaydar is just faulty but he sounds quite normal to me ngl, someeeeetimes I hear some homo in there but Nolan sounds way gayer than this dude with his high-pitched, brit accented, faggy autismo voice.
definitely not as bad as flayon at least, but sounding like a raging femboy is kind of a curse to every aspiring voice actors out there so I can't really blame the manlet that much

Last edited:

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
I wonder how unicorns would react to a homo who is just as much of a fan as they are and doesn't make any advances towards the shared oshi?
Late, but Oga is pretty well respected in spite of being very open about being a Lunaito. Possibly due to that as he respects the distance between fan and oshi.

EDIT TO PREVENT DOUBLEPOST:
Here's my scorecard.

JURARD - I like his energy. He makes me feel like I snorted a pile of crack-cocaine. He's a bit overwhelming but he still seems like a fun guy. I'll see if I can get over him like I couldn't with Flayon. If he drops the super schizo stuff he'll probably be fine. Also... being open about his oshi is pretty based tbh. Even if he could only allude to his other oshi. I'm sure we'll see him playing Like a Dragon 8 for that reason. Solid 6/10 until he drops his insane act. Under the loudness 8/10.
GOLDBULLET - Honestly I expected him to be pretty gay, but by god, was he gay... maybe not though if that clip about tiddies is real. Open about liking TF2, I like that. References were funny. Genuinely just seems like a really nice dude. Might check him out more. 7/10.

Last edited:

frz

White Stone said:
I have nothing against the boys but I'm still curious what motivates any content creators to want to join HOLOSTARS. They are going to have an uphill battle to fight when your numbers will be nowhere close to the girls, more than half of you coworkers will be ignoring you, and a significant amount of "fans" will attack you just for existing.

I guess if you are a 2view, being upgraded to a 3view/low 4view is still an improvement.
Answer in question, but also they are flips so they have access to Holopro JP's 3D studio/technologies and their sponsor, networking, vocal/dance/language coaches, whether they can make use of those ASSets and make money is upon them. Also some of the rrat says hololivers have a fixed salary. Going indie / getting into a popular streamer cliche is also not exactly easy as flip males.
I looked at Trex's old channel + plus his debut, it turned out super wholesome for him

The guy has 200k subs, sounded like everyone know who he is even before this debut, but apparently he made no money and is homeless. Phillipines isn't exactly the nation to sustain a streamer carreer it seems.

Dude really watched pekora one day, made it his dream to get into hololive, probs got disowned & kicked out because asian parents, grinded for 4 years straight despite no money coming in and made his dream come true.

Holostars isn't exactly very successful atm but I hope the dude ends up with a good career.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I looked at Trex's old channel + plus his debut, it turned out super wholesome for him

The guy has 200k subs, sounded like everyone know who he is even before this debut, but apparently he made no money and is homeless. Phillipines isn't exactly the nation to sustain a streamer carreer it seems.

Dude really watched pekora one day, made it his dream to get into hololive, probs got disowned & kicked out because asian parents, grinded for 4 years straight despite no money coming in and made his dream come true.

Holostars isn't exactly very successful atm but I hope the dude ends up with a good career.
So he is a Filipino who is actually living in Philippines in the moment? That's interesting, I don't think we have actual SEA talents in HoloEN or StarsEN before? Bijou's family is from Thailand but she is living in the States at the moment. Shiori is suspected to be Filipino but she's also living in the States at the moment.

Has that happened before in NijiEN? I know Millie is Filipino but she stays in Canada.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
So he is a Filipino who is actually living in Philippines in the moment? That's interesting, I don't think we have actual SEA talents in HoloEN or StarsEN before? Bijou's family is from Thailand but she is living in the States at the moment. Shiori is suspected to be Filipino but she's also living in the States at the moment.

Has that happened before in NijiEN? I know Millie is Filipino but she stays in Canada.
this is a first actually since the other notable SEA talents are on the west and both holoID and NijiID are exempted on this

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
MMMM
I Wonder why he likes Jojos :BijouBijou:
I did laugh out loud when I saw Jojo's Bizarre Adventure displayed under LGBTQ+ literature rather than under manga in a local bookstore.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter

The dude has massive talent in voice acting perhaps even more than flayon did, hope he gets the further exposure he needs in starsEN now. At least being in corpo still gives you a higher chance of getting collab tie-ups and opportunities even on a smaller scale

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

He moved to Canada a year ago unless he went back for some reason.

frz

I dont know where he is from i just heard the dude is homeless, i only watched his graduation stream mind you.

That being said it seems very highly is the case, he debuted under an agency called 8THiR3AL Projekt which is a phillipine based agency, showed up in some Phillie cons and such. The agency went kaput on April 30th this year. Most vtuber under it already stopped streaming, except for one girl who moved to JP this year and has been streaming in Japanese since the start and some vtweeter "come back soon for real for real".

Sidenote: i checked out her channel and she sounds exactly like Millie when she speaks English, kinda interesting that Millie contracted the flip accent even though she is a Canadian.

Edit: 46gumi found it he moved to canada in 2022? But not finding any cliche to join in that period is still a bit sad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom