"What's the point of therapy if I can't even use it as stream material"Dizzy Dokuro

Graduation of Pomu Rainpuff

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Bug Eater

For Nina... I can no longer dig into Nina membership to check deeper, but she had planned a song every two months from the start of 2023, including two originals she had already started work on. None of them ever saw the light of day
The fucked up thing is that Maria was able to release like 10 songs over the past 6 months without any hitches (AFAIK, I don't follow her super closely), they have a really serious issue with consistency in the level of support that they're able to offer their talents. I don't know whether it's just manager gacha (and they should maybe consider firing some people) or whether the problem runs higher than that and someone in upper management has a hateboner for certain people. Looking at how Sayu was treated I'd wonder if it's closer to the latter. (or for the Super Saiyan God level optimists maybe they actually improved something over the past 6 months)

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Yeah it's bullshit, honestly graduations don't even make me sad anymore, 90% of the chuubas who graduate just pop up somewhere else or go indie, very few people seem to actually leave the industry forever when they """quit""".
God damn you Beatani

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

Punished Lurker

The fucked up thing is that Maria was able to release like 10 songs over the past 6 months without any hitches (AFAIK, I don't follow her super closely), they have a really serious issue with consistency in the level of support that they're able to offer their talents. I don't know whether it's just manager gacha (and they should maybe consider firing some people) or whether the problem runs higher than that and someone in upper management has a hateboner for certain people. Looking at how Sayu was treated I'd wonder if it's closer to the latter. (or for the Super Saiyan God level optimists maybe they actually improved something over the past 6 months)
Not only Maria, Millie has been releasing songs too and Enna just released a duet with Maria the other day. I really wonder how the perms systems work in these corpos because it's either all working good or a wrench gets thrown in the middle and the cover gets delayed to infinity with little to no inbetween these two options

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer
Perhaps - perhaps! - Beatani is in the new Phase JP Gen.

A dream for now, a reality to come!
I wish it to be true. At least it would make up for the chinchilla getting turned down.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I have heard that the Niji EN's are aware of the site and pretty frustrated that Cover and Anycolor haven't managed to take it down. I assume they checked it more back when it would get regularly updated, but it's been much less active for at least a year now so they probably don't look at it as much anymore.
Honestly, the site is awful. Not as in "Ban that shit", but as in "Why on Earth would people use it as a /vt/ with less jannies?"

It wasn't designed as a discussion board, the comments section makes its use as a discussion board practically incredibly inconvenient, the site is entirely in Japanese... yet it became a discussion board with significant English sections.

wtf

While I'm sure talents will look at their pages to see what info is being spread... I have a hard time believing they're reading the comment sections. Fujos produce an order of magnitude more traffic there than we do, I know, but I imagine talents are a bit more time constrained.

Looks like Pomu is not going to Vshojo immedietly as she is enrolled in some classes. She probably buy enough time to get into Hololive again?

Nina said she'd go offline and touch grass for a while.

Just saying.

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Nina said she'd go offline and touch grass for a while.
To be fair, she did actually do that. She did a couple months of traveling before coming back and debuting as Matara.

I am still not sold on the idea that Pomu would want in on Holo, anyway. I don't know how ambitious she is, but there are enough downsides to it that she could just be trading corpos without that much gain. Yeah, she'd get better project support, but she would still get denials and the possibly of having entire projects canned is not zero. If she wants to be completely free from the dumb corpo shit, VShojo seems like a better choice, even if they don't have the potential to reach the same heights as Holo.

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter
You're all attacking each other thinking that you're Niji members, little did you know I am a shared account by all 14 HoloEN Girls. (Not Irys she's not allowed to touch my shit)

Limkin

You don't necessarily have to enforce non-compete, if it was drafted as an exchange agreement. Side A promises X, in return side B promises Y. Could be as easy as "We don't sue the company you end up with for poaching you while still employed, and you promise to only start streaming 3 months later". If it comes to a lawsuit it would be effortlessly easy to prove Vshojo actively tried to poach her and get into a shitload of trouble. Starting from Mouse publicly admitting to this. So you get out of the company clean, with no axe hanging over your head now or in the future, all for the small price of not working for a couple of months
Edit: "Enrolled in classes" sounds like a thinly veiled "I am being prepped for a new gen" holo-style

Last edited:

Username Generator

Early Adopter

Looks like Pomu is not going to Vshojo immedietly as she is enrolled in some classes. She probably buy enough time to get into Hololive again?

I see 5 possible scenarios here:

The literal meaning:
She enrolled into classes and is gonna be studying, no streaming

Indie and Studying:
She enrolled into classes and will be streaming as indie on the side

Just Indie:
She will go indie and the classes thing is a reference to her new persona (why though, just return to Maid Mint)

Studying and Corpo:
She will join a big corpo like hololive and will be studying while she waits for the debut (for example if she joins holo i would expect this to take up to a year)

Studying = Preparing for her next debut:
"Enrolled into classes" = signing a new contract, "Studying" = Preparing for the new debut, bonus points if the new persona is in some way school/university related

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter
I see 5 possible scenarios here:

The literal meaning:
She enrolled into classes and is gonna be studying, no streaming

Indie and Studying:
She enrolled into classes and will be streaming as indie on the side

Just Indie:
She will go indie and the classes thing is a reference to her new persona (why though, just return to Maid Mint)

Studying and Corpo:
She will join a big corpo like hololive and will be studying while she waits for the debut (for example if she joins holo i would expect this to take up to a year)

Studying = Preparing for her next debut:
"Enrolled into classes" = signing a new contract, "Studying" = Preparing for the new debut, bonus points if the new persona is in some way school/university related
I have a sixth, what if she's pregnant with Vox's child and her studying is in fact her giving birth to it and then raising the ultimate content goblin?

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Vox is milked four times a day by Nijisanji's Automated Manmilker Machine (tm) and his seed immediately frozen and shipped off to the Chinese mainland to be sold at a 10000% markup.

He's not actually permitted to masturbate unless hooked up to Nijisanji's Automated Manmilker Machine (tm) or to have intercourse while with Nijisanji. This would waste a valuable merchandising good. Each failure to comply leads to losing a month worth of his 2% seed revenue split.

soap suds

Pomu just clarified that she's not really aiming for a degree and is instead just taking some classes for certification. She didn't say what the certification is for, but chat joked about her becoming forklift certified.

Bronze

She's hiding the truth. She's planning her revenge against Nijisanji

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
She's hiding the truth. She's planning her revenge against Nijisanji

Hopefully she meets a better fate than Strangelove did.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
The going back to school to take some classes for certification triggered some memories. Back in 2008 when the US economy was in the toilet, a bunch of friends went back to school as post baccalaureate students to take a few additional classes for a second undergrad degree (instead of going for a masters for whatever reason) or to get the classes needed to apply for MBAs and other masters degree programs. A few went back for IT, marketing, nursing and teaching certs.

She might legit be thinking about life after streaming, either going into management side, starting her own company or agency, or just chilling and seeing what offers she can get from the various EN corpos.

Punished Lurker

I wouldn't be surprised if it was earlier, but I could only dig so far and the tone around her birthday seemed okay.
Sorry for taking so long in posting @sbm , but what should have been a quick answer turned into me going into a rabbit hole and possibly finding more circumstancial evidence that Pomu might be going to Vshojo. Get ready cause what I'm going to talk about is prime rrat material :cursedbae:

Alright let me start from the beginning, at first I just wanted to answer sbm question: at what time could Pomu have decided to graduate, and the reason I had my doubts about the october date was that I read on the /vt/ archives that Millie said on stream (I still have to watch the stream and find out what was said exactly so take this with a huge grain of salt) that Pomu had decided to graduate by the time they met IRL, which happened twice this year: in Japan in december (which is too close to the graduation date) and back in August for Otakuthon. But while I was waiting to post this information I suddenly remembered two (at first) unrelated pieces of information

The first one is a clip I saw here in the Asylum but that I couldn't find it anymore, it was from the Vshojo new years party and it was some bait clip with a title like "Matara tells Ironmouse she saved her life" or something like that. I couldn't find it here so I went to the Ironmouse VODs and searched for the specific part of the clip, finding it at around 10:30:30 moment of the VOD. The reason I thought about it was because Matara drunkenly drops some very interesting lore in it, she says that Ironmouse told Gunrun to fly to LA so that he could convince Matara to join Vshojo, and she specifically mentions that it was after she quit her "hollywood job".
Here's an a transcript of the most important part but I do recommend watching the full moment, I think the name of the stream is like "Last stream ever of 2023" or something like that:
MATARA: I told a short story on stream where I said I left my old Hollywood job and then you found out I was in Los Angeles and you forced Gunrun to fly down to Los Angeles to meet me. You like "Gunrun go to Los Angeles Matara is there". <...> "You made Gunrun fly down to LA to meet with me, I told you I was taking my summer off and you said "Gunrun, go get that bug"

The second one was something I remembered from last year: after Nina graduated she and Pomu mantained contact with each other, both of them mentioning this in their streams both directly and indirectly so it wouldn't be too obvious, not only that but they also met through the year, and in my head I suddenly remembered something: didn't they meet in LA earlier this year? So I looked into the archives and then I found it!

In this stream from the 19th of July Pomu talks in depth about a trip she just took to LA so she could see a MGS event, where she hung out with Nina (17:36) I haven't been able to watch the entire VOD, but the important part is that Matara and Pomu were in LA at the same time

So pulling this information alltogether a timeline kinda starts to show: on the 7th of July Nina graduates and as she said before the left she starts traveling so she meets with Pomu in LA so they can hang out. At this point in time as sbm wrote in his post Pomu was dissatisfied with the state of her projects and the little support she was receiving plus just having one of her closest friends leave the company. At the same time Ironmouse sends Gunrun to LA so that he could convince Matara to join Vshojo, so the rrat that I've cooked is, could that meeting between Nina and Gunrun have involved Pomu too? and if so, could he have made his pitch to both of them?

Of course I have to admit I'm doing a lot suppositions here and it's all very circumstantial as the only thing I can quote unquote "prove" is that the three were in the same city at the same time and that the topic of going to Vshojo was talked about (for example we have no way of knowing if Pomu was actually present on that meeting, or if they even agreed on something) but if after the her graduation Pomu does go to Vshojo as many theorize she could do then this could prove that Ironmouse may have accidentaly or intentionally poached two big Vtubers from a rival company at the same time. And kinda related to this topic I think August/September may have been the moment that Pomu decided to graduate as planning the trip to Antarctica must have taken it's time, not only that but the trips that the waves made to Japan in October must have also been planned with anticipation, so it kinda fits the timeline. Even so she also said she was very hesitant on the option of graduating so who knows what she was thinking during any of this

Or maybe Pomu proves us wrong, does something else and I am just seeing things where there is none. I just wanted to write this down and get it out of my head

Also I commented this on the main thread, I was planning on doing another long post about Niji but If I decide to go through with it I'll post it after the Anime Impulse con

Last edited:

soap suds

Sorry for taking so long in posting @sbm , but what should have been a quick answer turned into me going into a rabbit hole and possibly finding more circumstancial evidence that Pomu might be going to Vshojo. Get ready cause what I'm going to talk about is prime rrat material :cursedbae:

Alright let me start from the beginning, at first I just wanted to answer sbm question: at what time could Pomu have decided to graduate, and the reason I had my doubts about the october date was that I read on the /vt/ archives that Millie said on stream (I still have to watch the stream and find out what was said exactly so take this with a huge grain of salt) that Pomu had decided to graduate by the time they met IRL, which happened twice this year: in Japan in december (which is too close to the graduation date) and back in August for Otakuthon. But while I was waiting to post this information I suddenly remembered two (at first) unrelated pieces of information

The first one is a clip I saw here in the Asylum but that I couldn't find it anymore, it was from the Vshojo new years party and it was some bait clip with a title like "Matara tells Ironmouse she saved her life" or something like that. I couldn't find it here so I went to the Ironmouse VODs and searched for the specific part of the clip, finding it at around 10:30:30 moment of the VOD. The reason I thought about it was because Matara drunkenly drops some very interesting lore in it, she says that Ironmouse told Gunrun to fly to LA so that he could convince Matara to join Vshojo, and she specifically mentions that it was after she quit her "hollywood job".
Here's an a transcript of the most important part but I do recommend watching the full moment, I think the name of the stream is like "Last stream ever of 2023" or something like that:
MATARA: I told a short story on stream where I said I left my old Hollywood job and then you found out I was in Los Angeles and you forced Gunrun to fly down to Los Angeles to meet me. You like "Gunrun go to Los Angeles Matara is there". <...> "You made Gunrun fly down to LA to meet with me, I told you I was taking my summer off and you said "Gunrun, go get that bug"

The second one was something I remembered from last year: after Nina graduated she and Pomu mantained contact with each other, both of them mentioning this in their streams both directly and indirectly so it wouldn't be too obvious, not only that but they also met through the year, and in my head I suddenly remembered something: didn't they meet in LA earlier this year? So I looked into the archives and then I found it!

In this stream from the 19th of July Pomu talks in depth about a trip she just took to LA so she could see a MGS event, where she hung out with Nina (17:36) I haven't been able to watch the entire VOD, but the important part is that Matara and Pomu were in LA at the same time

So pulling this information alltogether a timeline kinda starts to show: on the 7th of July Nina graduates and as she said before the left she starts traveling so she meets with Pomu in LA so they can hang out. At this point in time as sbm wrote in his post Pomu was dissatisfied with the state of her projects and the little support she was receiving plus just having one of her closest friends leave the company. At the same time Ironmouse sends Gunrun to LA so that he could convince Matara to join Vshojo, so the rrat that I've cooked is, could that meeting between Nina and Gunrun have involved Pomu too? and if so, could he have made his pitch to both of them?

Of course I have to admit I'm doing a lot suppositions here and it's all very circumstantial as the only thing I can quote unquote "prove" is that the three were in the same city at the same time and that the topic of going to Vshojo was talked about (for example we have no way of knowing if Pomu was actually present on that meeting, or if they even agreed on something) but if after the her graduation Pomu does go to Vshojo as many theorize she could do then this could prove that Ironmouse may have accidentaly or intentionally poached two big Vtubers from a rival company at the same time. And kinda related to this topic I think August/September may have been the moment that Pomu decided to graduate as planning the trip to Antarctica must have taken it's time, not only that but the trips that the waves made to Japan in October must have also been planned with anticipation, so it kinda fits the timeline. Even so she also said she was very hesitant on the option of graduating so who knows what she was thinking during any of this

Or maybe Pomu proves us wrong, does something else and I am just seeing things where there is none. I just wanted to write this down and get it out of my head

Also I commented this on the main thread, I was planning on doing another long post about Niji but If I decide to go through with it I'll post it after the Anime Impulse con

Well, Pomu just said that she held off on doing her graduation because she wanted to attend NijiFes and Anime Impulse, so it fits the supposed timeline.

Last edited:

braindoko

some 2023 posters were convinced she was graduating and tried to gather evidence for the rrat
>Pomu making "dark humor" for months now about never doing 3D shit
>Including her telling Kiara they'll never be on stage together
>Completely defeated and doesn't give a fuck when her reservation she made a year ago was scrapped for the JP clique
>The rumored vshoujo dinner
>No upcoming merch
>Didn't record new AR live shit despite everyone else doing so
>Hasn't talked about her future plans at all, like new outfits coming
>Yesterday with the Mika shit
>Elira playing through the MGS at a very fast pace, alongside a dark comment she made in her most recent MGS stream about needing to finish it ASAP
>Her original song has been in limbo for an unknown reason. It's now going to be her swan song, just like what Mika and Mysta di
out of these points only the vshojo dinner seems to be made up
>telling Kiara they'll never be on stage together
this could mean as Pomu, but also "never as part of the same company"

LMAO I just read the post above, so it's not just a baseless rrat

Last edited:
Top Bottom