"Stop with anymore requests of seeing real body pieces and go watch a twitch whore instead leave me the fuck alone you make me uncomfortable at this point"Tenma Maemi

Graduation of Pomu Rainpuff

hlwldlnf

Their official stance is - EN viewership comes from JP fans, and their strategy to fix low numbers is to release incresingly high amount of people who speak JP to get them back. I wish I was high as a kite before typing it but no, this is what they say is the problem and the solution. Taking it at face value - they gave up on EN market a year ago at the very least, have no hopes at gaining a foothold in it anymore and are looking for ways to integrate it
This was something even JP fans of EN were calling bullshit when the one before the current financial report for Anycolor came out, the smart enough people know damn well that this was some business explanation. And I don't think those JP fans are dumb enough to hop on something so volatile as the current situation.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Their official stance is - EN viewership comes from JP fans, and their strategy to fix low numbers is to release incresingly high amount of people who speak JP to get them back. I wish I was high as a kite before typing it but no, this is what they say is the problem and the solution. Taking it at face value - they gave up on EN market a year ago at the very least, have no hopes at gaining a foothold in it anymore and are looking for ways to integrate it
why does this feel like they took the chink fujo money (i.e fans that dont speak or only partially speak EN) and decided to make it dictate their entire business strategy in hopes of printing money

either that or they truly are retarded

frz

Vshojo had their first 3D stage almost 2 years ago and has been running digital and IRL events for even longer. They have built up infrastructure for this over a long period of time that is mainly being utilized by Kson and Nazuna (PBUH) at the moment.

You can sing anywhere but Phase is objectively not an idol company.

I just wanna say that Kson 3D has 0 thing to do with Vshojo, she bought all the equipment and kinda did everything by herself, using her own money. She said she lost alot of money and will never make it back with that 3D performance but she did it anyway for the fans.
While you credited the wrong people. At least the equipment themselves are already bought.
Funny thing is now that I think about it is that there's another player in the international game who's been very aggressive lately that hasn't been mentioned yet and it's Brave. They're going with the idol/performer route with V4Mirai by the looks of it and as mentioned a few pages ago, Kou is a Pomudachi.

Itll be a huge curveball if she ends up there just like her graduation announcement.

:whatastory:
I did mention them, it goes Holo > Vshojo > Brave > Phase if your priority is singing and dancing.
Brave's longevity is a bit questionable however, they are right now a shady group that manages to lose money every years and their answers to it is build more offices, hire more staffs, entering metaverse, expanding into unexplored markets and beg the CHINKS for money (aka fundraising). Their viewership is still very shit EN-wise. But honestly not a bad 2-3 years stop gap if you can secure a Himehina deal where you get to keep your PL and they just throw money at you to do idol shit.

Last edited:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Vshojo had their first 3D stage almost 2 years ago and has been running digital and IRL events for even longer. They have built up infrastructure for this over a long period of time that is mainly being utilized by Kson and Nazuna (PBUH) at the moment.

You can sing anywhere but Phase is objectively not an idol company

Agreed. Pomu is large enough to get into VShojo which offers pretty much all the freedom somebody like Pomu would get in Phase but with more financial backing and more friends. I'd personally like her to get into Holo because she seems like a perfect fit given her penchant for being an idol and she'd probably get more opportunities for large concerts and such there, but I imagine she might not want to deal with JP bureaucracy/management again.
I see this "vShojo can afford to be an idol company and provide you for funds for this and that". Did you guys forget HOW vShojo has that money? They didn't build a massive business to scale and run a profit like Hololive and even Phase to their degree. No, vshojo was flooded with Venture Capital money. They have the exact same problem we criticize Idol for - we have no idea if they're pulling a profit themselves, we have no idea how much mystery money they're sitting on. God help them if the bill gets called for as well and THEY AREN'T running in the black yearly. vShojo is not the sure thing you guys expect it to be because we have to take them fully at their word everything is running fine. And the last time that happened, 3 members suddenly bailed without any warning due to contract's being shit.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
He's a wannabe talking head who got known for doing some work as an editor for Vshojo and CdawgVA a while back, like during the Nux Taku drama. He's been coasting on that ever since as the sort of guy who constantly dogwhistles having secret knowledge on whatever current controversy is going on, without actually ever giving details, to leech some clout for himself as an orbiter.
So just another grifter like Koe or Cunner himself that pretends to have industry secrets or whatever but couldn't answer 10 questions about vtubers if you asked him?
Scum.
I would like to preface this by stating I think vShojo is the most likely landing spot for Pomu in the future. But as Security said, Phase is starting to hit its stride and in the next year might be hitting some real powerhouse numbers. And this is especially when you compare it to the one stat that no one has brought up yet - that by AnyColors's own numbers NijisanjiEN is down 35 fucking percent the last year.

I would love to know the breakdown of those numbers on a country by country basis, but honestly it's not needed. Just look at the reaction to the latest 2-3 waves of Niji talent and the drop-off in excitement, initial views, sustained CCV, and donations/income has dropped off a goddamn cliff. At this point they need to fix something major and NOW, or that entire branch will implode. Though honestly, I'm not sure they entirely care considering the narrative that was presented to us via the Niji ID debacle - namely that Niji seems to value the JP home branch overwhelmingly and oppressively over any of the other branches.
I will not discount phase but I will say that phase...friends, are getting really annoying by butting into EVERY talent graduation recently and going "Hmm, maybe she's going to my corpo?!? Tee hee!" when all of the signs point elsewhere and fish seems quite content feeding on the scraps from other small corpos.

Limkin

I don't disagree with their official position being bullshit, but this is the closest we get to country breakdown. Or as I said before, that being truth is worse than them lying about it.
NijiEN just never was handled in the way anyone expected. They flip flopped from trying to be second Hololive, to chasing chink fujo money, to chasing big numbers influencers, to aggresively hiring bilinguals, to thinking that bad PR is better than no PR. There is no kind of overarching goal or coherence in decisions. Phase is a sad girl company, you can do whatever the fuck you want and being mentally sick is welcomed. Cover is for big girls who are fine with extremely corporate way of doing things and being constantly involved in massive projects in exchange for enormous reach. Vshojo is where you go to scam investors out of their money and ride it until they start asking that money back. What do you say to someone who wants to be a Nijifan? "They are fun I guess" is all I can think of. JP has a massive selling point of "everyone is equal regardless of gender". Their guys and girls both have big male and female audiences. Not separate groups who want to murder each other

Bronze

I will not discount phase but I will say that phase...friends, are getting really annoying by butting into EVERY talent graduation recently and going "Hmm, maybe she's going to my corpo?!? Tee hee!" when all of the signs point elsewhere and fish seems quite content feeding on the scraps from other small corpos.
Tbh the only reason it feels like that is Vshojo actually gets them so it doesn't feel like we are slapping their name instantly since Henya to any big graduation. Phase was just put as a possibility, which even then majority of us didn't believe. Then discussion derailed into general future of NijiEN talents and still didn't return to its main topic.
E: Remember we even discussed some myth members ending up in Vshojo

Last edited:

VTuberThrow

I see this "vShojo can afford to be an idol company and provide you for funds for this and that". Did you guys forget HOW vShojo has that money? They didn't build a massive business to scale and run a profit like Hololive and even Phase to their degree. No, vshojo was flooded with Venture Capital money. They have the exact same problem we criticize Idol for - we have no idea if they're pulling a profit themselves, we have no idea how much mystery money they're sitting on. God help them if the bill gets called for as well and THEY AREN'T running in the black yearly. vShojo is not the sure thing you guys expect it to be because we have to take them fully at their word everything is running fine. And the last time that happened, 3 members suddenly bailed without any warning due to contract's being shit.
I'm not saying VShojo is an idol company, but neither is Phase. Both have similar freedom for a talent like Pomu but VShojo offers more financing and way more familiar members compared to just Lia as far as we know. VShojo also must clearly have something to offer as they just pulled in 2 big former Niji members already along with Coco and Pika. Maybe that financing isn't stable, but they've been in the game for a while now so I don't think there's much reason to not join them on some assumption that they might fail some time far into the future assuming the contract satisfies you. And at least if VShojo fails, you seem to get to take your brand with you at least, something that isn't guaranteed elsewhere.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Tbh the only reason it feels like that is Vshojo actually gets them so it doesn't feel like we are slapping their name instantly since Henya to any big graduation. Phase was just put as a possibility, which even then majority of us didn't believe. Then discussion derailed into general future of NijiEN talents and still didn't return to its main topic :smugpipi:
E: Remember we even discussed some myth members ending up in Vshojo
This smug attitude will come to bite you fags in the ass, you mock Nijisisters for their plight but ANYONE could be in their position tomorrow. All corpos are always in turmoil.

Bronze

This smug attitude will come to bite you fags in the ass, you mock Nijisisters for their plight but ANYONE could be in their position tomorrow.
Its not a smug attitude, its the reality. Vshojo is even mentioned under the official graduaton announcement. To a point people tweeted about being annoyed by it. Vshojo is mentioned pretty much in ANY big graduation since they got the name "the retirement home" The only reason it feels less noticeable is because they get the talents. There's nothing we can do about position phase, idol, eien, holo or anyone put itself in. So no point overthinking about it. We'll cheer good things that happen in vtubing, and shed tears when bad stuff happens. I'm sad for Pomudachis, just not for the company. Its on them that i care more about Holo girls i don't watch than Nijisanji's future

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
:)

Those AKA virtual guys are amazing
Otherwise continue your shilling guys and just ignore that Pomu has 1 friend in one place and in the other she has 3
Sound like a no brainer

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Phase is only realistic as a landing place if you are a survivor/escapee of a failed/failing small corpo, and/or you have a close relationship with multiple talents. That being said, they do expressly have an avenue for people to join outside of their normal generations, which is unique in the industry as far as I'm aware. But if you're coming from the big leagues, you have to REALLY want to be wrangled for it to make sense.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Millie.
If the 4th horseman is supposed to destroy an empire, no one more appropriate than the biggest bootlicker signaling the downfall of said empire.
:Zaion-HAHAFAYAH:
Riku already has the 30 Silver Play Buttons. Let the Nijipocalypse begin!
I mean Hanlon's razor is a thing, but with so many dead projects you've got to wonder at some point if it isn't a matter of "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action"...
What really clinches the butthole is the enemy action is actually FRIENDLY FIRE.

smartestkidontheshortbus

How are they doing in average viewcount? CCV is very well and good but I know that phase boasts an specially loyal fanbase, I wouldn't be surprised if the nip corpos have more fans that just do not catch streams live (yuros is a good example). Niji was always inflated by the chinese in the west anyways, their true power lies in grorious nippon where they are still number 1 to my understanding.
Pippa and Selen are almost 1:1 on viewcount averaging around 50k per vod; with the main difference being Selen has 3 times the subscribers. It's safe to say Selen would be middle of the pack in Vshojo and on the lower end in Hololive, but would be a major player in phase.
The widely accepted answer is Vshojo, but to write off Phase Connect (or any other non-Vshojo agency) so quickly is foolish. Aside from the CCV comparisons others were making, I wouldn't be surprised if Selen and Pomu (and perhaps Mika) are being courted with sweetheart deals from other agencies. This is about money in the end, so if they end up going with a smaller company which will result in a CCV cut but they get an amazing split, they could come out ahead in the end.

That said, I don't think Pomu will end up at Phase, if she's still interested in doing the idol thing. Phase just doesn't have the experience and facilities to do that sort of thing, even though they look like they're trying to move in that direction with ASLUR and the new music channel. (So the same thing Aze just said above but in my defense he added that while I was still drafting my own reply.) So maybe Hololive would be a really good fit for her. I think Selen could be just fine at PC. And given that the environment around Vshojo has changed (for the better) in the past year maybe she'd still be able to collab with her friends in Vshojo without the fans at either corpo getting too pissy about it.

Despite her now somewhat regular collabs with PC I don't think Sayu has any plans to go corporate in the near future seeing as how she just recently fundraised and then purchased a new model, new assets, a nice new lore video, etc. It'd be silly for her to go through all that trouble and expense if she's been trying to get back into a corpo this whole time, and if she did it soon it might piss off a good number of her donors (and rightly so).

Inspired by what Porean shared in my stream chat today, let's have a look at the subscriber counts of NijiEN's graduated and terminated members.

Mysta: 1.17M
Pomu: 623k
Nina: 600k
Yugo: 415k
Zaion: 108k

Total: 2.916M
the fact that Hololive isn't even being considered as an option is strange to me. Both Selen and Pomu have connections within Hololive, and would provide something unique to the brand.
She could finally go full racist asian like she always wanted.
My prediction/schizo theory:
Pomu: Hololive the company is largely focused in the area she wants, and has the resources to make her goals a reality.
Selen: indy probably starting one of those indy confederations with Rpr and Qu.
Rosemi: this only happens if Nijisanji fumbles the bag on Tekken 8, but Phase considering her numbers are comparable to Tenma, and actually has former colleagues there it makes sense.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Pippa and Selen are almost 1:1 on viewcount averaging around 50k per vod; with the main difference being Selen has 3 times the subscribers. It's safe to say Selen would be middle of the pack in Vshojo and on the lower end in Hololive, but would be a major player in phase.
You discount the blue dorito buff, just like canner said "If ya get in Holo ya set dawg!"

smartestkidontheshortbus

You discount the blue dorito buff, just like canner said "If ya get in Holo ya set dawg!"
I think the Dorito buff is exaggerated at this point, and not as beneficial to someone like Selen or Pomu. The buff is mainly for low 3 view indies, and is just the massive exposure you get in your initial debut. You may be guaranteed 300k subscribers by signing up, but most of the EN talents hover under 10k ccv.

Bronze

But if you're coming from the big leagues, you have to REALLY want to be wrangled for it to make sense.
True. And its been said before and agreed here too. In fact one of the agreed posts was mine. Guess I need to pull back from putting my opinion this often, otherwise i contribute to derailing topics and people misunderstand my intentions.
I think the Dorito buff is exaggerated at this point, and not as beneficial to someone like Selen or Pomu. The buff is mainly for low 3 view indies, and is just the massive exposure you get in your initial debut. You may be guaranteed 300k subscribers by signing up, but most of the EN talents hover under 10k ccv.
Hololive is a golden opportunity for Pomu no matter the ccv imo simply becuase it's the idol company. I don't think she would even think twice, unless she's really sick of management stuff. That's something a nijifan can explain i guess. There's also the superchats and memberships but i have no idea of these numbers

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
My opinion on the EN market is that there's just not enough normies (most of them left after the pandemic), so the corpos are just battling for a share of the weeb fans that are left, in this market mass appeal doesn't work as well so I think eventually all EN projects will end up with similar numbers and most will fizzle out. Holo trying to move onto games and metaverse crap is still a good idea IMO, they could very well mayflower it up on that industry and escape the heat death of EN vtubing (if it happens).

Trying to predict industry trends is so god damn difficult anyways, if you'd told me NijiEN would be brought to its knees in 2022 I would've laughed at you, if you told me EN vtubing in general was a profitable venture in 2019 I would've called you a retard.

smartestkidontheshortbus

My opinion on the EN market is that there's just not enough normies (most of them left after the pandemic), so the corpos are just battling for a share of the weeb fans that are left, in this market mass appeal doesn't work as well so I think eventually all EN projects will end up with similar numbers and most will fizzle out.
There's plenty of normies; they just moved to Twitch instead. You also have to account for every EN company tripling it's size at minimum, with the exception of Vshojo, for an audience that's still roughly the same size it was at the start of the pandemic.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
I find the Phase shilling in this thread (and other places) to be annoying given that phase has nothing to offer to someone like Pomu who cares a lot about idol style stuff.
the fact that Hololive isn't even being considered as an option is strange to me. Both Selen and Pomu have connections within Hololive, and would provide something unique to the brand.
My opinion on the EN market is that there's just not enough normies (most of them left after the pandemic), so the corpos are just battling for a share of the weeb fans that are left, in this market mass appeal doesn't work as well so I think eventually all EN projects will end up with similar numbers and most will fizzle out. Holo trying to move onto games and metaverse crap is still a good idea IMO, they could very well mayflower it up on that industry and escape the heat death of EN vtubing (if it happens).

Trying to predict industry trends is so god damn difficult anyways, if you'd told me NijiEN would be brought to its knees in 2022 I would've laughed at you, if you told me EN vtubing in general was a profitable venture in 2019 I would've called you a retard.
Hololive is a candidate for Pomu primarily because of friends like Kiara and her hard-on for idol shit. vShojo, obvious reasons. Phase was never a candidate, but seeing as how they're on the upswing, it's actually interesting to compare-and-contrast with the big two/three-ish as Niji looks like it's on the way out.

As an aside, the complaints about Phase coming up in discussions is as gay and retarded as the forced interjection/the poachbegging also. It's an Events thread and we're looking at the incipient collapse of Niji EN. Given all the doomposting about it, someone will step up to be #2 in the West. Did you all forget where we are? Enjoy the discussion. Quit being fags and revel in the chaos. Bad decisions are coming home to roost.

Top Bottom