"Rat poison? Fuck yeah!"S.S. Isa

Graduation of Pomu Rainpuff

Bug Eater

there is a slim (Very VERY VERY VERY slim) possibility we could get an Invader wave that is all former Niji-Livers.
That would be infinitely more interesting than the soulless snore-fest that is the VSJ poach train, please Lia shoot your shot before it's too late.

Seriously though I feel like Pomu would actually fit in well there and it would obviously be fantastic for Phase as well, but I'd guess that her future plans were already cemented months ago (and personally I'd say VSJ, would be nice to see her reunited with Nina and Mysta, although I'd love to see her come back as Mint also)

Speaking of Mint Fantome, here’s what she looked like back then.

Her maid outfit as Pomu had some pretty obvious references to her PL with the colour scheme.
I'm a big fan of this video (featuring her first design) as something that you can play on loop and slowly lose your mind to

Last edited:

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
I was not attacking you guys with that statement, get the chip off your shoulder for once. NijiEN dying is a BAD THING for all of us, not just Nijisanji fans, this industry is still small enough that any ripples affect everyone. I have also always said that any corpo having a monopoly will be a BAD thing, even Holo. Whenever I shit on Niji it's either deserved or me shitposting and yeah I am biased, and there's nothing wrong there, there's plenty of phase and indie shills in this site that will take jabs at the big corpos while defending their own and it's their right to do that.

I am gonna be honest, I don't like Niji's or Vshojo's style of content, I don't watch them, and if Vshojo in particular was the only corpo in the EN side I would probably go full indie or quit the hobby altogether because I really dislike their normie pandering, kayfabe-less style of content that I feel dilutes what made vtubing magical for me in the first place. But I understand why other people like those corpos, I just don't like this widespread fucking hate that Niji's blundering is creating that makes people go "hurr durr corpo bad!" or "I wish all vtubers were indie", it vindicates people like those fags in the black & white indie's replies yesterday, maybe I'm just being like a unicorn seeing his oshis collabing with m*les and angrily balking at the sight of my favorite parts of the medium being labeled as "the problem".

I don't hate Nijis and I don't take pleasure in seeing part of the industry going up in flames, my hatred is singularly focused on how vtubing is changing and how people are talking (and rrating) about corpos (specially japanese ones) nowadays.
But the last part is somehow true: the japanese style doesnt work for westerners:
The Japanese style known has been effective for years but in an changing and evolving business world like vtubing certain aspects needs to change for their foreign branchs:
1. Rigid hierarchical structure can hinder innovation and agile decision making.In other markets the ability to collaborate freely and make decisions in a more flexible way becomes essential.
2. Japanese business culture has traditionally been wary of drastic changes.This resistance to change can limit the ability of Japanese companies to keep up with their foreign competitors.
Adapting to a more flexible and agile approach can help Japanese companies remain competitive in a changing global market

Tubedude

But the last part is somehow true: the japanese style doesnt work for westerners:
The Japanese style known has been effective for years but in an changing and evolving business world like vtubing certain aspects needs to change for their foreign branchs:
1. Rigid hierarchical structure can hinder innovation and agile decision making.In other markets the ability to collaborate freely and make decisions in a more flexible way becomes essential.
2. Japanese business culture has traditionally been wary of drastic changes.This resistance to change can limit the ability of Japanese companies to keep up with their foreign competitors.
Adapting to a more flexible and agile approach can help Japanese companies remain competitive in a changing global market
It depends on what you see as the mandatory aspects of the Japanese style.

For instance I like that there tend to be restrictions on IRL posting and polit-sperging.

The issues with perms and support could be fixed with the company putting in more work towards such things, or at least I would think so.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
He wasn't blaming Holofans for what Niji livers are going through though. He's blaming them on how insufferable the anti COVER posting will most likely be when they get their own string of yabs again if ever it happens which Nenelove is worrying about.
And according to him, they deserve it because of what they said about Niji. I can agree that, if Cover goes down the path of Nijisanji, they will both get absolutely shit on and will completely deserve it, but not because holofans were oh so mean and nasty to my favorite black company. I'm not a fan of companies, just talents, but if I was, and my favorite company started treating its talents like garbage, and driving them out with their shitty decisions, I'd not only be voicing my criticism, I'd be louder than any wannabe baitfag or dramaposter ever could be on the subject. That's how companies improve, via criticism, even if that criticism takes the form of a bait thread on /vt/. I certainly wouldn't be crying in the corner, thinking to myself "how DARE they make fun of my favorite company" and "I can't wait to see THEM get the same treatment!" It's pathetic and gay. I have a lot of respect for the normal fans of Niji talents that continue to post here and shill their oshis regardless of what we say about the company (it can't be easy being a Niji fan, knowing Bay Lurker could be behind any corner). I have no respect for people who appear to have this parasocial attachment to a soulless corporation that doesn't care about them and only exists to drain money from their wallet, especially when that company is pulling the kind of horseshit Nijisanji does on a regular basis.

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA
As to the coming months, I hope she revives Mint FANTOME, aka Maid Mint. That design is top tier, and having an updated version of it would be a winning move.
Speaking of Mint Fantome, here’s what she looked like back then.

Edit: Adding Lia’s reaction to the announcement

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
And according to him, they deserve it because of what they said about Niji. I can agree that, if Cover goes down the path of Nijisanji, they will both get absolutely shit on and will completely deserve it, but not because holofans were oh so mean and nasty to my favorite black company. I'm not a fan of companies, just talents, but if I was, and my favorite company started treating its talents like garbage, and driving them out with their shitty decisions, I'd not only be voicing my criticism, I'd be louder than any wannabe baitfag or dramaposter ever could be on the subject. That's how companies improve, via criticism, even if that criticism takes the form of a bait thread on /vt/. I certainly wouldn't be crying in the corner, thinking to myself "how DARE they make fun of my favorite company" and "I can't wait to see THEM get the same treatment!" It's pathetic and gay. I have a lot of respect for the normal fans of Niji talents that continue to post here and shill their oshis regardless of what we say about the company (it can't be easy being a Niji fan, knowing Bay Lurker could be behind any corner). I have no respect for people who appear to have this parasocial attachment to a soulless corporation that doesn't care about them and only exists to drain money from their wallet, especially when that company is pulling the kind of horseshit Nijisanji does on a regular basis.
Says the guy with a parasocial attachment to niggas :SelenHAHAhere::smugselen:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist
He wasn't blaming Holofans for what Niji livers are going through though. He's blaming them on how insufferable the anti COVER posting will most likely be when they get their own string of yabs again if ever it happens which Nenelove is worrying about.
This kind of what if doesn"t make much sense. Cover, unlike Niji, will fix its mistakes when they appear, and they've made plenty. Niji on the other hand seemingly does everything in its power to make their talents miserable and does nothing to rectify it. Its like the clock thats only right twice a day is making fun of the clock that's only wrong twice a day.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

For instance I like that there tend to be restrictions on IRL posting and polit-sperging.

The issues with perms and support could be fixed with the company putting in more work towards such things, or at least I would think so.
The problems for the support always come because of the focus on the Main branch due to nobody wanting to give up in the domestic market
Lets see what VSPO does maybe they come up with a better plan and dont crush themselves into the sun

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Petition to rename this place to tribalism thunderdome (created by Nenelove)?

Tubedude

This kind of what if doesn"t make much sense. Cover, unlike Niji, will fix its mistakes when they appear, and they've made plenty. Niji on the other hand seemingly does everything in its power to make their talents miserable and does nothing to rectify it. Its like the clock thats only right twice a day is making fun of the clock that's only wrong twice a day.
Arguable.

Cover still has issues that are causing friction and burnout in the EN branch, and has for a bit. They do seem to have made steps to try to fix it, but it still seems to be imperfect as of now. Admittedly seems to be more than what Niji has done, at least from an outside perspective.

Bronze

That would be infinitely more interesting than the soulless snore-fest that is the VSJ poach train, please Lia shoot your shot before it's too late.

Seriously though I feel like Pomu would actually fit in well there and it would obviously be fantastic for Phase as well, but I'd guess that her future plans were already cemented months ago (and personally I'd say VSJ, would be nice to see her reunited with Nina and Mysta, although I'd love to see her come back as Mint also)
I don't believe it will happen. Vshojo now doing concerts, and access to fast 3D models too is simply a better opportunity. I simply cannot see anything Phase can offer that is better. Don't forget you can walk away from Vshojo with your model as well. Henya and ex niji talents are also a factor. And you don't need to wait debut times unlike Phase. She can debut the week her stuff is ready

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer
I can't believe Lumi would do this.
She can't get away with it!
image-2024-01-06-004533645.png

VOtter

I heard the rumblings about Pomu like everyone else, but I'm still surprised. I had a feeling it was coming soon, but not THIS soon.

Anyways, fuck Niji. The talents have always deserved better (except Kyo and Vox), and I have lost all hope of Niji ever recognizing that. Once Enna and Millie are out, Niji can take it's last breath.

Anyways, in honor of Pomu, my favourite (and currently timely) moment:

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Gura its still burn out and now Ame is as well
Maybe its better for the rest but Dimitri Jap isnt the motherfucking second coming of Jesus Christ that vt/ believes him to be

Bug Eater

I don't believe it will happen. Vshojo now doing concerts, and access to fast 3D models too is simply a better opportunity. I simply cannot see anything Phase can offer that is better. Don't forget you can walk away from Vshojo with your model as well. Henya and ex niji talents are also a factor. And you don't need to wait debut times unlike Phase. She can debut the week her stuff is ready
Henya/Kuro/Mata is probably all the motivation she needs, 3D is nice (Pomu technically already had it and even did a final karaoke song in 3D at Nijifes last year), but friends are for life. I guess in the context of vtubing friends can even last for multiple lifetimes as was the case for Mint, Pikamee, Pomu, Henya, and whatever Pomu is doing next.

Certified Autist
Arguable.

Cover still has issues that are causing friction and burnout in the EN branch, and has for a bit. They do seem to have made steps to try to fix it, but it still seems to be imperfect as of now. Admittedly seems to be more than what Niji has done, at least from an outside perspective.
This is true, but I imagine a lot of that friction is the distance. If everyone lived in Japan these issues might have never appeared in the first place. Once they did, that distance has made them harder and harder to fix. Bae just up and moving to Japan is probably going to do a lot for her activities.
The only exception here is Irys, and as we've come to learn this was due to Omega's shitty leadership and planning, and now that he's gone and EN2 has been made into Promise, things will probably go more smoothly for her.

Certified Autist
Gura its still burn out and now Ame is as well
Maybe its better for the rest but Dimitri Jap isnt the motherfucking second coming of Jesus Christ that vt/ believes him to be
Burnout isn't really in the control of management or even the talents. As someone who's been through it, it can just...happen sometimes. Like you hit a brickwall.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
:WHORE!!!: Riku is gonna merge the EN to to all the branches next month I think

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
i was talking about 2022
2023 Problems are still to see their results if someone leaves before the end of the year
But i commented that just to said that it was kinda impossible to push for unity when problems arised trough 2022 and divided the fandom
Big dumbass derp on my part, my bad.
You can insert your choice of "aging in real time" gif here because when you properly pointed this out my only thought was "wait.. fuck where did the time go?" Losing track of time even with all this shit really makes you have some moments like that.

I do still at least understand why Cover is so paranoid about perms and shit though what with the history. However they do need to get over it because simple fact is more leeway and options for their talents will only help. Even for shit that should be obvious or fast still seems to take a while longer than needed. Stardew Valley somehow took time despite being previously available for example or Lethal Company taking time to confirm, plus a number of other number of examples I'm forgetting offhand.
They just should have some people dedicated more to having a huge list up and ready to go whenever. Far as I know it's basically on the talent hassling a manager or something to get to it.

Arguable.

There's also the ID girls who are showing signs. I get that it's difficult since they're all over the planet but when they start showing more signs of fatigue you probably need to check in better. It's always possible of course that they're just at that point and done but I imagine it would be nice to know if that's the issue or if it's an internal you can manage.
We'll see what happens though. I imagine for every like 4 girls who are happy to do this for a living there's probably a couple who either didn't plan on that or reach a point where they consider if that's what they really want.

Top Bottom